loss on trade but profit on rental income ct600 help needed
we have a small ltd company client that made a small loss this year of 4845 . after adding back depreciation etc the adjusted loss becomes 2788.this obviously does not cause any problems when calculating the corp tax or refund due. they made a profit of 4000 last year.
this year they now rent out the flat above the salon and receive 7800.
would i A) complete the ct600 showing a profit of 5012 (7800-2788) and calculate the tax due or B) would the loss of 2788 be increased by 7800, to make a trading and professional loss of 10588. then add back the rental income to be releived against current profit (the rent) then to make a trade loss of 2788 that could be carried back and set against the previous year's profit of 4000 . thus there would be a ct refund due on 2788 at last years rate (21%).
any help would be appreciated.
- RTI Fees 279
- Where's our 10%? 255
- Driving sales growth 211
- UK Property Purchase by an overseas individual in own name 208
- Cost of converting property - who pays? 203
- CIS late registration 201
- EIS 198
- Accounting for gift vouchers - paid for and donated 191
- Break up basis accounting 185
- Accounts production software for business SSC 179
- Best structure 175
- High Income Child Benefit Tax Charge Error? 170
- iQor recovering HMRC debts again 149
- Mileage Allowance Payments - couple using the same car 134
- SEIS and DeMinimus Aid 132
- Integrate accounts software with infusionsoft 127
- Is commission on sales always vatable? 126
- Property does not qualify for FHL, what is allowable? 117
- Loan Note, PIK and Corresponding Adjustment 115
- Employers NIC holiday paper application form 109