Late partnership SA return?
Help! I think I might be having a senior moment.
New partnership commences 1 August 2009 and the first accounting year end is 31 August 2010.
We didn't complete a 2010 partnership return as, a) I thought that as the first year end fell in 2010/11, this was the first return that had to be submitted, (there were no figures that could be entered onto the return), and b) IRIS wouldn't produce one, reporting that there were no figures to disclose for the year. We did, however, put the respective taxable shares, (apportioned 5 April), on the individual SA returns.
HMRC say I'm wrong, and a 2010 return was due, and I'm starting to think they're right. Are they?
All/any help appreciated.
- valuation of vehicles 424 18
- Voluntary Disclosure 241 3
- Ethical Issues / Conflict of Interest 303 3
- Mortgage Interest - Tax Deductible 412 4
- BTC is slow 265 3
- Director registration for SA question 472 17
- How to revise RTI for Moneysoft 206 3
- Issues with freelancer taking zero salary from limited company 366 6
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 504 22
- Business only use of company car 704 26
- Dormant company late with their CH submission 511 14
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 327 4
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 972 29
- New Company reviews please 561 13
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 323 4
- VAT with Russia 246 2
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 235 4
- Money Laundering Manual 307 11
- cgt quoted shares losses 254 2
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,130 29
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 306
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 248
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 245
- Any thoughts on Capium? 238
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 221
- auto enrolment 193
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 178
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 159
- How to account for investment in JV? 158
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 149