The situation is this:
Client charges Management Company £75,000 + VAT for appearance fee.
Management company pay £89,825.02 in total as they deducted £174.98 for clothing costs that they had purchased on behalf of the client.
My invoice is of course £75,000 + VAT but now I have £174.98 outstanding on the management company's customer account.
What's the correct way of getting rid of this amount? I do not want to put it through the bank as no physical money was transferred between the parties bank accounts. I also do not want to do a credit note as there is nothing to credit against the clothes account and I also do not want to change the invoice.
Unfortunately, I did not create a proper service invoice within Sage. This would have allowed me to add a discount in the first place. Instead I created a batch customer invoice. I've also run the VAT return for the period this relates so I cannot even delete the invoice and re-do one with the discount as this would screw the VAT records up.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 2,433 29
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 534 12
- Slipped out of the self assessment radar 245 2
- How to opt out? 370 6
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 64 1
- Companies House incorporation service 160 6
- utr 135 4
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 132 3
- Moneysoft Payroll Manager 295 7
- P9D or P11D 708 7
- CT return error message 376 10
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,704 43
- Group subcontracting - accounts not consolidated 106 2
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 96 1
- Should the Report of the Director be included in the interim financial statements of a small company 96 1
- Audit rules 373 8
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 293 7
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 831 11
- Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax 190 2
- FRS17 query 207 2
- Xtuple 541
- Qtac payroll for bureau 369
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 313
- Industrial & Provident Societies 308
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 277
- CIS schemes 211
- Domain name sale and limited company 202
- Investment 180
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 172
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 171