Life Insurance Fund Redemption and transfer
Life insurance in the name of mother.
Premiums used to build up a fund that is then used to pay the mortality charge.
On death the payout is into trust that benefits children.
Children have paid all the premiums.
Total premiums paid exceed current fund value
If the policy is now surrendered before death the current balance of the fund has to be paid to the mother.The mother then transfers the money to the children.
How should this be treated? Is the cash transfer from the mother to the children a PET or would HMRC accept it as a repayment of a debt to the children who have paid all the premiums?
Any guidance much appreciated.
- HMRC request for Sage Back Up 2,198 27
- Employee satisfaction surveys 72 1
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 2,226 17
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 1,338 21
- CIS and Close Company 134 3
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 302 1
- VAT Option to tax 482 17
- Brain freeze - loss on disposal of company car 188 6
- Capital allowance vehicle exchange 203 7
- S162 and Capital Allowances 139 2
- Director leaving in month 1 176 2
- Ex Gratia payments 100 1
- HMRC chasing club for unpaid fees 302 3
- Unaudited accounts and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation 186 4
- Selling assets to yourself ? 203 3
- 24 Month Rule - New Employer 199 3
- Director's remuneration accrual 183 4
- IHT - clawback of BPR 59 1
- EIS - connection through employment 99 2
- HMRC Dispensation - How long does it last for? 258 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 916
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 645
- Free Tax Legislation? 411
- Director Loan account operation 407
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 349
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 323
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 230
- Paye procedures for CVA 224
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 196
- Pension Fixed Protection 163