On line filing conundrum
New client and I am registered as her agent. Some weeks ago I started filling out her 10/11 SA return using HMRC web site. I left the return uncompleted as there was missing expenditure which I now have.
Logging back in today, the 2010/11 year is not listed as an option to file, or listed at all . I can view 2009/10 (which the client did on line themselves) and could file a 2011/12 return, but I cannot get into the 21010/11 return. I phoned the technical helpdesk who said that I shouldn't have been able to access the 10/11 return as none was issued and to contact her tax office to request a return be issued. I thought that no automatic requests for returns were issued for tax payers that file oneline and in any event the on line system allows this where no return has been requested.
Interestingly the client has not been fined £100 for a late return - I can only assume that as her income in 09/10 was from employment (she became self employed in October 2010) that HMRC took her out of the SA system.
That of course doesn't explain why the 10/11 return has disappeared. She is paying claSS two nic's so should be expected to send SA's.
What to do?
- Any point writing to HMRC to appeal against self assessment penalties ? 33 1
- Dividend payment date 1,889 33
- Hollyoaks cast - changes due to Social Security Regulations 2,713 18
- Garage Conversion -Ltd Company Office 131 2
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 138 5
- Director hired as an individual 81 2
- Real names 539 20
- VAT charge needed on van sale? 109 2
- Company Secretarial Software 1,289 27
- Agricultural Land Hold Over and Roll Over 96 2
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 213 2
- Taxfiler - is it really good? 198 6
- Tax relief on licence costs 125 1
- Who owns the data 238 3
- Clarification over - VAT Box 8 - Flat rate scheme 165 5
- Sole Trader Fees 121 1
- Loan interest rental property 197 5
- Theatre as charitable company 51 1
- Peer to Peer lending 147 5
- What's the plural? 681 14
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 569
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 434
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 337
- IFA incorporation 315
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 301
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 297
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 252
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 240
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 234
- Sorry ignore me 233