Management Accounts vs The Books
how do businesses in practice deal with the fact that management accounts may need to have things showing in different periods to the books/ Vat records?
eg invoice from supplier A relates to event on 28 Feb but invoice is dated 3 March?
Is it common practice to download the books into excel and then move things around? Surely most small businesses then have problems with the management accounts not actually reconciling to the books or balancing in terms of double entry?
Any light you can shed on this process would be much appreciated. My boss who is not an accountant currently gets our assistant to retype each Purchase Order and Invoice into an excel Tracker. Everything is then individually reentered into a cloud accounts package similar to basic sage.
Do any versions of Quickbooks deal with this problem automatically without entering everything twice?
Thanks in advance...
- Charity Account-independent examiner 217 4
- Concurrent users 786 11
- Bank account frozen 187 4
- Can employer reduce my ACCA tuition fees? 91 1
- Comment Deletion 126 1
- change director details just before striking-off 147 2
- owner paying for purchases and other expenses from personal account 212 4
- Where to enter asset disposal proceeds on CT600 106 1
- VAT on Second Hand Touring Caravans 233 7
- Set-off interest received against interest paid? 119 1
- VAT and selling on Amazon 119 1
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 885 26
- Writing Website Content 692 23
- Share valuation upon death of shareholder 141 2
- Pension contributions and childcare vouchers 194 4
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 256 2
- Badges of trade 368 6
- Can HMRC charge penalties now for a tax return due for 2005? 304 4
- CT61 Interest - Is it voluntary? 161 2
- AIA 362 5
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 454
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 425
- Electric Car 359
- S222 Charge 288
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 266
- IP trans to holding company 224
- Payroll Manager - tax code for starter declaration 'C' 208
- Car used both in a partnership and sole trader business - how to claim capital allowances? 198
- Career advice needed regarding accouting systems analysis 171
- Simple Partnership Agreement Template 170