Life Insurance - P11D benefit?
It was always my understanding that if an employer is the beneficiary of a life insurance policy then no P11D benefit will arise. Likewise, f the employee is the benificiary then it's a taxable benefit which should be reported on form P11D.
I've just found the following on Tolley's..........
Although not strictly health insurance, it is worth mentioning the tax rules on the provision of life insurance by the employer. As long as the employer arranges the life insurance and pays the insurance provider direct, the provision of life insurance is not a taxable benefit on the employee.
Does this mean that the beneficiary of the policy doesn't affect the treatment either way and life insurance is always a non taxable benefit?? I'm very confused!
- Undisclosed income 87 2
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 209 3
- Private Investment Company 120 1
- How familiar are accountants with community interest companies? 64 1
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,641 44
- New company - form a group? 184 3
- Small company audit 115 1
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 275 7
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 783 17
- CIC Company 415 2
- What are options for non CA firm 2,686 57
- Is this a scam? 792 8
- Companies Made Simple Dashboard? 148 1
- Employment allowance (again) :( 352 2
- Mortgage to buy property in limited company 258 5
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 195 4
- PITA client 265 3
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 383 9
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,337 33
- Dividend dates 493 8
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 601
- Cancelled 349
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 334
- Cancelled 286
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 257
- Probiz 245
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 199
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 185
- Car leasing scheme 182
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 169