Life Insurance Fund Redemption and transfer
Life insurance in the name of mother.
Premiums used to build up a fund that is then used to pay the mortality charge.
On death the payout is into trust that benefits children.
Children have paid all the premiums.
Total premiums paid exceed current fund value
If the policy is now surrendered before death the current balance of the fund has to be paid to the mother.The mother then transfers the money to the children.
How should this be treated? Is the cash transfer from the mother to the children a PET or would HMRC accept it as a repayment of a debt to the children who have paid all the premiums?
Any guidance much appreciated.
- VAT refund 293 3
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,262 37
- flat rate scheme 67 2
- Turnover on a tax return 525 12
- Company limited by guarantee having only 1 member 74 2
- incorrect old p60 550 15
- Company to buy shareholder land 88 4
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 177 1
- Posting Corp Tax to Sage Line 50 129 1
- Special dividends & CGT 194 1
- Director's Earnings when Drawing from Goodwill profit from Sole Trading Company sale to Ltd Company 174 1
- Networking 347 5
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 272 2
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 302 4
- Corrupt excel .XLSX file 151 1
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 331 5
- Professional coaching claimable? 281 2
- IT Contractor 283 1
- Sage instant account codes 199 1
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 300 1