Mayan accounting error?
It seems that the world has not come to an end today on 21 December 2012 - as was widely predicted based on the Mayan calendar.
According to Dr Geoffrey Braswell of the University of California (quoted by the BBC):
"The 2012 phenomenon is essentially an accounting problem; a misinterpretation of some very ancient book keeping".
Just goes to show that whatever happens - or doesn't - its the accountants wot gets the blame!
Happy Christmas y'all.
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 546 21
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 256 2
- P35 and Service Company questions 173 4
- Administrative restoration 97 1
- VAT, vans, sole traders and business use. 1,613 13
- Bereavment payment 133 3
- Double tax treaty Italy and UK 109 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 1,144 7
- Can anyone advise on the best VAT Scheme to change to? 284 4
- Apologies for reposting this but first post was on Friday afternoon! 370 2
- CT600 Computations - Company Tax Return help 1,304 14
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 165 2
- Companies House incorporation service 371 12
- Factors affecting tax charge FRS 19 (marginal rate) 86 1
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 204 6
- Long period of account for Corporation Tax 284 7
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 151 3
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 167 3
- Share Capital 145 2
- Trading income or not? 213 1
- Xtuple 550
- Qtac payroll for bureau 377
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 321
- Industrial & Provident Societies 315
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 297
- CIS schemes 225
- Domain name sale and limited company 206
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 192
- Investment 189
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 181