Late partnership SA return?
Help! I think I might be having a senior moment.
New partnership commences 1 August 2009 and the first accounting year end is 31 August 2010.
We didn't complete a 2010 partnership return as, a) I thought that as the first year end fell in 2010/11, this was the first return that had to be submitted, (there were no figures that could be entered onto the return), and b) IRIS wouldn't produce one, reporting that there were no figures to disclose for the year. We did, however, put the respective taxable shares, (apportioned 5 April), on the individual SA returns.
HMRC say I'm wrong, and a 2010 return was due, and I'm starting to think they're right. Are they?
All/any help appreciated.
- Directors loan - no longer a director 265 3
- Budget 2015 predictions 85 2
- Failure to operate PAYE 1,891 32
- Telemarketing 85 3
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 416 10
- Pass-through costs - show gross or net under UK GAAP / IFRS? 88 1
- Non domicile swiss bank 114 2
- New tax codes for ex-employees 103 1
- Husband Wife let property 74 1
- Tennants in Common - Changing % Share 73 1
- Gift between companies 102 2
- Physiotherapy And Vat 108 2
- Vat reclaim on invoice payable over 4 years 446 6
- Why .... 690 8
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 934 9
- NI Contributions in order to claim state pension 539 12
- We contribute a percentage of employees' salaries to a pension scheme set up by them - do we need to get involved in auto-enrolment? 430 5
- PPR for non-residents after 05 Apr 2015 272 6
- Relevant life plan 304 7
- Flat Rate Job Expenses 156 2
- Possible Partnership? 587
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 496
- New Fangled Penalties 400
- Clubs and Taxable Income 322
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 293
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 246
- Loans to other companies 240
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 208
- Outsource Data Entry 198
- Moving away from CCH software 195