Ltd Company on FRS, Vs Expenses
I have a client who has a limited company which he operates Flat Rate Scheme for VAT. For one of his projects he has to work away and has been provided with accomodation, car and a daily allowance for food etc he will claim his expenses back on a monthly basis.
My issue is, how would he do this. He would put his works invoice in, would he add the net expenses on this leaving a subtotal to add VAT? if this is the case my client is paying vat on the expense money received through the flat rate scheme.
Or is there another way to do it?
I am just thinking if he recieves monies for expenses this would be put down as sales income and the expenses that he has suffered will not be allowable for deduction of VAT as he is on FRS.
Advice will be greatly appreciated
- Xerocon 2016 1,017 24
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,189 41
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 227 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 239 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 592 12
- Personal Tax 493 11
- USA Tax Query 167 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,660 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 944 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 288 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 600 18
- Corrupt Excel File 674 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 350 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,975 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 290 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 411 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 175 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 334 4
- last minute request 515 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,254 46