Life Insurance Fund Redemption and transfer
Life insurance in the name of mother.
Premiums used to build up a fund that is then used to pay the mortality charge.
On death the payout is into trust that benefits children.
Children have paid all the premiums.
Total premiums paid exceed current fund value
If the policy is now surrendered before death the current balance of the fund has to be paid to the mother.The mother then transfers the money to the children.
How should this be treated? Is the cash transfer from the mother to the children a PET or would HMRC accept it as a repayment of a debt to the children who have paid all the premiums?
Any guidance much appreciated.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 440 5
- See you all on the other side 606 6
- 12Pay 321 2
- dividends 433 2
- R&D 239 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,113 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 397 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 304 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 268 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 496 5
- Seeking a tax case 546 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 415 4
- Companies house strike off 386 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 306 2
- Moving to the cloud 694 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 195 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 837 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 186 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,060 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 440 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 541
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 409
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 360
- IRIS and FRS 102 341
- Capitalising Finance Lease 305
- USA help 304
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 276
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 264
- Capital gains on rental property 246
- Sage Coretime 226