Life Insurance Fund Redemption and transfer
Life insurance in the name of mother.
Premiums used to build up a fund that is then used to pay the mortality charge.
On death the payout is into trust that benefits children.
Children have paid all the premiums.
Total premiums paid exceed current fund value
If the policy is now surrendered before death the current balance of the fund has to be paid to the mother.The mother then transfers the money to the children.
How should this be treated? Is the cash transfer from the mother to the children a PET or would HMRC accept it as a repayment of a debt to the children who have paid all the premiums?
Any guidance much appreciated.
- Am I the only one who finds this annoying 1,169 41
- Flat Rate VAT 239 8
- Sage Drive Queue.dta file lock out 705 15
- Practice software 1,183 17
- Starting your response in the subject line of the form 308 7
- When to register or not for PAYE 534 11
- Invoicing for monthly clients 490 8
- Seeking advice: With recruitment agencies for temporary placements, is VAT taken off the whole sum received from the client, or just what the company retains? 231 5
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 568 8
- Redundancy pay 320 9
- Final CT Return - liquidating company 233 2
- VAT on farm machinery sold 261 5
- Servicing AE fees 183 2
- VAT Receipts 272 8
- Changing pay dates on Moneysoft 155 2
- P800 problems again 117 1
- Company accounts for £350 990 27
- Directors Loan Account Question 438 12
- Setting up a Charity Trust?? 156 4
- Seeking advice: Osetting Directors Loan at Startup 235 5
- FRS 101 Software 338
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 304
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 299
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 274
- French ConnectionUK 240
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 214
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 203
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 202
- APN's 186
- Penalties for late filing of P11D forms 183