loss on trade but profit on rental income ct600 help needed
we have a small ltd company client that made a small loss this year of 4845 . after adding back depreciation etc the adjusted loss becomes 2788.this obviously does not cause any problems when calculating the corp tax or refund due. they made a profit of 4000 last year.
this year they now rent out the flat above the salon and receive 7800.
would i A) complete the ct600 showing a profit of 5012 (7800-2788) and calculate the tax due or B) would the loss of 2788 be increased by 7800, to make a trading and professional loss of 10588. then add back the rental income to be releived against current profit (the rent) then to make a trade loss of 2788 that could be carried back and set against the previous year's profit of 4000 . thus there would be a ct refund due on 2788 at last years rate (21%).
any help would be appreciated.
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 71 2
- flat rate scheme 2,315 47
- Signed accounts for bank 629 14
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 820 12
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 118 3
- Business lending another business money (UK) 285 7
- Deferring dividends on paper 149 5
- VAT Query on new build 85 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 131 1
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 139 4
- Family Partnership 228 5
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 77 1
- P11D Car Value 251 6
- NOVA declaration 103 1
- Business valuation advice 703 18
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,499 16
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,222 23
- Can anybody recommend any software 288 2
- Stand alone practice management software 2,103 26
- 2011 Self Assessment Tax return form 175 1