Late P35 form
I filled in P14 and thought I had successfully filled in P35 form on line, on time.
On th 3.05.2011 I logged onto HMRC web site and had no doubt that I had completed the forms P14 and P35.
First notification of the 'failure' was received on 20.02.2012 over 9 months after the deadline of 18th May 2011.
The fine that has been levied is £800.00.
On 20.02.2012 I entered the HMRC site to find that the P14 had been recorded as being successful but no record of P 35 had been logged on the HMRC site. I completed the P35 which now shows a completion date 20.02.2012
When I first went on line on 3.05.2011, I printed out the P35 summary page which shows a date prior to the deadline.
I have submitted an appeal which has been rejected. In the Justification by the inspector he notes 'In your letter you state the end of the year 2010-11 return P35 was submitted before the deadline, however online services records show that you had logged on 5th May 2012 but did not submit your return, no successful submissions were made until 20th February 2012.......' The date as underlined above has not happened yet and is an error made by the Inspector. The date in the letter he refers to is in fact 3.05.2011.
All tax and NI due, had been paid in full and on time. No additional tax or NI is due to HMRC
I think this is a rip-off by HMRC and is far worse than wheel clamping
I have been given a choice as follows
- To have an independent review of the inspectors decision or
- To submit my appeal to the Tribunal Service
Can anyone help me
All tax and NI due, had been paid in full and on time. No addittional tax or NI is due to HMRC
- Help 162 10
- Dividends from UK plc - tax years and dates 90 2
- What do people do with signed accounts/engagement letters/tax returns? 218 9
- Where has Portia gone? 5,048 109
- Overlap profit 294 7
- Moneysoft or Sage payroll with auto enrolment? 319 6
- RTI Payroll ID 2,064 25
- What is the correct Vat treatment and rate to use to record a business stay in a hotel in the EU? 132 1
- Payments on account 186 2
- Recurring Revenue/Costs occurred before registering, how do I handle this? 83 1
- What do your junior staff do? 524 7
- OMG HMRC !!!! Employ some ppl!! 654 12
- Keeping disastrous accounts 415 5
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 537 10
- VAT Exemptions for Dance Education 132 1
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,942 74
- In pratice using part time accountants 354 3
- On the high seas 115 1
- Entrepreneurs Relief Shares Received as Part of Divorce Settlement 149 2
- Spousal transfer and PPR 859 34
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 853
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 445
- Sanzar 342
- How do you do it 337
- Digital marketing focus group 313
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 296
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 210
- Fit for purpose 203
- new investor structure 200
- VAT Registration 181