Late partnership SA return?
Help! I think I might be having a senior moment.
New partnership commences 1 August 2009 and the first accounting year end is 31 August 2010.
We didn't complete a 2010 partnership return as, a) I thought that as the first year end fell in 2010/11, this was the first return that had to be submitted, (there were no figures that could be entered onto the return), and b) IRIS wouldn't produce one, reporting that there were no figures to disclose for the year. We did, however, put the respective taxable shares, (apportioned 5 April), on the individual SA returns.
HMRC say I'm wrong, and a 2010 return was due, and I'm starting to think they're right. Are they?
All/any help appreciated.
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 268 4
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 79 5
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 88 2
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 170 11
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 516 5
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 434 8
- Limited company buying a car 100 3
- ACCA practice certificates 478 5
- Limited company buying director's car 270 10
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 57 1
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 58 1
- WC's and capital allowances 164 3
- Entrepeneurs relief 291 13
- Dress code 1,532 36
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 473 13
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 245 6
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 366 4
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 466 23
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 163 4
- Loan Repayment on Invoice 96 3
- CTA study material 765
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 475
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 387
- Employment related securities question 306
- AIM Stocks and IHT 278
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 256
- Expat pension contributions? 255
- Trust for Employee 233
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 166
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 146