M and N - so near and yet so far!
Are any other readers being affected by trying to file data at Companies House electronically? It would seem as though upgrades to their systems now enable them to identify new and wonderful discrepancies between the information we supply, and that that they have already entered. If the previous accountant supplies all previous filings, this is not a problem. If they don't, we end up having to buy the original filing for a £1 to see what was filed. Today we had a discrepancy because the paper form had gone in years ago with an "n" that was entered by CH as an "m".
Choice a). File the annual return with the correct information, have CH report an inconsistency on the company public record, and then to get this removed pay another £14 to have the record amended back to the incorrect information.
Choice b). File a correction to the director's appointment, then file the annual return with the correct information.
Choice c). Write a letter to CH and ask them to amend, though they will helpfully point out they have the right information. Aargh...you have the wrong information that someone with poor handwriting or someone with poor eyesight misinterpreted years ago.
Any readers from CH want to post a reply? Surely CH could be a little bit more flexible here?
- Trust 90 1
- VAT NETP and Tax Agents/Representatives joimnt and several liability 55 1
- Reverse charge on services between UK and IE 51 1
- Manually amending PAYE Code Number in HMRC Basic PAYE Tools 32 1
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 949 9
- Disclosure on Cessation Accounts 170 1
- Separate Pay runs for salary and commission 126 3
- printer paper for Certificate of Incorporation 207 5
- I'm losing the will to live... 119 1
- Sage 50 - How do I find the column headings when I export to CSV 91 4
- Auto enrolment 1,555 15
- Annual Report - How to? 253 10
- Bureau payroll software and Auto Enrolment - which is the best? 81 1
- Director's personal expenses paid by the Company 252 4
- Client's company struck off 2,031 26
- Accountants not providing all required information 119 3
- 15% restirction on lease cars 125 2
- Do you get your clients to sign their EOY EPS submission? 1,120 17
- can a dormant company make an employer pension contribution? 145 6
- Letter template 152 4
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 525
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 459
- EPS and CIS deductions 324
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 306
- Construction CIS LLP Company 297
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 286
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 242
- SAGE winforecast 222
- Overdrawn director account 208
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 201