This might be cheeky, what do you think?
I'm of the awkward generation who studied under IFRS but trades within the UK GAAP regime and I am unsure if I may be confusing the two here. I have checked the FRSSE (briefly) re the below scenario to no avail.
I have a client purchased a building with some rather nice credit terms; £250k in £500/wk instalments with only £35k down. Repayment is 8.26923077 years.
Of course, to recognise the building and corresponding loan amount and subsequent payments would be straightforward enough. But we're accountants; that's not good enough!
My plan/ploy is the time value of money over that 8 year period.
My question is:
If I effectively "Fair Value" that liability, assuming 3.5% inflation pa for example (which I calculate as £161,768.24 starting point) and subsequently recognise the unwinding of the liability as interest income... Is this then a legitimate deductible finance expense under any head of tax?
If you need reference material see p. 161 Appendix 3 of the FRSSE which details the above scenario as applied to a provision.
Any input whatsoever would be gratefully received.
- What would you do in this situation? 460 12
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 113 3
- Help Required 259 6
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 211 2
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 375 14
- What's in a name ? 205 4
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 132 3
- ATED Penalties 251 1
- late second payment on account 143 2
- US royalties 65 2
- Project being run jointly 115 2
- Reclaiming overpaid employer NI contributions 167 2
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 145 3
- Sole trader mix up 280 4
- Vat on 'pig slurry' - palatable subject I know! 726 6
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 883 27
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 205 4
- Filing company accounts 131 1
- Accountancy work for Farmers 498 16
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 155 5
- CTA study material 695
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 421
- Employment related securities question 263
- AIM Stocks and IHT 242
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 193
- Trust for Employee 180
- Expat pension contributions? 177
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 149
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 136
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 113