On line filing conundrum
New client and I am registered as her agent. Some weeks ago I started filling out her 10/11 SA return using HMRC web site. I left the return uncompleted as there was missing expenditure which I now have.
Logging back in today, the 2010/11 year is not listed as an option to file, or listed at all . I can view 2009/10 (which the client did on line themselves) and could file a 2011/12 return, but I cannot get into the 21010/11 return. I phoned the technical helpdesk who said that I shouldn't have been able to access the 10/11 return as none was issued and to contact her tax office to request a return be issued. I thought that no automatic requests for returns were issued for tax payers that file oneline and in any event the on line system allows this where no return has been requested.
Interestingly the client has not been fined £100 for a late return - I can only assume that as her income in 09/10 was from employment (she became self employed in October 2010) that HMRC took her out of the SA system.
That of course doesn't explain why the 10/11 return has disappeared. She is paying claSS two nic's so should be expected to send SA's.
What to do?
- Tax repayment for 2013-14 261 6
- Should design costs be capitalised? 53 1
- Sage Payroll 60 3
- Share restructure 346 13
- Belated VAT Exception Application 164 5
- Shouldn't have filed accounts? 451 14
- VAT Deregistration - Final return 38 1
- Should a company include comparative disclosures when no current year balances? 93 4
- Audit Required 216 5
- Enforcing A CCJ 87 2
- VAT query 112 1
- How best to own a 4-way property partnership 244 4
- I have a pain 773 8
- Employment allowance and sage instant payroll 135 1
- Thread deleted. 517 15
- convert directors loan account to share capital 221 7
- non resident receiving UK dividends 112 1
- Need to upgrade from Sage 50 but to what? 205 1
- CGT and PPR and Lettings Relief? 299 6
- P11d error 450 10
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 737
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 505
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 362
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 347
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 267
- VAT on Gaming Machines 219
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 204
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 192
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 183
- Director Loan account operation 156