The situation is this:
Client charges Management Company £75,000 + VAT for appearance fee.
Management company pay £89,825.02 in total as they deducted £174.98 for clothing costs that they had purchased on behalf of the client.
My invoice is of course £75,000 + VAT but now I have £174.98 outstanding on the management company's customer account.
What's the correct way of getting rid of this amount? I do not want to put it through the bank as no physical money was transferred between the parties bank accounts. I also do not want to do a credit note as there is nothing to credit against the clothes account and I also do not want to change the invoice.
Unfortunately, I did not create a proper service invoice within Sage. This would have allowed me to add a discount in the first place. Instead I created a batch customer invoice. I've also run the VAT return for the period this relates so I cannot even delete the invoice and re-do one with the discount as this would screw the VAT records up.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
- Wrong career 418 18
- Would this save hours of your time? 355 8
- Laptop purchase 1,348 20
- PTP software disaster 214 2
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 151 4
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 196 2
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 86 2
- Director's tax return 189 3
- Tricky VAT question 126 1
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 96 2
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 224 6
- VT accounts licence key 230 5
- Weely paid employees 208 2
- Splitting the tax year 77 1
- FPS Submission 129 2
- Value pricing 635 20
- non resident receiving UK dividends 200 3
- P11d & Medical Ins 125 1
- vat return 219 1
- Underpaid National Insurance 172 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 788
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 542
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 408
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 289
- Free Tax Legislation? 249
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 233
- Director Loan account operation 231
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 227
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 223
- Paye procedures for CVA 157