LLP Revaluation Reserves - Distributable?
A client has been advised by a tax planning expert that they should invest property into an LLP.
The main advantages being sold to our client are: -
No double tax on exit; LLP interest uplift on death; and that revaluation reserves are distributable and can be used to return capital invested tax free.
I do not see that a revaluation reserve can be paid to the member as a return on their capital invested. Confirmation/correction appreciated!
Any other advantages/pitfalls not widely known?
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 401 4
- Employment support allowance and self employed 132 3
- Company pays me the mileage rate of a company vehicle 105 1
- Registered Office 155 3
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 1,485 23
- recovery of S455 on informal winding 314 5
- Partnership Registration 113 2
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 909 36
- Owners loan to business - is interest taxable 116 2
- Would this save hours of your time? 692 12
- Audit Required 1,187 22
- HMRC to sell our tax data to private companies 312 9
- Residential Management Companies 96 2
- Value pricing 2,860 37
- Problems with CT600 filing 400 5
- Flat rate scheme - which rate to use? 397 11
- Payroll software for Mac 124 1
- Online / Cloud Data Back Up 124 2
- Excel problem - pivot tables and multiple data sources 218 5
- CIS and Close Company 209 6
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 947
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 661
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 404
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 334
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 263
- Paye procedures for CVA 252
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 251
- Expenses Re-imbursed on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 201
- Compliance Checks - Time limits 194
- Pension Fixed Protection 189