LLP Revaluation Reserves - Distributable?
A client has been advised by a tax planning expert that they should invest property into an LLP.
The main advantages being sold to our client are: -
No double tax on exit; LLP interest uplift on death; and that revaluation reserves are distributable and can be used to return capital invested tax free.
I do not see that a revaluation reserve can be paid to the member as a return on their capital invested. Confirmation/correction appreciated!
Any other advantages/pitfalls not widely known?
- Moneysoft Payroll Windows 8.1 Woes - Help! 1,009 18
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 17 1
- SA302's anyone?? 433 15
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 1,420 17
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 199 5
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 666 23
- Deed of variation on a will & effect on tax returns 79 2
- Renting for military reasons 67 1
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 87 1
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 128 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 206 3
- do i pay vat when buying a business 472 25
- Auto enrolment for one or two director companies 1,964 30
- Tax status of prizes 299 17
- Accounting for a finance lease 68 2
- Clogged Losses 236 4
- Import Sales Invoices into Sage Instant 293 5
- Are Sage finally getting it's act together? 236 2
- Receiving dividends from a pension fund? 102 5
- Partnership to LLP - Capital Contribution 165 3
- Skandia using wrong address 1,610
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 892
- International interest certificate 502
- NOVA 365
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 274
- Bonus Bonds 256
- Management expenses for investment company 255
- Help with tax codes on Sage 203
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 167
- tax on apprenticeship income 158