Management Accounts vs The Books
how do businesses in practice deal with the fact that management accounts may need to have things showing in different periods to the books/ Vat records?
eg invoice from supplier A relates to event on 28 Feb but invoice is dated 3 March?
Is it common practice to download the books into excel and then move things around? Surely most small businesses then have problems with the management accounts not actually reconciling to the books or balancing in terms of double entry?
Any light you can shed on this process would be much appreciated. My boss who is not an accountant currently gets our assistant to retype each Purchase Order and Invoice into an excel Tracker. Everything is then individually reentered into a cloud accounts package similar to basic sage.
Do any versions of Quickbooks deal with this problem automatically without entering everything twice?
Thanks in advance...
- Dress code 547 14
- Dividend 32 1
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax Consultancy 2014 328 2
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 1,117 33
- ACCA practice certificates 97 2
- Accounts submitted to a the charities comission 224 5
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 185 3
- Tax on grant a lease - no proceeds 117 1
- What would you do in this situation? 710 14
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 536 16
- Project being run jointly 227 3
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 329 4
- Companies House 625 9
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 400 11
- Where to start to get any of jobs in Finance and Accounting Industry 748 9
- How much did you pay for your website 1,467 25
- Help Required 443 10
- directors control and tax problems 344 5
- Fastest Software 818 13
- What's in a name ? 433 5
- CTA study material 720
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 442
- Employment related securities question 280
- AIM Stocks and IHT 257
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 240
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 220
- Expat pension contributions? 210
- Trust for Employee 208
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 192
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 126