Late P35 form
I filled in P14 and thought I had successfully filled in P35 form on line, on time.
On th 3.05.2011 I logged onto HMRC web site and had no doubt that I had completed the forms P14 and P35.
First notification of the 'failure' was received on 20.02.2012 over 9 months after the deadline of 18th May 2011.
The fine that has been levied is £800.00.
On 20.02.2012 I entered the HMRC site to find that the P14 had been recorded as being successful but no record of P 35 had been logged on the HMRC site. I completed the P35 which now shows a completion date 20.02.2012
When I first went on line on 3.05.2011, I printed out the P35 summary page which shows a date prior to the deadline.
I have submitted an appeal which has been rejected. In the Justification by the inspector he notes 'In your letter you state the end of the year 2010-11 return P35 was submitted before the deadline, however online services records show that you had logged on 5th May 2012 but did not submit your return, no successful submissions were made until 20th February 2012.......' The date as underlined above has not happened yet and is an error made by the Inspector. The date in the letter he refers to is in fact 3.05.2011.
All tax and NI due, had been paid in full and on time. No additional tax or NI is due to HMRC
I think this is a rip-off by HMRC and is far worse than wheel clamping
I have been given a choice as follows
- To have an independent review of the inspectors decision or
- To submit my appeal to the Tribunal Service
Can anyone help me
All tax and NI due, had been paid in full and on time. No addittional tax or NI is due to HMRC
- Transfering bank balnces between old and new co. 26 1
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 2,437 26
- Exclusion of single director companies from the Employment Allowance in 2016/17 473 13
- Revenue phishing examples 341 2
- Do joint employment contracts enjoy double NI allowances? 277 4
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 391 1
- Company Structure 405 11
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 202 3
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,578 33
- Limited company built a property and the client has made this messy 318 8
- Advertising Tips? 375 8
- Transferring rental property to limited company 537 15
- will this work for IHT 141 1
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 575 9
- Are there Sage Instant Accounts Plus report which give breakdowns of the debtors and creditors control account balances by invoice for each currency? 131 3
- Time recording 235 3
- HMRC Funding for Employee PAYE refund 266 4
- Land Registry 277 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 990 13
- Auto Enrolment 690 4
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 740
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 437
- Costly Accounting Software contract 374
- Directors' advances and credits 290
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 261
- DTA tie-breaker issue 255
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 236
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 213
- CGT for NOn UK residents 196
- Apprenticeship Levy 186