Life Insurance - P11D benefit?
It was always my understanding that if an employer is the beneficiary of a life insurance policy then no P11D benefit will arise. Likewise, f the employee is the benificiary then it's a taxable benefit which should be reported on form P11D.
I've just found the following on Tolley's..........
Although not strictly health insurance, it is worth mentioning the tax rules on the provision of life insurance by the employer. As long as the employer arranges the life insurance and pays the insurance provider direct, the provision of life insurance is not a taxable benefit on the employee.
Does this mean that the beneficiary of the policy doesn't affect the treatment either way and life insurance is always a non taxable benefit?? I'm very confused!
- Gift or Capital Gain? 278 8
- Reversing out RTI 56 3
- Capital Gain? 388 10
- Sage instant bank rec - is it possible to clear past transactions and reconcile from a given month? 263 6
- BrightPay 601 18
- Classic cars investment 230 7
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 192 3
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 312 7
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 301 7
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 258 9
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 812 21
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 240 2
- H&W company 201 3
- VAT on sale of Vehicle 172 3
- tax teatment of index linked mortgage repayment 165 2
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 133 1
- Does anyone use a cloud based payroll software 799 32
- VAT silly question 2,397 56
- Are sheepdog winnings taxable? 1,087 10
- Federation Accounts 364 10
- Benchmarking 489
- Possible Partnership? 432
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 410
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 409
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 348
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 208
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 206
- Clubs and Taxable Income 194
- Income tax on foreign dividends 189
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 184