Lost my first client - Highest fee income
My practice was really on the up - till I received a voice mail late today from one of my key client - They are leaving me.
This is a substantial fee client. 25% of my fee income is from this client. Reason why they are leaving from the voice mail - fee savings.
This is my first client loss since I started. The client will call again on Monday. I hope to get further feedback.
I just did not think this client would leave me. It did not occur to me. In terms of probability of the client leaving I would have put it to 3% to 5%.
I hope to learn from the feedback. It will be tough to make up that income.
Anyone else been in a similar situation losing a key client? Tough one!
- Follower cases 520 1
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 349 5
- TheTax Donut 1,088 1
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 118 3
- LIVE chat, starting now 403 1
- Can S455 tax repaid 71 2
- PAYE coding out 48 1
- VAT avoidance? 64 1
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 243 6
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 688 10
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 647 22
- How to explain this to someone 349 2
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 143 2
- Register for self assessment again as LLP member? 58 2
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 698 5
- TaxCalc Accounts production 287 4
- Old CGT loss 347 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 313 2
- UK Pension Income For Non-Residents 175 6
- Start up allowance? 490 13
- Hive up 449
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 417
- corporate hierarchy 406
- Advice - 229
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 199
- Amortisation of Goodwill 195
- WWOOFers 183
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 183
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 167
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 165