The situation is this:
Client charges Management Company £75,000 + VAT for appearance fee.
Management company pay £89,825.02 in total as they deducted £174.98 for clothing costs that they had purchased on behalf of the client.
My invoice is of course £75,000 + VAT but now I have £174.98 outstanding on the management company's customer account.
What's the correct way of getting rid of this amount? I do not want to put it through the bank as no physical money was transferred between the parties bank accounts. I also do not want to do a credit note as there is nothing to credit against the clothes account and I also do not want to change the invoice.
Unfortunately, I did not create a proper service invoice within Sage. This would have allowed me to add a discount in the first place. Instead I created a batch customer invoice. I've also run the VAT return for the period this relates so I cannot even delete the invoice and re-do one with the discount as this would screw the VAT records up.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
- What do you all do in your spare time? 617 28
- Accountants website 303 4
- Threshold company limited by guarantee. 42 1
- Retrospective VAT Claim 85 1
- New client has not reported director's pay by RTI 329 9
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,387 20
- SAGE 50 PAYROLL YEAR END 204 5
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 389 6
- Can software startup claim VAT refund during development? 149 6
- Tax implications on building an 'office' 194 2
- VAT on employee loan 245 2
- VT Final Accounts puts "Cost of Sales - Carriage" and "Cost of Sales - Other Costs" into "Other Costs". Is that compulsory? It seems mad. 181 3
- Auto Enrolment, Payroll, Small Client Advice and what to charge? 705 18
- Partial PPR relief to non-resident after 05 Apr 2015 146 1
- Purchased Goodwill 119 1
- Accounting Package for Projects 79 2
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 100 1
- Are accountants keeping up with the pace of change? 210 4
- Recruitment agencies 585 1
- Do you charge fee or % for Successful appeal against HMRC penalties? 523 20
- New Fangled Penalties 1,078
- Moving away from CCH software 930
- QROP pension input amounts 424
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 370
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 337
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 309
- fraud 263
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 236
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 211
- Construction CIS LLP Company 189