LLP Revaluation Reserves - Distributable?
A client has been advised by a tax planning expert that they should invest property into an LLP.
The main advantages being sold to our client are: -
No double tax on exit; LLP interest uplift on death; and that revaluation reserves are distributable and can be used to return capital invested tax free.
I do not see that a revaluation reserve can be paid to the member as a return on their capital invested. Confirmation/correction appreciated!
Any other advantages/pitfalls not widely known?
- Payment plans for clients 286 4
- How a company director can keep paying £833 81 4
- Community awards 2014 - first category 199 7
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 477 14
- Employee steeling client data 128 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,362 23
- Small bus. accounting software with departments 192 5
- Subsistence Exclusions 135 3
- Insurance Claims - Legal Services 93 1
- CT600 278 9
- VAT Office Grimsby 217 4
- signature required 915 34
- i want to get the reserves below 25K 199 1
- Can you help me spot errors? 342 4
- format cell to exclude decimals 334 17
- WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON AT HMRC? 163 2
- Form VAT 600 FRS 91 1
- Dividend Waiver and Settlement Legislation 157 2
- Supply of service to EU community body exempt from VAT 102 1
- Lease 153 4
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,309
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 856
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 552
- Credit where credit's due....... 343
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 262
- TheTax Donut 234
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 193
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 185
- Director's business mileage 153
- Sole trader CPD 147