On line filing conundrum
New client and I am registered as her agent. Some weeks ago I started filling out her 10/11 SA return using HMRC web site. I left the return uncompleted as there was missing expenditure which I now have.
Logging back in today, the 2010/11 year is not listed as an option to file, or listed at all . I can view 2009/10 (which the client did on line themselves) and could file a 2011/12 return, but I cannot get into the 21010/11 return. I phoned the technical helpdesk who said that I shouldn't have been able to access the 10/11 return as none was issued and to contact her tax office to request a return be issued. I thought that no automatic requests for returns were issued for tax payers that file oneline and in any event the on line system allows this where no return has been requested.
Interestingly the client has not been fined £100 for a late return - I can only assume that as her income in 09/10 was from employment (she became self employed in October 2010) that HMRC took her out of the SA system.
That of course doesn't explain why the 10/11 return has disappeared. She is paying claSS two nic's so should be expected to send SA's.
What to do?
- FIFA game and making money 96 3
- Any Scottish members out there? 6,277 230
- Being Tax relevant 367 3
- 50% Shareholder & Director stealing money from the business 107 2
- Client has never prepared tax returns 318 2
- Kind of shares to take in an LTD 98 2
- Recycle old study books 399 10
- Tax investigation pending 1,380 8
- Trademark Fun 247 7
- CIS paid on behalf of a limited company 83 2
- Distribution on cessation of trade 226 4
- Anti Money Laundering Checks 153 1
- Changing font size in VT Transaction+ 223 6
- What's your best practice shortcut or 'hack'? 1,534 38
- Can I strike off a company by filing DS01 online? 234 2
- VAT Fuel Scale Charge for Fuel on Private/Personal Car 195 3
- Subsistence - god I hate it! 717 14
- How to issue a loan correctly? 240 2
- Would Director's dividends on non-voting C shares risk being classed as "earnings" for NIC purposes? 201 1
- Share for share exchange 176 3
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,062
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 345
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 291
- National Insurance 246
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 226
- Joint construction arrangement CIS and VAT 224
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 210
- Payments on account coded out?? 204
- Non Resident 164
- Franchise income and costs 154