Limited Co - Pensions contributions and low salary ?
I'm not certain about this and would appreciate the benefit of community members wisdom.
One of my clients - a limited company - one shareholder / director is looking at some pension arrangements.
My understanding is, he can get tax relief on personal contributions up to amount of his relevant earnings £7 300 (max £50k) in his case because he also receives a dividend.
Otherwise his company makes a contribution for him, which can exceed the £7 300 stated above up to £50k as long as the work he does is commensurate with that level of pension payment.
But it would have to be a company pension scheme so will need the help of an IFA.
Grateful for feedback.
- convert directors loan account to share capital 191 6
- CGT and PPR and Lettings Relief? 278 6
- 2 year rule? Self employed. 430 14
- P11d error 432 10
- Audit Required 144 4
- Audit Report Query 65 1
- Value pricing 301 12
- company secretarial software 165 3
- Undeclared Self Employment 1,613 13
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,789 27
- Tax repayment for 2013-14 200 3
- Elective DeductionsModel 71 1
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 189 1
- Rental Income 308 6
- Payroll 2012/13 117 1
- I have a pain 710 6
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 97 1
- Anyone else seen incorrect tax code notices - rather worring! 741 17
- Belated VAT Exception Application 136 3
- Cash flow 150 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 736
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 502
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 352
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 343
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 266
- VAT on Gaming Machines 217
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 203
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 190
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 180
- Director Loan account operation 153