In this current day of the banks paying significant sums of interest on balances in current and deposit accounts (!) I was wondering what to do.
In short, was discussing this with a client today who banks with HSBC and has £500k in then bank earning "not a lot"
They have asked me what I think the best bank to "stick £200k in" as he put it, would be so that he could earn more interest.
(before we all start considering tax planning/profit extraction/dividends or other yes we have been through all of that and done that bit - he just wants to leave the money in and earn some intererest - however small!)
Any specific accounts you know of?
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,081 20
- QBO VAT box 2 and 4 120 1
- VAT - Check on clients business 597 25
- Transfer of a trade WITHOUT assets? 113 1
- Amend a 2010/11 return 112 1
- Advanced SMP, but employee returns to work early 163 1
- How to deal with prior year error 160 2
- Repaying Directors Loans within 9 months 530 19
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,340 33
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,050 20
- Tax Calculations 657 10
- Tax Fines - HMRC 409 4
- Exemption from CGT 238 2
- VAT Registration 246 3
- Digita Users - Can you please confirm? 467 14
- Autumn statement predictions 439 8
- ACCA Practising Certificate Holder 343 4
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 192 3
- Moneysoft error 436 7
- Repaying Directors loan by transferring an asset 649 26