Life Insurance Fund Redemption and transfer
Life insurance in the name of mother.
Premiums used to build up a fund that is then used to pay the mortality charge.
On death the payout is into trust that benefits children.
Children have paid all the premiums.
Total premiums paid exceed current fund value
If the policy is now surrendered before death the current balance of the fund has to be paid to the mother.The mother then transfers the money to the children.
How should this be treated? Is the cash transfer from the mother to the children a PET or would HMRC accept it as a repayment of a debt to the children who have paid all the premiums?
Any guidance much appreciated.
- Hmrc software 171 3
- Mehjoo 237 1
- Thinking to start accepting Online Card Payments 161 2
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 63 1
- SA302 244 4
- Hosted email exchange 164 5
- South African Government Pension 175 1
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 148 3
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 247 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 287 13
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 231 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 139 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 270 7
- New Email Extensions 174 1
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 296 2
- Dental practice incorpration 144 1
- Audit rules 173 4
- Go Cardless 298 8
- business entertaining deductibility 169 1
- Self assessment tax arrears 213 2
- Xtuple 503
- Qtac payroll for bureau 341
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 287
- Industrial & Provident Societies 279
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 223
- Domain name sale and limited company 165
- CIS schemes 159
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 159
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 147
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 136