LLP Revaluation Reserves - Distributable?
A client has been advised by a tax planning expert that they should invest property into an LLP.
The main advantages being sold to our client are: -
No double tax on exit; LLP interest uplift on death; and that revaluation reserves are distributable and can be used to return capital invested tax free.
I do not see that a revaluation reserve can be paid to the member as a return on their capital invested. Confirmation/correction appreciated!
Any other advantages/pitfalls not widely known?
- planning to be self employed bookkeeper what do i need to do before i start? 127 2
- Disclosure of pending convertible loan notes? 209 10
- Standard 'email' template system 862 14
- New Client in dispute with old accountant 441 9
- Any Scottish members out there? 7,573 283
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,016 14
- How to complete annual VAT return online? 208 4
- Irish VAT Deferred payment 75 1
- Circular shareholding 216 6
- Starting as sole trader from abroad 180 6
- business card address 285 8
- VAT relief eligibilty for charity buying minibus 210 2
- Declined for business bank account 199 4
- Loan to a related company 93 1
- Artificially reducing profits by bonus accrual 649 26
- Repairs after a rental business ends 327 10
- Can anyone recommend a good document scanner? 254 8
- property rental income split 121 1
- Expenses of overseas employment 133 2
- UK RESIDENT IN RECEIPT OF USA PENSION 104 1
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,112
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 364
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 300
- National Insurance 269
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 239
- Payments on account coded out?? 228
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 220
- Non Resident 186
- Franchise income and costs 175
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 173