Management Accounts vs The Books
how do businesses in practice deal with the fact that management accounts may need to have things showing in different periods to the books/ Vat records?
eg invoice from supplier A relates to event on 28 Feb but invoice is dated 3 March?
Is it common practice to download the books into excel and then move things around? Surely most small businesses then have problems with the management accounts not actually reconciling to the books or balancing in terms of double entry?
Any light you can shed on this process would be much appreciated. My boss who is not an accountant currently gets our assistant to retype each Purchase Order and Invoice into an excel Tracker. Everything is then individually reentered into a cloud accounts package similar to basic sage.
Do any versions of Quickbooks deal with this problem automatically without entering everything twice?
Thanks in advance...
- vat return 245 3
- Flat rate vat 69 1
- Payroo Employer allowance query 163 5
- Value pricing 711 26
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 145 4
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,012 32
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 174 4
- Private residence relief with entrepreneur relief mix 281 4
- Reregister for VAT 130 2
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 197 6
- Weely paid employees 243 3
- Would this save hours of your time? 471 11
- Director's tax return 279 6
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 213 6
- Wrong career 475 18
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 285 7
- Laptop purchase 1,393 20
- PTP software disaster 279 2
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 232 2
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 103 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 798
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 550
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 416
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 294
- Free Tax Legislation? 266
- Director Loan account operation 245
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 240
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 236
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 229
- Paye procedures for CVA 159