On line filing conundrum
New client and I am registered as her agent. Some weeks ago I started filling out her 10/11 SA return using HMRC web site. I left the return uncompleted as there was missing expenditure which I now have.
Logging back in today, the 2010/11 year is not listed as an option to file, or listed at all . I can view 2009/10 (which the client did on line themselves) and could file a 2011/12 return, but I cannot get into the 21010/11 return. I phoned the technical helpdesk who said that I shouldn't have been able to access the 10/11 return as none was issued and to contact her tax office to request a return be issued. I thought that no automatic requests for returns were issued for tax payers that file oneline and in any event the on line system allows this where no return has been requested.
Interestingly the client has not been fined £100 for a late return - I can only assume that as her income in 09/10 was from employment (she became self employed in October 2010) that HMRC took her out of the SA system.
That of course doesn't explain why the 10/11 return has disappeared. She is paying claSS two nic's so should be expected to send SA's.
What to do?
- Accountex speakers 155 1
- Sale of overseas investment property 15 1
- How far back can a direct debit be claimed back by client? 709 6
- Interim dividends 269 7
- WIP valuation at year end 92 2
- Business loan not in client's name 182 3
- PAYE & NIC 412 23
- Help with small charity CT600 please!! 424 5
- Company Payroll 269 3
- How do I tackle fraudulent use of a clients SA tax return? 1,182 8
- Late leaver notification 418 8
- What does PITA mean? 922 22
- Any printer recommendations? 253 7
- Corporation Tax disallowed entertaining 352 5
- proposed dividends 722 23
- Car fuel benefit - changing basis 184 2
- VAT on Exhibition services 173 4
- Dates, more dates and cessation 156 2
- Out of date tax returns 316 2
- Filling in my self assessment 1,023 17
- Sanzar 506
- Digital marketing focus group 404
- Sage troubleshooting for employee who has previously claimed SMP 385
- Are commercial mortgage cashbacks subject to Corporation Tax ? 347
- Sainsbury's mangement 343
- Continuity Agreement 333
- Avanti Accounts 331
- Buyback 290
- Entrepreneurs' relief (ER) for EMI shares 239
- Aggresive sales from Iris 213