Late P35 form
I filled in P14 and thought I had successfully filled in P35 form on line, on time.
On th 3.05.2011 I logged onto HMRC web site and had no doubt that I had completed the forms P14 and P35.
First notification of the 'failure' was received on 20.02.2012 over 9 months after the deadline of 18th May 2011.
The fine that has been levied is £800.00.
On 20.02.2012 I entered the HMRC site to find that the P14 had been recorded as being successful but no record of P 35 had been logged on the HMRC site. I completed the P35 which now shows a completion date 20.02.2012
When I first went on line on 3.05.2011, I printed out the P35 summary page which shows a date prior to the deadline.
I have submitted an appeal which has been rejected. In the Justification by the inspector he notes 'In your letter you state the end of the year 2010-11 return P35 was submitted before the deadline, however online services records show that you had logged on 5th May 2012 but did not submit your return, no successful submissions were made until 20th February 2012.......' The date as underlined above has not happened yet and is an error made by the Inspector. The date in the letter he refers to is in fact 3.05.2011.
All tax and NI due, had been paid in full and on time. No additional tax or NI is due to HMRC
I think this is a rip-off by HMRC and is far worse than wheel clamping
I have been given a choice as follows
- To have an independent review of the inspectors decision or
- To submit my appeal to the Tribunal Service
Can anyone help me
All tax and NI due, had been paid in full and on time. No addittional tax or NI is due to HMRC
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 61 2
- What would be a tax efficient way of selling the main business asset but keeping some to continue with business? 311 15
- Appealing agianst HMRC penalties for dormant company 54 1
- Capital allowances - Jersey 110 4
- HMRC & daft penalty 1,217 7
- Share transfer question 96 2
- Unpaid Share Capital and Companies House Template 110 6
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 383 7
- Basis period (2nd yr) for a partnership, please any suggestions would be really helpful 99 1
- ERS reporting - online filing 293 8
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 261 5
- Pension contributions 177 5
- Marketing and email surprises 155 2
- Bookkeeping and a/c reconciliation for a members club - advice please 204 5
- Dividend Waiver 255 5
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 262 8
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 475 4
- Document Management Systems 303 1
- Mutual gifts of properties 97 1
- Splitting PAYE tax code between two jobs both with variable hours 307 6
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 408
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 394
- Perkbox 344
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 281
- WIP Software 265
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 203
- No payroll scheme in place 193
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 184
- Benefit in Kind? 184
- Software recommendations 176