LLP Revaluation Reserves - Distributable?
A client has been advised by a tax planning expert that they should invest property into an LLP.
The main advantages being sold to our client are: -
No double tax on exit; LLP interest uplift on death; and that revaluation reserves are distributable and can be used to return capital invested tax free.
I do not see that a revaluation reserve can be paid to the member as a return on their capital invested. Confirmation/correction appreciated!
Any other advantages/pitfalls not widely known?
- Tips on meals 148 2
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 509 10
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 134 3
- Personal Tax 720 13
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 147 2
- Stumped - IHT 110 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 406 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 470 11
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,280 33
- Credit management tools 118 1
- property capital gains 123 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 771 20
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 383 7
- CGT and primary residence 163 1
- Marriage Allowance 258 3
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,149 12
- S455 and February year ends 316 7
- HMRC having technical difficulties 886 18
- Closing down loss-making company 451 5
- S.455 Tax again 287 3