Management Accounts vs The Books
how do businesses in practice deal with the fact that management accounts may need to have things showing in different periods to the books/ Vat records?
eg invoice from supplier A relates to event on 28 Feb but invoice is dated 3 March?
Is it common practice to download the books into excel and then move things around? Surely most small businesses then have problems with the management accounts not actually reconciling to the books or balancing in terms of double entry?
Any light you can shed on this process would be much appreciated. My boss who is not an accountant currently gets our assistant to retype each Purchase Order and Invoice into an excel Tracker. Everything is then individually reentered into a cloud accounts package similar to basic sage.
Do any versions of Quickbooks deal with this problem automatically without entering everything twice?
Thanks in advance...
- FRS12 Redundancy and notice period provision 142 3
- Splitting hairs with a national firm 1,757 13
- Terminal / cessation loss relief against rental income 27 2
- Deduction from Salary 732 21
- Company struck off 201 6
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,395 53
- Tax Credits for Self Employed 211 2
- Do I need a smartphone? 215 4
- Opening Balances 275 6
- Redoing accounts for mortgage lender 266 6
- Employment Allowance 400 7
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 359 12
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 480 9
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 362 9
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 281 1
- West Bromich Albion 359 2
- What are options for non CA firm 2,914 61
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 438 10
- 27,000 Really? 1,268 38
- Legal title not in the company name 829 23
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 648
- Cancelled 402
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 356
- Cancelled 347
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 324
- How not to compose an email 320
- Probiz 311
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 290
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 226
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 203