This might be cheeky, what do you think?
I'm of the awkward generation who studied under IFRS but trades within the UK GAAP regime and I am unsure if I may be confusing the two here. I have checked the FRSSE (briefly) re the below scenario to no avail.
I have a client purchased a building with some rather nice credit terms; £250k in £500/wk instalments with only £35k down. Repayment is 8.26923077 years.
Of course, to recognise the building and corresponding loan amount and subsequent payments would be straightforward enough. But we're accountants; that's not good enough!
My plan/ploy is the time value of money over that 8 year period.
My question is:
If I effectively "Fair Value" that liability, assuming 3.5% inflation pa for example (which I calculate as £161,768.24 starting point) and subsequently recognise the unwinding of the liability as interest income... Is this then a legitimate deductible finance expense under any head of tax?
If you need reference material see p. 161 Appendix 3 of the FRSSE which details the above scenario as applied to a provision.
Any input whatsoever would be gratefully received.
- Am I allowed Rent A Room Relief? 443 10
- Donations (to a school!) 30 2
- Starting as sole trader from abroad 52 3
- Beaters and allowable exenses 81 2
- Family loan 219 7
- Repairs after a rental business ends 129 5
- Standard 'email' template system 612 10
- Shutting down a company with creditors 666 8
- Any Scottish members out there? 6,695 248
- FL Memo - Any Good 467 8
- Tax implications for client leaving share incentive plan 25 1
- VAT Romania - how to register 169 3
- 50% Shareholder & Director stealing money from the business 297 8
- Private Residence Election for CGT purposes 227 4
- Looking for subcontract work! 229 5
- Disclosure of pending convertible loan notes? 187 9
- What's your best practice shortcut or 'hack'? 1,653 39
- Consolidation of new group 73 2
- Anti Money Laundering Checks 252 3
- Recycle old study books 450 11
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,080
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 351
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 293
- National Insurance 252
- Joint construction arrangement CIS and VAT 227
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 227
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 212
- Payments on account coded out?? 211
- Non Resident 170
- Franchise income and costs 158