Late partnership SA return?
Help! I think I might be having a senior moment.
New partnership commences 1 August 2009 and the first accounting year end is 31 August 2010.
We didn't complete a 2010 partnership return as, a) I thought that as the first year end fell in 2010/11, this was the first return that had to be submitted, (there were no figures that could be entered onto the return), and b) IRIS wouldn't produce one, reporting that there were no figures to disclose for the year. We did, however, put the respective taxable shares, (apportioned 5 April), on the individual SA returns.
HMRC say I'm wrong, and a 2010 return was due, and I'm starting to think they're right. Are they?
All/any help appreciated.
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 169 9
- client threatening legal action 1,796 28
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 678 8
- Partially exempt? 239 9
- Reclaiming EU VAT on fuel and expenses 89 1
- First VAT Visit for client 228 4
- Dividend in specie 227 7
- Lorry Drivers 139 2
- Redundancy payment added to p45 100 1
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 98 1
- Mexican student in UK 118 2
- PI insurance for Auto Enrolment 195 3
- Accounting Practice acting as an employment agency 301 12
- payroll software 131 1
- No Tax Returns submitted for last 16 years 1,052 25
- Complicated Company car purchase 110 1
- Pricing 333 10
- Late VAT registration penalty 251 5
- VAT 118 2
- QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and ClearBooks 852 18
- Skandia using wrong address 489
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 278
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 273
- Employee rewards 258
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 226
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 217
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 214
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 213
- Etax Australian 172
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 160