We have a company which has ceased to trade and its balance sheet comprises simply this (paraphrased):
Distributable reserves £43998
Share capital £2
That's it folks!
They are considering appointing a liquidator to wind up the company. Any income dividends would be subject to higher rate tax.
I am informed that the going rate for a liquidation in these circumstances is around £5K. They have got to be having a giraffe!
I have no personal experience in liquidations, and so I keep an open mind. But would someone please clue me in on what procedures would be involved by an insolvency practicioner to deal with this, and how many chargeable hours that would involve (or any other justification, or is it simply a supply v demand question)?
Perhaps the figure of £5K banded around is off base?
With kind regards
- Profitable company wanting to buy an office 107 2
- Shadow director or alternative? 450 4
- Does my client qualify for CGT Loss? 65 1
- EIS/SEIS capital gains exemption 71 2
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 1,236 5
- Any Scottish members out there? 9,102 339
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 98 3
- Outsourcing iXBRL Tagging 384 21
- Use of home for storage 304 6
- VAT registration for self employed dentist??? 310 10
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 767 15
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,224 21
- Shutting down losing Directors Loan 338 4
- VAT on stock sold at a loss 200 6
- Commercial property rental on disincorporation 77 1
- property rental income split 233 2
- Payments on account coded out?? 290 1
- Late filing penalty for personal tax return. Reasonable excuse 356 9
- Mortgage deposit Gift 401 17
- What should I do for 'free' 618 6
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,182
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 399
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 312
- National Insurance 306
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 259
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 232
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 232
- Non Resident 216
- Franchise income and costs 199
- Hands on experience of Digita 139