M and N - so near and yet so far!
Are any other readers being affected by trying to file data at Companies House electronically? It would seem as though upgrades to their systems now enable them to identify new and wonderful discrepancies between the information we supply, and that that they have already entered. If the previous accountant supplies all previous filings, this is not a problem. If they don't, we end up having to buy the original filing for a £1 to see what was filed. Today we had a discrepancy because the paper form had gone in years ago with an "n" that was entered by CH as an "m".
Choice a). File the annual return with the correct information, have CH report an inconsistency on the company public record, and then to get this removed pay another £14 to have the record amended back to the incorrect information.
Choice b). File a correction to the director's appointment, then file the annual return with the correct information.
Choice c). Write a letter to CH and ask them to amend, though they will helpfully point out they have the right information. Aargh...you have the wrong information that someone with poor handwriting or someone with poor eyesight misinterpreted years ago.
Any readers from CH want to post a reply? Surely CH could be a little bit more flexible here?
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 194 6
- Auto Enrolment - Help each other by sharing known problems 728 14
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 807 1
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 475 10
- Real time 196 2
- Withdrawal of a quote 415 7
- Opt To Tax Refund 258 3
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 243 2
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 230 5
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 609 15
- When to top-up pensions? 195 2
- Support / ticketing software 335 11
- Are Tax Agents designed out of online systems? 334 3
- Imported goods and VAT 155 1
- Annual Return for company for whom director/shareholder has died 444 15
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 597 11
- Stamp Duty 196 3
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,868 22
- Company Number 10000000 1,004 13
- Online accounting provider for multicompany with turnover £10m 373 5
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 473
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 290
- DTA tie-breaker issue 281
- CGT for NOn UK residents 245
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 220
- Apprenticeship Levy 218
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 213
- Just checking re PSA 197
- Capital Gains personal representatives 195
- Mandating Rental income or dividend income to a company 179