Management Accounts vs The Books
how do businesses in practice deal with the fact that management accounts may need to have things showing in different periods to the books/ Vat records?
eg invoice from supplier A relates to event on 28 Feb but invoice is dated 3 March?
Is it common practice to download the books into excel and then move things around? Surely most small businesses then have problems with the management accounts not actually reconciling to the books or balancing in terms of double entry?
Any light you can shed on this process would be much appreciated. My boss who is not an accountant currently gets our assistant to retype each Purchase Order and Invoice into an excel Tracker. Everything is then individually reentered into a cloud accounts package similar to basic sage.
Do any versions of Quickbooks deal with this problem automatically without entering everything twice?
Thanks in advance...
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 187 5
- unmarried couple, two houses, one rental - CGT? 105 5
- recompense capital input 53 1
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 947 22
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 156 3
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 554 14
- What shall I reduce payments on account to? 123 3
- Deferred Tax Asset & Liability 370 9
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 224 5
- Merging my businesses 207 3
- Spousal transfer and PPR 565 19
- Where has Portia gone? 2,013 66
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 462 8
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 344 9
- Sage Vat return box 2 328 1
- Holiday entitlement 583 11
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 324 7
- Capital allowances on taxis 153 1
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 233 3
- Sage line 50 payment before invoice date 210 11
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 791
- RTI - duplicate employee record 558
- Pensions Regulator 450
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 410
- Sanzar 313
- Portia ... Where art thou 313
- Digital marketing focus group 297
- How do you do it 295
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 271
- new investor structure 178