Late P35 form
I filled in P14 and thought I had successfully filled in P35 form on line, on time.
On th 3.05.2011 I logged onto HMRC web site and had no doubt that I had completed the forms P14 and P35.
First notification of the 'failure' was received on 20.02.2012 over 9 months after the deadline of 18th May 2011.
The fine that has been levied is £800.00.
On 20.02.2012 I entered the HMRC site to find that the P14 had been recorded as being successful but no record of P 35 had been logged on the HMRC site. I completed the P35 which now shows a completion date 20.02.2012
When I first went on line on 3.05.2011, I printed out the P35 summary page which shows a date prior to the deadline.
I have submitted an appeal which has been rejected. In the Justification by the inspector he notes 'In your letter you state the end of the year 2010-11 return P35 was submitted before the deadline, however online services records show that you had logged on 5th May 2012 but did not submit your return, no successful submissions were made until 20th February 2012.......' The date as underlined above has not happened yet and is an error made by the Inspector. The date in the letter he refers to is in fact 3.05.2011.
All tax and NI due, had been paid in full and on time. No additional tax or NI is due to HMRC
I think this is a rip-off by HMRC and is far worse than wheel clamping
I have been given a choice as follows
- To have an independent review of the inspectors decision or
- To submit my appeal to the Tribunal Service
Can anyone help me
All tax and NI due, had been paid in full and on time. No addittional tax or NI is due to HMRC
- help needed with rti paye please 92 3
- Cash injection by shareholder 817 9
- Director selling assets to the company that were given to her 386 11
- Any Scottish members out there? 13,575 503
- Can't read my handwriting 783 19
- Undeclared rental income 378 7
- Home Use Costs in Company Accounts ? 309 7
- Sick pay 229 6
- Directors self assessment 134 2
- Employer's Helpline 210 1
- Employment Allowance Incorrectly Claimed for Domestic Payroll 102 2
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 187 1
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,752 70
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 1,087 8
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 954 27
- Penalties for an amended p35 (2012/13) 133 2
- 2 sole traders merging to become a limited company what do they need? 311 10
- Unfurnished Lettings Expenditure 251 6
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 446 20
- cross border vat 153 3
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,410
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 539
- National Insurance 438
- Non Resident 328
- Hands on experience of Digita 258
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 246
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 164
- Umbrella pay services 143
- VAT on ESS via Apple, Google, Nokia - 122
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 121