M and N - so near and yet so far!
Are any other readers being affected by trying to file data at Companies House electronically? It would seem as though upgrades to their systems now enable them to identify new and wonderful discrepancies between the information we supply, and that that they have already entered. If the previous accountant supplies all previous filings, this is not a problem. If they don't, we end up having to buy the original filing for a £1 to see what was filed. Today we had a discrepancy because the paper form had gone in years ago with an "n" that was entered by CH as an "m".
Choice a). File the annual return with the correct information, have CH report an inconsistency on the company public record, and then to get this removed pay another £14 to have the record amended back to the incorrect information.
Choice b). File a correction to the director's appointment, then file the annual return with the correct information.
Choice c). Write a letter to CH and ask them to amend, though they will helpfully point out they have the right information. Aargh...you have the wrong information that someone with poor handwriting or someone with poor eyesight misinterpreted years ago.
Any readers from CH want to post a reply? Surely CH could be a little bit more flexible here?
- How much did you pay for your website 1,206 22
- Dispensing with accounting periods, with nested ledgers. 213 4
- Fastest Software 649 11
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 100 1
- Where did it go? 233 2
- cancellation of Engagement 133 2
- Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme Charges 86 1
- Feuding directors 245 8
- VAT Registration for Building Company 99 2
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 489 12
- Vat threshold issues 1,899 14
- Company Accounts - Limited company 609 5
- Use of Home for Sole Trader 230 4
- Vodaphone Share Scheme 94 1
- Benefit fraud 3,421 49
- SA Tax Returns 154 3
- Agent Change of Postal Address 141 2
- Consolidated accounts 124 2
- On line petition re HMRC grabbing money from taxpayer bank accounts 1,025 24
- How to deal with a prior year CT adjustment 357 12
- CTA study material 650
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 393
- Employment related securities question 246
- ATED Penalties 220
- AIM Stocks and IHT 200
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 168
- Trust for Employee 153
- Expat pension contributions? 149
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 134
- Capital allowances 122