LLP Revaluation Reserves - Distributable?
A client has been advised by a tax planning expert that they should invest property into an LLP.
The main advantages being sold to our client are: -
No double tax on exit; LLP interest uplift on death; and that revaluation reserves are distributable and can be used to return capital invested tax free.
I do not see that a revaluation reserve can be paid to the member as a return on their capital invested. Confirmation/correction appreciated!
Any other advantages/pitfalls not widely known?
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,488 41
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 160 3
- Directors Remunerations and Employees on CT600 111 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 301 1
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 239 3
- Practice management - that old chestnut....... 1,240 19
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 374 6
- Go Cardless 389 10
- Self assessment tax arrears 336 3
- Mehjoo 339 2
- Tax Return Member LLP 164 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 419 5
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 201 4
- SA302 351 7
- US Employment Income - Double Tax Treaty 298 13
- Bringing money to Uk 306 4
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 223 4
- Hmrc software 267 3
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 208 1
- Hosted email exchange 197 5
- Xtuple 526
- Qtac payroll for bureau 358
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 302
- Industrial & Provident Societies 295
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 239
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 218
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 217
- Domain name sale and limited company 185
- CIS schemes 180
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 158