M and N - so near and yet so far!
Are any other readers being affected by trying to file data at Companies House electronically? It would seem as though upgrades to their systems now enable them to identify new and wonderful discrepancies between the information we supply, and that that they have already entered. If the previous accountant supplies all previous filings, this is not a problem. If they don't, we end up having to buy the original filing for a £1 to see what was filed. Today we had a discrepancy because the paper form had gone in years ago with an "n" that was entered by CH as an "m".
Choice a). File the annual return with the correct information, have CH report an inconsistency on the company public record, and then to get this removed pay another £14 to have the record amended back to the incorrect information.
Choice b). File a correction to the director's appointment, then file the annual return with the correct information.
Choice c). Write a letter to CH and ask them to amend, though they will helpfully point out they have the right information. Aargh...you have the wrong information that someone with poor handwriting or someone with poor eyesight misinterpreted years ago.
Any readers from CH want to post a reply? Surely CH could be a little bit more flexible here?
- Limited company built a property and the client has made this messy 253 7
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 536 9
- Transferring rental property to limited company 473 14
- Are there Sage Instant Accounts Plus report which give breakdowns of the debtors and creditors control account balances by invoice for each currency? 93 3
- Time recording 140 3
- HMRC Funding for Employee PAYE refund 257 4
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 135 2
- Land Registry 269 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 966 13
- Auto Enrolment 670 4
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 805 19
- Company Number 10000000 398 4
- Advertising Tips? 320 7
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,517 29
- IR35 368 5
- Exclusion of single director companies from the Employment Allowance in 2016/17 424 12
- Revenue phishing examples 261 1
- iris update 11.9.2 226 2
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 452 13
- 2015 tax year end 546 1
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 733
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 435
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 374
- Costly Accounting Software contract 368
- Directors' advances and credits 286
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 260
- DTA tie-breaker issue 251
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 235
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 210
- CGT for NOn UK residents 195