M and N - so near and yet so far!
Are any other readers being affected by trying to file data at Companies House electronically? It would seem as though upgrades to their systems now enable them to identify new and wonderful discrepancies between the information we supply, and that that they have already entered. If the previous accountant supplies all previous filings, this is not a problem. If they don't, we end up having to buy the original filing for a £1 to see what was filed. Today we had a discrepancy because the paper form had gone in years ago with an "n" that was entered by CH as an "m".
Choice a). File the annual return with the correct information, have CH report an inconsistency on the company public record, and then to get this removed pay another £14 to have the record amended back to the incorrect information.
Choice b). File a correction to the director's appointment, then file the annual return with the correct information.
Choice c). Write a letter to CH and ask them to amend, though they will helpfully point out they have the right information. Aargh...you have the wrong information that someone with poor handwriting or someone with poor eyesight misinterpreted years ago.
Any readers from CH want to post a reply? Surely CH could be a little bit more flexible here?
- Redoing accounts for mortgage lender 69 1
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 324 9
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 189 5
- 27,000 Really? 1,169 38
- What are options for non CA firm 2,844 60
- Legal title not in the company name 803 23
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 355 4
- Opening Balances 213 2
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 594 7
- Tax Credits for Self Employed 132 1
- FRS12 Redundancy and notice period provision 100 1
- This is getting boring 628 12
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 271 7
- pension paid by company? 130 3
- inheritance tax 434 12
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 356 9
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 233 4
- State pension 306 3
- Accountancy Career 152 1
- CIC Company 661 13
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 642
- Cancelled 396
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 355
- Cancelled 340
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 311
- Probiz 306
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 282
- How not to compose an email 274
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 259
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 224