On line filing conundrum
New client and I am registered as her agent. Some weeks ago I started filling out her 10/11 SA return using HMRC web site. I left the return uncompleted as there was missing expenditure which I now have.
Logging back in today, the 2010/11 year is not listed as an option to file, or listed at all . I can view 2009/10 (which the client did on line themselves) and could file a 2011/12 return, but I cannot get into the 21010/11 return. I phoned the technical helpdesk who said that I shouldn't have been able to access the 10/11 return as none was issued and to contact her tax office to request a return be issued. I thought that no automatic requests for returns were issued for tax payers that file oneline and in any event the on line system allows this where no return has been requested.
Interestingly the client has not been fined £100 for a late return - I can only assume that as her income in 09/10 was from employment (she became self employed in October 2010) that HMRC took her out of the SA system.
That of course doesn't explain why the 10/11 return has disappeared. She is paying claSS two nic's so should be expected to send SA's.
What to do?
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 497 20
- Company dividends 368 12
- Tax return filed on time but payment late 382 6
- SA late payment penalty 164 3
- Death of taxpayer - personal allowance 283 8
- No codes in Sage 50 Nominal List? 84 1
- Copy Wanted 635 1
- Might income tax be payable on these gifts? 91 2
- How Long does it take to get an Agent ID 97 2
- Private Residence Relief after gift 101 3
- Software 305 7
- Companies House late filing penalties 2,409 81
- Buy to let property : Is parking bay tax deductible ? 255 5
- When is golf coaching a vatable supply? 162 2
- Comany ceasing to trade 152 2
- French resident, split year & UK close company dividends 115 1
- Closing a limited company 209 5
- Rental Income for Child Benefit Charge 149 2
- Obtaining old payslips & correcting historic tax overpayment 141 3
- Window Comb Binder Cover 354 6
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 852
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 540
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 510
- Latest phishing scam 397
- Entrepreneurs' relief 372
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 329
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 310
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 299
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 211
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 190