The situation is this:
Client charges Management Company £75,000 + VAT for appearance fee.
Management company pay £89,825.02 in total as they deducted £174.98 for clothing costs that they had purchased on behalf of the client.
My invoice is of course £75,000 + VAT but now I have £174.98 outstanding on the management company's customer account.
What's the correct way of getting rid of this amount? I do not want to put it through the bank as no physical money was transferred between the parties bank accounts. I also do not want to do a credit note as there is nothing to credit against the clothes account and I also do not want to change the invoice.
Unfortunately, I did not create a proper service invoice within Sage. This would have allowed me to add a discount in the first place. Instead I created a batch customer invoice. I've also run the VAT return for the period this relates so I cannot even delete the invoice and re-do one with the discount as this would screw the VAT records up.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
- Transfer of a trade WITHOUT assets? 57 1
- Amend a 2010/11 return 55 1
- Advanced SMP, but employee returns to work early 142 1
- How to deal with prior year error 116 2
- Repaying Directors Loans within 9 months 505 19
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,321 33
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,059 19
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,034 20
- Tax Calculations 652 10
- Tax Fines - HMRC 380 4
- VAT - Check on clients business 579 24
- Exemption from CGT 206 2
- VAT Registration 214 3
- Digita Users - Can you please confirm? 461 14
- Autumn statement predictions 407 8
- ACCA Practising Certificate Holder 301 4
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 174 3
- Moneysoft error 425 7
- Repaying Directors loan by transferring an asset 646 26
- New client wants to submit tax returns from 06/07 to date, how many years can actually be submitted? 462 3