We have a company which has ceased to trade and its balance sheet comprises simply this (paraphrased):
Distributable reserves £43998
Share capital £2
That's it folks!
They are considering appointing a liquidator to wind up the company. Any income dividends would be subject to higher rate tax.
I am informed that the going rate for a liquidation in these circumstances is around £5K. They have got to be having a giraffe!
I have no personal experience in liquidations, and so I keep an open mind. But would someone please clue me in on what procedures would be involved by an insolvency practicioner to deal with this, and how many chargeable hours that would involve (or any other justification, or is it simply a supply v demand question)?
Perhaps the figure of £5K banded around is off base?
With kind regards
- Auto enrolment 156 2
- starting a ltd company with intangible assets 100 3
- Registration as self-employed 154 2
- Clients have been told I'm working from home 1,049 15
- Corporation Tax Software 405 12
- VAT on commision and connected persons 88 1
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 673 18
- How to end partnership for HMRC 99 1
- First year's sole trader accounts and 2014/2015 tax return 156 1
- Electric Vehicle company car battery rental - how is it taxed? 110 4
- Regular Director bonus 453 11
- Careers advice - is it worth moving from an SME to a corporate? 153 1
- BrightPay 1,098 35
- HMRC Summons for £14k 543 7
- SA REFUND; DEFRAUDED BY UNKNOWN PARTY 365 5
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 1,124 17
- BIK for an electric car 171 2
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,642 90
- How do I save face? 2,406 14
- Goodie bag 3,122 72
- Possible Partnership? 694
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 538
- Fuming! 519
- New Fangled Penalties 468
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 336
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 278
- Moving away from CCH software 267
- Outsource Data Entry 259
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 259
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 208