On line filing conundrum
New client and I am registered as her agent. Some weeks ago I started filling out her 10/11 SA return using HMRC web site. I left the return uncompleted as there was missing expenditure which I now have.
Logging back in today, the 2010/11 year is not listed as an option to file, or listed at all . I can view 2009/10 (which the client did on line themselves) and could file a 2011/12 return, but I cannot get into the 21010/11 return. I phoned the technical helpdesk who said that I shouldn't have been able to access the 10/11 return as none was issued and to contact her tax office to request a return be issued. I thought that no automatic requests for returns were issued for tax payers that file oneline and in any event the on line system allows this where no return has been requested.
Interestingly the client has not been fined £100 for a late return - I can only assume that as her income in 09/10 was from employment (she became self employed in October 2010) that HMRC took her out of the SA system.
That of course doesn't explain why the 10/11 return has disappeared. She is paying claSS two nic's so should be expected to send SA's.
What to do?
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,325 14
- IR35 deemed payment and dividends - practical considerations 169 3
- VAT on Hire Purchase 189 2
- "Audit Report" 90 1
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 485 13
- Coding Notice 233 6
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 252 6
- New business - journal entries 416 22
- Is CGT roll over relief available for let property 228 3
- Payroll software 654 16
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 280 5
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 401 10
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 738 18
- B2B vat in the EU 195 4
- Samadian effect on self employed student support workers 204 4
- Changes to class 2 NIC's 238 3
- Client RTI Shows payments not his 201 4
- LLP as member of LLP 143 1
- Why should I retain membership? 2,853 48
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 525 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 877
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 723
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 415
- Social investment tax relief 220
- Digita Hosted Software 215
- Call Centre Data Costs 204
- accounting for this transaction 198
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 174
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 174
- Travel costs and contractors 174