Life Insurance Fund Redemption and transfer
Life insurance in the name of mother.
Premiums used to build up a fund that is then used to pay the mortality charge.
On death the payout is into trust that benefits children.
Children have paid all the premiums.
Total premiums paid exceed current fund value
If the policy is now surrendered before death the current balance of the fund has to be paid to the mother.The mother then transfers the money to the children.
How should this be treated? Is the cash transfer from the mother to the children a PET or would HMRC accept it as a repayment of a debt to the children who have paid all the premiums?
Any guidance much appreciated.
- last minute request 86 2
- GP ACCOUNTS 48 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 354 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 39 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 192 6
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,116 44
- Maternity and claining expenses 629 6
- Overseas workday relief 129 5
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 248 3
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 654 13
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 83 1
- MVL 250 4
- Disengagement Help! 1,486 22
- Is it possible to link documents into transactions in Sage? 115 2
- Creative Auto Enrolment 728 11
- Change PAYE agent address 197 2
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 84 1
- Claiming for breach of contract 247 4
- AccountingWEB survey 368 4
- An IT question 372 8