M and N - so near and yet so far!
Are any other readers being affected by trying to file data at Companies House electronically? It would seem as though upgrades to their systems now enable them to identify new and wonderful discrepancies between the information we supply, and that that they have already entered. If the previous accountant supplies all previous filings, this is not a problem. If they don't, we end up having to buy the original filing for a £1 to see what was filed. Today we had a discrepancy because the paper form had gone in years ago with an "n" that was entered by CH as an "m".
Choice a). File the annual return with the correct information, have CH report an inconsistency on the company public record, and then to get this removed pay another £14 to have the record amended back to the incorrect information.
Choice b). File a correction to the director's appointment, then file the annual return with the correct information.
Choice c). Write a letter to CH and ask them to amend, though they will helpfully point out they have the right information. Aargh...you have the wrong information that someone with poor handwriting or someone with poor eyesight misinterpreted years ago.
Any readers from CH want to post a reply? Surely CH could be a little bit more flexible here?
- FYAs on second-hand vans 216 6
- Why do I do this every year 341 9
- UKBA financial requirements for spouse visa 240 20
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 289 5
- closing limited company 139 2
- VAT when selling on Amazon 54 1
- HMRC filing meltdown? 475 14
- Childcare voucher schemes 242 9
- IHT and US resident 46 1
- What sectors to target? 582 29
- Limited Companies Merger 205 6
- Incidental costs of Acquisition for inherited property/shares 129 1
- Practice management 375 7
- IHT and cash gifts 241 5
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 514 13
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 1,588 42
- Capital allowances in first basis period 250 1
- eBay trading 230 4
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 258 10
- Self assesment online 948 10
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 925
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 645
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 593
- Latest phishing scam 574
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 409
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 309
- Scratch Head 237
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 229
- Sabbatical payments 193
- Negligible Value Claim 168