This might be cheeky, what do you think?
I'm of the awkward generation who studied under IFRS but trades within the UK GAAP regime and I am unsure if I may be confusing the two here. I have checked the FRSSE (briefly) re the below scenario to no avail.
I have a client purchased a building with some rather nice credit terms; £250k in £500/wk instalments with only £35k down. Repayment is 8.26923077 years.
Of course, to recognise the building and corresponding loan amount and subsequent payments would be straightforward enough. But we're accountants; that's not good enough!
My plan/ploy is the time value of money over that 8 year period.
My question is:
If I effectively "Fair Value" that liability, assuming 3.5% inflation pa for example (which I calculate as £161,768.24 starting point) and subsequently recognise the unwinding of the liability as interest income... Is this then a legitimate deductible finance expense under any head of tax?
If you need reference material see p. 161 Appendix 3 of the FRSSE which details the above scenario as applied to a provision.
Any input whatsoever would be gratefully received.
- Tax relief for backdated pension contributions 225 7
- Closing down - who should buy whom? 45 2
- How long do legal aid take to pay? 40 1
- Two questions re client meetings and TR Fees 345 5
- Personal Pension Withdrawal 213 2
- Liability account to deal with loans from owner 104 5
- Failure to operate PAYE 1,636 31
- PAYE NI 85 2
- quote for winding down two companies and file accounts 82 1
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 819 14
- How much to charge? 687 10
- break even point 1,000 30
- Trustee in Bankruptcy 166 5
- Accomodation and travel 202 1
- Unpaid Fee's 339 6
- Issue with a software supplier 221 4
- Is there a requirement to clearly state the amount of a bill? 300 5
- Limited Company trading status. 239 6
- VAT flat rate scheme 142 1
- Alphabet shares dividend paperwork 153 2
- Possible Partnership? 510
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 490
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 464
- New Fangled Penalties 305
- Clubs and Taxable Income 256
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 256
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 247
- Loans to other companies 190
- Tasbook email configuration 182
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 165