The situation is this:
Client charges Management Company £75,000 + VAT for appearance fee.
Management company pay £89,825.02 in total as they deducted £174.98 for clothing costs that they had purchased on behalf of the client.
My invoice is of course £75,000 + VAT but now I have £174.98 outstanding on the management company's customer account.
What's the correct way of getting rid of this amount? I do not want to put it through the bank as no physical money was transferred between the parties bank accounts. I also do not want to do a credit note as there is nothing to credit against the clothes account and I also do not want to change the invoice.
Unfortunately, I did not create a proper service invoice within Sage. This would have allowed me to add a discount in the first place. Instead I created a batch customer invoice. I've also run the VAT return for the period this relates so I cannot even delete the invoice and re-do one with the discount as this would screw the VAT records up.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 731 15
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 1,144 22
- Spousal transfer and PPR 696 31
- Overseas business trip - accompanied by family 52 1
- unmarried couple, two houses, one rental - CGT? 248 8
- recompense capital input 187 11
- Exports/Dispatches - non VAT registered 102 2
- Capital allowances on taxis 223 2
- CT losses carry back 89 1
- Thoughts on revenue recognition 546 17
- help guys! self employed or still company income? 155 2
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 761 19
- Deferred Tax Asset & Liability 416 12
- Where has Portia gone? 2,272 68
- Financial Advisor / Mortgage brokering 136 1
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 183 3
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 226 5
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 989 22
- What shall I reduce payments on account to? 210 3
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 256 5
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 797
- RTI - duplicate employee record 562
- Pensions Regulator 454
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 413
- Portia ... Where art thou 333
- Sanzar 315
- How do you do it 300
- Digital marketing focus group 299
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 273
- new investor structure 183