On line filing conundrum
New client and I am registered as her agent. Some weeks ago I started filling out her 10/11 SA return using HMRC web site. I left the return uncompleted as there was missing expenditure which I now have.
Logging back in today, the 2010/11 year is not listed as an option to file, or listed at all . I can view 2009/10 (which the client did on line themselves) and could file a 2011/12 return, but I cannot get into the 21010/11 return. I phoned the technical helpdesk who said that I shouldn't have been able to access the 10/11 return as none was issued and to contact her tax office to request a return be issued. I thought that no automatic requests for returns were issued for tax payers that file oneline and in any event the on line system allows this where no return has been requested.
Interestingly the client has not been fined £100 for a late return - I can only assume that as her income in 09/10 was from employment (she became self employed in October 2010) that HMRC took her out of the SA system.
That of course doesn't explain why the 10/11 return has disappeared. She is paying claSS two nic's so should be expected to send SA's.
What to do?
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 317 9
- Barrister "M25 Patch"? 319 4
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 567 22
- SDLT 318 9
- Windows 10 anyone? 277 7
- Can an owner hold company money 196 5
- Digita Accounts Production Advanced - general perception 378 13
- Entrepreneurs Relief, and then new company 440 9
- Ireland 433 1
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 230 5
- Bankstream 1,103 26
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 946 17
- Class 2 NIC 116 2
- Benefit in Kind 219 7
- Dutch Accountant 438 1
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 149 1
- FACTA form help with CRS definitions for SSAS 197 4
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 829 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,626 34
- Restricted interest relief 159 2
- ACCA Shenanigans subject of EDM 832
- Benchmark accounting software 684
- Members in Public Practice 513
- Sole trader registering for the first time 320
- Oplex Careers CPD 320
- What are HMRC implying? 283
- VAT 256
- My own & spouse's Irish returns & ROS 241
- Payroll manager and the cloud 212
- Is the APN valid 193