Management Accounts vs The Books
how do businesses in practice deal with the fact that management accounts may need to have things showing in different periods to the books/ Vat records?
eg invoice from supplier A relates to event on 28 Feb but invoice is dated 3 March?
Is it common practice to download the books into excel and then move things around? Surely most small businesses then have problems with the management accounts not actually reconciling to the books or balancing in terms of double entry?
Any light you can shed on this process would be much appreciated. My boss who is not an accountant currently gets our assistant to retype each Purchase Order and Invoice into an excel Tracker. Everything is then individually reentered into a cloud accounts package similar to basic sage.
Do any versions of Quickbooks deal with this problem automatically without entering everything twice?
Thanks in advance...
- Director or self-employed 268 2
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 1,356 25
- 31 Jan Procrastination Question: Computer Monitors 577 17
- Anybody still doing returns? 987 37
- BVI registered 170 4
- Closing a limited company 387 6
- Self assessment for directors 163 2
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 274 10
- Tax Penalty overreaction 2,614 17
- A little knowledge 389 6
- Digita in the cloud 165 2
- Tax relief when working away 86 1
- Tax relief when working away 194 3
- Designated sole Residence 252 5
- Scratch Head 357 1
- Year end 274 2
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 329 13
- Clothing 647 19
- Investment properties/freehold land 176 6
- Parent and subsidiary... 210 5
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 966
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 689
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 632
- Latest phishing scam 613
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 455
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 335
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 268
- Still Christmas at HMRC? 234
- Sabbatical payments 227
- Negligible Value Claim 209