Lease premium write offs
Do you know if I should treat "lease premium received for sub-let" in the following case as "lease premium write offs"?
ABC Ltd paid an annual rent for the year to 31 March 2012 of £8,800 for Windermere property, but did not pay a premium when the lease was acquired. It has been sub-let during 2012. Windermere property, a Leasehold office building, has been sub-let from 1 April 2011 to a new tenant who has paid a premium of 28,000 for the grant of an 8-year lease and pays ABC Ltd annual rent of £6,000 which was payable in advance.
I would appreciate very much if you can help me with this!
- Xerocon 2016 1,011 24
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,188 41
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 218 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 228 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 585 12
- Personal Tax 483 11
- USA Tax Query 156 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,659 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 944 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 276 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 597 18
- Corrupt Excel File 674 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 348 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,975 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 290 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 403 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 166 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 320 4
- last minute request 506 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,253 46