Life Insurance - P11D benefit?
It was always my understanding that if an employer is the beneficiary of a life insurance policy then no P11D benefit will arise. Likewise, f the employee is the benificiary then it's a taxable benefit which should be reported on form P11D.
I've just found the following on Tolley's..........
Although not strictly health insurance, it is worth mentioning the tax rules on the provision of life insurance by the employer. As long as the employer arranges the life insurance and pays the insurance provider direct, the provision of life insurance is not a taxable benefit on the employee.
Does this mean that the beneficiary of the policy doesn't affect the treatment either way and life insurance is always a non taxable benefit?? I'm very confused!
- Google contacts sharing within our domain 61 1
- Limited Companies, Directors Employer Registration P11D 140 4
- SAGE - Filtering Inactive Suppliers/Customers 120 2
- Personal allowance 415 10
- Workshops centred around Xero 458 12
- Scams are not always obvious 691 19
- RTI, no payroll but BIK 118 1
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 122 2
- VAT on long lease in comercial property thathas opted to Tax 90 3
- Related party disclosures 172 3
- Input vat on my fees after deregistration 181 2
- Charity Buildings and Zero-rated Vat 79 1
- Auto Enrolment, Payroll, Small Client Advice and what to charge? 616 17
- 100% FYA, do I have to cliam all of it in 1 year? 233 4
- Vat query - EU customer requesting invoice without charging vat 250 8
- Is this legal? 624 9
- Market Value/Connected Persons 189 7
- Saying NO to a time wasters 1,993 23
- Cells from many sheets 126 2
- Taxation of rental income 214 4
- New Fangled Penalties 1,042
- Moving away from CCH software 902
- Recruitment agencies 528
- QROP pension input amounts 410
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 362
- Deemed Employment Payment 345
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 307
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 298
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 218
- fraud 216