LLP Revaluation Reserves - Distributable?
A client has been advised by a tax planning expert that they should invest property into an LLP.
The main advantages being sold to our client are: -
No double tax on exit; LLP interest uplift on death; and that revaluation reserves are distributable and can be used to return capital invested tax free.
I do not see that a revaluation reserve can be paid to the member as a return on their capital invested. Confirmation/correction appreciated!
Any other advantages/pitfalls not widely known?
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 64 2
- Moving to the cloud 533 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 144 2
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 61 1
- Companies house strike off 44 1
- How much to charge for payroll? 726 16
- When do we qualify for state pension? 147 2
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 118 4
- BTC vs Digita 974 29
- Seeking a tax case 253 8
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 282 4
- See you all on the other side 233 5
- VATABLE Income 283 3
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 210 2
- Different Filing Dates - Help! 264 7
- What are we calling cloud now? 410 6
- P11D software 95 1
- Write off of loans FROM participators 449 9
- VAT - business splitting 235 3
- Income tax or Capital gains tax? 586 16
- HMRC Joint Filing 521
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 392
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 351
- IRIS and FRS 102 325
- USA help 283
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 245
- Capital gains on rental property 227
- Sage Coretime 215
- Capitalising Finance Lease 212
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 204