On line filing conundrum
New client and I am registered as her agent. Some weeks ago I started filling out her 10/11 SA return using HMRC web site. I left the return uncompleted as there was missing expenditure which I now have.
Logging back in today, the 2010/11 year is not listed as an option to file, or listed at all . I can view 2009/10 (which the client did on line themselves) and could file a 2011/12 return, but I cannot get into the 21010/11 return. I phoned the technical helpdesk who said that I shouldn't have been able to access the 10/11 return as none was issued and to contact her tax office to request a return be issued. I thought that no automatic requests for returns were issued for tax payers that file oneline and in any event the on line system allows this where no return has been requested.
Interestingly the client has not been fined £100 for a late return - I can only assume that as her income in 09/10 was from employment (she became self employed in October 2010) that HMRC took her out of the SA system.
That of course doesn't explain why the 10/11 return has disappeared. She is paying claSS two nic's so should be expected to send SA's.
What to do?
- I've not operated a payroll - will i get charged on late PAYE payments? 372 7
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 23 1
- How much of your work is admin? 35 1
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 1,845 16
- HMRC Let Property Campaign 1,767 19
- Goodwill complications 108 2
- Personal pension 192 3
- Practical Courses - Accounts Prep 110 1
- VAT Registration for locum Doctors 278 7
- IRIS Accounts Production - Dividends shown in P&L? 227 6
- Late Registration for VAT 108 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 985 25
- Gov.UK - can we have HMRC.gov.uk back? 960 26
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,142 12
- property development 263 8
- Registering a company late 179 5
- Business rates consultancy 116 2
- sale of house 632 18
- Corporation tax penalty 1,515 9
- Part Disposal of Freehold 323 13
- TheTax Donut 996
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 656
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 612
- Follower cases 475
- Hive up 400
- Limited company purchase of property 399
- corporate hierarchy 372
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 368
- LIVE chat, starting now 306
- AIA or IFA 202