M and N - so near and yet so far!
Are any other readers being affected by trying to file data at Companies House electronically? It would seem as though upgrades to their systems now enable them to identify new and wonderful discrepancies between the information we supply, and that that they have already entered. If the previous accountant supplies all previous filings, this is not a problem. If they don't, we end up having to buy the original filing for a £1 to see what was filed. Today we had a discrepancy because the paper form had gone in years ago with an "n" that was entered by CH as an "m".
Choice a). File the annual return with the correct information, have CH report an inconsistency on the company public record, and then to get this removed pay another £14 to have the record amended back to the incorrect information.
Choice b). File a correction to the director's appointment, then file the annual return with the correct information.
Choice c). Write a letter to CH and ask them to amend, though they will helpfully point out they have the right information. Aargh...you have the wrong information that someone with poor handwriting or someone with poor eyesight misinterpreted years ago.
Any readers from CH want to post a reply? Surely CH could be a little bit more flexible here?
- Shareholder Loan write off 487 23
- Loan to a participator 110 4
- Unknown cash receipt 1,034 10
- Does unpaid share capital attract s455 liability? 340 7
- Import VAT can be set off against output VAT liability or not 90 3
- RTI "Reason for submission being late" 212 2
- £2000 Employment Allowance 98 1
- Staff entertaining or not? 328 4
- First RTI P45 194 3
- Shouldn't have filed accounts? 122 2
- Non resident director pay 124 2
- Do you design it or pick what's out there? 256 6
- Capital allowances 103 1
- Company Takeover Accounting policies 88 3
- Can Final Dividend be approved by Shareholders on draft accounts 213 3
- Cash flow 76 1
- How best to own a 4-way property partnership 157 2
- Employment Allowance Self employed and Company 184 1
- Share restructure 229 6
- VAT registration threshold 624 22
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 709
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 482
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 313
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 294
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 250
- growth voucher supplier 227
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 190
- VAT on Gaming Machines 181
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 161
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 159