Late P35 form
I filled in P14 and thought I had successfully filled in P35 form on line, on time.
On th 3.05.2011 I logged onto HMRC web site and had no doubt that I had completed the forms P14 and P35.
First notification of the 'failure' was received on 20.02.2012 over 9 months after the deadline of 18th May 2011.
The fine that has been levied is £800.00.
On 20.02.2012 I entered the HMRC site to find that the P14 had been recorded as being successful but no record of P 35 had been logged on the HMRC site. I completed the P35 which now shows a completion date 20.02.2012
When I first went on line on 3.05.2011, I printed out the P35 summary page which shows a date prior to the deadline.
I have submitted an appeal which has been rejected. In the Justification by the inspector he notes 'In your letter you state the end of the year 2010-11 return P35 was submitted before the deadline, however online services records show that you had logged on 5th May 2012 but did not submit your return, no successful submissions were made until 20th February 2012.......' The date as underlined above has not happened yet and is an error made by the Inspector. The date in the letter he refers to is in fact 3.05.2011.
All tax and NI due, had been paid in full and on time. No additional tax or NI is due to HMRC
I think this is a rip-off by HMRC and is far worse than wheel clamping
I have been given a choice as follows
- To have an independent review of the inspectors decision or
- To submit my appeal to the Tribunal Service
Can anyone help me
All tax and NI due, had been paid in full and on time. No addittional tax or NI is due to HMRC
- Who owns the data 174 3
- Clarification over - VAT Box 8 - Flat rate scheme 127 5
- Sole Trader Fees 88 1
- Agricultural Land Hold Over and Roll Over 63 1
- Director hired as an individual 18 1
- VAT charge needed on van sale? 53 1
- Loan interest rental property 179 5
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 105 4
- Theatre as charitable company 29 1
- Real names 447 17
- Taxfiler - is it really good? 126 5
- Peer to Peer lending 110 5
- What's the plural? 656 14
- Garage Conversion -Ltd Company Office 91 1
- Well well well 235 2
- Capital Gains Tax 101 3
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 150 1
- Dividend payment date 1,846 32
- Use of aliases 700 19
- Any Benefit in Kind when obliged to attend a dinner? 151 1
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 568
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 429
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 331
- IFA incorporation 306
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 296
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 284
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 248
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 234
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 226
- Sorry ignore me 217