This might be cheeky, what do you think?
I'm of the awkward generation who studied under IFRS but trades within the UK GAAP regime and I am unsure if I may be confusing the two here. I have checked the FRSSE (briefly) re the below scenario to no avail.
I have a client purchased a building with some rather nice credit terms; £250k in £500/wk instalments with only £35k down. Repayment is 8.26923077 years.
Of course, to recognise the building and corresponding loan amount and subsequent payments would be straightforward enough. But we're accountants; that's not good enough!
My plan/ploy is the time value of money over that 8 year period.
My question is:
If I effectively "Fair Value" that liability, assuming 3.5% inflation pa for example (which I calculate as £161,768.24 starting point) and subsequently recognise the unwinding of the liability as interest income... Is this then a legitimate deductible finance expense under any head of tax?
If you need reference material see p. 161 Appendix 3 of the FRSSE which details the above scenario as applied to a provision.
Any input whatsoever would be gratefully received.
- General tax book with planning 159 2
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,210 69
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 287 11
- Gift of property & improvements 122 2
- Error in past Corporate tax return 345 5
- VAT Invoice 140 4
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 807 32
- IHT and Swiss Property 130 1
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 222 3
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 188 7
- Vat code for journal entries of director's expenses 154 2
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 453 10
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 377 8
- Help with tax codes on Sage 260 1
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 188 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 258 4
- Accounting for a finance lease 166 4
- SA302's anyone?? 540 16
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,645 41
- Renting for military reasons 195 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,620
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 901
- International interest certificate 511
- NOVA 368
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 298
- Management expenses for investment company 264
- Bonus Bonds 261
- tax on apprenticeship income 173
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 173
- P11D benefit received by widow 150