On line filing conundrum
New client and I am registered as her agent. Some weeks ago I started filling out her 10/11 SA return using HMRC web site. I left the return uncompleted as there was missing expenditure which I now have.
Logging back in today, the 2010/11 year is not listed as an option to file, or listed at all . I can view 2009/10 (which the client did on line themselves) and could file a 2011/12 return, but I cannot get into the 21010/11 return. I phoned the technical helpdesk who said that I shouldn't have been able to access the 10/11 return as none was issued and to contact her tax office to request a return be issued. I thought that no automatic requests for returns were issued for tax payers that file oneline and in any event the on line system allows this where no return has been requested.
Interestingly the client has not been fined £100 for a late return - I can only assume that as her income in 09/10 was from employment (she became self employed in October 2010) that HMRC took her out of the SA system.
That of course doesn't explain why the 10/11 return has disappeared. She is paying claSS two nic's so should be expected to send SA's.
What to do?
- Xero - Should I partner with them 370 7
- Transferring debts between company balance sheets. 122 6
- Small Company sold building, how to show in accounts 205 6
- Contract Hire Van, reclaiming input VAT 194 2
- Just for fun. 1,245 46
- Directors Share Purchase 328 14
- Xero Training 101 1
- Landlord possible penalties for late registration for self assessment 368 13
- Is interest still due? 315 8
- Dividend Waiver 145 3
- where do we send the request for a residence certificate 413 10
- How to avoid a bankruptcy 644 15
- Spam blocking 799 41
- reduce rate VAT on conversion from 2 to 1 dwelling 146 4
- Entrepreneur's Relief - Disposal over a period of time 145 2
- What is IRIS World like? 100 2
- Claiming back VAT for property developing company 153 5
- AML checks 108 2
- Subject to tax and NIC? 279 8
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 469 3
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 396
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 372
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 348
- Perkbox 329
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 278
- Document Management Systems 266
- WIP Software 258
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 192
- Nomisma feedback? 183
- No payroll scheme in place 183