Late P35 form
I filled in P14 and thought I had successfully filled in P35 form on line, on time.
On th 3.05.2011 I logged onto HMRC web site and had no doubt that I had completed the forms P14 and P35.
First notification of the 'failure' was received on 20.02.2012 over 9 months after the deadline of 18th May 2011.
The fine that has been levied is £800.00.
On 20.02.2012 I entered the HMRC site to find that the P14 had been recorded as being successful but no record of P 35 had been logged on the HMRC site. I completed the P35 which now shows a completion date 20.02.2012
When I first went on line on 3.05.2011, I printed out the P35 summary page which shows a date prior to the deadline.
I have submitted an appeal which has been rejected. In the Justification by the inspector he notes 'In your letter you state the end of the year 2010-11 return P35 was submitted before the deadline, however online services records show that you had logged on 5th May 2012 but did not submit your return, no successful submissions were made until 20th February 2012.......' The date as underlined above has not happened yet and is an error made by the Inspector. The date in the letter he refers to is in fact 3.05.2011.
All tax and NI due, had been paid in full and on time. No additional tax or NI is due to HMRC
I think this is a rip-off by HMRC and is far worse than wheel clamping
I have been given a choice as follows
- To have an independent review of the inspectors decision or
- To submit my appeal to the Tribunal Service
Can anyone help me
All tax and NI due, had been paid in full and on time. No addittional tax or NI is due to HMRC
- Retrospectively change VAT scheme? 63 1
- Goodie bag 1,484 52
- Husband Wife let property 332 9
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 486 12
- Output tax for retailer 299 8
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 249 3
- 13-14 Payroll return needs to be filed 108 2
- Payroll Software & Auto Enrolement 101 1
- CT600 Advice 72 1
- Fair Value Accounting 61 1
- Client incurring expenses on company car 103 4
- can I approach clients ? 350 8
- Companies House Penalties 83 2
- Apostille documents 94 2
- Budget 2015 predictions 526 13
- AE - employees making different contributions 68 1
- Transfer of properties to a limited company stamp duty 327 14
- Classic cars investment 553 15
- Why .... 818 9
- Awkward shareholder (sister) 524 5
- Possible Partnership? 638
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 512
- New Fangled Penalties 442
- Fuming! 371
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 315
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 253
- Outsource Data Entry 234
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 232
- Moving away from CCH software 224
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 173