The situation is this:
Client charges Management Company £75,000 + VAT for appearance fee.
Management company pay £89,825.02 in total as they deducted £174.98 for clothing costs that they had purchased on behalf of the client.
My invoice is of course £75,000 + VAT but now I have £174.98 outstanding on the management company's customer account.
What's the correct way of getting rid of this amount? I do not want to put it through the bank as no physical money was transferred between the parties bank accounts. I also do not want to do a credit note as there is nothing to credit against the clothes account and I also do not want to change the invoice.
Unfortunately, I did not create a proper service invoice within Sage. This would have allowed me to add a discount in the first place. Instead I created a batch customer invoice. I've also run the VAT return for the period this relates so I cannot even delete the invoice and re-do one with the discount as this would screw the VAT records up.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
- General tax book with planning 127 2
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,177 69
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 262 11
- Gift of property & improvements 97 2
- Error in past Corporate tax return 326 5
- VAT Invoice 109 4
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 789 32
- IHT and Swiss Property 113 1
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 196 3
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 160 7
- Vat code for journal entries of director's expenses 133 2
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 430 10
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 357 8
- Help with tax codes on Sage 243 1
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 176 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 256 4
- Accounting for a finance lease 157 4
- SA302's anyone?? 530 16
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,641 41
- Renting for military reasons 189 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,617
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 899
- International interest certificate 509
- NOVA 367
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 290
- Management expenses for investment company 262
- Bonus Bonds 260
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 171
- tax on apprenticeship income 171
- P11D benefit received by widow 148