Late P35 form
I filled in P14 and thought I had successfully filled in P35 form on line, on time.
On th 3.05.2011 I logged onto HMRC web site and had no doubt that I had completed the forms P14 and P35.
First notification of the 'failure' was received on 20.02.2012 over 9 months after the deadline of 18th May 2011.
The fine that has been levied is £800.00.
On 20.02.2012 I entered the HMRC site to find that the P14 had been recorded as being successful but no record of P 35 had been logged on the HMRC site. I completed the P35 which now shows a completion date 20.02.2012
When I first went on line on 3.05.2011, I printed out the P35 summary page which shows a date prior to the deadline.
I have submitted an appeal which has been rejected. In the Justification by the inspector he notes 'In your letter you state the end of the year 2010-11 return P35 was submitted before the deadline, however online services records show that you had logged on 5th May 2012 but did not submit your return, no successful submissions were made until 20th February 2012.......' The date as underlined above has not happened yet and is an error made by the Inspector. The date in the letter he refers to is in fact 3.05.2011.
All tax and NI due, had been paid in full and on time. No additional tax or NI is due to HMRC
I think this is a rip-off by HMRC and is far worse than wheel clamping
I have been given a choice as follows
- To have an independent review of the inspectors decision or
- To submit my appeal to the Tribunal Service
Can anyone help me
All tax and NI due, had been paid in full and on time. No addittional tax or NI is due to HMRC
- Moneysoft update problem 55 1
- HMRC stupidity of the day 249 3
- Newly Started Practice 762 15
- Directors obligation to notify 207 2
- Bookkeeping software for cafe and VAT 225 4
- Clients 816 17
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 265 5
- Lets hear it for HMRC! 362 3
- Don't HMRC collect CT anymore? 310 2
- Sage Payroll 190 4
- PAYROLL - SAGE v Microsoft Payroll Manager 185 3
- Client's company struck off 942 19
- Simplified auto enrolment? 260 2
- Tax and children 217 1
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 607 8
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 408 16
- Starting new accounting business 379 6
- Leaving the flat rate scheme 173 4
- error on companies house accounts 789 18
- RTI penalties 184 1
- QROP pension input amounts 506
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 492
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 451
- EPS and CIS deductions 313
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 299
- Construction CIS LLP Company 292
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 257
- SAGE winforecast 210
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 196
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 188