M and N - so near and yet so far!
Are any other readers being affected by trying to file data at Companies House electronically? It would seem as though upgrades to their systems now enable them to identify new and wonderful discrepancies between the information we supply, and that that they have already entered. If the previous accountant supplies all previous filings, this is not a problem. If they don't, we end up having to buy the original filing for a £1 to see what was filed. Today we had a discrepancy because the paper form had gone in years ago with an "n" that was entered by CH as an "m".
Choice a). File the annual return with the correct information, have CH report an inconsistency on the company public record, and then to get this removed pay another £14 to have the record amended back to the incorrect information.
Choice b). File a correction to the director's appointment, then file the annual return with the correct information.
Choice c). Write a letter to CH and ask them to amend, though they will helpfully point out they have the right information. Aargh...you have the wrong information that someone with poor handwriting or someone with poor eyesight misinterpreted years ago.
Any readers from CH want to post a reply? Surely CH could be a little bit more flexible here?
- PI cover 130 3
- Its going to be fun isnt it? 1,326 16
- VAT underpayments and financial reporting 77 1
- Xero Pain Points 269 13
- Samsung Galaxy - Tablet War 139 2
- Moneysoft - technical query 363 9
- Renting home garage and outbuildings to Business 125 1
- Tax Codes and VAT 178 2
- Why does Aweb always take the nuclear option … 2,725 61
- Bookkeeping - Relevant Qualifications? 305 5
- Overdrawn directors loan account. 842 20
- The importance of Grammar 919 24
- New starter - tax code 205 6
- Treatment of private car expenses put through limited company 143 2
- Capital loss on cessation for a sole trader 148 2
- HMRC site down ? 185 4
- Tax Filer - Transfering figures from partnership to personal returns 150 6
- Small hotel - food for personal use 221 3
- Models, agency rules and intermediary reporting 107 1
- Late RTI submissions on change of accountants 179 2
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 361
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 301
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 288
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 281
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 273
- Electric Car 225
- S222 Charge 203
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 198
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 192
- Company Structure 178