LLP Revaluation Reserves - Distributable?
A client has been advised by a tax planning expert that they should invest property into an LLP.
The main advantages being sold to our client are: -
No double tax on exit; LLP interest uplift on death; and that revaluation reserves are distributable and can be used to return capital invested tax free.
I do not see that a revaluation reserve can be paid to the member as a return on their capital invested. Confirmation/correction appreciated!
Any other advantages/pitfalls not widely known?
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,583 43
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 256 7
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 768 17
- CIC Company 400 2
- What are options for non CA firm 2,665 57
- Is this a scam? 771 8
- Companies Made Simple Dashboard? 131 1
- Employment allowance (again) :( 341 2
- Mortgage to buy property in limited company 248 5
- New company - form a group? 168 2
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 187 4
- PITA client 241 3
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 378 9
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,327 33
- Dividend dates 492 8
- R&D tax credit claim 225 5
- CIS Deductions 273 3
- Estate agent and VAT registration 124 1
- is this fraud? 793 13
- Married woman dies owning marital home 501 5
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 599
- Cancelled 348
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 333
- Cancelled 285
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 256
- Probiz 243
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 191
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 177
- Car leasing scheme 176
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 159