M and N - so near and yet so far!
Are any other readers being affected by trying to file data at Companies House electronically? It would seem as though upgrades to their systems now enable them to identify new and wonderful discrepancies between the information we supply, and that that they have already entered. If the previous accountant supplies all previous filings, this is not a problem. If they don't, we end up having to buy the original filing for a £1 to see what was filed. Today we had a discrepancy because the paper form had gone in years ago with an "n" that was entered by CH as an "m".
Choice a). File the annual return with the correct information, have CH report an inconsistency on the company public record, and then to get this removed pay another £14 to have the record amended back to the incorrect information.
Choice b). File a correction to the director's appointment, then file the annual return with the correct information.
Choice c). Write a letter to CH and ask them to amend, though they will helpfully point out they have the right information. Aargh...you have the wrong information that someone with poor handwriting or someone with poor eyesight misinterpreted years ago.
Any readers from CH want to post a reply? Surely CH could be a little bit more flexible here?
- SATR - ommission of capital gains 89 1
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 2,274 19
- Scanners 174 4
- Overdrawn Directors Loan Account 102 1
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 168 5
- Solar panels - VAT and Capital allowances 234 3
- Recharge for private use of a company car 405 9
- Payment plans for clients 129 2
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 233 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 251 7
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 393 2
- Should I move back home away from my office? 451 9
- P60 or payslips? 99 1
- Property income in different capacities 112 1
- IHT dilemma 1,386 21
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 195 1
- IT advisory questions? 181 5
- Entrepreneurs Relief 799 44
- Has anyone else come across VAT account suspensions? 154 1
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 532 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,163
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 799
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 491
- Digita Hosted Software 322
- Credit where credit's due....... 275
- Director phone costs 240
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 228
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 205
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 160
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 141