Life Insurance - P11D benefit?
It was always my understanding that if an employer is the beneficiary of a life insurance policy then no P11D benefit will arise. Likewise, f the employee is the benificiary then it's a taxable benefit which should be reported on form P11D.
I've just found the following on Tolley's..........
Although not strictly health insurance, it is worth mentioning the tax rules on the provision of life insurance by the employer. As long as the employer arranges the life insurance and pays the insurance provider direct, the provision of life insurance is not a taxable benefit on the employee.
Does this mean that the beneficiary of the policy doesn't affect the treatment either way and life insurance is always a non taxable benefit?? I'm very confused!
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 373 9
- Marketing and email surprises 436 9
- The stupidity continues 1,192 64
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 751 26
- What is IRIS World like? 401 10
- Bank request To verify Accounts 111 1
- transactions after account have been closed 292 9
- How to claim subsistence for working away from home 99 1
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 308 5
- Mlom bollocks 201 4
- VT Transactions Stock Issues 87 2
- Non-Europe based but want to do UK taxes 158 1
- AML report needed? 91 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 575 11
- Can I claim Vat on solicitors invoices? 283 6
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 272 6
- Calculating capital gains tax for non-residents UK residential property 160 1
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,367 25
- New Employers Helpline 224 4
- Software recommendations 290 1
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 443
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 441
- WIP Software 304
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 291
- No payroll scheme in place 239
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 234
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 214
- Is there anything wrong with this? 209
- Small Part Disposal of Property 195
- Uncommercial property business 186