Management Accounts vs The Books
how do businesses in practice deal with the fact that management accounts may need to have things showing in different periods to the books/ Vat records?
eg invoice from supplier A relates to event on 28 Feb but invoice is dated 3 March?
Is it common practice to download the books into excel and then move things around? Surely most small businesses then have problems with the management accounts not actually reconciling to the books or balancing in terms of double entry?
Any light you can shed on this process would be much appreciated. My boss who is not an accountant currently gets our assistant to retype each Purchase Order and Invoice into an excel Tracker. Everything is then individually reentered into a cloud accounts package similar to basic sage.
Do any versions of Quickbooks deal with this problem automatically without entering everything twice?
Thanks in advance...
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,391 21
- Expenses Apps 253 5
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 2,670 25
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 524 10
- Errors in prior year accounts 862 23
- What is going on with VAT applications?? 1,990 39
- VAT & capitalising 140 3
- Final year's accounts 172 1
- Do I Need A Balance Sheet? 330 5
- Self Assessment Tax Return Penalties 315 5
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 319 7
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 269 15
- Have we a distribution when we reduced our capital but it hadn't been registered? & tax implications in winding up 156 2
- What are options for non CA firm 1,990 36
- Invoice Help 262 7
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 195 3
- Employee overpaid who has left 263 4
- Limited Company keeping receipts 251 3
- Sorry ignore me 923 24
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 602 5
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 626
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 534
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 298
- Cancelled 285
- Cancelled 246
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 195
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 192
- Probiz 180
- Married woman dies owning marital home 171
- What's the market like for temps? 168