Labelling dividends/salary on bank transactions?
My client has historically not labelled the transactions between himself and the company bank account (he has a Ltd company and he is the only employee/shareholder), taking money 'willy nilly'.
At the end of the year he takes the basis salary to keep below the thresholds and deems the rest to be dividend or allocates against the directors current account, as he has invested a bit of money in the company.
I have a feeling that the revenue may frown upon such flexibility and think I have read or heard somewhere that the dividends and salary should be clearly labelled. My concern is that the revenue could deem all withdrawals as salary???
I know there also arises the issue of dividend vouchers in this situation.
Can someone please put me out of my misery?
Thanks in advance
- Introduction of assets to Limited Company (Comic Books) 167 8
- Buying a company for £20,000 from owner how it works? 429 6
- Practicing without a Practicing Certificate 845 12
- BTL property and holdover or other relief 91 3
- Client right to working papers 1,521 11
- vat gross margins 180 2
- Employer PAYE Refund 162 4
- e mail 106 1
- Auto enrolment 573 9
- HMRC Debt collectors 1,347 6
- VAT on new build property 143 2
- Auto enrolment 293 9
- SAGE 50 2011 131 1
- Seeking advice: Do you pay tax on donations if you are not a registered charity? 183 3
- Are there any auto-enrolment engagement letter templates? 1,625 36
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 1,860 22
- Loss on sale of goodwill 192 2
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 894 18
- 1st year reporting under FRS 102 - Property revaluation 257 5
- IFA giving dodgy advice? 399 9
- NHS finance professionals 667
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 410
- Foreign Pension Contribution 375
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 363
- vat gross profit percentage margins 356
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 348
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 309
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 273
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 234
- IFA income recognition & reporting 211