Life Insurance Fund Redemption and transfer
Life insurance in the name of mother.
Premiums used to build up a fund that is then used to pay the mortality charge.
On death the payout is into trust that benefits children.
Children have paid all the premiums.
Total premiums paid exceed current fund value
If the policy is now surrendered before death the current balance of the fund has to be paid to the mother.The mother then transfers the money to the children.
How should this be treated? Is the cash transfer from the mother to the children a PET or would HMRC accept it as a repayment of a debt to the children who have paid all the premiums?
Any guidance much appreciated.
- Payroll experience for beginning AAT student 105 1
- Providing registered office address to clients 78 1
- Share premium or Directors Loan 757 31
- Enquiry into tax return - how co-operative would you be? 387 8
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 1,437 47
- Interest on HMRC contract settlement 180 3
- Goodwill gesture for providing work 462 12
- VAT reconciliation and VAT return on Sage 133 3
- What would you do in this situation? 200 5
- Filing a P87 (professional fees) before year end. 150 2
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 622 13
- More HMRC on gov.uk 653 11
- Rollover relief - when does gain crystallise in this situation? 108 1
- Offshore company transferring assets to a UK individual. 351 14
- Interest Free Loan - Salay Sacrifice? 253 4
- Research and development - repayment timescale 225 5
- Sole trader hid directorships. 421 6
- NOVA 559 1
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 286 10
- Regional Development Grant 136 4
- Bonus Bonds 396
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 386
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 298
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 262
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 193
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 191
- Company Car Lease 164
- Finance Lease 159
- Form 42 153
- Demerger Reserve 134