Life Insurance Fund Redemption and transfer
Life insurance in the name of mother.
Premiums used to build up a fund that is then used to pay the mortality charge.
On death the payout is into trust that benefits children.
Children have paid all the premiums.
Total premiums paid exceed current fund value
If the policy is now surrendered before death the current balance of the fund has to be paid to the mother.The mother then transfers the money to the children.
How should this be treated? Is the cash transfer from the mother to the children a PET or would HMRC accept it as a repayment of a debt to the children who have paid all the premiums?
Any guidance much appreciated.
- Career advice for ex HMRC Inspector 1,692 32
- Where has Portia gone? 721 26
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,550 72
- Rogue Accountant 2,835 46
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 5,290 19
- HMRC Scam 263 2
- Departments in Sage 50 93 1
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 233 2
- HMRC, YouTube, ITTOIA... 323 4
- Capital Gains? 265 2
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 108 1
- Partial Exemption relating to a multi academy trust 77 1
- Is it possible to have an excel link to a different dated excel file 452 9
- Taxation of serviced offices 132 2
- AIA - new period 222 1
- Self assessment question 1,162 48
- Major Works Invoice to Rental Property 379 9
- What is the base cost of this asset for CGT? 268 3
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 859 20
- Dividend Tax Rate 447 8
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 775
- RTI - duplicate employee record 512
- Pensions Regulator 441
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 396
- Sage Vat return box 2 298
- Sanzar 297
- Digital marketing focus group 279
- How do you do it 266
- Report old income 228
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 227