Life Insurance Fund Redemption and transfer
Life insurance in the name of mother.
Premiums used to build up a fund that is then used to pay the mortality charge.
On death the payout is into trust that benefits children.
Children have paid all the premiums.
Total premiums paid exceed current fund value
If the policy is now surrendered before death the current balance of the fund has to be paid to the mother.The mother then transfers the money to the children.
How should this be treated? Is the cash transfer from the mother to the children a PET or would HMRC accept it as a repayment of a debt to the children who have paid all the premiums?
Any guidance much appreciated.
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 52 2
- Taxfiler been down since mid-afternoon 96 5
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 441 17
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 184 6
- Paid too much !! 149 1
- Gifting Shares to a Limited Company 73 1
- Company separation for Wholesale & Retail businesses 61 1
- Selling a VAT Qualifying vehicle at a loss 63 1
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 470 15
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 738 11
- Sports Sponsorship 109 1
- New Shareholder and Purchase of Own Share 235 17
- Opt To Tax Refund 207 2
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 191 6
- Is the CT61 return dead? 1,306 14
- Best software for small practice? 600 19
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 1,259 21
- HMRC Enquiry 472 2
- Car purchase Lease or Buy 215 7
- Notifying HMRC when striking off company that never traded 288 4
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 764
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 453
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 271
- DTA tie-breaker issue 261
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 244
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 223
- CGT for NOn UK residents 216
- Apprenticeship Levy 195
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 191
- Capital Gains personal representatives 181