Lost my first client - Highest fee income
My practice was really on the up - till I received a voice mail late today from one of my key client - They are leaving me.
This is a substantial fee client. 25% of my fee income is from this client. Reason why they are leaving from the voice mail - fee savings.
This is my first client loss since I started. The client will call again on Monday. I hope to get further feedback.
I just did not think this client would leave me. It did not occur to me. In terms of probability of the client leaving I would have put it to 3% to 5%.
I hope to learn from the feedback. It will be tough to make up that income.
Anyone else been in a similar situation losing a key client? Tough one!
- Splitting hairs with a national firm 116 2
- What should I charge for unlimited advice and support ? 105 4
- Builder - Roll over relief 168 8
- Sale of Van to a Guernsey company and VAT 91 2
- deleted 418 22
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 698 8
- Accountancy Software Recommendation for eCommerce Business 60 1
- PII and previous accountant 103 3
- Use of aliases 411 14
- What's the plural? 177 4
- Client leaving and querying previous years accounts 615 25
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 86 1
- CGT on Self Build Plus Another Property 170 8
- DISCOUNTED RENT FREE PERIOD 112 1
- Sage training course 234 7
- Registering as a CIS Contractor 123 2
- HMRC online out of action? 144 3
- Hold over relief 247 2
- Benchmark scale rates for subsistance 122 1
- Overdue VAT returns 162 3
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 558
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 407
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 312
- IFA incorporation 284
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 270
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 268
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 238
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 226
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 197
- Life assurance gains anomoly?? 190