On line filing conundrum
New client and I am registered as her agent. Some weeks ago I started filling out her 10/11 SA return using HMRC web site. I left the return uncompleted as there was missing expenditure which I now have.
Logging back in today, the 2010/11 year is not listed as an option to file, or listed at all . I can view 2009/10 (which the client did on line themselves) and could file a 2011/12 return, but I cannot get into the 21010/11 return. I phoned the technical helpdesk who said that I shouldn't have been able to access the 10/11 return as none was issued and to contact her tax office to request a return be issued. I thought that no automatic requests for returns were issued for tax payers that file oneline and in any event the on line system allows this where no return has been requested.
Interestingly the client has not been fined £100 for a late return - I can only assume that as her income in 09/10 was from employment (she became self employed in October 2010) that HMRC took her out of the SA system.
That of course doesn't explain why the 10/11 return has disappeared. She is paying claSS two nic's so should be expected to send SA's.
What to do?
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 175 4
- SA302 299 7
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 257 4
- US Employment Income - Double Tax Treaty 277 13
- Bringing money to Uk 255 4
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 265 5
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 194 4
- Go Cardless 340 9
- Hmrc software 232 3
- Mehjoo 273 1
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 122 1
- Hosted email exchange 176 5
- South African Government Pension 182 1
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 299 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 311 13
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 247 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 152 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 291 7
- New Email Extensions 210 1
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 326 2
- Xtuple 512
- Qtac payroll for bureau 351
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 295
- Industrial & Provident Societies 286
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 228
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 187
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 185
- Domain name sale and limited company 173
- CIS schemes 167
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 147