Online retailer clients
I would be grateful for views/experience on taking on an online retailer client. I do not have any clients in this field.
I have a potential client who lives in Sweden and has an online retail business in Sweden. He would like to do the same in UK. UK would be a separate business with a UK website. He has setup a company in UK. He will also open a UK business bank account. Goods would be bought from China. In the first two years the turnover would be below the VAT threshold.
Good sold would be Apple accessories in the main.
Would you take on a UK online retailer? What are the headaches I should know about?
Should I add a 40% premium to my normal fee for the likely headaches?
- TaxCalc Accounts production 116 2
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 366 8
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 206 3
- Running two businesses from the same premises 400 5
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 72 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,361 42
- How much of your work is admin? 625 5
- Nominal Ledger 388 11
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 573 20
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 188 2
- Old CGT loss 207 3
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 180 3
- Paper tax return 156 4
- Start up allowance? 381 12
- Will I need to resign? 203 1
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 246 3
- AIA or IFA 458 7
- Surely not? 463 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 643 9
- Late Registration for VAT 364 11