Lost my first client - Highest fee income
My practice was really on the up - till I received a voice mail late today from one of my key client - They are leaving me.
This is a substantial fee client. 25% of my fee income is from this client. Reason why they are leaving from the voice mail - fee savings.
This is my first client loss since I started. The client will call again on Monday. I hope to get further feedback.
I just did not think this client would leave me. It did not occur to me. In terms of probability of the client leaving I would have put it to 3% to 5%.
I hope to learn from the feedback. It will be tough to make up that income.
Anyone else been in a similar situation losing a key client? Tough one!
- VAT on employee loan 333 6
- Interest, surcharges and interest on late payment of tax 132 3
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 57 1
- Travel expenses from Spain to the UK - tax deductible ? 259 9
- Auto enrolment 1,463 14
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 163 3
- Client's company struck off 580 17
- Optimum salary for directors appointed part way through the year 129 1
- Extension of lease in flat management company 97 1
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 194 7
- Does a building subcontractor charge VAT on his labour on a new-build? 335 9
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 107 1
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 192 3
- Sole trader startup losses and PAYE income in same year 132 3
- Anyone had this problem?? 715 19
- Input VAT suffered in EU 155 3
- Investment property? 100 2
- Do you charge fee or % for Successful appeal against HMRC penalties? 1,620 23
- Sole Trader Cessation 177 2
- VAT flat rate scheme 340 6
- QROP pension input amounts 470
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 425
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 408
- fraud 338
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 258
- EPS and CIS deductions 247
- Construction CIS LLP Company 242
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 199
- SAGE winforecast 170
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 166