Mayan accounting error?
It seems that the world has not come to an end today on 21 December 2012 - as was widely predicted based on the Mayan calendar.
According to Dr Geoffrey Braswell of the University of California (quoted by the BBC):
"The 2012 phenomenon is essentially an accounting problem; a misinterpretation of some very ancient book keeping".
Just goes to show that whatever happens - or doesn't - its the accountants wot gets the blame!
Happy Christmas y'all.
- Advice for new build property 31 3
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 226 8
- Any reasons for a dissolved company to comply with HMRC requesting Corporation Tax and Tax Returns 453 20
- Should training costs being reclaimed be deducted from gross or net salary 264 5
- Directors exempt from AE? 1,279 17
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 198 4
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,037 25
- VAT FRS for a Formula 2 Racing Driver 271 8
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 205 3
- Claiming accommodation as employment expense? 112 1
- Sage Line 50 92 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,933 58
- mileage claim via self assessment - how far back? 146 2
- HMRC Post 352 5
- Freelance/Employee 578 14
- Can you have two types of sales? Sales with VAT and Sale without VAT? 540 11
- Salary Sacrifice andy subsistence payments 336 8
- Employment Allowance 382 3
- RBS advising client they don't want his business 2,420 13
- Auto-enrolment staging dates, letters etc 217 4
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 400
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 370
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 345
- Electric Car 282
- S222 Charge 233
- IP trans to holding company 181
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 178
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 166
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 163
- AIA 153