Loan written off - correct tax treatment?
Ltd Co A owed Ltd Co B £ 20k. Common directorships in both companies. Company B ceases to trade, so loan written off - £ 20k credit to PL a/c
However, I am correct in that this £20k should be chargeable to CT?
Looking at CTA 2010 s99, Pt5 Ch16 s574 states in relation to a loss incurred:
Relief may not be claimed for loans written off if the borrower and lender are 'connected persons'.
Would appreciate any thoughts if I have missed something?
- Company limited by guarantee having only 1 member 112 3
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 468 5
- flat rate scheme 140 3
- capital allowances - Demolition of a building 162 2
- Limited by Guarantee - Members 78 1
- VAT refund 312 3
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,283 37
- Turnover on a tax return 546 12
- incorrect old p60 563 15
- Company to buy shareholder land 119 4
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 182 1
- Posting Corp Tax to Sage Line 50 151 1
- Special dividends & CGT 203 1
- Director's Earnings when Drawing from Goodwill profit from Sole Trading Company sale to Ltd Company 194 1
- Networking 365 5
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 279 2
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 305 4
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 337 5
- Professional coaching claimable? 297 2
- IT Contractor 286 1