Life Insurance Fund Redemption and transfer
Life insurance in the name of mother.
Premiums used to build up a fund that is then used to pay the mortality charge.
On death the payout is into trust that benefits children.
Children have paid all the premiums.
Total premiums paid exceed current fund value
If the policy is now surrendered before death the current balance of the fund has to be paid to the mother.The mother then transfers the money to the children.
How should this be treated? Is the cash transfer from the mother to the children a PET or would HMRC accept it as a repayment of a debt to the children who have paid all the premiums?
Any guidance much appreciated.
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 136 4
- Trade name 131 3
- CT/CIS offset 65 1
- Musician - Allowable Travel expenses 112 1
- Funding Circle Servicing Fee 97 1
- New business - journal entries 282 20
- B2B vat in the EU 95 2
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 304 18
- Why should I retain membership? 2,624 45
- VAT on deposits 195 2
- VAT clearance for determining the correct rate to apply 117 1
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 379 12
- option to tax 196 1
- Share of profits from building society 75 1
- sage vat journal 77 1
- Coding Notice 100 1
- Free invoicing software 137 2
- BTL property solely in wife's name - can she split rental income with husband? 552 15
- CIS deductions against the wrong UTR 251 7
- Looking for BIK v mileage comparison software 166 2
- Auto enrolment excuses 763
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 702
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 380
- Social investment tax relief 200
- Digita Hosted Software 192
- Call Centre Data Costs 189
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 153
- Travel costs and contractors 143
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 132
- Certificates of tax deposit 128