The situation is this:
Client charges Management Company £75,000 + VAT for appearance fee.
Management company pay £89,825.02 in total as they deducted £174.98 for clothing costs that they had purchased on behalf of the client.
My invoice is of course £75,000 + VAT but now I have £174.98 outstanding on the management company's customer account.
What's the correct way of getting rid of this amount? I do not want to put it through the bank as no physical money was transferred between the parties bank accounts. I also do not want to do a credit note as there is nothing to credit against the clothes account and I also do not want to change the invoice.
Unfortunately, I did not create a proper service invoice within Sage. This would have allowed me to add a discount in the first place. Instead I created a batch customer invoice. I've also run the VAT return for the period this relates so I cannot even delete the invoice and re-do one with the discount as this would screw the VAT records up.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
- cross border vat 13 1
- PPR posers 72 1
- Allocating Partnership Profit Loss and offseting loss against general income 101 5
- revers sales receipt 83 4
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,412 64
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 1,820 13
- Any Scottish members out there? 12,316 459
- Transfer shares to son 126 5
- What accounting software is there for Irish Accounts? 237 3
- Shares received in return for services rendered 75 1
- Anti Money Laundering Checks 458 5
- Overnight subsistence 68 1
- 100% Xero practice 2,651 50
- Franchise income and costs 290 1
- Separating business for VAT purposes 262 3
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 622 11
- Devolved HMRC? 166 2
- capital gains on PPR 370 18
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,586 33
- Is it possible to retrospectively change the tax year that dividends were paid. 782 29
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,332
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 492
- National Insurance 378
- Non Resident 305
- Hands on experience of Digita 227
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 199
- Employer's Helpline 173
- employment capital allowances 169
- Use of home expenses Rent calculation 165
- CIS paid under reg 9 164