On line filing conundrum
New client and I am registered as her agent. Some weeks ago I started filling out her 10/11 SA return using HMRC web site. I left the return uncompleted as there was missing expenditure which I now have.
Logging back in today, the 2010/11 year is not listed as an option to file, or listed at all . I can view 2009/10 (which the client did on line themselves) and could file a 2011/12 return, but I cannot get into the 21010/11 return. I phoned the technical helpdesk who said that I shouldn't have been able to access the 10/11 return as none was issued and to contact her tax office to request a return be issued. I thought that no automatic requests for returns were issued for tax payers that file oneline and in any event the on line system allows this where no return has been requested.
Interestingly the client has not been fined £100 for a late return - I can only assume that as her income in 09/10 was from employment (she became self employed in October 2010) that HMRC took her out of the SA system.
That of course doesn't explain why the 10/11 return has disappeared. She is paying claSS two nic's so should be expected to send SA's.
What to do?
- Capital gain? 56 3
- Are clients getting more stupid? 1,236 21
- Construction Industry Allowable expenses 258 8
- Accounts production software license expiry & possible alternatives 282 6
- Recharge for private use of a company car 344 8
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 408 8
- vat help for catering concession 271 10
- IHT dilemma 1,152 17
- Tax return software for remote working 225 3
- CGT 328 14
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 311 1
- Interest paid to non-UK company - Deduction 105 2
- Compliance check 502 13
- sole trader accountant 779 14
- Entrepreneurs Relief 395 15
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 600 21
- More AE! 488 11
- How to classify an asset 151 3
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 283 2
- when a charity makes a donation.... 180 4
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,078
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 776
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 460
- Digita Hosted Software 277
- Call Centre Data Costs 246
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 221
- Credit where credit's due....... 212
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 200
- Married Couples Allowance wasted? 184
- Director phone costs 145