Labelling dividends/salary on bank transactions?
My client has historically not labelled the transactions between himself and the company bank account (he has a Ltd company and he is the only employee/shareholder), taking money 'willy nilly'.
At the end of the year he takes the basis salary to keep below the thresholds and deems the rest to be dividend or allocates against the directors current account, as he has invested a bit of money in the company.
I have a feeling that the revenue may frown upon such flexibility and think I have read or heard somewhere that the dividends and salary should be clearly labelled. My concern is that the revenue could deem all withdrawals as salary???
I know there also arises the issue of dividend vouchers in this situation.
Can someone please put me out of my misery?
Thanks in advance
- valuation of vehicles 423 18
- Voluntary Disclosure 241 3
- Ethical Issues / Conflict of Interest 303 3
- Mortgage Interest - Tax Deductible 410 4
- BTC is slow 265 3
- Director registration for SA question 471 17
- How to revise RTI for Moneysoft 206 3
- Issues with freelancer taking zero salary from limited company 365 6
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 504 22
- Business only use of company car 701 26
- Dormant company late with their CH submission 511 14
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 327 4
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 972 29
- New Company reviews please 561 13
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 323 4
- VAT with Russia 245 2
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 235 4
- Money Laundering Manual 307 11
- cgt quoted shares losses 254 2
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,130 29
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 306
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 248
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 245
- Any thoughts on Capium? 238
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 221
- auto enrolment 193
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 178
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 159
- How to account for investment in JV? 158
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 149