Lost my first client - Highest fee income
My practice was really on the up - till I received a voice mail late today from one of my key client - They are leaving me.
This is a substantial fee client. 25% of my fee income is from this client. Reason why they are leaving from the voice mail - fee savings.
This is my first client loss since I started. The client will call again on Monday. I hope to get further feedback.
I just did not think this client would leave me. It did not occur to me. In terms of probability of the client leaving I would have put it to 3% to 5%.
I hope to learn from the feedback. It will be tough to make up that income.
Anyone else been in a similar situation losing a key client? Tough one!
- Accountancy Career 344 5
- Accounts Software 180 6
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 2,369 22
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,705 39
- Holiday Pay whilst on Mat Leave 112 1
- HMRC Agents Line 225 4
- calculation DTR restriction 97 1
- Company Director In Prison 469 11
- SMP reclaimable by employer 96 1
- AWeb - download file 190 3
- Charity work 252 11
- Help with HMRC investigation 275 6
- Director Drawings 208 5
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 282 13
- Managing Employee Expenses 242 7
- Collection or business assets 118 1
- Incorporated when they should not have 279 8
- Tax position re this lease? 374 9
- Do I need a smartphone? 735 23
- Is compensation for surrender of a lease subject to VAT 110 2
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 686
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 528
- Cancelled 429
- Cancelled 366
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 362
- Probiz 338
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 329
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 244
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 218
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 204