Life Insurance - P11D benefit?
It was always my understanding that if an employer is the beneficiary of a life insurance policy then no P11D benefit will arise. Likewise, f the employee is the benificiary then it's a taxable benefit which should be reported on form P11D.
I've just found the following on Tolley's..........
Although not strictly health insurance, it is worth mentioning the tax rules on the provision of life insurance by the employer. As long as the employer arranges the life insurance and pays the insurance provider direct, the provision of life insurance is not a taxable benefit on the employee.
Does this mean that the beneficiary of the policy doesn't affect the treatment either way and life insurance is always a non taxable benefit?? I'm very confused!
- Is a Business Bank Account compulsory for a sole trader? 107 5
- Unhappy client over fees 1,399 32
- Multi user accounting software 127 2
- S455 tax on existing loans on becoming a participator 71 1
- Does QuickBooks Online have aged debtors and creditors reports? 221 2
- Do HMRC impose harsher penalties on unrepresented taxpayers? 101 1
- Is it possible and what should be done? 155 1
- Remortgage costs on redidential lettings 192 2
- Self-employed: claiming expenses initially paid by somebody else 402 11
- do i need an online accounting software 554 7
- VAT DIY self build shceme 107 1
- COMPANIES HOUSE - DOWN LOAD FREE ACCOUNTS 645 17
- Employee expenses & benefits - bringing myself up to date 251 1
- Backdating Partnership registration to 14/15 1,019 16
- Can you claim part of the AIA and WDAs on the remainder 180 2
- Bank account security - Kashflow 298 4
- Double tax relief -UK tax paid in error 123 2
- Partnership Share Ratio Quandary 465 12
- ACCA student with study package 412 8
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 407 3
- NHS finance professionals 791
- Foreign Pension Contribution 475
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 467
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 405
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 372
- IFA income recognition & reporting 280
- Are subsistence claims firmly attached to the 24 month rule ? 262
- Form P55 in year tax repayment claim for non-resident 256
- When is sale recognised in an agency who receives commission? 208
- FRM claim for travel to training course 201