Management Accounts vs The Books
how do businesses in practice deal with the fact that management accounts may need to have things showing in different periods to the books/ Vat records?
eg invoice from supplier A relates to event on 28 Feb but invoice is dated 3 March?
Is it common practice to download the books into excel and then move things around? Surely most small businesses then have problems with the management accounts not actually reconciling to the books or balancing in terms of double entry?
Any light you can shed on this process would be much appreciated. My boss who is not an accountant currently gets our assistant to retype each Purchase Order and Invoice into an excel Tracker. Everything is then individually reentered into a cloud accounts package similar to basic sage.
Do any versions of Quickbooks deal with this problem automatically without entering everything twice?
Thanks in advance...
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 335 4
- FPS or EPS 109 2
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 1,978 17
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 227 3
- Continuity of Practice 158 2
- IRIS Professional Yearend 109 2
- Letting Agents - requirement for audit of clients accounts 303 10
- Scams are not always obvious 2,179 34
- Financial statements accounting policies 239 5
- Does Members voluntary liquidation require change of year end 145 3
- Market Value/Connected Persons 288 10
- Online Downtime 331 4
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 323 3
- What do you all do in your spare time? 784 31
- Personal allowance 671 15
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 176 2
- Google contacts sharing within our domain 444 6
- New Fangled Penalties 1,120 1
- New client has not reported director's pay by RTI 406 10
- VAT on employee loan 307 5
- Moving away from CCH software 944
- QROP pension input amounts 435
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 377
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 352
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 320
- fraud 276
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 250
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 219
- Construction CIS LLP Company 207
- EPS and CIS deductions 192