M and N - so near and yet so far!
Are any other readers being affected by trying to file data at Companies House electronically? It would seem as though upgrades to their systems now enable them to identify new and wonderful discrepancies between the information we supply, and that that they have already entered. If the previous accountant supplies all previous filings, this is not a problem. If they don't, we end up having to buy the original filing for a £1 to see what was filed. Today we had a discrepancy because the paper form had gone in years ago with an "n" that was entered by CH as an "m".
Choice a). File the annual return with the correct information, have CH report an inconsistency on the company public record, and then to get this removed pay another £14 to have the record amended back to the incorrect information.
Choice b). File a correction to the director's appointment, then file the annual return with the correct information.
Choice c). Write a letter to CH and ask them to amend, though they will helpfully point out they have the right information. Aargh...you have the wrong information that someone with poor handwriting or someone with poor eyesight misinterpreted years ago.
Any readers from CH want to post a reply? Surely CH could be a little bit more flexible here?
- The stupidity continues 506 19
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 498 10
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 183 6
- Calculating capital gains tax for non-residents UK residential property 97 1
- transactions after account have been closed 122 3
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,323 25
- New Employers Helpline 189 4
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 195 3
- Software recommendations 256 1
- Share transfer question 368 17
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 309 7
- qualifying for 1/9th tax credit on foreign dividend 168 2
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,418 19
- Overlap relief 753 19
- What is IRIS World like? 358 8
- Pension contributions 372 10
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 496 11
- Do you use sign up lists on your website 187 1
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 273 8
- Free project management software with Gantt charts, preferably on-line 208 1
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 437
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 433
- WIP Software 297
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 288
- No payroll scheme in place 231
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 228
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 205
- Is there anything wrong with this? 199
- Small Part Disposal of Property 184
- Uncommercial property business 176