The situation is this:
Client charges Management Company £75,000 + VAT for appearance fee.
Management company pay £89,825.02 in total as they deducted £174.98 for clothing costs that they had purchased on behalf of the client.
My invoice is of course £75,000 + VAT but now I have £174.98 outstanding on the management company's customer account.
What's the correct way of getting rid of this amount? I do not want to put it through the bank as no physical money was transferred between the parties bank accounts. I also do not want to do a credit note as there is nothing to credit against the clothes account and I also do not want to change the invoice.
Unfortunately, I did not create a proper service invoice within Sage. This would have allowed me to add a discount in the first place. Instead I created a batch customer invoice. I've also run the VAT return for the period this relates so I cannot even delete the invoice and re-do one with the discount as this would screw the VAT records up.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
- Wear & Tear Allowances 300 7
- Letter from HMRC telling me client passed away 1,394 19
- That old chestnut 334 7
- Supply to Irish State Body 215 2
- Free Agent - Payments on Account 326 6
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 272 3
- Non controlling shares - how to set up 246 9
- Donaldson v HMRC - result?? 211 3
- Investment property where tenant lives rent free 200 4
- Loss on cessation of sole trade 109 1
- Helping clients with bookkeeping but not a bookkeeper 722 18
- MAAT vs ACCA 1,954 35
- IR35 - relationship of WIP 660 6
- How to tell HMRC Limited Co. is active 209 3
- Tax relief for Director incurring business expenses on his credit card 201 2
- Repair or improvement? 428 7
- National Insurance. 150 1
- Trust tax return 171 1
- VAT on land sale 163 6
- Property Development 321 7
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 406
- CTA study material 359
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 268
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 250
- new capital structure ltd with investors 201
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 199
- Pre incorp expenses 197
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 180
- Slight twist on employment related securities 169
- Accommodation provided to employees for short term contract away from home 152