Labelling dividends/salary on bank transactions?
My client has historically not labelled the transactions between himself and the company bank account (he has a Ltd company and he is the only employee/shareholder), taking money 'willy nilly'.
At the end of the year he takes the basis salary to keep below the thresholds and deems the rest to be dividend or allocates against the directors current account, as he has invested a bit of money in the company.
I have a feeling that the revenue may frown upon such flexibility and think I have read or heard somewhere that the dividends and salary should be clearly labelled. My concern is that the revenue could deem all withdrawals as salary???
I know there also arises the issue of dividend vouchers in this situation.
Can someone please put me out of my misery?
Thanks in advance
- Part-time work - advice please? 51 2
- Charity reserves 140 4
- Are HMRC getting it right? 199 5
- Aggressive HMRC 1,625 18
- Starting an accountancy practice for bachelors? 245 5
- Recommendation for a good website on exchange rate forecast 159 12
- Trading Structure / Illegal Trading 142 2
- Dazed & confused 265 3
- Tax efficient holding company structure 300 1
- Property scam victim 119 1
- Where can I get Quickbooks help 142 5
- Law Shipping/Odeon related question 78 1
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,677 68
- Loss on disposal and impairment 72 1
- Comments on this scenario 162 3
- PPR election - what do you think? 241 7
- Penalties 126 1
- SAGE con 245 4
- rates of pay query 235 3
- Dormant company owns shares in another company 106 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,029
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 559
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 369
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 278
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 215
- Charge out rates in London? 215
- Personal consumption by landlord 184
- Interest on Loan to a Company 175
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 151
- Agent fees to sell business 147