Management Accounts vs The Books
how do businesses in practice deal with the fact that management accounts may need to have things showing in different periods to the books/ Vat records?
eg invoice from supplier A relates to event on 28 Feb but invoice is dated 3 March?
Is it common practice to download the books into excel and then move things around? Surely most small businesses then have problems with the management accounts not actually reconciling to the books or balancing in terms of double entry?
Any light you can shed on this process would be much appreciated. My boss who is not an accountant currently gets our assistant to retype each Purchase Order and Invoice into an excel Tracker. Everything is then individually reentered into a cloud accounts package similar to basic sage.
Do any versions of Quickbooks deal with this problem automatically without entering everything twice?
Thanks in advance...
- Sale of Limited Co computer 52 1
- Outside the scope VAT box 6 77 2
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 647 16
- Sole Trader or Ltd Company 406 4
- New Client works under PAYE but is about to set up own LTD. 61 2
- Charge for tax returns 642 12
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 349 4
- Real time 246 3
- Company Number 10000000 1,077 14
- Childcare voucher scheme for a director earning the minimum amount 405 14
- Reimbursing director travel costs 193 1
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,871 42
- When to top-up pensions? 269 3
- Coming off flat rate VAT 222 1
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 209 6
- Auto Enrolment - Help each other by sharing known problems 757 14
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 827 1
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 506 10
- Withdrawal of a quote 547 7
- Opt To Tax Refund 278 3
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 475
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 291
- DTA tie-breaker issue 282
- CGT for NOn UK residents 246
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 222
- Apprenticeship Levy 221
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 214
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 201
- Just checking re PSA 199
- Capital Gains personal representatives 198