Online retailer clients
I would be grateful for views/experience on taking on an online retailer client. I do not have any clients in this field.
I have a potential client who lives in Sweden and has an online retail business in Sweden. He would like to do the same in UK. UK would be a separate business with a UK website. He has setup a company in UK. He will also open a UK business bank account. Goods would be bought from China. In the first two years the turnover would be below the VAT threshold.
Good sold would be Apple accessories in the main.
Would you take on a UK online retailer? What are the headaches I should know about?
Should I add a 40% premium to my normal fee for the likely headaches?
- Goodie bag 1,176 42
- Directors loan - no longer a director 469 9
- Transfer of properties to a limited company stamp duty 243 10
- BrightPay 837 25
- We contribute a percentage of employees' salaries to a pension scheme set up by them - do we need to get involved in auto-enrolment? 499 6
- Budget 2015 predictions 461 11
- Husband Wife let property 278 7
- Charities and VAT? 82 3
- Secure document exchange 486 5
- Paying Harvest casuals and casual beaters 142 2
- VAT registration 62 1
- Quickbooks Online 162 3
- Awkward shareholder (sister) 454 4
- Film Actors - Averaging? 224 6
- Dividends against directors loan 123 1
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,382 87
- Sponsorship/ Advertising 126 1
- Output tax for retailer 290 7
- IR 35 deemed payment calc 349 7
- Back-dated VAT 143 2
- Possible Partnership? 626
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 510
- New Fangled Penalties 435
- Fuming! 332
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 311
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 246
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 227
- Outsource Data Entry 226
- Moving away from CCH software 216
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 167