Management Accounts vs The Books
how do businesses in practice deal with the fact that management accounts may need to have things showing in different periods to the books/ Vat records?
eg invoice from supplier A relates to event on 28 Feb but invoice is dated 3 March?
Is it common practice to download the books into excel and then move things around? Surely most small businesses then have problems with the management accounts not actually reconciling to the books or balancing in terms of double entry?
Any light you can shed on this process would be much appreciated. My boss who is not an accountant currently gets our assistant to retype each Purchase Order and Invoice into an excel Tracker. Everything is then individually reentered into a cloud accounts package similar to basic sage.
Do any versions of Quickbooks deal with this problem automatically without entering everything twice?
Thanks in advance...
- Invoicing for monthly clients 60 1
- Entrepreneur's Relief Query 183 4
- Anyone using PracticePA? 260 5
- Do your DIY clients ever get their books right ? 69 1
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 649 26
- Tax - Paying Yearly 278 11
- Seeking advice: CGT after divorce when house sold and neither party was resident 195 3
- New company uses old Bank Account 235 3
- How do I correct a previous accountants major mistake on PAYE/SA? 465 5
- Sage Drive Queue.dta file lock out 342 8
- When is commencing trading not commening trading 192 3
- Income tax: Interaction between new marriage allowance and new nil band on savings interest 190 1
- charities 224 3
- How to find difference in Sage bank rec 283 6
- Auto enrollment. What's the basis for contribution ? 134 1
- converting garage to use as office 328 2
- recommended auto-enrolment pension scheme providers 664 13
- HOW is anyone obtaining an EORI number prior to shipment? 132 2
- How best to split income on a Buy To Let - married. How do you decide beneficial ownership 1,211 11
- Strike off 452 9
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 381
- Any thoughts on Capium? 341
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 295
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 268
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 254
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 231
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 177
- French ConnectionUK 168
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 163
- APN's 159