Mayan accounting error?
It seems that the world has not come to an end today on 21 December 2012 - as was widely predicted based on the Mayan calendar.
According to Dr Geoffrey Braswell of the University of California (quoted by the BBC):
"The 2012 phenomenon is essentially an accounting problem; a misinterpretation of some very ancient book keeping".
Just goes to show that whatever happens - or doesn't - its the accountants wot gets the blame!
Happy Christmas y'all.
- FRS12 Redundancy and notice period provision 59 1
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 52 1
- 27,000 Really? 1,022 30
- This is getting boring 576 12
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 228 7
- pension paid by company? 77 3
- inheritance tax 396 12
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 314 9
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 212 4
- State pension 284 3
- Accountancy Career 100 1
- CIC Company 652 13
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,811 22
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,271 66
- Deduction from Salary 638 15
- Bank account of a different company being used for transactions. 428 5
- Group Audit Thresholds 352 10
- One off meeting new client 1,685 16
- Legal title not in the company name 757 22
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 297 3
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 639
- Cancelled 393
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 353
- Cancelled 333
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 306
- Probiz 301
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 277
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 258
- How not to compose an email 244
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 221