On line filing conundrum
New client and I am registered as her agent. Some weeks ago I started filling out her 10/11 SA return using HMRC web site. I left the return uncompleted as there was missing expenditure which I now have.
Logging back in today, the 2010/11 year is not listed as an option to file, or listed at all . I can view 2009/10 (which the client did on line themselves) and could file a 2011/12 return, but I cannot get into the 21010/11 return. I phoned the technical helpdesk who said that I shouldn't have been able to access the 10/11 return as none was issued and to contact her tax office to request a return be issued. I thought that no automatic requests for returns were issued for tax payers that file oneline and in any event the on line system allows this where no return has been requested.
Interestingly the client has not been fined £100 for a late return - I can only assume that as her income in 09/10 was from employment (she became self employed in October 2010) that HMRC took her out of the SA system.
That of course doesn't explain why the 10/11 return has disappeared. She is paying claSS two nic's so should be expected to send SA's.
What to do?
- Self-assessment statistics 2,474 59
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 222 5
- Transmission of ISA 51 2
- Bench-marking software, any ideas? 193 2
- Next Move 716 20
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 193 2
- Not renewing AAT 677 9
- CGT of shares gifted 383 6
- New dividend taxation 510 3
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,801 51
- Co purchase printed materials from EU - VAT 167 1
- Company car v company allowance 294 1
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 438 9
- Company formation and bank account 446 9
- Owning overseas property 356 2
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 291 1
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 289 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 711 8
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 742 9
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 290 2
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 668
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 409
- Property letting & CAs 399
- 2015 tax year end 396
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 395
- FCA regulated company in a small group 347
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 322
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 241
- Costly Accounting Software contract 214
- DTA tie-breaker issue 212