Ltd Company on FRS, Vs Expenses
I have a client who has a limited company which he operates Flat Rate Scheme for VAT. For one of his projects he has to work away and has been provided with accomodation, car and a daily allowance for food etc he will claim his expenses back on a monthly basis.
My issue is, how would he do this. He would put his works invoice in, would he add the net expenses on this leaving a subtotal to add VAT? if this is the case my client is paying vat on the expense money received through the flat rate scheme.
Or is there another way to do it?
I am just thinking if he recieves monies for expenses this would be put down as sales income and the expenses that he has suffered will not be allowable for deduction of VAT as he is on FRS.
Advice will be greatly appreciated
- Where can I get the information for this 350 7
- BrightPay 353 9
- If a company made large profits in 2009, is there a time limit for later losses to be set off against those profits to recover tax? 187 3
- CGT &LLP 59 2
- Am I at risk as an appointed Agent? 529 4
- Setting up an offshore company 68 1
- SDLT on Land Transfer to Connected Company and Averaging Relief 174 16
- Secure document exchange 107 3
- Question for FreeAgent users 152 4
- Any way of declaring a variable dividend? 383 7
- break even point 150 5
- Charity recouping VAT via a separate company 109 3
- Fax to email providers 321 11
- Payroll software 223 11
- Ghost messages from HMRC...... 123 1
- Amending supplier account code in Sage 50 139 4
- How to issue shares to investors 74 1
- Expense management software 625 12
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,101 84
- Tax code 135 1