Life Insurance Fund Redemption and transfer
Life insurance in the name of mother.
Premiums used to build up a fund that is then used to pay the mortality charge.
On death the payout is into trust that benefits children.
Children have paid all the premiums.
Total premiums paid exceed current fund value
If the policy is now surrendered before death the current balance of the fund has to be paid to the mother.The mother then transfers the money to the children.
How should this be treated? Is the cash transfer from the mother to the children a PET or would HMRC accept it as a repayment of a debt to the children who have paid all the premiums?
Any guidance much appreciated.
- VAT margin scheme 161 12
- Closing down - who should buy whom? 695 34
- English Company Owning Property in Scotland 184 1
- NI Contributions in order to claim state pension 280 5
- Lack of Quickbooks Online Coverage 348 6
- Risk Indicators Survey 132 1
- Deceased's Tax Return to date of death 82 1
- Jointly owned property 76 1
- Unpaid Fee's 620 10
- cold file reviewer needed 325 3
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 926 17
- Professional Qualification 290 2
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 319 1
- Late Filing SA due to property income, individual was also a non dom for 15 years 192 11
- Auto-enrolment drivel 793 13
- We contribute a percentage of employees' salaries to a pension scheme set up by them - do we need to get involved in auto-enrolment? 230 3
- Company Dividends Received 171 2
- Is Corp tax payable on legacy received by bowls Club? 156 1
- Client information from previous accountant 490 8
- Question regarding A1 Form 186 1
- Possible Partnership? 531
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 525
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 472
- New Fangled Penalties 329
- Clubs and Taxable Income 272
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 263
- Loans to other companies 207
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 189
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 160
- Outsource Data Entry 158