On line filing conundrum
New client and I am registered as her agent. Some weeks ago I started filling out her 10/11 SA return using HMRC web site. I left the return uncompleted as there was missing expenditure which I now have.
Logging back in today, the 2010/11 year is not listed as an option to file, or listed at all . I can view 2009/10 (which the client did on line themselves) and could file a 2011/12 return, but I cannot get into the 21010/11 return. I phoned the technical helpdesk who said that I shouldn't have been able to access the 10/11 return as none was issued and to contact her tax office to request a return be issued. I thought that no automatic requests for returns were issued for tax payers that file oneline and in any event the on line system allows this where no return has been requested.
Interestingly the client has not been fined £100 for a late return - I can only assume that as her income in 09/10 was from employment (she became self employed in October 2010) that HMRC took her out of the SA system.
That of course doesn't explain why the 10/11 return has disappeared. She is paying claSS two nic's so should be expected to send SA's.
What to do?
- Easy way to not pay tax 672 18
- Holding companies 13 1
- Accomodation charge for Publican 97 2
- Client died family to pay redundancy 53 1
- VAT & Landlords 24 1
- VAT Registration 323 16
- Singaporean Tax Adviser 29 1
- Valuation of PET on death 200 6
- Auto enrolment 842 10
- Unusual Self Employment Expense Claims? 238 4
- Payment for goods received on last day of quarter but refunded the next - what options are open here? 404 17
- Vat on second hand goods 164 2
- Soil Survey Required Mortgage 123 4
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 625 17
- another ir35!!!! 836 3
- Entrepreneur's relief and LLPs 163 3
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 1,955 39
- Pre- trading Expenses 226 3
- Dividend payments and shareholdings 259 4
- RTI error - two of the same employer - what to do 144 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,511
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 836
- International interest certificate 454
- NOVA 308
- Bonus Bonds 191
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 188
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 185
- Management expenses for investment company 183
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 171
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 164