Late partnership SA return?
Help! I think I might be having a senior moment.
New partnership commences 1 August 2009 and the first accounting year end is 31 August 2010.
We didn't complete a 2010 partnership return as, a) I thought that as the first year end fell in 2010/11, this was the first return that had to be submitted, (there were no figures that could be entered onto the return), and b) IRIS wouldn't produce one, reporting that there were no figures to disclose for the year. We did, however, put the respective taxable shares, (apportioned 5 April), on the individual SA returns.
HMRC say I'm wrong, and a 2010 return was due, and I'm starting to think they're right. Are they?
All/any help appreciated.
- Any Scottish members out there? 7,462 282
- business card address 237 6
- How to complete annual VAT return online? 181 3
- Declined for business bank account 107 3
- Loan to a related company 34 1
- Artificially reducing profits by bonus accrual 600 26
- Repairs after a rental business ends 311 10
- Can anyone recommend a good document scanner? 218 8
- property rental income split 97 1
- Expenses of overseas employment 132 2
- UK RESIDENT IN RECEIPT OF USA PENSION 91 1
- Payroll provider 128 5
- How do we report and pay tax liability of company car we give to employee? 134 1
- Family loan 356 8
- New Client in dispute with old accountant 366 5
- Standard 'email' template system 815 13
- Donations (to a school!) 332 10
- Circular shareholding 155 3
- Joint construction arrangement CIS and VAT 263 1
- Employment related securities question 560 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,106
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 362
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 298
- National Insurance 268
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 238
- Payments on account coded out?? 226
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 219
- Non Resident 182
- Franchise income and costs 174
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 161