Late Company Accounts
I wonder if someone can help.
An old client has come back to me recently in relation to his company accounts. The last year that we completed was November 2008. He thought the grass was greener elsewhere and moved to a different practice for the November 2009 accounts but for one reason or another it hasnt worked out.
So, he wants to come back to us. In addition when I requested the November 2009 accounts from the previous accountants they were utter rubbish. They declared a bank balance of £80k when in fact the business was overdrawn and are unable to provide a P&L of any description - its rubbish!
Notwithstanding the argument of whether my client can make a complaint about his old accountants I am trying now to sort the mess out.
Is it possible for us to go back and resubmit the November 2009 accounts and move things forward or are we out of time in relation to this?
Any advice would be grateful?
- Wrong tax code 105 5
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,024 31
- Am I getting Soft?? 174 9
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 617 11
- Deferred Tax 447 8
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 198 1
- You know its over 460 6
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 237 1
- Benefit in Kind 207 5
- Foreign pension tax credit relief 132 1
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 215 3
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,259 14
- Cocaine anyone? 593 10
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 131 2
- Dutch and Germany VAT 177 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 298 2
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 485 15
- LTD home office - would HMRC seek to disallow 1,300 8
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 534 9
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 267 13
- Hive up 504
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 472
- corporate hierarchy 448
- Advice - 286
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 232
- WWOOFers 227
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 214
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 191
- The booking.com con 165
- UK State pension paid in NZ 160