Life Insurance Fund Redemption and transfer
Life insurance in the name of mother.
Premiums used to build up a fund that is then used to pay the mortality charge.
On death the payout is into trust that benefits children.
Children have paid all the premiums.
Total premiums paid exceed current fund value
If the policy is now surrendered before death the current balance of the fund has to be paid to the mother.The mother then transfers the money to the children.
How should this be treated? Is the cash transfer from the mother to the children a PET or would HMRC accept it as a repayment of a debt to the children who have paid all the premiums?
Any guidance much appreciated.
- VAT - How hard is it? 597 20
- The importance of Grammar 1,207 34
- Profit split from an investment property 59 4
- Directors exempt from AE? 128 5
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,212 34
- Availability of Tax Relief on Expenses incurred for Voluntary Work Overseas 39 1
- Xero Pain Points 470 17
- DIRECTOR LOAN ACCOUNT AND BALANCE 265 8
- 2014/15 Tax calculation spread sheet 829 12
- VAT and Groups 49 2
- Capital Allowances and CGT interaction 215 7
- Post Budget Disincorporations 1,854 13
- tax saving on card points 169 3
- VAT & Offshore Companies 194 7
- Bookkeeping - Relevant Qualifications? 432 5
- Scissors 789 23
- Mobile phone costs during maternity leave for OMB 284 8
- working from home 1,693 29
- Car leasing 202 3
- VAT underpayments and financial reporting 167 2
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 365
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 317
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 302
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 289
- Electric Car 247
- S222 Charge 216
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 211
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 197
- Company Structure 188
- VAT and customer entertaining 171