losses cf have to use them
Scratching my head a bit, I have a (self assessment) client who doesnt wand to use his losses brought forward, on rental income, as they want their income to look as large as possible for personal reasons.
I dont believe you can pick and chose can you? We have to offset all losses bf against profits.
Am I correct on that?
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 464 17
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 49 2
- Will I need to resign? 71 1
- Paper tax return 84 3
- Start up allowance? 336 11
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,330 41
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 227 3
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 160 1
- AIA or IFA 425 7
- Surely not? 420 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 623 9
- Running two businesses from the same premises 356 3
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 348 7
- Late Registration for VAT 348 11
- Old CGT loss 170 2
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 261 5
- Nominal Ledger 342 10
- Share structures 140 5
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 2,150 19
- Meal Allowance - Limited Company 340 5