On line filing conundrum
New client and I am registered as her agent. Some weeks ago I started filling out her 10/11 SA return using HMRC web site. I left the return uncompleted as there was missing expenditure which I now have.
Logging back in today, the 2010/11 year is not listed as an option to file, or listed at all . I can view 2009/10 (which the client did on line themselves) and could file a 2011/12 return, but I cannot get into the 21010/11 return. I phoned the technical helpdesk who said that I shouldn't have been able to access the 10/11 return as none was issued and to contact her tax office to request a return be issued. I thought that no automatic requests for returns were issued for tax payers that file oneline and in any event the on line system allows this where no return has been requested.
Interestingly the client has not been fined £100 for a late return - I can only assume that as her income in 09/10 was from employment (she became self employed in October 2010) that HMRC took her out of the SA system.
That of course doesn't explain why the 10/11 return has disappeared. She is paying claSS two nic's so should be expected to send SA's.
What to do?
- Entertaining - am I missing something or is my client taking the mickey 661 6
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 691 19
- Sage Priority Support 95 2
- incorrect old p60 124 1
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 486 4
- VAT on new builds 118 2
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 347 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 125 1
- Pensions Auto-Enrolment when no computer/internet access 118 1
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 138 1
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,844 26
- Missing tax return 180 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 920 24
- CG on Spanish property disposal 276 8
- SSAS Pension scheme 165 2
- Quick Income tax calculation question! 557 18
- Physiotherapy 246 3
- Inflation and fees 1,219 20
- Capital allowances not claimed 170 3
- Changing shareholding ratio 284 8