Life Insurance - P11D benefit?
It was always my understanding that if an employer is the beneficiary of a life insurance policy then no P11D benefit will arise. Likewise, f the employee is the benificiary then it's a taxable benefit which should be reported on form P11D.
I've just found the following on Tolley's..........
Although not strictly health insurance, it is worth mentioning the tax rules on the provision of life insurance by the employer. As long as the employer arranges the life insurance and pays the insurance provider direct, the provision of life insurance is not a taxable benefit on the employee.
Does this mean that the beneficiary of the policy doesn't affect the treatment either way and life insurance is always a non taxable benefit?? I'm very confused!
- Limited company built a property and the client has made this messy 263 7
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 540 9
- Transferring rental property to limited company 484 14
- Are there Sage Instant Accounts Plus report which give breakdowns of the debtors and creditors control account balances by invoice for each currency? 103 3
- Time recording 157 3
- HMRC Funding for Employee PAYE refund 257 4
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 147 2
- Land Registry 272 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 967 13
- Auto Enrolment 673 4
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 808 19
- Company Number 10000000 410 4
- Advertising Tips? 332 7
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,519 29
- IR35 368 5
- Exclusion of single director companies from the Employment Allowance in 2016/17 428 12
- Revenue phishing examples 271 1
- iris update 11.9.2 237 2
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 452 13
- 2015 tax year end 547 1
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 734
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 435
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 374
- Costly Accounting Software contract 369
- Directors' advances and credits 286
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 260
- DTA tie-breaker issue 251
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 235
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 210
- CGT for NOn UK residents 195