On line filing conundrum
New client and I am registered as her agent. Some weeks ago I started filling out her 10/11 SA return using HMRC web site. I left the return uncompleted as there was missing expenditure which I now have.
Logging back in today, the 2010/11 year is not listed as an option to file, or listed at all . I can view 2009/10 (which the client did on line themselves) and could file a 2011/12 return, but I cannot get into the 21010/11 return. I phoned the technical helpdesk who said that I shouldn't have been able to access the 10/11 return as none was issued and to contact her tax office to request a return be issued. I thought that no automatic requests for returns were issued for tax payers that file oneline and in any event the on line system allows this where no return has been requested.
Interestingly the client has not been fined £100 for a late return - I can only assume that as her income in 09/10 was from employment (she became self employed in October 2010) that HMRC took her out of the SA system.
That of course doesn't explain why the 10/11 return has disappeared. She is paying claSS two nic's so should be expected to send SA's.
What to do?
- Seeking advice: Paying Funeral Costs 505 6
- Sole Director Limited Company and Childcare..hat is most tax efficient way to do it? 269 4
- Late registration for MOSS 198 4
- Professional Clearance 1,006 24
- Self employed care worker 406 9
- Self Assessment statement credit balances unallocated and getting repayment 232 5
- Client right to working papers 141 2
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 318 7
- Illegal share transfer 424 5
- Audacity 853 16
- Uk vat on supply of training services to South African Airline? 146 2
- Company Strike off 1,798 30
- Soca or not to soca 2,073 34
- How to deal with an employee's at work car parking cost, paid for by the company 370 3
- Estate admin practicalities 207 1
- Cloud Accounting Software for Practitioners 1,472 23
- Duplicate employments caused by works numbers on Sage 311 5
- Cheapest PI insurance for accountant available? 1,774 31
- Joint owners of rental properties 339 6
- Capital stated on incorporation too low by several orders of magnitude. 329 2
- NHS finance professionals 526
- VAL231 406
- Mother and son property ownership 364
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 353
- Foreign Pension Contribution 328
- Fines for late submission of the RDR 302
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 279
- vat gross profit percentage margins 267
- Incorporated LLP partners, CIS and IR35 262
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 249