Lost my first client - Highest fee income
My practice was really on the up - till I received a voice mail late today from one of my key client - They are leaving me.
This is a substantial fee client. 25% of my fee income is from this client. Reason why they are leaving from the voice mail - fee savings.
This is my first client loss since I started. The client will call again on Monday. I hope to get further feedback.
I just did not think this client would leave me. It did not occur to me. In terms of probability of the client leaving I would have put it to 3% to 5%.
I hope to learn from the feedback. It will be tough to make up that income.
Anyone else been in a similar situation losing a key client? Tough one!
- What shall I reduce payments on account to? 31 1
- Where has Portia gone? 1,927 66
- Spousal transfer and PPR 546 18
- Deferred Tax Asset & Liability 353 8
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 450 8
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 325 9
- Sage Vat return box 2 321 1
- Holiday entitlement 574 11
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 186 4
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 447 12
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 314 7
- Capital allowances on taxis 133 1
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 140 2
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 924 21
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 223 3
- Sage line 50 payment before invoice date 208 11
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 424 10
- Property Purchase in Daughters Name 356 9
- Merging my businesses 185 2
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,757 73
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 789
- RTI - duplicate employee record 551
- Pensions Regulator 449
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 408
- Sanzar 312
- Portia ... Where art thou 301
- Digital marketing focus group 296
- How do you do it 291
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 268
- Report old income 241