Let Property - was furnished now unfurnished
My client was letting their property as furnished and therefore claimed the 10% wear and tear allowance.
Last year there was a change of tenants and the property is now let unfurnished, so the wear and tear is now not available.
However, soon after it became unfurnished some replacement items were purchased - a cooker, dishwasher and carpets. Can this be claimed as a repair under the renewals basis? Or will HMRC argue the wear and tear allowance claimed has already covered this?
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 177 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 223 3
- Xerocon 2016 1,241 35
- Mortgage Reference 562 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 266 7
- Insovent companies 889 19
- New Build 222 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,298 48
- BrightPay quirks 242 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 811 20
- Website Content 194 1
- Personal Tax 635 12
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 206 1
- USA Tax Query 321 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 443 5
- last minute request 660 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 373 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 407 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,746 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 988 6