Job seeker's allowance
I have a client at the end of his tether and I fear he is falling into depression. He has had no work for nearly a year but not for want of trying. He is struggling financially and has had no help from the benefits office.
He was previously contracted under CIS and paying class 2 NI and all other taxes as they fell due.
I have very little (read none except that which I've read from the internet!) experience of benefits and how to qualify for them.
Have any of your clients had experience of this? Any advice would be very welcome.
- Practical experience 818 15
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 405 9
- Personal Tax 115 1
- VAT 300 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 154 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 113 1
- last minute request 210 3
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 113 2
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 76 1
- Cash gift from India 480 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 71 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 413 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 93 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 237 6
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,140 44
- Maternity and claining expenses 649 6
- Overseas workday relief 157 5
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 303 3
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 667 13
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 125 1