Labelling dividends/salary on bank transactions?
My client has historically not labelled the transactions between himself and the company bank account (he has a Ltd company and he is the only employee/shareholder), taking money 'willy nilly'.
At the end of the year he takes the basis salary to keep below the thresholds and deems the rest to be dividend or allocates against the directors current account, as he has invested a bit of money in the company.
I have a feeling that the revenue may frown upon such flexibility and think I have read or heard somewhere that the dividends and salary should be clearly labelled. My concern is that the revenue could deem all withdrawals as salary???
I know there also arises the issue of dividend vouchers in this situation.
Can someone please put me out of my misery?
Thanks in advance
- Auto Enrolment & Moneysoft 539 4
- Wrong career 111 5
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,861 28
- Adjusting over-provision of Corporation Tax in previous year 185 5
- Newsletter 240 5
- RTI Filing 1,759 22
- Would this save hours of your time? 103 1
- Fee's for P11D's 307 5
- Agent with HMRC 242 10
- Quarterly PAYE 244 7
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 56 1
- reporting salary? 178 3
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 329 16
- CGT on Inherited Property 274 2
- Employment Allowance related companies 107 3
- Value pricing 592 19
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 392 1
- Childcare Vouchers 177 3
- Audit Report Query 191 5
- Coming in from the cold 236 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 772
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 527
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 394
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 279
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 220
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 218
- Director Loan account operation 210
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 206
- Free Tax Legislation? 193
- vat return 175