Management Accounts vs The Books
how do businesses in practice deal with the fact that management accounts may need to have things showing in different periods to the books/ Vat records?
eg invoice from supplier A relates to event on 28 Feb but invoice is dated 3 March?
Is it common practice to download the books into excel and then move things around? Surely most small businesses then have problems with the management accounts not actually reconciling to the books or balancing in terms of double entry?
Any light you can shed on this process would be much appreciated. My boss who is not an accountant currently gets our assistant to retype each Purchase Order and Invoice into an excel Tracker. Everything is then individually reentered into a cloud accounts package similar to basic sage.
Do any versions of Quickbooks deal with this problem automatically without entering everything twice?
Thanks in advance...
- Losses for tax purposes 384 13
- ICAEW Re-admission 195 2
- non-qualifying FHL/rent-a-room relief 261 5
- Foreign Partner - SA109? 254 4
- setting up in Gibraltar 270 3
- mileage reimbursement 331 9
- Do sale of PPR's need declaring on tax return? 372 6
- Self employed want to go on their own payroll - possible? 163 1
- CT600 software 425 13
- P111D expenses and partnership 269 5
- Belgium-UK double taxation treaty 159 1
- Flat rate Vat- acquiring asset 201 1
- How much tax should I be payng? 1,152 35
- HMRC DISALLOWING MY LOAN INTEREST 772 15
- Company name change after year end - which name to use? 295 4
- THEATRE SHOW - HIRE - VAT PAYABLE ON TICKET SALES 278 5
- Director issuing and buying shares in private Co 410 8
- Van Benefit in Kind Query 330 8
- Dividends with four shareholders (lopsided equity)? 286 2
- Surely not? 718 11
- The booking.com con 446
- WWOOFers 402
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 395
- Ho Ho Ho 382
- Purpose of issuing Holding share capital for s135 share exchange 273
- barclays UK vesus barclays US 271
- Indicator/ FLMemo tax essentials for advisors 194
- Partners owning Partnership trading premises 193
- FHL & Rent a Room Interaction 181
- Staff time recording software 163