Lost my first client - Highest fee income
My practice was really on the up - till I received a voice mail late today from one of my key client - They are leaving me.
This is a substantial fee client. 25% of my fee income is from this client. Reason why they are leaving from the voice mail - fee savings.
This is my first client loss since I started. The client will call again on Monday. I hope to get further feedback.
I just did not think this client would leave me. It did not occur to me. In terms of probability of the client leaving I would have put it to 3% to 5%.
I hope to learn from the feedback. It will be tough to make up that income.
Anyone else been in a similar situation losing a key client? Tough one!
- When to top-up pensions? 91 2
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 137 3
- Support / ticketing software 308 11
- Withdrawal of a quote 269 6
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 570 14
- Are Tax Agents designed out of online systems? 290 3
- Imported goods and VAT 103 1
- Annual Return for company for whom director/shareholder has died 419 15
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 567 11
- Stamp Duty 145 3
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,828 22
- Company Number 10000000 964 13
- Online accounting provider for multicompany with turnover £10m 354 5
- CGT on lost shares/scam 193 3
- Anyone else getting these HMRC letters? 437 3
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 1,823 29
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 434 9
- Where to follow court cases/rulings 212 3
- HMRC Funding for Employee PAYE refund 333 5
- Best software for small practice? 838 24
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 793
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 464
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 282
- DTA tie-breaker issue 279
- CGT for NOn UK residents 241
- Apprenticeship Levy 214
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 210
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 207
- Just checking re PSA 194
- Capital Gains personal representatives 187