Late P35 form
I filled in P14 and thought I had successfully filled in P35 form on line, on time.
On th 3.05.2011 I logged onto HMRC web site and had no doubt that I had completed the forms P14 and P35.
First notification of the 'failure' was received on 20.02.2012 over 9 months after the deadline of 18th May 2011.
The fine that has been levied is £800.00.
On 20.02.2012 I entered the HMRC site to find that the P14 had been recorded as being successful but no record of P 35 had been logged on the HMRC site. I completed the P35 which now shows a completion date 20.02.2012
When I first went on line on 3.05.2011, I printed out the P35 summary page which shows a date prior to the deadline.
I have submitted an appeal which has been rejected. In the Justification by the inspector he notes 'In your letter you state the end of the year 2010-11 return P35 was submitted before the deadline, however online services records show that you had logged on 5th May 2012 but did not submit your return, no successful submissions were made until 20th February 2012.......' The date as underlined above has not happened yet and is an error made by the Inspector. The date in the letter he refers to is in fact 3.05.2011.
All tax and NI due, had been paid in full and on time. No additional tax or NI is due to HMRC
I think this is a rip-off by HMRC and is far worse than wheel clamping
I have been given a choice as follows
- To have an independent review of the inspectors decision or
- To submit my appeal to the Tribunal Service
Can anyone help me
All tax and NI due, had been paid in full and on time. No addittional tax or NI is due to HMRC
- Capital allowances or revenue is capital? 85 1
- any implications of this type of transaction 51 1
- How much did you pay for your website 1,686 28
- Sage 50 cost centre limitations 97 3
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 287 11
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 1,031 13
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 262 7
- Sage data 105 1
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 422 9
- Limited company buying a car 362 6
- Funding Circle experience 156 3
- Excel query 121 2
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,297 13
- Payment on account penalties 131 3
- Tax on free shares 146 5
- Flat Rate Vat 14.5% and 5% reduced rate VAT 208 3
- Capital allowances on sale and puchase of business assets 128 1
- Audit 492 14
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 130 3
- Buying a horse?? 431 12
- CTA study material 805
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 496
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 461
- Employment related securities question 324
- AIM Stocks and IHT 311
- Expat pension contributions? 282
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 282
- Trust for Employee 257
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 234
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 161