The situation is this:
Client charges Management Company £75,000 + VAT for appearance fee.
Management company pay £89,825.02 in total as they deducted £174.98 for clothing costs that they had purchased on behalf of the client.
My invoice is of course £75,000 + VAT but now I have £174.98 outstanding on the management company's customer account.
What's the correct way of getting rid of this amount? I do not want to put it through the bank as no physical money was transferred between the parties bank accounts. I also do not want to do a credit note as there is nothing to credit against the clothes account and I also do not want to change the invoice.
Unfortunately, I did not create a proper service invoice within Sage. This would have allowed me to add a discount in the first place. Instead I created a batch customer invoice. I've also run the VAT return for the period this relates so I cannot even delete the invoice and re-do one with the discount as this would screw the VAT records up.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
- Company limited by guarantee having only 1 member 110 3
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 468 5
- flat rate scheme 137 3
- capital allowances - Demolition of a building 162 2
- Limited by Guarantee - Members 77 1
- VAT refund 312 3
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,283 37
- Turnover on a tax return 546 12
- incorrect old p60 563 15
- Company to buy shareholder land 119 4
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 182 1
- Posting Corp Tax to Sage Line 50 151 1
- Special dividends & CGT 203 1
- Director's Earnings when Drawing from Goodwill profit from Sole Trading Company sale to Ltd Company 192 1
- Networking 365 5
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 278 2
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 305 4
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 337 5
- Professional coaching claimable? 297 2
- IT Contractor 286 1