M and N - so near and yet so far!
Are any other readers being affected by trying to file data at Companies House electronically? It would seem as though upgrades to their systems now enable them to identify new and wonderful discrepancies between the information we supply, and that that they have already entered. If the previous accountant supplies all previous filings, this is not a problem. If they don't, we end up having to buy the original filing for a £1 to see what was filed. Today we had a discrepancy because the paper form had gone in years ago with an "n" that was entered by CH as an "m".
Choice a). File the annual return with the correct information, have CH report an inconsistency on the company public record, and then to get this removed pay another £14 to have the record amended back to the incorrect information.
Choice b). File a correction to the director's appointment, then file the annual return with the correct information.
Choice c). Write a letter to CH and ask them to amend, though they will helpfully point out they have the right information. Aargh...you have the wrong information that someone with poor handwriting or someone with poor eyesight misinterpreted years ago.
Any readers from CH want to post a reply? Surely CH could be a little bit more flexible here?
- Any Scottish members out there? 5,930 208
- Trademark Fun 92 5
- What's your best practice shortcut or 'hack'? 1,456 38
- Can I strike off a company by filing DS01 online? 117 2
- VAT Fuel Scale Charge for Fuel on Private/Personal Car 150 3
- Subsistence - god I hate it! 632 14
- How to issue a loan correctly? 163 2
- Would Director's dividends on non-voting C shares risk being classed as "earnings" for NIC purposes? 143 1
- Recycle old study books 347 9
- Share for share exchange 126 3
- Wind turbines 123 1
- Looking for a qualified accountant 509 2
- Locum Doctor claiming costs for Home Office 176 2
- FL Memo - Any Good 399 7
- VAT claim 352 6
- How to reclaim input tax from mixed use redevelopment? 161 6
- Am I allowed Rent A Room Relief? 396 9
- State Pension 1,206 10
- Late Corporation tax return 355 7
- The iIns and outs of VAT 378 6
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,056
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 339
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 286
- National Insurance 241
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 222
- Joint construction arrangement CIS and VAT 220
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 205
- Payments on account coded out?? 200
- Non Resident 159
- Franchise income and costs 137