loss on trade but profit on rental income ct600 help needed
we have a small ltd company client that made a small loss this year of 4845 . after adding back depreciation etc the adjusted loss becomes 2788.this obviously does not cause any problems when calculating the corp tax or refund due. they made a profit of 4000 last year.
this year they now rent out the flat above the salon and receive 7800.
would i A) complete the ct600 showing a profit of 5012 (7800-2788) and calculate the tax due or B) would the loss of 2788 be increased by 7800, to make a trading and professional loss of 10588. then add back the rental income to be releived against current profit (the rent) then to make a trade loss of 2788 that could be carried back and set against the previous year's profit of 4000 . thus there would be a ct refund due on 2788 at last years rate (21%).
any help would be appreciated.
- Where can I get the information for this 366 7
- BrightPay 361 9
- If a company made large profits in 2009, is there a time limit for later losses to be set off against those profits to recover tax? 203 3
- CGT &LLP 78 2
- Am I at risk as an appointed Agent? 540 4
- Setting up an offshore company 103 1
- SDLT on Land Transfer to Connected Company and Averaging Relief 185 16
- Secure document exchange 127 3
- Question for FreeAgent users 161 4
- Any way of declaring a variable dividend? 392 7
- break even point 170 5
- Charity recouping VAT via a separate company 114 3
- Fax to email providers 327 11
- Payroll software 244 11
- Ghost messages from HMRC...... 136 1
- Amending supplier account code in Sage 50 143 4
- How to issue shares to investors 95 1
- Expense management software 631 12
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,108 84
- Tax code 154 1