We have a company which has ceased to trade and its balance sheet comprises simply this (paraphrased):
Distributable reserves £43998
Share capital £2
That's it folks!
They are considering appointing a liquidator to wind up the company. Any income dividends would be subject to higher rate tax.
I am informed that the going rate for a liquidation in these circumstances is around £5K. They have got to be having a giraffe!
I have no personal experience in liquidations, and so I keep an open mind. But would someone please clue me in on what procedures would be involved by an insolvency practicioner to deal with this, and how many chargeable hours that would involve (or any other justification, or is it simply a supply v demand question)?
Perhaps the figure of £5K banded around is off base?
With kind regards
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,166 68
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 258 11
- Gift of property & improvements 92 2
- Error in past Corporate tax return 322 5
- VAT Invoice 100 4
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 786 32
- IHT and Swiss Property 110 1
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 192 3
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 151 7
- General tax book with planning 120 1
- Vat code for journal entries of director's expenses 131 2
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 427 10
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 353 8
- Help with tax codes on Sage 240 1
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 175 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 255 4
- Accounting for a finance lease 157 4
- SA302's anyone?? 530 16
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,639 41
- Renting for military reasons 186 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,617
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 898
- International interest certificate 509
- NOVA 367
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 289
- Management expenses for investment company 262
- Bonus Bonds 260
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 171
- tax on apprenticeship income 170
- P11D benefit received by widow 148