Late P35 form
I filled in P14 and thought I had successfully filled in P35 form on line, on time.
On th 3.05.2011 I logged onto HMRC web site and had no doubt that I had completed the forms P14 and P35.
First notification of the 'failure' was received on 20.02.2012 over 9 months after the deadline of 18th May 2011.
The fine that has been levied is £800.00.
On 20.02.2012 I entered the HMRC site to find that the P14 had been recorded as being successful but no record of P 35 had been logged on the HMRC site. I completed the P35 which now shows a completion date 20.02.2012
When I first went on line on 3.05.2011, I printed out the P35 summary page which shows a date prior to the deadline.
I have submitted an appeal which has been rejected. In the Justification by the inspector he notes 'In your letter you state the end of the year 2010-11 return P35 was submitted before the deadline, however online services records show that you had logged on 5th May 2012 but did not submit your return, no successful submissions were made until 20th February 2012.......' The date as underlined above has not happened yet and is an error made by the Inspector. The date in the letter he refers to is in fact 3.05.2011.
All tax and NI due, had been paid in full and on time. No additional tax or NI is due to HMRC
I think this is a rip-off by HMRC and is far worse than wheel clamping
I have been given a choice as follows
- To have an independent review of the inspectors decision or
- To submit my appeal to the Tribunal Service
Can anyone help me
All tax and NI due, had been paid in full and on time. No addittional tax or NI is due to HMRC
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 78 1
- What is the amount of dividends received as a shareholder that requires registration for self assessment? 62 2
- Cocaine anyone? 423 8
- Late Registration for VAT 462 13
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 141 11
- EIS/SEIS 122 1
- Amortisation of Goodwill 249 1
- You know its over 158 2
- TaxCalc Accounts production 385 5
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 386 12
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 648 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 520 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 536 4
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 71 1
- Personal pension 385 9
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 212 1
- How much of your work is admin? 1,192 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 890 27
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 116 3
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,502 22
- Hive up 479
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 443
- corporate hierarchy 424
- Advice - 261
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 216
- WWOOFers 212
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 198
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 190
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 169
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 165