Letting clients get late filing penalties
Its that time of year again when you're chasing the same clients for their info and then working extra time just to help them avoid a penalty from hmrc.
We all have clients who are last minute types, and I'm sure everyone still gets the return done in time for them even if it means working weekends and late nights.
If you have sent three reminder letters, two text messages and rang them twice, should you then rush around if they bring it in on 29th of Jan or do the best you can and let them get a penalty if you haven't physically got the capacity to do it before the deadline?
I think that, if you always get it done, they know they can bring it in at the last minute so they have no incentive to get it to you early.
What do you all think? Have you done this before, and if you have what was the clients reaction?
And do you charge a premium for last minute jobs?
- Accountant software 399 11
- Accounting jobs in the UK 128 2
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 225 1
- What aspects of accountancy/book-keeping most trouble people 133 2
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 190 4
- CIS gross status review 82 1
- Notes needed for a new partner in an LLP 118 2
- Dividend payments to spouses 346 6
- Flat rate vat error 236 5
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 125 5
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 137 2
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 72 1
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 130 4
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 354 8
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 610 17
- Dispensation pointless ? 262 4
- Accountant Pays Clients Tax 603 11
- Are bankruptcy restrictions order becoming more common? 198 4
- Charge out rates in London? 209 2
- Negative retained earnings & Dividends 177 3
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 749
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 481
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 295
- How to format a stock book 260
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 210
- Tax efficient holding company structure 199
- Investment property company accounts template 188
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 184
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 167
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 155