Mayan accounting error?
It seems that the world has not come to an end today on 21 December 2012 - as was widely predicted based on the Mayan calendar.
According to Dr Geoffrey Braswell of the University of California (quoted by the BBC):
"The 2012 phenomenon is essentially an accounting problem; a misinterpretation of some very ancient book keeping".
Just goes to show that whatever happens - or doesn't - its the accountants wot gets the blame!
Happy Christmas y'all.
- Very large share capital by mistake 381 6
- 24 month rule and expenses 153 1
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 369 3
- Love is in the air 445 6
- Setting up a practice 209 3
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 637 17
- Stamp Duty 283 4
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 226 4
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,773 21
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 486 5
- Incorporation of gp practise 183 1
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 254 9
- Auto enrolment confusion 2,014 46
- Client Paperwork Retention? 555 13
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 565 7
- Tax Overlap Reporting 340 4
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 385 9
- Reimbursing director travel costs 438 6
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 466 8
- Sage 50 VAT Return 287 2
- DTA tie-breaker issue 295
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 282
- CGT for NOn UK residents 278
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 274
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 249
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 237
- Apprenticeship Levy 232
- Capital Gains personal representatives 219
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 219
- Discretionary payment to sick employee 194