Mayan accounting error?
It seems that the world has not come to an end today on 21 December 2012 - as was widely predicted based on the Mayan calendar.
According to Dr Geoffrey Braswell of the University of California (quoted by the BBC):
"The 2012 phenomenon is essentially an accounting problem; a misinterpretation of some very ancient book keeping".
Just goes to show that whatever happens - or doesn't - its the accountants wot gets the blame!
Happy Christmas y'all.
- General tax book with planning 158 2
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,210 69
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 286 11
- Gift of property & improvements 121 2
- Error in past Corporate tax return 345 5
- VAT Invoice 140 4
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 807 32
- IHT and Swiss Property 130 1
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 221 3
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 188 7
- Vat code for journal entries of director's expenses 154 2
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 453 10
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 377 8
- Help with tax codes on Sage 260 1
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 187 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 258 4
- Accounting for a finance lease 166 4
- SA302's anyone?? 540 16
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,645 41
- Renting for military reasons 195 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,620
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 901
- International interest certificate 511
- NOVA 368
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 297
- Management expenses for investment company 264
- Bonus Bonds 261
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 173
- tax on apprenticeship income 173
- P11D benefit received by widow 150