Late Company Accounts
I wonder if someone can help.
An old client has come back to me recently in relation to his company accounts. The last year that we completed was November 2008. He thought the grass was greener elsewhere and moved to a different practice for the November 2009 accounts but for one reason or another it hasnt worked out.
So, he wants to come back to us. In addition when I requested the November 2009 accounts from the previous accountants they were utter rubbish. They declared a bank balance of £80k when in fact the business was overdrawn and are unable to provide a P&L of any description - its rubbish!
Notwithstanding the argument of whether my client can make a complaint about his old accountants I am trying now to sort the mess out.
Is it possible for us to go back and resubmit the November 2009 accounts and move things forward or are we out of time in relation to this?
Any advice would be grateful?
- Do I walk away from these accounts? 797 16
- Cloud accounting package 118 1
- Incorporation after the start of trading 993 39
- Setting up offshore to avoid paying VAT 484 15
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 255 6
- Offshore company (Guernsey / Isle of Man) 152 3
- PAYE – Directors NI 238 6
- Next Move 332 12
- Ltd Co and 'grant' income 394 7
- when to file SA return if closed SA in the middle of the year 183 4
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 232 3
- Large PAYE tax refund to Employee 336 3
- Personal Tax Accounts. Are we all doomed. 700 10
- Accounts treatment of assets at cessation date 280 10
- Seeking advice: Vehicle usage 163 3
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,236 34
- Casual Driver 254 4
- Self Assessment Software 632 20
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 345 7
- How does HMRC give tax relief to Muslims for borrowing costs? 1,264 10
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 630
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 394
- VAT on Export Outside EU and Conditional Sale 394
- Property letting & CAs 376
- 2015 tax year end 372
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 372
- FCA regulated company in a small group 335
- What's happened to Smith's Taxation 231
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 224
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 219