M and N - so near and yet so far!
Are any other readers being affected by trying to file data at Companies House electronically? It would seem as though upgrades to their systems now enable them to identify new and wonderful discrepancies between the information we supply, and that that they have already entered. If the previous accountant supplies all previous filings, this is not a problem. If they don't, we end up having to buy the original filing for a £1 to see what was filed. Today we had a discrepancy because the paper form had gone in years ago with an "n" that was entered by CH as an "m".
Choice a). File the annual return with the correct information, have CH report an inconsistency on the company public record, and then to get this removed pay another £14 to have the record amended back to the incorrect information.
Choice b). File a correction to the director's appointment, then file the annual return with the correct information.
Choice c). Write a letter to CH and ask them to amend, though they will helpfully point out they have the right information. Aargh...you have the wrong information that someone with poor handwriting or someone with poor eyesight misinterpreted years ago.
Any readers from CH want to post a reply? Surely CH could be a little bit more flexible here?
- Childcare vouchers 355 8
- Is this a qualifying loan for interest deductions? 50 2
- New Enterprise Allowance 55 1
- VAT Notice 700/64 - claiming VAT on motor repairs 47 1
- two business from one premises 173 3
- VAT transfer on going concern on incorporation 38 1
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 239 4
- HMRC property income enquiry 395 9
- 10 Worst xmas presents for an accountant 322 4
- Merry Christmas 105 2
- THEATRE SHOW - HIRE - VAT PAYABLE ON TICKET SALES 78 3
- New Incorporations - ERTNAC hoax - anyone else seen this? 1,079 12
- Anyone else still working this week? 414 13
- LTD home office - would HMRC seek to disallow 1,427 9
- Using home as clients registered address 153 3
- Client being taken to court and really do not know what to do 541 12
- Section 165 TCGA 1992 - time limit? 117 2
- How much does the company pay 721 30
- AIA 293 18
- Van Benefit in Kind Query 183 5
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 506
- corporate hierarchy 470
- Advice - 325
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 274
- WWOOFers 265
- The booking.com con 248
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 243
- Cocaine anyone? 230
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 218
- UK State pension paid in NZ 177