Late Company Accounts
I wonder if someone can help.
An old client has come back to me recently in relation to his company accounts. The last year that we completed was November 2008. He thought the grass was greener elsewhere and moved to a different practice for the November 2009 accounts but for one reason or another it hasnt worked out.
So, he wants to come back to us. In addition when I requested the November 2009 accounts from the previous accountants they were utter rubbish. They declared a bank balance of £80k when in fact the business was overdrawn and are unable to provide a P&L of any description - its rubbish!
Notwithstanding the argument of whether my client can make a complaint about his old accountants I am trying now to sort the mess out.
Is it possible for us to go back and resubmit the November 2009 accounts and move things forward or are we out of time in relation to this?
Any advice would be grateful?
- Payment on account penalties 38 3
- Tax on free shares 88 5
- Flat Rate Vat 14.5% and 5% reduced rate VAT 168 3
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 157 8
- Capital allowances on sale and puchase of business assets 102 1
- Audit 444 14
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 373 8
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 101 3
- Buying a horse?? 381 12
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 178 2
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 730 21
- PITA ex-client 201 9
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 237 6
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 345 9
- Can I contribute to SIPP if I pay no salary/dividend from ltd company 319 5
- How to complain about HMRC 1,662 19
- New supplier 140 3
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 824 22
- Capital allowances on a 3G Pitch 249 13
- Scottish Independance 881 24
- CTA study material 798
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 490
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 451
- Employment related securities question 317
- AIM Stocks and IHT 303
- Expat pension contributions? 276
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 273
- Trust for Employee 252
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 218
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 157