M and N - so near and yet so far!
Are any other readers being affected by trying to file data at Companies House electronically? It would seem as though upgrades to their systems now enable them to identify new and wonderful discrepancies between the information we supply, and that that they have already entered. If the previous accountant supplies all previous filings, this is not a problem. If they don't, we end up having to buy the original filing for a £1 to see what was filed. Today we had a discrepancy because the paper form had gone in years ago with an "n" that was entered by CH as an "m".
Choice a). File the annual return with the correct information, have CH report an inconsistency on the company public record, and then to get this removed pay another £14 to have the record amended back to the incorrect information.
Choice b). File a correction to the director's appointment, then file the annual return with the correct information.
Choice c). Write a letter to CH and ask them to amend, though they will helpfully point out they have the right information. Aargh...you have the wrong information that someone with poor handwriting or someone with poor eyesight misinterpreted years ago.
Any readers from CH want to post a reply? Surely CH could be a little bit more flexible here?
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 751 24
- VAT on non-denominated postage 153 4
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 205 4
- Employmnet Allowance 2015/2016 82 2
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 156 1
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 840 40
- Tax relief for networking day out? 540 14
- SA316s 197 3
- Working in Iraq, how to treat the income 75 1
- Swiching tax 535 15
- Proposal to strike off...... 515 10
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 536 10
- Can I recharge Car loan interest 378 11
- Start-up cost recognition 115 1
- Lunches 271 3
- Mortgage Adviser's request 403 8
- Generic notification message 263 6
- Property Expenses 224 7
- Auto Enrolment (sorry) 173 1
- Accrued salary unpaid 271 4
- Construction CIS LLP Company 608
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 592
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 388
- Pensions Regulator 352
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 292
- Using the correct forms 267
- RTI - duplicate employee record 259
- SA penalty proposals 257
- Accelerated payment notices 237
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 228