Labelling dividends/salary on bank transactions?
My client has historically not labelled the transactions between himself and the company bank account (he has a Ltd company and he is the only employee/shareholder), taking money 'willy nilly'.
At the end of the year he takes the basis salary to keep below the thresholds and deems the rest to be dividend or allocates against the directors current account, as he has invested a bit of money in the company.
I have a feeling that the revenue may frown upon such flexibility and think I have read or heard somewhere that the dividends and salary should be clearly labelled. My concern is that the revenue could deem all withdrawals as salary???
I know there also arises the issue of dividend vouchers in this situation.
Can someone please put me out of my misery?
Thanks in advance
- The stupidity continues 143 3
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 45 3
- Pension contributions 333 10
- Do you use sign up lists on your website 130 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 440 9
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 441 10
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 245 6
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 239 8
- Free project management software with Gantt charts, preferably on-line 191 1
- Share transfer question 316 16
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 545 10
- New Employers Helpline 146 3
- Overlap relief 732 19
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,320 17
- Budget 2015 - take two 204 3
- CIS Contractor has not issued tax deduction certificate to client 197 4
- VAT Query 201 2
- Sacked my first client 687 14
- Accounts note disclosure - Directors 269 4
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,276 24
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 430
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 423
- WIP Software 288
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 284
- No payroll scheme in place 220
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 219
- Software recommendations 205
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 199
- Is there anything wrong with this? 191
- Small Part Disposal of Property 172