M and N - so near and yet so far!
Are any other readers being affected by trying to file data at Companies House electronically? It would seem as though upgrades to their systems now enable them to identify new and wonderful discrepancies between the information we supply, and that that they have already entered. If the previous accountant supplies all previous filings, this is not a problem. If they don't, we end up having to buy the original filing for a £1 to see what was filed. Today we had a discrepancy because the paper form had gone in years ago with an "n" that was entered by CH as an "m".
Choice a). File the annual return with the correct information, have CH report an inconsistency on the company public record, and then to get this removed pay another £14 to have the record amended back to the incorrect information.
Choice b). File a correction to the director's appointment, then file the annual return with the correct information.
Choice c). Write a letter to CH and ask them to amend, though they will helpfully point out they have the right information. Aargh...you have the wrong information that someone with poor handwriting or someone with poor eyesight misinterpreted years ago.
Any readers from CH want to post a reply? Surely CH could be a little bit more flexible here?
- Old CGT loss 177 3
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 89 3
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 505 18
- Paper tax return 115 4
- Start up allowance? 352 12
- Will I need to resign? 113 1
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,339 41
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 232 3
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 166 1
- AIA or IFA 440 7
- Surely not? 433 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 629 9
- Running two businesses from the same premises 361 3
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 353 7
- Late Registration for VAT 350 11
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 263 5
- Nominal Ledger 357 10
- Share structures 145 5
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 2,155 19
- Meal Allowance - Limited Company 349 5