M and N - so near and yet so far!
Are any other readers being affected by trying to file data at Companies House electronically? It would seem as though upgrades to their systems now enable them to identify new and wonderful discrepancies between the information we supply, and that that they have already entered. If the previous accountant supplies all previous filings, this is not a problem. If they don't, we end up having to buy the original filing for a £1 to see what was filed. Today we had a discrepancy because the paper form had gone in years ago with an "n" that was entered by CH as an "m".
Choice a). File the annual return with the correct information, have CH report an inconsistency on the company public record, and then to get this removed pay another £14 to have the record amended back to the incorrect information.
Choice b). File a correction to the director's appointment, then file the annual return with the correct information.
Choice c). Write a letter to CH and ask them to amend, though they will helpfully point out they have the right information. Aargh...you have the wrong information that someone with poor handwriting or someone with poor eyesight misinterpreted years ago.
Any readers from CH want to post a reply? Surely CH could be a little bit more flexible here?
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 473 9
- Group subcontracting - accounts not consolidated 90 2
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,633 42
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 66 1
- CT return error message 326 9
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 65 1
- Should the Report of the Director be included in the interim financial statements of a small company 56 1
- Audit rules 350 8
- Moneysoft Payroll Manager 233 6
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 285 7
- Slipped out of the self assessment radar 199 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 789 11
- Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax 169 2
- FRS17 query 198 2
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 949 6
- Charge HMRC 220 2
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 487 17
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 2,167 25
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 363 8
- VAT 194 2
- Xtuple 540
- Qtac payroll for bureau 369
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 309
- Industrial & Provident Societies 307
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 261
- CIS schemes 203
- Domain name sale and limited company 196
- Investment 178
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 170
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 167