Mayan accounting error?
It seems that the world has not come to an end today on 21 December 2012 - as was widely predicted based on the Mayan calendar.
According to Dr Geoffrey Braswell of the University of California (quoted by the BBC):
"The 2012 phenomenon is essentially an accounting problem; a misinterpretation of some very ancient book keeping".
Just goes to show that whatever happens - or doesn't - its the accountants wot gets the blame!
Happy Christmas y'all.
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 69 3
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 83 2
- ATED Penalties 239 1
- late second payment on account 123 2
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 335 13
- US royalties 41 2
- Project being run jointly 101 2
- Reclaiming overpaid employer NI contributions 156 2
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 83 3
- Sole trader mix up 262 4
- Vat on 'pig slurry' - palatable subject I know! 709 6
- What's in a name ? 135 2
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 876 27
- Help Required 219 5
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 197 4
- Filing company accounts 119 1
- Accountancy work for Farmers 478 16
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 147 5
- Company Name - Number of Characters 247 7
- Bulk Invoicing 144 5
- CTA study material 690
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 418
- Employment related securities question 260
- AIM Stocks and IHT 240
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 193
- Trust for Employee 179
- Expat pension contributions? 175
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 148
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 112
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 105