The situation is this:
Client charges Management Company £75,000 + VAT for appearance fee.
Management company pay £89,825.02 in total as they deducted £174.98 for clothing costs that they had purchased on behalf of the client.
My invoice is of course £75,000 + VAT but now I have £174.98 outstanding on the management company's customer account.
What's the correct way of getting rid of this amount? I do not want to put it through the bank as no physical money was transferred between the parties bank accounts. I also do not want to do a credit note as there is nothing to credit against the clothes account and I also do not want to change the invoice.
Unfortunately, I did not create a proper service invoice within Sage. This would have allowed me to add a discount in the first place. Instead I created a batch customer invoice. I've also run the VAT return for the period this relates so I cannot even delete the invoice and re-do one with the discount as this would screw the VAT records up.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
- audit for 50% associate? 77 2
- Contingent Asset Disclosure 83 5
- Write off of former director's loan 763 12
- HMRC Appeals 88 1
- RTI 321 11
- Distance between Postcodes in Excel 523 10
- Am i Liable? 681 18
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 388 8
- Missed Student Loan Contributions 202 6
- What is wrong with HMRC? 195 2
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 3,121 61
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 2,485 33
- Incorrect Generic non-filing notice 218 8
- Employer pension contribution as part of redundancy package 76 2
- Compensation payment and child benefit 89 2
- What leverage do I have with accountants if any? 252 2
- Accommodation allowance - emergency workers 88 1
- HMRC - Generic Notification Notice 111 1
- RTI Easement Until 2016 135 2
- Altered PAYE cheque 398 8
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,273
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 624
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 414
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 323
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 237
- Alphabet shares 208
- Agent fees to sell business 201
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 198
- Office recharges 159
- Tax position on lease extension 152