Limited Co - Pensions contributions and low salary ?
I'm not certain about this and would appreciate the benefit of community members wisdom.
One of my clients - a limited company - one shareholder / director is looking at some pension arrangements.
My understanding is, he can get tax relief on personal contributions up to amount of his relevant earnings £7 300 (max £50k) in his case because he also receives a dividend.
Otherwise his company makes a contribution for him, which can exceed the £7 300 stated above up to £50k as long as the work he does is commensurate with that level of pension payment.
But it would have to be a company pension scheme so will need the help of an IFA.
Grateful for feedback.
- Personal allowance for a resident of both Belgium and UK? 11 2
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,364 27
- Any Scottish members out there? 10,731 397
- Letting relief 58 2
- Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) 414 22
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 21 1
- Benefits in Kind 101 4
- Time limit 159 3
- Can anyone recommend a good document scanner? 624 11
- What is the role of an accountant? 687 18
- Is it possible to set a company year end to be the last day of February every year, regardless of whether it is a leap year or not? 143 5
- Profitable company wanting to buy an office 372 9
- Investor wants shares. How does that work? 234 7
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 309 5
- What should I do for 'free' 810 9
- QuickBooks - Separating expenses from purchases 146 3
- Out of Date Returns, CIS and Determination 157 4
- VAT registration for self employed dentist??? 450 14
- Late filing penalty for personal tax return. Reasonable excuse 515 12
- VAT registration pre-incorporation- wait for TOGC or treat as sale? 131 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,231
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 437
- National Insurance 337
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 331
- Non Resident 259
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 256
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 255
- Franchise income and costs 222
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 163
- Hands on experience of Digita 159