Late Company Accounts
I wonder if someone can help.
An old client has come back to me recently in relation to his company accounts. The last year that we completed was November 2008. He thought the grass was greener elsewhere and moved to a different practice for the November 2009 accounts but for one reason or another it hasnt worked out.
So, he wants to come back to us. In addition when I requested the November 2009 accounts from the previous accountants they were utter rubbish. They declared a bank balance of £80k when in fact the business was overdrawn and are unable to provide a P&L of any description - its rubbish!
Notwithstanding the argument of whether my client can make a complaint about his old accountants I am trying now to sort the mess out.
Is it possible for us to go back and resubmit the November 2009 accounts and move things forward or are we out of time in relation to this?
Any advice would be grateful?
- Losses carry forward to self employed 111 2
- Fees 365 4
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,844 43
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 456 16
- Time to ditch Sage? 325 5
- Agent Authorisation Issue 263 3
- HMRC Post 547 7
- Transactions with directors 461 3
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 300 9
- Non VAT invoices 226 4
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 225 2
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,408 32
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 269 5
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 238 2
- Form 17 Download 172 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 578 28
- Small hotel - food for personal use 395 4
- HMRC Information notice 1,001 24
- Recommendations for online payroll software 293 3
- Accountant Specialization. 409 5
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 765
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 416
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 368
- Electric Car 302
- S222 Charge 246
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 212
- IP trans to holding company 196
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 187
- AIA 182
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 180