The situation is this:
Client charges Management Company £75,000 + VAT for appearance fee.
Management company pay £89,825.02 in total as they deducted £174.98 for clothing costs that they had purchased on behalf of the client.
My invoice is of course £75,000 + VAT but now I have £174.98 outstanding on the management company's customer account.
What's the correct way of getting rid of this amount? I do not want to put it through the bank as no physical money was transferred between the parties bank accounts. I also do not want to do a credit note as there is nothing to credit against the clothes account and I also do not want to change the invoice.
Unfortunately, I did not create a proper service invoice within Sage. This would have allowed me to add a discount in the first place. Instead I created a batch customer invoice. I've also run the VAT return for the period this relates so I cannot even delete the invoice and re-do one with the discount as this would screw the VAT records up.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
- How can I deal with an unethical accountant? 150 5
- Vat registration exception 191 3
- CIS software 61 2
- Homing sandwiches 445 11
- CT600 113 3
- Director appointment not valid - any observations? 171 7
- Settlement discount 130 4
- signature required 504 21
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 511 9
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 180 5
- A number of Clearbooks VAT return issues! 167 2
- VAT on hotel payments received in advance 122 2
- Pratice Management Software 127 1
- Norwegian p45, which UK Tax return does it go into 207 10
- Left UK in 2006 but did not declare rental income since 2009 133 1
- VAT rate charged by surveyor 187 2
- Related Party Transactions 123 2
- UK resident receiving USA pension 114 1
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 469 9
- Sage payroll alternatives 768 13
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,242
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 812
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 521
- Digita Hosted Software 337
- Credit where credit's due....... 312
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 237
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 194
- TheTax Donut 180
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 159
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 159