M and N - so near and yet so far!
Are any other readers being affected by trying to file data at Companies House electronically? It would seem as though upgrades to their systems now enable them to identify new and wonderful discrepancies between the information we supply, and that that they have already entered. If the previous accountant supplies all previous filings, this is not a problem. If they don't, we end up having to buy the original filing for a £1 to see what was filed. Today we had a discrepancy because the paper form had gone in years ago with an "n" that was entered by CH as an "m".
Choice a). File the annual return with the correct information, have CH report an inconsistency on the company public record, and then to get this removed pay another £14 to have the record amended back to the incorrect information.
Choice b). File a correction to the director's appointment, then file the annual return with the correct information.
Choice c). Write a letter to CH and ask them to amend, though they will helpfully point out they have the right information. Aargh...you have the wrong information that someone with poor handwriting or someone with poor eyesight misinterpreted years ago.
Any readers from CH want to post a reply? Surely CH could be a little bit more flexible here?
- Preference shares redeemed at less than par 112 6
- LLP and LTD Co 46 2
- Dissolution of a LLP with ongoing HMRC Inquiry 92 1
- Real names 579 21
- Taxfiler - is it really good? 258 9
- Errors in prior year accounts 77 1
- Director salary from company limited by guarantee 183 6
- CGT on Sale of shop 40 1
- Disincorporation before selling goodwill in the business 212 4
- Any point writing to HMRC to appeal against self assessment penalties ? 124 4
- Dividend payment date 1,906 33
- Hollyoaks cast - changes due to Social Security Regulations 2,740 18
- Garage Conversion -Ltd Company Office 150 2
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 153 5
- Director hired as an individual 116 2
- VAT charge needed on van sale? 129 2
- Company Secretarial Software 1,295 27
- Agricultural Land Hold Over and Roll Over 104 2
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 242 2
- Tax relief on licence costs 135 1
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 570
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 437
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 338
- IFA incorporation 315
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 303
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 297
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 253
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 241
- Sorry ignore me 239
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 235