Mayan accounting error?
It seems that the world has not come to an end today on 21 December 2012 - as was widely predicted based on the Mayan calendar.
According to Dr Geoffrey Braswell of the University of California (quoted by the BBC):
"The 2012 phenomenon is essentially an accounting problem; a misinterpretation of some very ancient book keeping".
Just goes to show that whatever happens - or doesn't - its the accountants wot gets the blame!
Happy Christmas y'all.
- Claiming the expenses of Scooby 165 3
- tax credits 89 2
- Seeking advice: Freehold Pub Lease 257 9
- Legitimate Expectation 114 2
- What do do about VAT? 414 14
- Payroll got out of synch 333 10
- Holding company - accounts and tax return 74 1
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 1,064 23
- Amending 13-14 sole trader return to reflect increased profit in 14-15 134 2
- Client right to working papers 1,205 8
- Stamp duty or SDLT payable on admission to a partnership? 163 3
- Are there any auto-enrolment engagement letter templates? 841 18
- Directors, service companies and national minimum wage (NMW) - Profit extraction 247 6
- Accounts Package 584 14
- Seeking advice: Paying Funeral Costs 640 7
- Share issue and transfer 106 3
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 629 7
- Old payroll 231 5
- HMRC Debt collectors 310 4
- Special Puprose Vehicle (SPV) company 186 4
- NHS finance professionals 589
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 387
- Foreign Pension Contribution 361
- vat gross profit percentage margins 332
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 321
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 302
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 264
- Thinning income 262
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 219
- IFA income recognition & reporting 198