On line filing conundrum
New client and I am registered as her agent. Some weeks ago I started filling out her 10/11 SA return using HMRC web site. I left the return uncompleted as there was missing expenditure which I now have.
Logging back in today, the 2010/11 year is not listed as an option to file, or listed at all . I can view 2009/10 (which the client did on line themselves) and could file a 2011/12 return, but I cannot get into the 21010/11 return. I phoned the technical helpdesk who said that I shouldn't have been able to access the 10/11 return as none was issued and to contact her tax office to request a return be issued. I thought that no automatic requests for returns were issued for tax payers that file oneline and in any event the on line system allows this where no return has been requested.
Interestingly the client has not been fined £100 for a late return - I can only assume that as her income in 09/10 was from employment (she became self employed in October 2010) that HMRC took her out of the SA system.
That of course doesn't explain why the 10/11 return has disappeared. She is paying claSS two nic's so should be expected to send SA's.
What to do?
- Newly Started Practice 386 8
- Property income 93 2
- VAT rules on Compensation invoice to EU company 89 3
- error on companies house accounts 336 9
- problems getting through to the ACCA technical helpline 198 5
- Home to Office 99 3
- Clients 220 4
- Commission on holiday accrual 137 2
- Benefit in kind calc, s.106 ITEPA 181 4
- Any Answers changes - feedback required 3,428 111
- VAT reclaim on costs incurred for VAT exempt services 100 1
- Are these allowable capital expenditures for a jewellery retail shop? 159 1
- IR35 calc - which months' E'ees NICs and PAYE to include? 136 3
- Excel 2010 pivot table rows 57 1
- VAT rules on recharge sales invoice 103 1
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 306 6
- Extension of lease in flat management company 162 2
- Client's company struck off 692 18
- 2010-11 tax return is incorrect 121 1
- Overtime etc for PT employees 215 3
- QROP pension input amounts 479
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 451
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 423
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 273
- EPS and CIS deductions 267
- Construction CIS LLP Company 249
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 219
- SAGE winforecast 185
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 175
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 174