LLP Revaluation Reserves - Distributable?
A client has been advised by a tax planning expert that they should invest property into an LLP.
The main advantages being sold to our client are: -
No double tax on exit; LLP interest uplift on death; and that revaluation reserves are distributable and can be used to return capital invested tax free.
I do not see that a revaluation reserve can be paid to the member as a return on their capital invested. Confirmation/correction appreciated!
Any other advantages/pitfalls not widely known?
- Accounts submitted to a the charities comission 121 2
- What would you do in this situation? 641 14
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 1,055 31
- Dress code 446 13
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 498 16
- Project being run jointly 202 3
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 308 4
- Companies House 602 9
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 134 1
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 354 11
- Where to start to get any of jobs in Finance and Accounting Industry 731 9
- How much did you pay for your website 1,442 25
- Help Required 413 10
- directors control and tax problems 295 5
- Fastest Software 806 13
- What's in a name ? 383 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 300 4
- Bulk Invoicing 191 6
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 183 3
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 264 2
- CTA study material 713
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 435
- Employment related securities question 274
- AIM Stocks and IHT 252
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax consultancy 2014 234
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 220
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 212
- Expat pension contributions? 200
- Trust for Employee 197
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 172