Is it possible to move from practice in tax to industry roles (non tax)?
I have been working in practice as a Tax Assistant for over 3 years now, CTA qualified, nearly a qualified CA and I was wondering how easy or possible it is to move from tax practice to non tax industry roles? I am looking for a change and feel that I would prefer it industry but I am being told by recruiters that making such a move without relevant audit experience is hard...
Does anyone have any experience of making such a move and how they did it?
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,274 24
- VAT - Check on clients business 891 37
- Second Limited Company 72 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 471 10
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 284 8
- Entrepreneurs Relief, and then new company 117 2
- Probate services 360 7
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 449 20
- trading losses allowable? 751 14
- Tax Fines - HMRC 769 12
- Post AAT? 654 3
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 106 1
- Treatment of valuation fee for IHT. 193 2
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,629 37
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,503 24
- Opening Balance in Sage 50 Accounts 130 3
- Sage accounts help 120 1
- Community Faux Pas 826 25
- AAT before CIMA? 143 1
- Shared Network Drive on the Cloud 111 3