In this current day of the banks paying significant sums of interest on balances in current and deposit accounts (!) I was wondering what to do.
In short, was discussing this with a client today who banks with HSBC and has £500k in then bank earning "not a lot"
They have asked me what I think the best bank to "stick £200k in" as he put it, would be so that he could earn more interest.
(before we all start considering tax planning/profit extraction/dividends or other yes we have been through all of that and done that bit - he just wants to leave the money in and earn some intererest - however small!)
Any specific accounts you know of?
- Professional coaching claimable? 67 1
- Sage instant account codes 113 1
- Networking 122 1
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 264 4
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 165 1
- Turnover on a tax return 293 8
- incorrect old p60 448 11
- Cashflow forecasting software 302 4
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,931 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 284 4
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 247 3
- VAT refund 177 1
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 257 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 268 3
- Missing tax return 392 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,127 30
- Inflation and fees 1,408 24
- Sage Priority Support 192 3
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 846 24
- Micro-entity accounts 309 1