On line filing conundrum
New client and I am registered as her agent. Some weeks ago I started filling out her 10/11 SA return using HMRC web site. I left the return uncompleted as there was missing expenditure which I now have.
Logging back in today, the 2010/11 year is not listed as an option to file, or listed at all . I can view 2009/10 (which the client did on line themselves) and could file a 2011/12 return, but I cannot get into the 21010/11 return. I phoned the technical helpdesk who said that I shouldn't have been able to access the 10/11 return as none was issued and to contact her tax office to request a return be issued. I thought that no automatic requests for returns were issued for tax payers that file oneline and in any event the on line system allows this where no return has been requested.
Interestingly the client has not been fined £100 for a late return - I can only assume that as her income in 09/10 was from employment (she became self employed in October 2010) that HMRC took her out of the SA system.
That of course doesn't explain why the 10/11 return has disappeared. She is paying claSS two nic's so should be expected to send SA's.
What to do?
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,688 39
- Holiday Pay whilst on Mat Leave 70 1
- Accounts Software 132 5
- HMRC Agents Line 198 4
- calculation DTR restriction 81 1
- Company Director In Prison 450 11
- SMP reclaimable by employer 68 1
- AWeb - download file 169 3
- Charity work 236 11
- Help with HMRC investigation 252 6
- Director Drawings 164 5
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 264 13
- Managing Employee Expenses 227 7
- Collection or business assets 108 1
- Incorporated when they should not have 271 8
- Tax position re this lease? 371 9
- Do I need a smartphone? 728 23
- Is compensation for surrender of a lease subject to VAT 105 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,675 70
- IHT 205 partnership and business interests 91 2
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 679
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 519
- Cancelled 427
- Cancelled 365
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 362
- Probiz 336
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 327
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 243
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 216
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 203