On line filing conundrum
New client and I am registered as her agent. Some weeks ago I started filling out her 10/11 SA return using HMRC web site. I left the return uncompleted as there was missing expenditure which I now have.
Logging back in today, the 2010/11 year is not listed as an option to file, or listed at all . I can view 2009/10 (which the client did on line themselves) and could file a 2011/12 return, but I cannot get into the 21010/11 return. I phoned the technical helpdesk who said that I shouldn't have been able to access the 10/11 return as none was issued and to contact her tax office to request a return be issued. I thought that no automatic requests for returns were issued for tax payers that file oneline and in any event the on line system allows this where no return has been requested.
Interestingly the client has not been fined £100 for a late return - I can only assume that as her income in 09/10 was from employment (she became self employed in October 2010) that HMRC took her out of the SA system.
That of course doesn't explain why the 10/11 return has disappeared. She is paying claSS two nic's so should be expected to send SA's.
What to do?
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 397 8
- Abolish the penalty regime 117 4
- Gift or Capital Gain? 348 11
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 353 8
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 341 8
- BrightPay 651 21
- SDLT on leases 120 1
- Is practising Certificate needed 361 7
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 917 26
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 283 4
- IHT Query 154 3
- Statutary sick pay 193 1
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 282 4
- Director Salary 357 2
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 301 7
- Capital Gain? 430 11
- Reversing out RTI 205 5
- When should i raise VAT invoice after pro-forma payment received? 310 9
- Sage instant bank rec - is it possible to clear past transactions and reconcile from a given month? 284 6
- Classic cars investment 250 7
- Possible Partnership? 449
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 422
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 417
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 365
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 218
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 215
- Clubs and Taxable Income 209
- Income tax on foreign dividends 197
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 193
- New Fangled Penalties 173