M and N - so near and yet so far!
Are any other readers being affected by trying to file data at Companies House electronically? It would seem as though upgrades to their systems now enable them to identify new and wonderful discrepancies between the information we supply, and that that they have already entered. If the previous accountant supplies all previous filings, this is not a problem. If they don't, we end up having to buy the original filing for a £1 to see what was filed. Today we had a discrepancy because the paper form had gone in years ago with an "n" that was entered by CH as an "m".
Choice a). File the annual return with the correct information, have CH report an inconsistency on the company public record, and then to get this removed pay another £14 to have the record amended back to the incorrect information.
Choice b). File a correction to the director's appointment, then file the annual return with the correct information.
Choice c). Write a letter to CH and ask them to amend, though they will helpfully point out they have the right information. Aargh...you have the wrong information that someone with poor handwriting or someone with poor eyesight misinterpreted years ago.
Any readers from CH want to post a reply? Surely CH could be a little bit more flexible here?
- Corporation Tax Software 243 7
- Clients have been told I'm working from home 318 9
- Signed accounts for a lender 281 15
- FreeAgent question 287 8
- Mortgage interest 48 1
- How many associated companies 69 1
- New Agency rules - who's responsible? 59 1
- Goodie bag 2,459 68
- Practising options 462 6
- Self-employed or Ltd Company or seek employment 413 10
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 550 5
- Software recommendations? 380 5
- can I approach clients ? 692 10
- Latest scam e-mails 147 1
- BrightPay 951 27
- Budget 2015 predictions 611 14
- Regular Director bonus 198 3
- Have the new quarterly employer returns been finalised and where do you get them? 205 1
- accounting in estate agents 112 1
- Network marketing client - how does it work? 363 7
- Possible Partnership? 673
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 528
- New Fangled Penalties 460
- Fuming! 447
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 327
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 266
- Outsource Data Entry 247
- Moving away from CCH software 246
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 243
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 190