Mayan accounting error?
It seems that the world has not come to an end today on 21 December 2012 - as was widely predicted based on the Mayan calendar.
According to Dr Geoffrey Braswell of the University of California (quoted by the BBC):
"The 2012 phenomenon is essentially an accounting problem; a misinterpretation of some very ancient book keeping".
Just goes to show that whatever happens - or doesn't - its the accountants wot gets the blame!
Happy Christmas y'all.
- Outsourcing Payroll 67 1
- sage 95 3
- Separate Pay runs for salary and commission 151 4
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 1,045 13
- ATT Exam tips and study help 201 4
- NO SUCH THING AS UNQUALIED ACCOUNTANT 110 1
- FBI2 197 3
- Double entry 158 4
- Companies House 133 3
- Small house in garden 140 1
- THE PUBLIC SECTOR SUCKS 130 2
- Clients 917 18
- can a dormant company make an employer pension contribution? 285 12
- Manually amending PAYE Code Number in HMRC Basic PAYE Tools 142 5
- Accountants not providing all required information 270 4
- Director's personal expenses paid by the Company 310 5
- Sage 50 - How do I find the column headings when I export to CSV 128 5
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 517 11
- Bureau payroll software and Auto Enrolment - which is the best? 169 3
- SAGE winforecast 251 1
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 537
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 467
- EPS and CIS deductions 327
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 310
- Construction CIS LLP Company 299
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 295
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 262
- Overdrawn director account 217
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 204
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 199