On line filing conundrum
New client and I am registered as her agent. Some weeks ago I started filling out her 10/11 SA return using HMRC web site. I left the return uncompleted as there was missing expenditure which I now have.
Logging back in today, the 2010/11 year is not listed as an option to file, or listed at all . I can view 2009/10 (which the client did on line themselves) and could file a 2011/12 return, but I cannot get into the 21010/11 return. I phoned the technical helpdesk who said that I shouldn't have been able to access the 10/11 return as none was issued and to contact her tax office to request a return be issued. I thought that no automatic requests for returns were issued for tax payers that file oneline and in any event the on line system allows this where no return has been requested.
Interestingly the client has not been fined £100 for a late return - I can only assume that as her income in 09/10 was from employment (she became self employed in October 2010) that HMRC took her out of the SA system.
That of course doesn't explain why the 10/11 return has disappeared. She is paying claSS two nic's so should be expected to send SA's.
What to do?
- why prior period posting will be single entry transaction and it wont have any balance transaction 197 3
- HMRC request for Sage Back Up 1,962 20
- LLP members share of profits 334 17
- Accountancy software for an imac 142 3
- Value pricing 1,983 86
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 544 15
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 401 13
- PAYE Coding Notices 448 7
- March RTI Submission 121 1
- VT accounts licence key 535 9
- Can UK ACCA Practice prepare accounts for Indian company? 91 1
- SDLT implications on an informal lease 82 1
- SDLT on land 89 2
- Renewable Heat Incentive Income - Taxable? 100 1
- VAT Option to tax 245 1
- From Ireland. Self-Employed or Foreign Income? 94 2
- Current tax asset 128 2
- Grants 190 5
- Tricky VAT question 421 4
- Audit Required 981 20
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 876
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 613
- Free Tax Legislation? 361
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 353
- Director Loan account operation 351
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 311
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 298
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 281
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 271
- Paye procedures for CVA 202