Management Accounts vs The Books
how do businesses in practice deal with the fact that management accounts may need to have things showing in different periods to the books/ Vat records?
eg invoice from supplier A relates to event on 28 Feb but invoice is dated 3 March?
Is it common practice to download the books into excel and then move things around? Surely most small businesses then have problems with the management accounts not actually reconciling to the books or balancing in terms of double entry?
Any light you can shed on this process would be much appreciated. My boss who is not an accountant currently gets our assistant to retype each Purchase Order and Invoice into an excel Tracker. Everything is then individually reentered into a cloud accounts package similar to basic sage.
Do any versions of Quickbooks deal with this problem automatically without entering everything twice?
Thanks in advance...
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,850 58
- Allowable charity donation? 97 2
- Debiting private use proportion to directors loan account 327 14
- Entries on SATR for Non Dom with unremitted income < £2k 95 5
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 1,608 26
- Giving a seminar 354 20
- New HMRC phone answering method ... 723 10
- Contra entry in Sage Line 50 accounts professional 31 2
- Capital Gains on Inherited Property 403 16
- Ltd co client preparing own self assessment tax returns 1,040 10
- COMPANY DIRECTOR 193 4
- Pattern for CTA 151 3
- Dazed & confused 972 6
- Quickbooks or Xero or Kashflow? 394 8
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 178 3
- General legal fees 102 2
- Property scam victim 433 10
- Website - Should I upgrade? 210 6
- Checking a contract 217 7
- Company Fuel - Reimbursement to avoid Benefit in Kind 169 7
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,151
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 589
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 397
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 300
- Interest on Loan to a Company 200
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 180
- Agent fees to sell business 178
- Alphabet shares 172
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 163
- Residency 91 day rule 158