Management Accounts vs The Books
how do businesses in practice deal with the fact that management accounts may need to have things showing in different periods to the books/ Vat records?
eg invoice from supplier A relates to event on 28 Feb but invoice is dated 3 March?
Is it common practice to download the books into excel and then move things around? Surely most small businesses then have problems with the management accounts not actually reconciling to the books or balancing in terms of double entry?
Any light you can shed on this process would be much appreciated. My boss who is not an accountant currently gets our assistant to retype each Purchase Order and Invoice into an excel Tracker. Everything is then individually reentered into a cloud accounts package similar to basic sage.
Do any versions of Quickbooks deal with this problem automatically without entering everything twice?
Thanks in advance...
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 764 19
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,268 47
- Xerocon 2016 1,140 31
- Website Content 21 1
- Mortgage Reference 450 5
- Personal Tax 595 12
- New Build 127 1
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 100 1
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 126 1
- USA Tax Query 270 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 416 5
- last minute request 620 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 319 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 353 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,718 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 977 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 393 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 633 18
- Corrupt Excel File 695 10
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 2,011 43