M and N - so near and yet so far!
Are any other readers being affected by trying to file data at Companies House electronically? It would seem as though upgrades to their systems now enable them to identify new and wonderful discrepancies between the information we supply, and that that they have already entered. If the previous accountant supplies all previous filings, this is not a problem. If they don't, we end up having to buy the original filing for a £1 to see what was filed. Today we had a discrepancy because the paper form had gone in years ago with an "n" that was entered by CH as an "m".
Choice a). File the annual return with the correct information, have CH report an inconsistency on the company public record, and then to get this removed pay another £14 to have the record amended back to the incorrect information.
Choice b). File a correction to the director's appointment, then file the annual return with the correct information.
Choice c). Write a letter to CH and ask them to amend, though they will helpfully point out they have the right information. Aargh...you have the wrong information that someone with poor handwriting or someone with poor eyesight misinterpreted years ago.
Any readers from CH want to post a reply? Surely CH could be a little bit more flexible here?
- Payroll experience for beginning AAT student 105 1
- Providing registered office address to clients 78 1
- Share premium or Directors Loan 757 31
- Enquiry into tax return - how co-operative would you be? 389 8
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 1,437 47
- Interest on HMRC contract settlement 181 3
- Goodwill gesture for providing work 464 12
- VAT reconciliation and VAT return on Sage 134 3
- What would you do in this situation? 200 5
- Filing a P87 (professional fees) before year end. 152 2
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 622 13
- More HMRC on gov.uk 654 11
- Rollover relief - when does gain crystallise in this situation? 108 1
- Offshore company transferring assets to a UK individual. 351 14
- Interest Free Loan - Salay Sacrifice? 253 4
- Research and development - repayment timescale 225 5
- Sole trader hid directorships. 422 6
- NOVA 559 1
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 286 10
- Regional Development Grant 137 4
- Bonus Bonds 396
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 386
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 299
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 262
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 193
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 191
- Company Car Lease 165
- Finance Lease 159
- Form 42 153
- Demerger Reserve 134