M and N - so near and yet so far!
Are any other readers being affected by trying to file data at Companies House electronically? It would seem as though upgrades to their systems now enable them to identify new and wonderful discrepancies between the information we supply, and that that they have already entered. If the previous accountant supplies all previous filings, this is not a problem. If they don't, we end up having to buy the original filing for a £1 to see what was filed. Today we had a discrepancy because the paper form had gone in years ago with an "n" that was entered by CH as an "m".
Choice a). File the annual return with the correct information, have CH report an inconsistency on the company public record, and then to get this removed pay another £14 to have the record amended back to the incorrect information.
Choice b). File a correction to the director's appointment, then file the annual return with the correct information.
Choice c). Write a letter to CH and ask them to amend, though they will helpfully point out they have the right information. Aargh...you have the wrong information that someone with poor handwriting or someone with poor eyesight misinterpreted years ago.
Any readers from CH want to post a reply? Surely CH could be a little bit more flexible here?
- Family Partnership 303 10
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,239 24
- Moving to BTC from Sage Accounts Production 43 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 185 3
- Multiple for fee bank purchase 202 5
- Business lending another business money (UK) 325 9
- Manufacturer cashback on fixed asset purchase 89 1
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 307 7
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 205 5
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 204 6
- Business trips - director and family 427 3
- Signed accounts for bank 676 15
- flat rate scheme 2,392 50
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 335 5
- Can I prepare dormant accounts? 211 2
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 115 2
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 875 12
- Deferring dividends on paper 220 5
- VAT Query on new build 133 1
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 129 1