loss on trade but profit on rental income ct600 help needed
we have a small ltd company client that made a small loss this year of 4845 . after adding back depreciation etc the adjusted loss becomes 2788.this obviously does not cause any problems when calculating the corp tax or refund due. they made a profit of 4000 last year.
this year they now rent out the flat above the salon and receive 7800.
would i A) complete the ct600 showing a profit of 5012 (7800-2788) and calculate the tax due or B) would the loss of 2788 be increased by 7800, to make a trading and professional loss of 10588. then add back the rental income to be releived against current profit (the rent) then to make a trade loss of 2788 that could be carried back and set against the previous year's profit of 4000 . thus there would be a ct refund due on 2788 at last years rate (21%).
any help would be appreciated.
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,153 13
- Tips on meals 161 2
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 510 10
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 145 3
- Personal Tax 723 13
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 161 2
- Stumped - IHT 126 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 407 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 471 11
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,280 33
- Credit management tools 131 1
- property capital gains 133 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 771 20
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 391 7
- CGT and primary residence 170 1
- Marriage Allowance 269 3
- S455 and February year ends 324 7
- HMRC having technical difficulties 888 18
- Closing down loss-making company 455 5
- S.455 Tax again 287 3