Management Accounts vs The Books
how do businesses in practice deal with the fact that management accounts may need to have things showing in different periods to the books/ Vat records?
eg invoice from supplier A relates to event on 28 Feb but invoice is dated 3 March?
Is it common practice to download the books into excel and then move things around? Surely most small businesses then have problems with the management accounts not actually reconciling to the books or balancing in terms of double entry?
Any light you can shed on this process would be much appreciated. My boss who is not an accountant currently gets our assistant to retype each Purchase Order and Invoice into an excel Tracker. Everything is then individually reentered into a cloud accounts package similar to basic sage.
Do any versions of Quickbooks deal with this problem automatically without entering everything twice?
Thanks in advance...
- AML report needed? 114 2
- The stupidity continues 1,267 66
- How to claim subsistence for working away from home 132 2
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 379 9
- Marketing and email surprises 443 9
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 758 26
- What is IRIS World like? 405 10
- Bank request To verify Accounts 138 1
- transactions after account have been closed 295 9
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 316 5
- Mlom bollocks 222 4
- VT Transactions Stock Issues 95 2
- Non-Europe based but want to do UK taxes 158 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 579 11
- Can I claim Vat on solicitors invoices? 300 6
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 276 6
- Calculating capital gains tax for non-residents UK residential property 163 1
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,371 25
- New Employers Helpline 229 4
- Software recommendations 291 1
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 443
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 442
- WIP Software 306
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 291
- No payroll scheme in place 240
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 235
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 214
- Is there anything wrong with this? 210
- Small Part Disposal of Property 196
- Uncommercial property business 186