Late P35 form
I filled in P14 and thought I had successfully filled in P35 form on line, on time.
On th 3.05.2011 I logged onto HMRC web site and had no doubt that I had completed the forms P14 and P35.
First notification of the 'failure' was received on 20.02.2012 over 9 months after the deadline of 18th May 2011.
The fine that has been levied is £800.00.
On 20.02.2012 I entered the HMRC site to find that the P14 had been recorded as being successful but no record of P 35 had been logged on the HMRC site. I completed the P35 which now shows a completion date 20.02.2012
When I first went on line on 3.05.2011, I printed out the P35 summary page which shows a date prior to the deadline.
I have submitted an appeal which has been rejected. In the Justification by the inspector he notes 'In your letter you state the end of the year 2010-11 return P35 was submitted before the deadline, however online services records show that you had logged on 5th May 2012 but did not submit your return, no successful submissions were made until 20th February 2012.......' The date as underlined above has not happened yet and is an error made by the Inspector. The date in the letter he refers to is in fact 3.05.2011.
All tax and NI due, had been paid in full and on time. No additional tax or NI is due to HMRC
I think this is a rip-off by HMRC and is far worse than wheel clamping
I have been given a choice as follows
- To have an independent review of the inspectors decision or
- To submit my appeal to the Tribunal Service
Can anyone help me
All tax and NI due, had been paid in full and on time. No addittional tax or NI is due to HMRC
- Cash in Hand 146 3
- Buy to let and capitak gain 181 5
- are receipts needed? 633 17
- SA302's anyone?? 614 18
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 331 8
- High value residential property - SDLT 15% 125 1
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 351 12
- Busines software 161 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 196 6
- Converting a barn for business use 187 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 313 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 317 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 484 10
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 322 3
- Bookkeping software 731 7
- Clogged Losses 282 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 274 9
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 660 10
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 274 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 129 1
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 910
- International interest certificate 522
- NOVA 372
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 325
- Management expenses for investment company 275
- Bonus Bonds 269
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 185
- P11D benefit received by widow 164
- EXACT ONLINE 160
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 158