On line filing conundrum
New client and I am registered as her agent. Some weeks ago I started filling out her 10/11 SA return using HMRC web site. I left the return uncompleted as there was missing expenditure which I now have.
Logging back in today, the 2010/11 year is not listed as an option to file, or listed at all . I can view 2009/10 (which the client did on line themselves) and could file a 2011/12 return, but I cannot get into the 21010/11 return. I phoned the technical helpdesk who said that I shouldn't have been able to access the 10/11 return as none was issued and to contact her tax office to request a return be issued. I thought that no automatic requests for returns were issued for tax payers that file oneline and in any event the on line system allows this where no return has been requested.
Interestingly the client has not been fined £100 for a late return - I can only assume that as her income in 09/10 was from employment (she became self employed in October 2010) that HMRC took her out of the SA system.
That of course doesn't explain why the 10/11 return has disappeared. She is paying claSS two nic's so should be expected to send SA's.
What to do?
- It gets worse ! 336 2
- PCTR for Audit Qualification 86 1
- Building premises bought on 99 year lease 76 1
- Client refusing to change basis period 182 6
- Companies House Authentication code 202 9
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,979 66
- Is an apprenticship classed as another job for PAYE RTI rules 174 2
- RBS asking client to switch accountant 459 8
- VAT on converting Commercial property to residential 52 2
- Payroll Software Recommendations 308 10
- P60 Plain Paper from Sage Payroll 343 15
- saturday staff 407 4
- Sports Club - Option to tax 52 1
- Highlighting a line on cell click 63 4
- Looking for free PDF creator 1,448 42
- Moving from Moneysoft to another payroll product 523 12
- Free accounts system for small business? 363 6
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 647 15
- Rights of Alphabet shares 350 13
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 264 3
- Xtuple 586
- Qtac payroll for bureau 411
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 356
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 229
- Tax on damages received 210
- Accounts consolidation spreadsheet 173
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 165
- PTP Software 157
- Accounting for commercial lease with break clause 141
- Software for Belgium Company 140