The situation is this:
Client charges Management Company £75,000 + VAT for appearance fee.
Management company pay £89,825.02 in total as they deducted £174.98 for clothing costs that they had purchased on behalf of the client.
My invoice is of course £75,000 + VAT but now I have £174.98 outstanding on the management company's customer account.
What's the correct way of getting rid of this amount? I do not want to put it through the bank as no physical money was transferred between the parties bank accounts. I also do not want to do a credit note as there is nothing to credit against the clothes account and I also do not want to change the invoice.
Unfortunately, I did not create a proper service invoice within Sage. This would have allowed me to add a discount in the first place. Instead I created a batch customer invoice. I've also run the VAT return for the period this relates so I cannot even delete the invoice and re-do one with the discount as this would screw the VAT records up.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
- Is there a way around new dividend tax changes? 2,331 16
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 527 12
- Unable to access Co House website 55 1
- Late night meals self employed 223 1
- PPR ELECTION 161 5
- Winning clients from retiring accountant - ethics/morals 540 10
- VAN Benefit in Kind - Tax Code 120 1
- Builing a gin palace but wants to rent out for a year first 442 3
- PAYE variance 167 1
- Partnership VAT reg - also applies to partner's INDIVIDUAL income? 195 4
- Mother and son property ownership 464 1
- Resigning as a director 294 8
- Is it okay to make full time drivers self employed? 1,773 22
- Paper partnership return 151 2
- Repayment of Share Capital 304 4
- Asignment of lease and premium paid 198 3
- Over VAT threshold but now ceased trading 333 2
- Reclaim VAT charged by US company 233 2
- Entrepreneurs' Relief - we're too late, aren't we ? 642 6
- Sole Director Limited Company and Childcare..hat is most tax efficient way to do it? 516 6
- NHS finance professionals 559
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 373
- Foreign Pension Contribution 337
- Fines for late submission of the RDR 320
- vat gross profit percentage margins 300
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 298
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 276
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 245
- EBT Self Assessment Return 231
- Thinning income 212