M and N - so near and yet so far!
Are any other readers being affected by trying to file data at Companies House electronically? It would seem as though upgrades to their systems now enable them to identify new and wonderful discrepancies between the information we supply, and that that they have already entered. If the previous accountant supplies all previous filings, this is not a problem. If they don't, we end up having to buy the original filing for a £1 to see what was filed. Today we had a discrepancy because the paper form had gone in years ago with an "n" that was entered by CH as an "m".
Choice a). File the annual return with the correct information, have CH report an inconsistency on the company public record, and then to get this removed pay another £14 to have the record amended back to the incorrect information.
Choice b). File a correction to the director's appointment, then file the annual return with the correct information.
Choice c). Write a letter to CH and ask them to amend, though they will helpfully point out they have the right information. Aargh...you have the wrong information that someone with poor handwriting or someone with poor eyesight misinterpreted years ago.
Any readers from CH want to post a reply? Surely CH could be a little bit more flexible here?
- directors loan 232 7
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 805 27
- Director registration for SA question 239 11
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 205 3
- New Company reviews please 451 12
- Business only use of company car 600 23
- Holiday pay calculator for client use? 333 4
- CIS not deducted 298 5
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 370 14
- Car Capital Contribution 180 2
- cgt quoted shares losses 197 1
- LLP and corporate members - timing differences impact on corp tax 75 2
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 207 3
- Money Laundering Manual 255 10
- As I was saying, Its VAT question day 350 8
- VAT with Russia 114 1
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,035 28
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 198 2
- Worst corporate entertaining events? 1,150 9
- CGT on Let Property 234 4
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 278
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 234
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 234
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 208
- Any thoughts on Capium? 194
- Expenses Software 189
- auto enrolment 175
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 168
- How to account for investment in JV? 146
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 145