Mayan accounting error?
It seems that the world has not come to an end today on 21 December 2012 - as was widely predicted based on the Mayan calendar.
According to Dr Geoffrey Braswell of the University of California (quoted by the BBC):
"The 2012 phenomenon is essentially an accounting problem; a misinterpretation of some very ancient book keeping".
Just goes to show that whatever happens - or doesn't - its the accountants wot gets the blame!
Happy Christmas y'all.
- Dividends 12 1
- When should i raise VAT invoice after pro-forma payment received? 361 11
- break even point 730 21
- Easy way to de-register as employer? 160 2
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 548 14
- Companies House iphone app - alternatives? 73 1
- VAT for Small Property Development Company 66 1
- Failure to operate PAYE 1,190 28
- Classic cars investment 378 11
- National Insurance Contributions 151 2
- NI Contributions in order to claim state pension 211 4
- Lack of Quickbooks Online Coverage 265 4
- Client with enquiry inro careless or negligent tax return 889 23
- Asset holding company 275 6
- How much to charge? 492 7
- VAT GUIDE - 22-25 AGENTS OR EQUIVALENT 325 6
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 294 1
- I think I'm developing an anger issue 3,057 36
- HMRC Getting Extra Tough? 930 8
- IR 35 deemed payment calc 247 5
- Possible Partnership? 484
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 454
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 452
- New Fangled Penalties 270
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 246
- Clubs and Taxable Income 239
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 237
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 228
- Loans to other companies 185
- Tasbook email configuration 169