LLP Revaluation Reserves - Distributable?
A client has been advised by a tax planning expert that they should invest property into an LLP.
The main advantages being sold to our client are: -
No double tax on exit; LLP interest uplift on death; and that revaluation reserves are distributable and can be used to return capital invested tax free.
I do not see that a revaluation reserve can be paid to the member as a return on their capital invested. Confirmation/correction appreciated!
Any other advantages/pitfalls not widely known?
- Need qualification back due to clients' banks needing my references 241 8
- Pre- trading Expenses 73 1
- IRIS Practice Management 125 1
- Was I rude 769 19
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 176 5
- Dividend payments and shareholdings 165 3
- Corporation tax due date confusion 297 4
- You cannot be Serious!!! 242 1
- Top slicing relief question 230 2
- Valuation of PET on death 109 2
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 265 6
- Share swap 289 8
- Non Registered trader selling to Malta 88 1
- Online filing 157 5
- Payment for goods received on last day of quarter but refunded the next - what options are open here? 329 13
- New client, prev accountant disappeared 1,714 25
- EC sales list and reverse charge 105 2
- Converting a barn for business use 98 1
- If an invoice is sent and paid does a contract exist 239 9
- Threshold for RTI submission 127 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,477
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 813
- Any views 728
- International interest certificate 445
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 418
- Sale of business 388
- NOVA 282
- IRIS Open Books problem 280
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 197
- Expenses claim for non employee 188