We have a company which has ceased to trade and its balance sheet comprises simply this (paraphrased):
Distributable reserves £43998
Share capital £2
That's it folks!
They are considering appointing a liquidator to wind up the company. Any income dividends would be subject to higher rate tax.
I am informed that the going rate for a liquidation in these circumstances is around £5K. They have got to be having a giraffe!
I have no personal experience in liquidations, and so I keep an open mind. But would someone please clue me in on what procedures would be involved by an insolvency practicioner to deal with this, and how many chargeable hours that would involve (or any other justification, or is it simply a supply v demand question)?
Perhaps the figure of £5K banded around is off base?
With kind regards
- Withdrawal of a quote 169 5
- Company Number 10000000 934 13
- Online accounting provider for multicompany with turnover £10m 332 5
- CGT on lost shares/scam 142 3
- Anyone else getting these HMRC letters? 396 3
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 1,806 29
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 538 10
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 407 9
- Support / ticketing software 279 9
- Where to follow court cases/rulings 194 3
- HMRC Funding for Employee PAYE refund 325 5
- Are Tax Agents designed out of online systems? 254 2
- Stamp Duty 105 2
- Annual Return for company for whom director/shareholder has died 395 13
- Best software for small practice? 823 24
- Large director's pension contribution 635 10
- Credit for price reduction - Inventory write down effect 137 2
- Car benefit or not? 2,556 26
- substantial shareholding exemption 161 1
- Land Registry 406 5
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 793
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 464
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 282
- DTA tie-breaker issue 279
- CGT for NOn UK residents 239
- Apprenticeship Levy 214
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 206
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 204
- Just checking re PSA 194
- Capital Gains personal representatives 187