Ltd Company on FRS, Vs Expenses
I have a client who has a limited company which he operates Flat Rate Scheme for VAT. For one of his projects he has to work away and has been provided with accomodation, car and a daily allowance for food etc he will claim his expenses back on a monthly basis.
My issue is, how would he do this. He would put his works invoice in, would he add the net expenses on this leaving a subtotal to add VAT? if this is the case my client is paying vat on the expense money received through the flat rate scheme.
Or is there another way to do it?
I am just thinking if he recieves monies for expenses this would be put down as sales income and the expenses that he has suffered will not be allowable for deduction of VAT as he is on FRS.
Advice will be greatly appreciated
- Time values in Excel 125 3
- AIA/Capital Allowances 203 6
- RTI and Advances to Employees 348 8
- No more tax returns... 1,273 12
- bookkeeping system 534 8
- Spanish Assets taxation - UK Residence 167 3
- Selling to USA, Delivery to Poland, VAT? 84 1
- HELP CT Return filed but doesnt match up HMRC's AP 195 6
- Stand alone practice management software 1,683 23
- International VAT 106 2
- CTA 200 2
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 619 9
- Anyone else experiencing issues with sage 50 payroll 715 21
- Insurance payout 124 1
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 526 11
- RTI / P11d 167 2
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,101 21
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 285 9
- Windows 7 to 8 should I go Excel or Office 365 378 3
- Company Share Buy Back 290 7