Labelling dividends/salary on bank transactions?
My client has historically not labelled the transactions between himself and the company bank account (he has a Ltd company and he is the only employee/shareholder), taking money 'willy nilly'.
At the end of the year he takes the basis salary to keep below the thresholds and deems the rest to be dividend or allocates against the directors current account, as he has invested a bit of money in the company.
I have a feeling that the revenue may frown upon such flexibility and think I have read or heard somewhere that the dividends and salary should be clearly labelled. My concern is that the revenue could deem all withdrawals as salary???
I know there also arises the issue of dividend vouchers in this situation.
Can someone please put me out of my misery?
Thanks in advance
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 186 13
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 136 2
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 124 2
- You know its over 247 3
- What is the amount of dividends received as a shareholder that requires registration for self assessment? 171 3
- Cocaine anyone? 465 8
- Late Registration for VAT 473 13
- EIS/SEIS 132 1
- Amortisation of Goodwill 261 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 401 5
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 401 12
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 676 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 537 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 566 4
- Personal pension 394 9
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 216 1
- How much of your work is admin? 1,204 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 904 27
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 144 3
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,516 22
- Hive up 484
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 449
- corporate hierarchy 430
- Advice - 267
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 220
- WWOOFers 214
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 202
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 191
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 171
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 170