Life Insurance - P11D benefit?
It was always my understanding that if an employer is the beneficiary of a life insurance policy then no P11D benefit will arise. Likewise, f the employee is the benificiary then it's a taxable benefit which should be reported on form P11D.
I've just found the following on Tolley's..........
Although not strictly health insurance, it is worth mentioning the tax rules on the provision of life insurance by the employer. As long as the employer arranges the life insurance and pays the insurance provider direct, the provision of life insurance is not a taxable benefit on the employee.
Does this mean that the beneficiary of the policy doesn't affect the treatment either way and life insurance is always a non taxable benefit?? I'm very confused!
- Can anyone advise on the best VAT Scheme to change to? 242 4
- Apologies for reposting this but first post was on Friday afternoon! 313 2
- CT600 Computations - Company Tax Return help 1,277 14
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 123 2
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 407 15
- Companies House incorporation service 312 12
- Factors affecting tax charge FRS 19 (marginal rate) 47 1
- P35 and Service Company questions 121 3
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 186 6
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 145 1
- Long period of account for Corporation Tax 217 7
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 130 3
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 132 3
- VAT, vans, sole traders and business use. 1,584 12
- Share Capital 109 2
- Trading income or not? 168 1
- Charge HMRC 389 3
- FRS17 query 228 2
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,771 44
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 2,692 29
- Xtuple 543
- Qtac payroll for bureau 373
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 315
- Industrial & Provident Societies 310
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 287
- CIS schemes 220
- Domain name sale and limited company 203
- Investment 183
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 181
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 177