M and N - so near and yet so far!
Are any other readers being affected by trying to file data at Companies House electronically? It would seem as though upgrades to their systems now enable them to identify new and wonderful discrepancies between the information we supply, and that that they have already entered. If the previous accountant supplies all previous filings, this is not a problem. If they don't, we end up having to buy the original filing for a £1 to see what was filed. Today we had a discrepancy because the paper form had gone in years ago with an "n" that was entered by CH as an "m".
Choice a). File the annual return with the correct information, have CH report an inconsistency on the company public record, and then to get this removed pay another £14 to have the record amended back to the incorrect information.
Choice b). File a correction to the director's appointment, then file the annual return with the correct information.
Choice c). Write a letter to CH and ask them to amend, though they will helpfully point out they have the right information. Aargh...you have the wrong information that someone with poor handwriting or someone with poor eyesight misinterpreted years ago.
Any readers from CH want to post a reply? Surely CH could be a little bit more flexible here?
- Film Actors - Averaging? 252 8
- Charities and VAT? 121 6
- can I approach clients ? 98 4
- Do sole traders qualify for tax relief at source on pension contributions? 51 1
- BrightPay 867 25
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,404 87
- Goodie bag 1,280 48
- Budget 2015 predictions 485 12
- Transfer of properties to a limited company stamp duty 268 11
- Directors loan - no longer a director 502 10
- CIS monthly returns 55 1
- We contribute a percentage of employees' salaries to a pension scheme set up by them - do we need to get involved in auto-enrolment? 526 6
- Husband Wife let property 292 7
- Secure document exchange 500 5
- Paying Harvest casuals and casual beaters 158 2
- VAT registration 76 1
- Quickbooks Online 173 3
- Awkward shareholder (sister) 474 4
- Dividends against directors loan 141 1
- Sponsorship/ Advertising 136 1
- Possible Partnership? 631
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 511
- New Fangled Penalties 436
- Fuming! 341
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 312
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 249
- Outsource Data Entry 229
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 228
- Moving away from CCH software 217
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 169