Late partnership SA return?
Help! I think I might be having a senior moment.
New partnership commences 1 August 2009 and the first accounting year end is 31 August 2010.
We didn't complete a 2010 partnership return as, a) I thought that as the first year end fell in 2010/11, this was the first return that had to be submitted, (there were no figures that could be entered onto the return), and b) IRIS wouldn't produce one, reporting that there were no figures to disclose for the year. We did, however, put the respective taxable shares, (apportioned 5 April), on the individual SA returns.
HMRC say I'm wrong, and a 2010 return was due, and I'm starting to think they're right. Are they?
All/any help appreciated.
- Lunches 79 3
- Mortgage Adviser's request 338 8
- VAT on non-denominated postage 98 3
- Generic notification message 244 6
- Property Expenses 194 7
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 676 21
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 792 39
- Auto Enrolment (sorry) 68 1
- Tax relief for networking day out? 483 13
- Swiching tax 480 14
- Accrued salary unpaid 237 4
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 4,164 18
- Basis periods 72 1
- P&L Treatment of property assets 90 2
- CGT on spouse's death 294 11
- Starting Again 301 11
- CT101 Completion 137 1
- Non resident pension withdrawal 154 2
- P11D Software 787 9
- PAYE Dashboard inconsistency 207 4
- Construction CIS LLP Company 597
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 584
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 384
- Pensions Regulator 349
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 287
- Using the correct forms 263
- SA penalty proposals 254
- RTI - duplicate employee record 246
- Accelerated payment notices 230
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 221