M and N - so near and yet so far!
Are any other readers being affected by trying to file data at Companies House electronically? It would seem as though upgrades to their systems now enable them to identify new and wonderful discrepancies between the information we supply, and that that they have already entered. If the previous accountant supplies all previous filings, this is not a problem. If they don't, we end up having to buy the original filing for a £1 to see what was filed. Today we had a discrepancy because the paper form had gone in years ago with an "n" that was entered by CH as an "m".
Choice a). File the annual return with the correct information, have CH report an inconsistency on the company public record, and then to get this removed pay another £14 to have the record amended back to the incorrect information.
Choice b). File a correction to the director's appointment, then file the annual return with the correct information.
Choice c). Write a letter to CH and ask them to amend, though they will helpfully point out they have the right information. Aargh...you have the wrong information that someone with poor handwriting or someone with poor eyesight misinterpreted years ago.
Any readers from CH want to post a reply? Surely CH could be a little bit more flexible here?
- Disclosure requirements for Directors Loan Accounts in Credit 500 19
- Director or self-employed 276 2
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 1,362 25
- 31 Jan Procrastination Question: Computer Monitors 584 17
- Anybody still doing returns? 998 37
- BVI registered 183 4
- Closing a limited company 392 6
- Self assessment for directors 177 2
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 276 10
- Tax Penalty overreaction 2,615 17
- A little knowledge 410 6
- Digita in the cloud 175 2
- Tax relief when working away 95 1
- Tax relief when working away 207 3
- Designated sole Residence 255 5
- Scratch Head 358 1
- Year end 277 2
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 330 13
- Clothing 649 19
- Investment properties/freehold land 182 6
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 968
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 690
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 633
- Latest phishing scam 615
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 457
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 337
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 269
- Still Christmas at HMRC? 237
- Sabbatical payments 230
- Negligible Value Claim 212