Life Insurance Fund Redemption and transfer
Life insurance in the name of mother.
Premiums used to build up a fund that is then used to pay the mortality charge.
On death the payout is into trust that benefits children.
Children have paid all the premiums.
Total premiums paid exceed current fund value
If the policy is now surrendered before death the current balance of the fund has to be paid to the mother.The mother then transfers the money to the children.
How should this be treated? Is the cash transfer from the mother to the children a PET or would HMRC accept it as a repayment of a debt to the children who have paid all the premiums?
Any guidance much appreciated.
- Capital Gains Relief 49 2
- Companies House praise 197 1
- Tax Penalty overreaction 1,989 14
- Advice on letting a client go ? 588 11
- client can't/won't pay 1,524 27
- Loss carry back in Taxfiler 34 2
- Most cr*p bank account ever? 115 1
- calculate mortgage interest 309 2
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 707 26
- Directors NIC's 145 5
- VAT field when booking bills for organisations on VAT FRS 57 1
- Entrepreneurs relief 140 2
- Declaration of interest 184 7
- Do we have to register for VAT? 410 8
- New client forgot to take stock count at the year end 242 6
- A Director of a Ltd Company let a general Manager run the company, and if anything goes wrong the general manager is responsible? 95 1
- White van man 833 27
- Close Ltd and be taxed as a sole trader 145 5
- Company Van taxable benefit 151 4
- Reclaiming VAT on unpaid invoices 104 3
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 872
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 568
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 533
- Latest phishing scam 466
- Entrepreneurs' relief 412
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 335
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 317
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 239
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 219
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 162