Labelling dividends/salary on bank transactions?
My client has historically not labelled the transactions between himself and the company bank account (he has a Ltd company and he is the only employee/shareholder), taking money 'willy nilly'.
At the end of the year he takes the basis salary to keep below the thresholds and deems the rest to be dividend or allocates against the directors current account, as he has invested a bit of money in the company.
I have a feeling that the revenue may frown upon such flexibility and think I have read or heard somewhere that the dividends and salary should be clearly labelled. My concern is that the revenue could deem all withdrawals as salary???
I know there also arises the issue of dividend vouchers in this situation.
Can someone please put me out of my misery?
Thanks in advance
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 475 18
- Double tax treaty Italy and UK 96 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 1,103 7
- Bereavment payment 84 1
- Can anyone advise on the best VAT Scheme to change to? 272 4
- Apologies for reposting this but first post was on Friday afternoon! 343 2
- CT600 Computations - Company Tax Return help 1,294 14
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 146 2
- Companies House incorporation service 348 12
- Factors affecting tax charge FRS 19 (marginal rate) 75 1
- P35 and Service Company questions 149 3
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 193 6
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 203 1
- Long period of account for Corporation Tax 265 7
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 143 3
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 152 3
- VAT, vans, sole traders and business use. 1,598 12
- Share Capital 131 2
- Trading income or not? 197 1
- Charge HMRC 424 3
- Xtuple 549
- Qtac payroll for bureau 376
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 317
- Industrial & Provident Societies 314
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 291
- CIS schemes 223
- Domain name sale and limited company 205
- Investment 186
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 184
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 178