Limited Co - Pensions contributions and low salary ?
I'm not certain about this and would appreciate the benefit of community members wisdom.
One of my clients - a limited company - one shareholder / director is looking at some pension arrangements.
My understanding is, he can get tax relief on personal contributions up to amount of his relevant earnings £7 300 (max £50k) in his case because he also receives a dividend.
Otherwise his company makes a contribution for him, which can exceed the £7 300 stated above up to £50k as long as the work he does is commensurate with that level of pension payment.
But it would have to be a company pension scheme so will need the help of an IFA.
Grateful for feedback.
- Withdrawal of a quote 153 4
- Online accounting provider for multicompany with turnover £10m 331 5
- Company Number 10000000 923 12
- CGT on lost shares/scam 141 3
- Anyone else getting these HMRC letters? 392 3
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 1,804 29
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 537 10
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 404 9
- Support / ticketing software 279 9
- Where to follow court cases/rulings 191 3
- HMRC Funding for Employee PAYE refund 325 5
- Are Tax Agents designed out of online systems? 247 2
- Stamp Duty 103 2
- Annual Return for company for whom director/shareholder has died 395 13
- Best software for small practice? 821 24
- Large director's pension contribution 632 10
- Credit for price reduction - Inventory write down effect 136 2
- Car benefit or not? 2,554 26
- substantial shareholding exemption 161 1
- Land Registry 406 5
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 793
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 464
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 282
- DTA tie-breaker issue 279
- CGT for NOn UK residents 238
- Apprenticeship Levy 214
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 206
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 203
- Just checking re PSA 194
- Capital Gains personal representatives 187