The situation is this:
Client charges Management Company £75,000 + VAT for appearance fee.
Management company pay £89,825.02 in total as they deducted £174.98 for clothing costs that they had purchased on behalf of the client.
My invoice is of course £75,000 + VAT but now I have £174.98 outstanding on the management company's customer account.
What's the correct way of getting rid of this amount? I do not want to put it through the bank as no physical money was transferred between the parties bank accounts. I also do not want to do a credit note as there is nothing to credit against the clothes account and I also do not want to change the invoice.
Unfortunately, I did not create a proper service invoice within Sage. This would have allowed me to add a discount in the first place. Instead I created a batch customer invoice. I've also run the VAT return for the period this relates so I cannot even delete the invoice and re-do one with the discount as this would screw the VAT records up.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
- Can someone help me please I don't know how to correct an error regarding an intercompany bank transfer on sage 243 4
- physiotherapy clinic 535 3
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 1,884 18
- Late Registration for VAT 129 3
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 55 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 998 25
- Deferred Tax 60 1
- Preference shares treated as liabilities 40 1
- I've not operated a payroll - will i get charged on late PAYE payments? 394 7
- How much of your work is admin? 102 1
- HMRC Let Property Campaign 1,777 19
- Goodwill complications 135 2
- Personal pension 207 3
- Practical Courses - Accounts Prep 153 1
- VAT Registration for locum Doctors 286 7
- IRIS Accounts Production - Dividends shown in P&L? 241 6
- Gov.UK - can we have HMRC.gov.uk back? 971 26
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,153 12
- property development 267 8
- Registering a company late 196 5
- TheTax Donut 1,002
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 661
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 613
- Follower cases 479
- Limited company purchase of property 404
- Hive up 403
- corporate hierarchy 373
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 371
- LIVE chat, starting now 310
- AIA or IFA 205