Limited Co - Pensions contributions and low salary ?
I'm not certain about this and would appreciate the benefit of community members wisdom.
One of my clients - a limited company - one shareholder / director is looking at some pension arrangements.
My understanding is, he can get tax relief on personal contributions up to amount of his relevant earnings £7 300 (max £50k) in his case because he also receives a dividend.
Otherwise his company makes a contribution for him, which can exceed the £7 300 stated above up to £50k as long as the work he does is commensurate with that level of pension payment.
But it would have to be a company pension scheme so will need the help of an IFA.
Grateful for feedback.
- How do I correct a previous accountants major mistake on PAYE/SA? 437 5
- Entrepreneur's Relief Query 134 2
- Tax - Paying Yearly 186 10
- Anyone using PracticePA? 229 4
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 626 24
- Sage Drive Queue.dta file lock out 330 8
- When is commencing trading not commening trading 171 3
- Income tax: Interaction between new marriage allowance and new nil band on savings interest 180 1
- charities 210 3
- How to find difference in Sage bank rec 275 6
- Auto enrollment. What's the basis for contribution ? 101 1
- Seeking advice: CGT after divorce when house sold and neither party was resident 173 2
- New company uses old Bank Account 215 2
- converting garage to use as office 288 2
- recommended auto-enrolment pension scheme providers 650 13
- HOW is anyone obtaining an EORI number prior to shipment? 126 2
- How best to split income on a Buy To Let - married. How do you decide beneficial ownership 1,185 11
- Strike off 437 9
- Contracting, Subcontracting and Agency Worker Regs 146 2
- auto enrolment 285 1
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 376
- Any thoughts on Capium? 331
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 293
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 267
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 252
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 229
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 176
- French ConnectionUK 164
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 158
- APN's 157