M and N - so near and yet so far!
Are any other readers being affected by trying to file data at Companies House electronically? It would seem as though upgrades to their systems now enable them to identify new and wonderful discrepancies between the information we supply, and that that they have already entered. If the previous accountant supplies all previous filings, this is not a problem. If they don't, we end up having to buy the original filing for a £1 to see what was filed. Today we had a discrepancy because the paper form had gone in years ago with an "n" that was entered by CH as an "m".
Choice a). File the annual return with the correct information, have CH report an inconsistency on the company public record, and then to get this removed pay another £14 to have the record amended back to the incorrect information.
Choice b). File a correction to the director's appointment, then file the annual return with the correct information.
Choice c). Write a letter to CH and ask them to amend, though they will helpfully point out they have the right information. Aargh...you have the wrong information that someone with poor handwriting or someone with poor eyesight misinterpreted years ago.
Any readers from CH want to post a reply? Surely CH could be a little bit more flexible here?
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,771 27
- Value pricing 244 9
- Undeclared Self Employment 1,570 12
- Audit Required 118 3
- company secretarial software 148 2
- Tax repayment for 2013-14 158 3
- Elective DeductionsModel 66 1
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 189 1
- Rental Income 304 6
- Payroll 2012/13 109 1
- I have a pain 699 6
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 91 1
- convert directors loan account to share capital 181 5
- Anyone else seen incorrect tax code notices - rather worring! 738 17
- Belated VAT Exception Application 127 3
- Cash flow 150 2
- New use of home - simplified method 257 4
- CGT and PPR and Lettings Relief? 271 5
- 2 year rule? Self employed. 404 13
- How long is filing an FPS meant to take ? 1,960 32
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 735
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 502
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 350
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 343
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 265
- VAT on Gaming Machines 216
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 203
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 187
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 179
- Director Loan account operation 152