Management Accounts vs The Books
how do businesses in practice deal with the fact that management accounts may need to have things showing in different periods to the books/ Vat records?
eg invoice from supplier A relates to event on 28 Feb but invoice is dated 3 March?
Is it common practice to download the books into excel and then move things around? Surely most small businesses then have problems with the management accounts not actually reconciling to the books or balancing in terms of double entry?
Any light you can shed on this process would be much appreciated. My boss who is not an accountant currently gets our assistant to retype each Purchase Order and Invoice into an excel Tracker. Everything is then individually reentered into a cloud accounts package similar to basic sage.
Do any versions of Quickbooks deal with this problem automatically without entering everything twice?
Thanks in advance...
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 134 3
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 202 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 275 13
- Prefer to start accepting Online Card Payments 120 1
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 901 25
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 221 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 125 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 256 7
- New Email Extensions 146 1
- SA302 204 3
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 1,102 56
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 277 2
- Dental practice incorpration 128 1
- Audit rules 167 4
- Go Cardless 283 8
- business entertaining deductibility 150 1
- Self assessment tax arrears 184 2
- R & D 110 3
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 93 1
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 172 1
- Xtuple 502
- Qtac payroll for bureau 337
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 284
- Industrial & Provident Societies 277
- Mehjoo 223
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 221
- New strategic report 173
- Domain name sale and limited company 160
- South African Government Pension 156
- CIS schemes 154