M and N - so near and yet so far!
Are any other readers being affected by trying to file data at Companies House electronically? It would seem as though upgrades to their systems now enable them to identify new and wonderful discrepancies between the information we supply, and that that they have already entered. If the previous accountant supplies all previous filings, this is not a problem. If they don't, we end up having to buy the original filing for a £1 to see what was filed. Today we had a discrepancy because the paper form had gone in years ago with an "n" that was entered by CH as an "m".
Choice a). File the annual return with the correct information, have CH report an inconsistency on the company public record, and then to get this removed pay another £14 to have the record amended back to the incorrect information.
Choice b). File a correction to the director's appointment, then file the annual return with the correct information.
Choice c). Write a letter to CH and ask them to amend, though they will helpfully point out they have the right information. Aargh...you have the wrong information that someone with poor handwriting or someone with poor eyesight misinterpreted years ago.
Any readers from CH want to post a reply? Surely CH could be a little bit more flexible here?
- Accountant Specialization. 209 2
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 148 4
- No presenter ID for Companies House - ixbrl 90 1
- Rectify overpaid childcare vouchers, how? 138 2
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 141 6
- Claiming VAT on car lease 409 27
- Capital Gains Tax on property with multiple uses 54 1
- Returning papers to ex-clients 574 7
- How to network with other Accountants? 655 5
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 98 2
- Freelance/Employee 619 15
- Agent Authorisation Issue 158 2
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 307 6
- Is it just me ... 234 5
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 273 4
- CIS registration when already registered for PAYE 100 4
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 329 10
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 216 1
- Directors exempt from AE? 1,506 18
- R&D - HMRC Manual 115 2
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 744
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 404
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 351
- Electric Car 287
- S222 Charge 237
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 183
- IP trans to holding company 182
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 169
- AIA 163
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 154