M and N - so near and yet so far!
Are any other readers being affected by trying to file data at Companies House electronically? It would seem as though upgrades to their systems now enable them to identify new and wonderful discrepancies between the information we supply, and that that they have already entered. If the previous accountant supplies all previous filings, this is not a problem. If they don't, we end up having to buy the original filing for a £1 to see what was filed. Today we had a discrepancy because the paper form had gone in years ago with an "n" that was entered by CH as an "m".
Choice a). File the annual return with the correct information, have CH report an inconsistency on the company public record, and then to get this removed pay another £14 to have the record amended back to the incorrect information.
Choice b). File a correction to the director's appointment, then file the annual return with the correct information.
Choice c). Write a letter to CH and ask them to amend, though they will helpfully point out they have the right information. Aargh...you have the wrong information that someone with poor handwriting or someone with poor eyesight misinterpreted years ago.
Any readers from CH want to post a reply? Surely CH could be a little bit more flexible here?
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,581 43
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 255 7
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 767 17
- CIC Company 399 2
- What are options for non CA firm 2,664 57
- Is this a scam? 769 8
- Companies Made Simple Dashboard? 130 1
- Employment allowance (again) :( 340 2
- Mortgage to buy property in limited company 246 5
- New company - form a group? 167 2
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 186 4
- PITA client 239 3
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 377 9
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,326 33
- Dividend dates 492 8
- R&D tax credit claim 225 5
- CIS Deductions 273 3
- Estate agent and VAT registration 123 1
- is this fraud? 793 13
- Married woman dies owning marital home 501 5
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 599
- Cancelled 348
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 333
- Cancelled 285
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 256
- Probiz 243
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 191
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 177
- Car leasing scheme 176
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 159