Limited Co - Pensions contributions and low salary ?
I'm not certain about this and would appreciate the benefit of community members wisdom.
One of my clients - a limited company - one shareholder / director is looking at some pension arrangements.
My understanding is, he can get tax relief on personal contributions up to amount of his relevant earnings £7 300 (max £50k) in his case because he also receives a dividend.
Otherwise his company makes a contribution for him, which can exceed the £7 300 stated above up to £50k as long as the work he does is commensurate with that level of pension payment.
But it would have to be a company pension scheme so will need the help of an IFA.
Grateful for feedback.
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 200 3
- Practice management - that old chestnut....... 1,191 19
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 316 6
- Go Cardless 363 10
- Self assessment tax arrears 298 3
- Mehjoo 320 2
- Tax Return Member LLP 87 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 346 5
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 186 4
- SA302 322 7
- US Employment Income - Double Tax Treaty 289 13
- Bringing money to Uk 284 4
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 211 4
- Hmrc software 248 3
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 158 1
- Hosted email exchange 182 5
- South African Government Pension 183 1
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 325 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 324 13
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 251 7
- Xtuple 515
- Qtac payroll for bureau 355
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 298
- Industrial & Provident Societies 292
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 233
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 200
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 200
- Domain name sale and limited company 177
- CIS schemes 175
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 151