M and N - so near and yet so far!
Are any other readers being affected by trying to file data at Companies House electronically? It would seem as though upgrades to their systems now enable them to identify new and wonderful discrepancies between the information we supply, and that that they have already entered. If the previous accountant supplies all previous filings, this is not a problem. If they don't, we end up having to buy the original filing for a £1 to see what was filed. Today we had a discrepancy because the paper form had gone in years ago with an "n" that was entered by CH as an "m".
Choice a). File the annual return with the correct information, have CH report an inconsistency on the company public record, and then to get this removed pay another £14 to have the record amended back to the incorrect information.
Choice b). File a correction to the director's appointment, then file the annual return with the correct information.
Choice c). Write a letter to CH and ask them to amend, though they will helpfully point out they have the right information. Aargh...you have the wrong information that someone with poor handwriting or someone with poor eyesight misinterpreted years ago.
Any readers from CH want to post a reply? Surely CH could be a little bit more flexible here?
- Any Scottish members out there? 5,974 209
- Anti Money Laundering Checks 43 1
- Changing font size in VT Transaction+ 203 6
- Trademark Fun 169 5
- What's your best practice shortcut or 'hack'? 1,478 38
- Can I strike off a company by filing DS01 online? 173 2
- VAT Fuel Scale Charge for Fuel on Private/Personal Car 177 3
- Subsistence - god I hate it! 654 14
- How to issue a loan correctly? 207 2
- Would Director's dividends on non-voting C shares risk being classed as "earnings" for NIC purposes? 179 1
- Recycle old study books 360 9
- Share for share exchange 152 3
- Wind turbines 149 1
- Looking for a qualified accountant 520 2
- Locum Doctor claiming costs for Home Office 209 2
- FL Memo - Any Good 418 7
- VAT claim 359 6
- How to reclaim input tax from mixed use redevelopment? 165 6
- Am I allowed Rent A Room Relief? 414 9
- State Pension 1,224 10
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,059
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 342
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 289
- National Insurance 242
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 224
- Joint construction arrangement CIS and VAT 223
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 208
- Payments on account coded out?? 203
- Non Resident 161
- Franchise income and costs 144