On line filing conundrum
New client and I am registered as her agent. Some weeks ago I started filling out her 10/11 SA return using HMRC web site. I left the return uncompleted as there was missing expenditure which I now have.
Logging back in today, the 2010/11 year is not listed as an option to file, or listed at all . I can view 2009/10 (which the client did on line themselves) and could file a 2011/12 return, but I cannot get into the 21010/11 return. I phoned the technical helpdesk who said that I shouldn't have been able to access the 10/11 return as none was issued and to contact her tax office to request a return be issued. I thought that no automatic requests for returns were issued for tax payers that file oneline and in any event the on line system allows this where no return has been requested.
Interestingly the client has not been fined £100 for a late return - I can only assume that as her income in 09/10 was from employment (she became self employed in October 2010) that HMRC took her out of the SA system.
That of course doesn't explain why the 10/11 return has disappeared. She is paying claSS two nic's so should be expected to send SA's.
What to do?
- Cash in Hand 38 2
- Buy to let and capitak gain 128 4
- Busines software 118 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 177 6
- Converting a barn for business use 179 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 300 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 305 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 465 10
- are receipts needed? 597 16
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 276 3
- Bookkeping software 712 7
- Clogged Losses 277 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 258 9
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 649 10
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 310 7
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 259 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 120 1
- General tax book with planning 256 5
- Anybody heard of Geniac, the new De Lorean? 194 3
- tax on apprenticeship income 200 1
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 906
- International interest certificate 519
- NOVA 370
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 318
- Management expenses for investment company 272
- Bonus Bonds 264
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 180
- P11D benefit received by widow 159
- EXACT ONLINE 153
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 150