Job seeker's allowance
I have a client at the end of his tether and I fear he is falling into depression. He has had no work for nearly a year but not for want of trying. He is struggling financially and has had no help from the benefits office.
He was previously contracted under CIS and paying class 2 NI and all other taxes as they fell due.
I have very little (read none except that which I've read from the internet!) experience of benefits and how to qualify for them.
Have any of your clients had experience of this? Any advice would be very welcome.
- flat rate scheme 641 18
- How to reward a long standing employee 113 1
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 230 5
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,498 43
- Unqualified accountants filing SATR, VAT returns etc for clients 138 3
- New intermediaries reporting requirements 181 2
- Windows 7 to 8 should I go Excel or Office 365 177 3
- Special dividends & CGT 275 2
- Attachment of Orders 111 1
- Sage instant account codes 262 2
- Allocation of income from property 247 7
- Protocol to be followed for professional clearance 174 2
- Turnover on a tax return 710 13
- UK tax exposure 390 7
- Companies House Presenter Account 181 3
- regulated mortgage work? 230 3
- Employer Making Employee Calculate own Holiday Pay 193 1
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 298 8
- What do young accountants know that you don't? 2,304 11
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 571 8