loss on trade but profit on rental income ct600 help needed
we have a small ltd company client that made a small loss this year of 4845 . after adding back depreciation etc the adjusted loss becomes 2788.this obviously does not cause any problems when calculating the corp tax or refund due. they made a profit of 4000 last year.
this year they now rent out the flat above the salon and receive 7800.
would i A) complete the ct600 showing a profit of 5012 (7800-2788) and calculate the tax due or B) would the loss of 2788 be increased by 7800, to make a trading and professional loss of 10588. then add back the rental income to be releived against current profit (the rent) then to make a trade loss of 2788 that could be carried back and set against the previous year's profit of 4000 . thus there would be a ct refund due on 2788 at last years rate (21%).
any help would be appreciated.
- Sage Priority Support 84 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 678 18
- incorrect old p60 102 1
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 476 4
- VAT on new builds 104 2
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 343 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 118 1
- Pensions Auto-Enrolment when no computer/internet access 107 1
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 125 1
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,831 26
- Missing tax return 164 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 917 24
- CG on Spanish property disposal 273 8
- SSAS Pension scheme 159 2
- Quick Income tax calculation question! 553 18
- Physiotherapy 239 3
- Inflation and fees 1,215 20
- Capital allowances not claimed 161 3
- Changing shareholding ratio 277 8
- CGT help please 144 1