Late P35 form
I filled in P14 and thought I had successfully filled in P35 form on line, on time.
On th 3.05.2011 I logged onto HMRC web site and had no doubt that I had completed the forms P14 and P35.
First notification of the 'failure' was received on 20.02.2012 over 9 months after the deadline of 18th May 2011.
The fine that has been levied is £800.00.
On 20.02.2012 I entered the HMRC site to find that the P14 had been recorded as being successful but no record of P 35 had been logged on the HMRC site. I completed the P35 which now shows a completion date 20.02.2012
When I first went on line on 3.05.2011, I printed out the P35 summary page which shows a date prior to the deadline.
I have submitted an appeal which has been rejected. In the Justification by the inspector he notes 'In your letter you state the end of the year 2010-11 return P35 was submitted before the deadline, however online services records show that you had logged on 5th May 2012 but did not submit your return, no successful submissions were made until 20th February 2012.......' The date as underlined above has not happened yet and is an error made by the Inspector. The date in the letter he refers to is in fact 3.05.2011.
All tax and NI due, had been paid in full and on time. No additional tax or NI is due to HMRC
I think this is a rip-off by HMRC and is far worse than wheel clamping
I have been given a choice as follows
- To have an independent review of the inspectors decision or
- To submit my appeal to the Tribunal Service
Can anyone help me
All tax and NI due, had been paid in full and on time. No addittional tax or NI is due to HMRC
- Error in audited accounts 133 2
- Pratice Management Software 174 3
- Use of home query 102 2
- IT advisory questions? 265 7
- signature required 550 22
- How can I deal with an unethical accountant? 274 6
- Vat registration exception 202 3
- CIS software 97 2
- Homing sandwiches 479 11
- CT600 137 3
- Director appointment not valid - any observations? 195 7
- Settlement discount 158 4
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 521 9
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 195 5
- A number of Clearbooks VAT return issues! 180 2
- VAT on hotel payments received in advance 143 2
- Norwegian p45, which UK Tax return does it go into 225 10
- Left UK in 2006 but did not declare rental income since 2009 142 1
- VAT rate charged by surveyor 194 2
- Related Party Transactions 134 2
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,255
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 822
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 526
- Digita Hosted Software 342
- Credit where credit's due....... 318
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 245
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 202
- TheTax Donut 185
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 166
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 165