Late P35 form
I filled in P14 and thought I had successfully filled in P35 form on line, on time.
On th 3.05.2011 I logged onto HMRC web site and had no doubt that I had completed the forms P14 and P35.
First notification of the 'failure' was received on 20.02.2012 over 9 months after the deadline of 18th May 2011.
The fine that has been levied is £800.00.
On 20.02.2012 I entered the HMRC site to find that the P14 had been recorded as being successful but no record of P 35 had been logged on the HMRC site. I completed the P35 which now shows a completion date 20.02.2012
When I first went on line on 3.05.2011, I printed out the P35 summary page which shows a date prior to the deadline.
I have submitted an appeal which has been rejected. In the Justification by the inspector he notes 'In your letter you state the end of the year 2010-11 return P35 was submitted before the deadline, however online services records show that you had logged on 5th May 2012 but did not submit your return, no successful submissions were made until 20th February 2012.......' The date as underlined above has not happened yet and is an error made by the Inspector. The date in the letter he refers to is in fact 3.05.2011.
All tax and NI due, had been paid in full and on time. No additional tax or NI is due to HMRC
I think this is a rip-off by HMRC and is far worse than wheel clamping
I have been given a choice as follows
- To have an independent review of the inspectors decision or
- To submit my appeal to the Tribunal Service
Can anyone help me
All tax and NI due, had been paid in full and on time. No addittional tax or NI is due to HMRC
- What sectors to target? 461 24
- Pension contribution 29 1
- Self assesment online 715 8
- Refusing to complete a tax return 644 13
- Journals to Creditors Control 182 6
- Repayment of maternity pay 160 3
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 194 8
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 208 7
- waive right to dividend payment 104 3
- eBay trading 77 1
- Treatment of Asset Disposal for Tax Purposes 141 5
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 984 43
- Dissolved company with o/s corporation tax 299 7
- Has anyone experience of BPRA? 199 4
- AIA and WDA 131 5
- Companies House late filing penalties 3,229 106
- Is sideways loss relief per trade or all trades aggregated 77 1
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 1,420 40
- 31 Jan Procrastination Question: Computer Monitors 491 16
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 185 9
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 914
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 633
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 589
- Latest phishing scam 561
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 390
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 293
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 217
- Scratch Head 214
- Capital allowances in first basis period 201
- Sabbatical payments 187