Late P35 form
I filled in P14 and thought I had successfully filled in P35 form on line, on time.
On th 3.05.2011 I logged onto HMRC web site and had no doubt that I had completed the forms P14 and P35.
First notification of the 'failure' was received on 20.02.2012 over 9 months after the deadline of 18th May 2011.
The fine that has been levied is £800.00.
On 20.02.2012 I entered the HMRC site to find that the P14 had been recorded as being successful but no record of P 35 had been logged on the HMRC site. I completed the P35 which now shows a completion date 20.02.2012
When I first went on line on 3.05.2011, I printed out the P35 summary page which shows a date prior to the deadline.
I have submitted an appeal which has been rejected. In the Justification by the inspector he notes 'In your letter you state the end of the year 2010-11 return P35 was submitted before the deadline, however online services records show that you had logged on 5th May 2012 but did not submit your return, no successful submissions were made until 20th February 2012.......' The date as underlined above has not happened yet and is an error made by the Inspector. The date in the letter he refers to is in fact 3.05.2011.
All tax and NI due, had been paid in full and on time. No additional tax or NI is due to HMRC
I think this is a rip-off by HMRC and is far worse than wheel clamping
I have been given a choice as follows
- To have an independent review of the inspectors decision or
- To submit my appeal to the Tribunal Service
Can anyone help me
All tax and NI due, had been paid in full and on time. No addittional tax or NI is due to HMRC
- How much to charge for Ltd company accounts ? 555 13
- Vat threshold issues 82 2
- Growing pains 351 7
- Does Freeholder have to be director of our RTM Company? 230 14
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 56 1
- Consequential loss claim 106 3
- Residents Association Corp Tax 186 5
- ATT Annual Return Problems 114 2
- what is classed as investment under other fixed assets? 99 1
- Is a Mercedes Vito a van for tax purposes? 327 5
- private to company car? 179 4
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 947 34
- Wages paid into another persons bank account 577 10
- Buy to let allowable interest 140 2
- We accountants are not the only ones!! 222 1
- Partner with an IVA 164 5
- Your fondest calculator memories 588 26
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 415 11
- Has been asked before but help needed 307 7
- Anyone having problems with IRIS OpenSpace? 231 6
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 456
- CTA study material 415
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 301
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 282
- Pre incorp expenses 272
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 242
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 232
- Slight twist on employment related securities 207
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 180
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 176