The situation is this:
Client charges Management Company £75,000 + VAT for appearance fee.
Management company pay £89,825.02 in total as they deducted £174.98 for clothing costs that they had purchased on behalf of the client.
My invoice is of course £75,000 + VAT but now I have £174.98 outstanding on the management company's customer account.
What's the correct way of getting rid of this amount? I do not want to put it through the bank as no physical money was transferred between the parties bank accounts. I also do not want to do a credit note as there is nothing to credit against the clothes account and I also do not want to change the invoice.
Unfortunately, I did not create a proper service invoice within Sage. This would have allowed me to add a discount in the first place. Instead I created a batch customer invoice. I've also run the VAT return for the period this relates so I cannot even delete the invoice and re-do one with the discount as this would screw the VAT records up.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
- eBay trading 187 4
- HMRC filing meltdown? 34 1
- UKBA financial requirements for spouse visa 167 17
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 246 10
- Self assesment online 860 10
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 1,089 46
- childcare 68 3
- Childcare voucher schemes 214 8
- What sectors to target? 523 25
- Rent a room scheme query. 116 2
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 430 12
- PAYE Control Visit 167 2
- Practice management 329 6
- Repayment of maternity pay 196 4
- Journals to Creditors Control 245 8
- Capital allowances on Software 114 1
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 213 10
- Pension contribution 157 3
- Adding employers clients on LinkedIn 226 3
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 287 12
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 918
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 636
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 592
- Latest phishing scam 568
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 396
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 301
- Scratch Head 222
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 219
- Capital allowances in first basis period 209
- Sabbatical payments 188