On line filing conundrum
New client and I am registered as her agent. Some weeks ago I started filling out her 10/11 SA return using HMRC web site. I left the return uncompleted as there was missing expenditure which I now have.
Logging back in today, the 2010/11 year is not listed as an option to file, or listed at all . I can view 2009/10 (which the client did on line themselves) and could file a 2011/12 return, but I cannot get into the 21010/11 return. I phoned the technical helpdesk who said that I shouldn't have been able to access the 10/11 return as none was issued and to contact her tax office to request a return be issued. I thought that no automatic requests for returns were issued for tax payers that file oneline and in any event the on line system allows this where no return has been requested.
Interestingly the client has not been fined £100 for a late return - I can only assume that as her income in 09/10 was from employment (she became self employed in October 2010) that HMRC took her out of the SA system.
That of course doesn't explain why the 10/11 return has disappeared. She is paying claSS two nic's so should be expected to send SA's.
What to do?
- private to company car? 120 3
- Does Freeholder have to be director of our RTM Company? 199 13
- How much to charge for Ltd company accounts ? 422 6
- Buy to let allowable interest 71 2
- We accountants are not the only ones!! 67 1
- Partner with an IVA 135 5
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 893 33
- Your fondest calculator memories 526 26
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 401 11
- Has been asked before but help needed 215 7
- Anyone having problems with IRIS OpenSpace? 204 6
- Is a Mercedes Vito a van for tax purposes? 295 4
- Can't understand my own electricity / gas bills 324 13
- Consequential loss claim 60 1
- Does anyone do payrolling of benefits? 128 1
- Sub-contractor provided with a vehicle 237 8
- Sale of an investment between group companies 107 4
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 402 12
- RTI - EPS - ??? 272 4
- That old chestnut 610 9
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 449
- CTA study material 411
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 299
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 273
- Pre incorp expenses 265
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 234
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 228
- Slight twist on employment related securities 203
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 176
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 173