This might be cheeky, what do you think?
I'm of the awkward generation who studied under IFRS but trades within the UK GAAP regime and I am unsure if I may be confusing the two here. I have checked the FRSSE (briefly) re the below scenario to no avail.
I have a client purchased a building with some rather nice credit terms; £250k in £500/wk instalments with only £35k down. Repayment is 8.26923077 years.
Of course, to recognise the building and corresponding loan amount and subsequent payments would be straightforward enough. But we're accountants; that's not good enough!
My plan/ploy is the time value of money over that 8 year period.
My question is:
If I effectively "Fair Value" that liability, assuming 3.5% inflation pa for example (which I calculate as £161,768.24 starting point) and subsequently recognise the unwinding of the liability as interest income... Is this then a legitimate deductible finance expense under any head of tax?
If you need reference material see p. 161 Appendix 3 of the FRSSE which details the above scenario as applied to a provision.
Any input whatsoever would be gratefully received.
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 190 6
- Director - earning less than £8500 and no taxable benefits - PllD? 42 1
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 576 12
- Scams are not always obvious 2,233 36
- New ACCOUNTINGQUESTIONS website launching 206 3
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,455 21
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 170 2
- What do you all do in your spare time? 826 33
- VAT flat rate scheme 71 1
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 280 4
- Need some help on importing procedures and VAT 78 1
- JUDGE FRAUD ALERT 197 2
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 2,076 19
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 397 6
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 144 1
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 208 3
- FPS or EPS 155 2
- Continuity of Practice 210 2
- IRIS Professional Yearend 136 2
- Letting Agents - requirement for audit of clients accounts 317 10
- Moving away from CCH software 951
- QROP pension input amounts 438
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 380
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 355
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 323
- fraud 283
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 255
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 226
- Construction CIS LLP Company 210
- EPS and CIS deductions 197