This might be cheeky, what do you think?
I'm of the awkward generation who studied under IFRS but trades within the UK GAAP regime and I am unsure if I may be confusing the two here. I have checked the FRSSE (briefly) re the below scenario to no avail.
I have a client purchased a building with some rather nice credit terms; £250k in £500/wk instalments with only £35k down. Repayment is 8.26923077 years.
Of course, to recognise the building and corresponding loan amount and subsequent payments would be straightforward enough. But we're accountants; that's not good enough!
My plan/ploy is the time value of money over that 8 year period.
My question is:
If I effectively "Fair Value" that liability, assuming 3.5% inflation pa for example (which I calculate as £161,768.24 starting point) and subsequently recognise the unwinding of the liability as interest income... Is this then a legitimate deductible finance expense under any head of tax?
If you need reference material see p. 161 Appendix 3 of the FRSSE which details the above scenario as applied to a provision.
Any input whatsoever would be gratefully received.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 125 5
- See you all on the other side 355 6
- 12Pay 89 2
- dividends 115 2
- R&D 145 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,001 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 282 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 181 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 131 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 378 5
- Seeking a tax case 359 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 243 4
- Companies house strike off 180 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 160 2
- Moving to the cloud 639 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 161 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 751 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 150 4
- BTC vs Digita 996 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 337 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 525
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 396
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 355
- IRIS and FRS 102 328
- Capitalising Finance Lease 294
- USA help 291
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 253
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 244
- Capital gains on rental property 231
- Sage Coretime 219