M and N - so near and yet so far!
Are any other readers being affected by trying to file data at Companies House electronically? It would seem as though upgrades to their systems now enable them to identify new and wonderful discrepancies between the information we supply, and that that they have already entered. If the previous accountant supplies all previous filings, this is not a problem. If they don't, we end up having to buy the original filing for a £1 to see what was filed. Today we had a discrepancy because the paper form had gone in years ago with an "n" that was entered by CH as an "m".
Choice a). File the annual return with the correct information, have CH report an inconsistency on the company public record, and then to get this removed pay another £14 to have the record amended back to the incorrect information.
Choice b). File a correction to the director's appointment, then file the annual return with the correct information.
Choice c). Write a letter to CH and ask them to amend, though they will helpfully point out they have the right information. Aargh...you have the wrong information that someone with poor handwriting or someone with poor eyesight misinterpreted years ago.
Any readers from CH want to post a reply? Surely CH could be a little bit more flexible here?
- No Prrof of Posting of Tax Return sent by Post 386 12
- Concerned about RTI 2014 1,574 32
- Company Car Purchased in Name of Director 78 1
- Renting property to yourself 286 8
- Definition of "Ultimate Controlling Party" FRS 8 376 16
- Consolidation and subsidiaries with different period ends 88 4
- register as self employed? 98 2
- Who owns SAGE Data? 102 1
- VAT enquiry 66 1
- Write off of former director's loan 207 4
- A previous partnership, a dispute and their conduct now 237 4
- Capital gain or not? 124 3
- EC VAT 154 5
- Accountant software 248 3
- Forecasting Software 194 2
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 1,832 21
- Accountant Pays Clients Tax 392 5
- Which software for practice books? 284 5
- Employer wishes to meet the cost of a number of employees childcare costs 111 3
- LTD company late penalties 256 4
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 627
- CIS to 5/10/13 and HMRC Computer issue 480
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 448
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 274
- How to format a stock book 228
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 192
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 180
- Tax efficient holding company structure 167
- Investment property company accounts template 159
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 149