Life Insurance - P11D benefit?
It was always my understanding that if an employer is the beneficiary of a life insurance policy then no P11D benefit will arise. Likewise, f the employee is the benificiary then it's a taxable benefit which should be reported on form P11D.
I've just found the following on Tolley's..........
Although not strictly health insurance, it is worth mentioning the tax rules on the provision of life insurance by the employer. As long as the employer arranges the life insurance and pays the insurance provider direct, the provision of life insurance is not a taxable benefit on the employee.
Does this mean that the beneficiary of the policy doesn't affect the treatment either way and life insurance is always a non taxable benefit?? I'm very confused!
- Enforcing A CCJ 159 4
- Quarterly PAYE 26 1
- Value pricing 442 15
- SDLT - transfer of land into newco 101 4
- Personal Service Company 78 2
- Employment Allowance - Doctors Private Secretaries 83 1
- SA Return issued after P800 received 103 5
- Multiple PAYE Schemes 74 1
- More than one Employment Allowance ? 103 1
- Auto enrolment 254 4
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,160 25
- Sage Payroll 189 8
- Sale of shares and ER 65 2
- Laptop purchase 1,140 19
- VAT on Gaming Machines 242 1
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 124 3
- VAT 94 1
- Auto enrolment 332 5
- Adjusting over-provision of Corporation Tax in previous year 129 4
- Fee's for P11D's 171 1
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 753
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 513
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 381
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 359
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 271
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 209
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 208
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 187
- Director Loan account operation 180
- vat return 155