Management Accounts vs The Books
how do businesses in practice deal with the fact that management accounts may need to have things showing in different periods to the books/ Vat records?
eg invoice from supplier A relates to event on 28 Feb but invoice is dated 3 March?
Is it common practice to download the books into excel and then move things around? Surely most small businesses then have problems with the management accounts not actually reconciling to the books or balancing in terms of double entry?
Any light you can shed on this process would be much appreciated. My boss who is not an accountant currently gets our assistant to retype each Purchase Order and Invoice into an excel Tracker. Everything is then individually reentered into a cloud accounts package similar to basic sage.
Do any versions of Quickbooks deal with this problem automatically without entering everything twice?
Thanks in advance...
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 807 18
- Tasks for new trainees 161 4
- Capital Gains on Inherited Property 277 10
- VAT on garage rent 143 9
- Error or mistake claims (as was) 92 1
- Partnership profit share - tax efficient for husband and wife 162 3
- Property scam victim 317 5
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 245 6
- How to use importing procedure for Transfers between the bank accounts 59 1
- Have i messed up? 750 11
- Are HMRC getting it right? 424 8
- 10 year debentures and CT 58 1
- Is there a legal obligation for the Inspector to hand over minutes of a meeting 113 2
- Obvious Question but if NOT registered for VAT EU refunds as under minimum amounts, what does an expense get recorded as for UK VAT return? 73 1
- COMPANY DIRECTOR 76 1
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 571 15
- Offshore insurance bonds 107 2
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,651 46
- Tax Returns, 2011-2012 265 6
- Aggressive HMRC 1,819 19
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,094
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 576
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 384
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 290
- Charge out rates in London? 246
- Interest on Loan to a Company 190
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 175
- Agent fees to sell business 166
- Alphabet shares 161
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 155