LLP Revaluation Reserves - Distributable?
A client has been advised by a tax planning expert that they should invest property into an LLP.
The main advantages being sold to our client are: -
No double tax on exit; LLP interest uplift on death; and that revaluation reserves are distributable and can be used to return capital invested tax free.
I do not see that a revaluation reserve can be paid to the member as a return on their capital invested. Confirmation/correction appreciated!
Any other advantages/pitfalls not widely known?
- Why should I retain membership? 2,551 44
- Coding Notice 59 1
- Free invoicing software 83 2
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 293 17
- New business - journal entries 205 15
- BTL property solely in wife's name - can she split rental income with husband? 534 15
- CIS deductions against the wrong UTR 240 7
- Looking for BIK v mileage comparison software 153 2
- Capitalised professional fees - with no corresponding asset 399 4
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 658 17
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 333 4
- Trade name 75 1
- Resident Landlord Expenses 181 6
- Samadian effect on self employed student support workers 114 3
- Employee shareholder contracts 104 1
- Lettings expenses 112 2
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 359 12
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 340 11
- Can a sole-trader make pension contributions to avoid loss of personal allowance? 306 9
- PAYE 463 12
- Auto enrolment excuses 738
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 700
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 376
- Social investment tax relief 195
- Digita Hosted Software 188
- Call Centre Data Costs 186
- option to tax 168
- VAT on deposits 162
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 150
- Travel costs and contractors 138