Life Insurance Fund Redemption and transfer
Life insurance in the name of mother.
Premiums used to build up a fund that is then used to pay the mortality charge.
On death the payout is into trust that benefits children.
Children have paid all the premiums.
Total premiums paid exceed current fund value
If the policy is now surrendered before death the current balance of the fund has to be paid to the mother.The mother then transfers the money to the children.
How should this be treated? Is the cash transfer from the mother to the children a PET or would HMRC accept it as a repayment of a debt to the children who have paid all the premiums?
Any guidance much appreciated.
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,077 29
- Late Registration for VAT 221 7
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 107 1
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 574 10
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 145 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 95 1
- Personal pension 278 5
- Directors taking money out of business, how to record in sage instant accounts. 126 2
- Nominal Ledger of Company Accounts 67 1
- Registering a company late 319 11
- Director taking salary, dividends and consultancy fees? 211 1
- Tax on income from discretionary trust in SATR 134 6
- Deferred Tax 271 5
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,276 17
- How much of your work is admin? 402 2
- Legal fees selling rental property 206 3
- physiotherapy clinic 614 4
- Running two businesses from the same premises 230 2
- VAT Registration for locum Doctors 328 8
- hMRand Customs Powers of Arrest 2,833 23
- TheTax Donut 1,021
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 681
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 625
- Follower cases 489
- Limited company purchase of property 419
- Hive up 417
- corporate hierarchy 383
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 380
- LIVE chat, starting now 332
- AIA or IFA 216