LLP Revaluation Reserves - Distributable?
A client has been advised by a tax planning expert that they should invest property into an LLP.
The main advantages being sold to our client are: -
No double tax on exit; LLP interest uplift on death; and that revaluation reserves are distributable and can be used to return capital invested tax free.
I do not see that a revaluation reserve can be paid to the member as a return on their capital invested. Confirmation/correction appreciated!
Any other advantages/pitfalls not widely known?
- Reversing out RTI 16 2
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 181 3
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 303 7
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 284 7
- Sage instant bank rec - is it possible to clear past transactions and reconcile from a given month? 252 5
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 253 9
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 799 21
- BrightPay 587 17
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 226 2
- H&W company 184 3
- VAT on sale of Vehicle 153 3
- tax teatment of index linked mortgage repayment 161 2
- Gift or Capital Gain? 267 7
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 108 1
- Does anyone use a cloud based payroll software 789 32
- Classic cars investment 219 6
- VAT silly question 2,385 56
- Are sheepdog winnings taxable? 1,081 10
- Federation Accounts 362 10
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 542 8
- Benchmarking 488
- Possible Partnership? 429
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 407
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 407
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 348
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 207
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 204
- Clubs and Taxable Income 189
- Income tax on foreign dividends 188
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 183