LLP Revaluation Reserves - Distributable?
A client has been advised by a tax planning expert that they should invest property into an LLP.
The main advantages being sold to our client are: -
No double tax on exit; LLP interest uplift on death; and that revaluation reserves are distributable and can be used to return capital invested tax free.
I do not see that a revaluation reserve can be paid to the member as a return on their capital invested. Confirmation/correction appreciated!
Any other advantages/pitfalls not widely known?
- Non VAT invoices 144 3
- Time to ditch Sage? 158 2
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 247 8
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 146 2
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 277 8
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,365 32
- Fees 171 1
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 242 5
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 197 2
- Form 17 Download 113 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 542 28
- Small hotel - food for personal use 370 4
- HMRC Information notice 987 24
- Recommendations for online payroll software 269 3
- Accountant Specialization. 375 5
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,753 42
- Sage Line 50 172 3
- Off topic slightly - any football fans out there? 188 1
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 453 6
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 395 7
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 759
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 412
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 363
- Electric Car 298
- S222 Charge 244
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 205
- IP trans to holding company 195
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 183
- AIA 179
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 177