The situation is this:
Client charges Management Company £75,000 + VAT for appearance fee.
Management company pay £89,825.02 in total as they deducted £174.98 for clothing costs that they had purchased on behalf of the client.
My invoice is of course £75,000 + VAT but now I have £174.98 outstanding on the management company's customer account.
What's the correct way of getting rid of this amount? I do not want to put it through the bank as no physical money was transferred between the parties bank accounts. I also do not want to do a credit note as there is nothing to credit against the clothes account and I also do not want to change the invoice.
Unfortunately, I did not create a proper service invoice within Sage. This would have allowed me to add a discount in the first place. Instead I created a batch customer invoice. I've also run the VAT return for the period this relates so I cannot even delete the invoice and re-do one with the discount as this would screw the VAT records up.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 774 18
- Help with HMRC investigation 344 7
- SMP reclaimable by employer 158 4
- Yorkshire Day 61 3
- Incorporated when they should not have 359 11
- Directors pay adjustment from 1k to the magic 833.33 44 1
- Accountancy Career 391 6
- Employee and subcontractor 144 2
- calculation DTR restriction 120 2
- R&D tax credit claim 566 8
- Agent help line - long queues? 76 2
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,754 40
- Is it possible to run/own a UK based business, as a resident of Italy? 148 2
- What are options for non CA firm 3,080 66
- Accounts Software 274 10
- Company Director In Prison 521 12
- Flat rate VAT 180 3
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 2,429 23
- Deduction from Salary 873 23
- National insurance contributions 132 1
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 687
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 541
- Cancelled 431
- Cancelled 366
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 364
- Probiz 339
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 331
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 245
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 219
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 206