M and N - so near and yet so far!
Are any other readers being affected by trying to file data at Companies House electronically? It would seem as though upgrades to their systems now enable them to identify new and wonderful discrepancies between the information we supply, and that that they have already entered. If the previous accountant supplies all previous filings, this is not a problem. If they don't, we end up having to buy the original filing for a £1 to see what was filed. Today we had a discrepancy because the paper form had gone in years ago with an "n" that was entered by CH as an "m".
Choice a). File the annual return with the correct information, have CH report an inconsistency on the company public record, and then to get this removed pay another £14 to have the record amended back to the incorrect information.
Choice b). File a correction to the director's appointment, then file the annual return with the correct information.
Choice c). Write a letter to CH and ask them to amend, though they will helpfully point out they have the right information. Aargh...you have the wrong information that someone with poor handwriting or someone with poor eyesight misinterpreted years ago.
Any readers from CH want to post a reply? Surely CH could be a little bit more flexible here?
- Value pricing 2,815 37
- Problems with CT600 filing 363 5
- Residential Management Companies 34 1
- Flat rate scheme - which rate to use? 351 11
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 805 34
- Payroll software for Mac 98 1
- Online / Cloud Data Back Up 76 2
- Excel problem - pivot tables and multiple data sources 204 5
- CIS and Close Company 188 6
- LLP members share of profits 618 32
- Late P800 demand shows later year? 414 20
- Electronically supplied services - B2B 125 4
- Employment support allowance and self employed 78 1
- Registered Office 72 2
- Winding up a beneficiary will trust 98 1
- Brain freeze - loss on disposal of company car 284 7
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 533 17
- 64-8 on paper or online? 98 2
- Management fees agreement 155 4
- Marginal rate relief not given on loss carry back 81 1
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 931
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 657
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 384
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 329
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 252
- Paye procedures for CVA 241
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 237
- Expenses Re-imbursed on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 183
- Compliance Checks - Time limits 179
- Pension Fixed Protection 179