Let Property - was furnished now unfurnished
My client was letting their property as furnished and therefore claimed the 10% wear and tear allowance.
Last year there was a change of tenants and the property is now let unfurnished, so the wear and tear is now not available.
However, soon after it became unfurnished some replacement items were purchased - a cooker, dishwasher and carpets. Can this be claimed as a repair under the renewals basis? Or will HMRC argue the wear and tear allowance claimed has already covered this?
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 62 2
- flat rate scheme 2,314 47
- Signed accounts for bank 624 14
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 817 12
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 105 3
- Business lending another business money (UK) 282 7
- Deferring dividends on paper 137 5
- VAT Query on new build 78 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 126 1
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 138 4
- Family Partnership 225 5
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 70 1
- P11D Car Value 248 6
- NOVA declaration 99 1
- Business valuation advice 702 18
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,496 16
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,221 23
- Can anybody recommend any software 286 2
- Stand alone practice management software 2,102 26
- 2011 Self Assessment Tax return form 169 1