Is Loan Write off Taxable?
Mr A is sole director/Shareholder of Company
Mr B joins Company and is given 50% of the share capital and
becomes a director.
Mr B personally loans company £25,000
Mr B agrees to have £25,000 loan written down to £15,000 due to
Mr B leaving company after disagreement with Mr A.
Accountants treat £10,000 write off as income chargeable to corporation tax
Is this correct?
Thanks in advance
- Entrepreneur relief and deduction of Amortisation of Goodwill Pre2002 127 4
- Director owns 47% of shares in company A and 100% of shares in Company B. Is Company B a participator in Company A for S455 purposes? 199 2
- Stumped - IHT 358 6
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 393 5
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 529 12
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 510 9
- Transferring DLA between Directors 300 3
- Company restructure - Share valuation, ERS and PAYE 125 2
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 110 1
- Creative Auto Enrolment 818 12
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,391 35
- New LLP, basis of assessment and which boxes to complete? 123 3
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 261 4
- True Potential AE 277 2
- Closing down loss-making company 518 6
- CGT and primary residence 231 2
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 334 3
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,250 14
- VAT disaggregation 297 4
- Giving shares away 464 8