loss on trade but profit on rental income ct600 help needed
we have a small ltd company client that made a small loss this year of 4845 . after adding back depreciation etc the adjusted loss becomes 2788.this obviously does not cause any problems when calculating the corp tax or refund due. they made a profit of 4000 last year.
this year they now rent out the flat above the salon and receive 7800.
would i A) complete the ct600 showing a profit of 5012 (7800-2788) and calculate the tax due or B) would the loss of 2788 be increased by 7800, to make a trading and professional loss of 10588. then add back the rental income to be releived against current profit (the rent) then to make a trade loss of 2788 that could be carried back and set against the previous year's profit of 4000 . thus there would be a ct refund due on 2788 at last years rate (21%).
any help would be appreciated.
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 12 1
- Probate services 555 18
- Creative Auto Enrolment 628 9
- Bankstream 1,176 27
- Disengagement Help! 1,134 18
- Cash gift from India 392 12
- Corporation Tax releif for stolen "Bond" 66 1
- Account and Taxable Profit 495 21
- Stamp Duty Land Tax changes 114 2
- Accounting for corporation tax 441 9
- loan for one of the associated companies 170 9
- Is a deposit received on a failed property transaction in France taxable 147 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 1,098 20
- nominee shareholder 127 1
- True Potential AE 125 1
- Maternity and claining expenses 500 5
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 339 7
- Bad Debt 114 1
- Digita Accounts Production Advanced - general perception 517 27
- Unpaid fees 231 5