Labelling dividends/salary on bank transactions?
My client has historically not labelled the transactions between himself and the company bank account (he has a Ltd company and he is the only employee/shareholder), taking money 'willy nilly'.
At the end of the year he takes the basis salary to keep below the thresholds and deems the rest to be dividend or allocates against the directors current account, as he has invested a bit of money in the company.
I have a feeling that the revenue may frown upon such flexibility and think I have read or heard somewhere that the dividends and salary should be clearly labelled. My concern is that the revenue could deem all withdrawals as salary???
I know there also arises the issue of dividend vouchers in this situation.
Can someone please put me out of my misery?
Thanks in advance
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 251 7
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 764 17
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,570 42
- CIC Company 396 2
- What are options for non CA firm 2,659 57
- Is this a scam? 765 8
- Companies Made Simple Dashboard? 127 1
- Employment allowance (again) :( 337 2
- Mortgage to buy property in limited company 244 5
- New company - form a group? 164 2
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 184 4
- PITA client 233 3
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 375 9
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,321 33
- Dividend dates 492 8
- R&D tax credit claim 225 5
- CIS Deductions 273 3
- Estate agent and VAT registration 123 1
- is this fraud? 793 13
- Married woman dies owning marital home 499 5
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 598
- Cancelled 347
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 332
- Cancelled 284
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 255
- Probiz 242
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 189
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 177
- Car leasing scheme 176
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 157