LLP Revaluation Reserves - Distributable?
A client has been advised by a tax planning expert that they should invest property into an LLP.
The main advantages being sold to our client are: -
No double tax on exit; LLP interest uplift on death; and that revaluation reserves are distributable and can be used to return capital invested tax free.
I do not see that a revaluation reserve can be paid to the member as a return on their capital invested. Confirmation/correction appreciated!
Any other advantages/pitfalls not widely known?
- Aged Debtor 38 1
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 939 34
- Loss carry back in Taxfiler 60 3
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 748 28
- A Director of a Ltd Company let a general Manager run the company, and if anything goes wrong the general manager is responsible? 124 2
- Identity check problem 1,208 12
- blank - ignore 480 8
- Part disposal of shareholding with CGT loss attached 79 2
- calculate mortgage interest 344 5
- Do we have to register for VAT? 435 9
- Capital Gains Relief 85 3
- Companies House praise 218 1
- Tax Penalty overreaction 2,042 14
- Advice on letting a client go ? 619 11
- client can't/won't pay 1,550 27
- Most cr*p bank account ever? 146 1
- Directors NIC's 172 5
- VAT field when booking bills for organisations on VAT FRS 72 1
- Entrepreneurs relief 154 2
- Declaration of interest 191 7
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 875
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 569
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 533
- Latest phishing scam 469
- Entrepreneurs' relief 412
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 338
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 317
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 239
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 227
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 163