Late P35 form
I filled in P14 and thought I had successfully filled in P35 form on line, on time.
On th 3.05.2011 I logged onto HMRC web site and had no doubt that I had completed the forms P14 and P35.
First notification of the 'failure' was received on 20.02.2012 over 9 months after the deadline of 18th May 2011.
The fine that has been levied is £800.00.
On 20.02.2012 I entered the HMRC site to find that the P14 had been recorded as being successful but no record of P 35 had been logged on the HMRC site. I completed the P35 which now shows a completion date 20.02.2012
When I first went on line on 3.05.2011, I printed out the P35 summary page which shows a date prior to the deadline.
I have submitted an appeal which has been rejected. In the Justification by the inspector he notes 'In your letter you state the end of the year 2010-11 return P35 was submitted before the deadline, however online services records show that you had logged on 5th May 2012 but did not submit your return, no successful submissions were made until 20th February 2012.......' The date as underlined above has not happened yet and is an error made by the Inspector. The date in the letter he refers to is in fact 3.05.2011.
All tax and NI due, had been paid in full and on time. No additional tax or NI is due to HMRC
I think this is a rip-off by HMRC and is far worse than wheel clamping
I have been given a choice as follows
- To have an independent review of the inspectors decision or
- To submit my appeal to the Tribunal Service
Can anyone help me
All tax and NI due, had been paid in full and on time. No addittional tax or NI is due to HMRC
- The importance of Grammar 1,344 42
- VAT and customer entertaining 228 3
- Moneysoft - technical query 484 13
- tax saving on card points 257 7
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 225 6
- Hold on a minute (pun intended) 1,270 11
- Xero Pain Points 555 18
- supply teachers working through Ltd co 144 2
- Best way to draw a salary? 707 12
- PI cover 246 4
- 2014/15 Tax calculation spread sheet 954 15
- VAT - How hard is it? 739 26
- Profit split from an investment property 192 6
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,445 39
- Tax Implications on Child Benefits 172 1
- IRIS OpenSpace won't upload CT600 properly 278 6
- Capital Allowances and CGT interaction 268 9
- Scissors 896 24
- AIA for a Van, Self Employed 445 6
- Tax treatment of gift of expensive watch 466 10
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 373
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 330
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 308
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 300
- Electric Car 250
- S222 Charge 219
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 215
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 201
- Company Structure 197
- Does anyone know the name and postal address of HMRC's Data controller? 178