Late partnership SA return?
Help! I think I might be having a senior moment.
New partnership commences 1 August 2009 and the first accounting year end is 31 August 2010.
We didn't complete a 2010 partnership return as, a) I thought that as the first year end fell in 2010/11, this was the first return that had to be submitted, (there were no figures that could be entered onto the return), and b) IRIS wouldn't produce one, reporting that there were no figures to disclose for the year. We did, however, put the respective taxable shares, (apportioned 5 April), on the individual SA returns.
HMRC say I'm wrong, and a 2010 return was due, and I'm starting to think they're right. Are they?
All/any help appreciated.
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,325 14
- IR35 deemed payment and dividends - practical considerations 168 3
- VAT on Hire Purchase 185 2
- "Audit Report" 84 1
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 485 13
- Coding Notice 233 6
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 250 6
- New business - journal entries 416 22
- Is CGT roll over relief available for let property 227 3
- Payroll software 654 16
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 277 5
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 401 10
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 737 18
- B2B vat in the EU 195 4
- Samadian effect on self employed student support workers 203 4
- Changes to class 2 NIC's 238 3
- Client RTI Shows payments not his 201 4
- LLP as member of LLP 142 1
- Why should I retain membership? 2,849 48
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 524 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 874
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 722
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 415
- Social investment tax relief 220
- Digita Hosted Software 215
- Call Centre Data Costs 204
- accounting for this transaction 197
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 174
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 173
- Travel costs and contractors 173