Late partnership SA return?
Help! I think I might be having a senior moment.
New partnership commences 1 August 2009 and the first accounting year end is 31 August 2010.
We didn't complete a 2010 partnership return as, a) I thought that as the first year end fell in 2010/11, this was the first return that had to be submitted, (there were no figures that could be entered onto the return), and b) IRIS wouldn't produce one, reporting that there were no figures to disclose for the year. We did, however, put the respective taxable shares, (apportioned 5 April), on the individual SA returns.
HMRC say I'm wrong, and a 2010 return was due, and I'm starting to think they're right. Are they?
All/any help appreciated.
- A little knowledge 278 6
- Digita in the cloud 116 2
- Tax relief when working away 45 1
- Anybody still doing returns? 928 36
- Self assessment for directors 67 1
- Tax relief when working away 148 3
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 244 9
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 1,304 20
- Designated sole Residence 233 5
- Scratch Head 333 1
- Year end 258 2
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 318 13
- Clothing 626 19
- Investment properties/freehold land 156 6
- Parent and subsidiary... 187 5
- Identity check problem 1,515 14
- No tax returns for 6 year 217 1
- Capital allowances on Software 239 2
- Trading Losses - 3 Year Carry Back 137 3
- Company director and KIT days 137 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 962
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 685
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 632
- Latest phishing scam 611
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 448
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 333
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 266
- Sabbatical payments 226
- Still Christmas at HMRC? 211
- Negligible Value Claim 205