Life Insurance - P11D benefit?
It was always my understanding that if an employer is the beneficiary of a life insurance policy then no P11D benefit will arise. Likewise, f the employee is the benificiary then it's a taxable benefit which should be reported on form P11D.
I've just found the following on Tolley's..........
Although not strictly health insurance, it is worth mentioning the tax rules on the provision of life insurance by the employer. As long as the employer arranges the life insurance and pays the insurance provider direct, the provision of life insurance is not a taxable benefit on the employee.
Does this mean that the beneficiary of the policy doesn't affect the treatment either way and life insurance is always a non taxable benefit?? I'm very confused!
- Is Hold over relief available? 65 4
- can I claim a per diem 156 3
- HMRC corporation tax software - how to enter negative expense 233 7
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 794 10
- Linux Accounting Software 523 11
- Dispensation pointless ? 455 11
- Underpaid taxes included in tax code connundrum 63 1
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,177 27
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 433 14
- Running Cost of Private Car more than 45p per mile?? 349 8
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 218 5
- Ltd co client preparing own self assessment tax returns 367 8
- Business Christmas Greetings 824 17
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 482 11
- SME Direct Debit 728 12
- Aweb Fantasy Practice 1,084 18
- Land Opt to Tax - VAT scope 166 6
- Is anyone a member of National Accountancy Network? 333 6
- r&d payable tax credits 78 1
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 474 3
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 808
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 496
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 308
- How to format a stock book 275
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 223
- Tax efficient holding company structure 216
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 206
- Investment property company accounts template 200
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 178
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 173