This might be cheeky, what do you think?
I'm of the awkward generation who studied under IFRS but trades within the UK GAAP regime and I am unsure if I may be confusing the two here. I have checked the FRSSE (briefly) re the below scenario to no avail.
I have a client purchased a building with some rather nice credit terms; £250k in £500/wk instalments with only £35k down. Repayment is 8.26923077 years.
Of course, to recognise the building and corresponding loan amount and subsequent payments would be straightforward enough. But we're accountants; that's not good enough!
My plan/ploy is the time value of money over that 8 year period.
My question is:
If I effectively "Fair Value" that liability, assuming 3.5% inflation pa for example (which I calculate as £161,768.24 starting point) and subsequently recognise the unwinding of the liability as interest income... Is this then a legitimate deductible finance expense under any head of tax?
If you need reference material see p. 161 Appendix 3 of the FRSSE which details the above scenario as applied to a provision.
Any input whatsoever would be gratefully received.
- Community awards 2014 - first category 213 8
- format cell to exclude decimals 342 18
- Payment plans for clients 293 4
- How a company director can keep paying £833 103 4
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 484 14
- Employee steeling client data 147 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,372 23
- Small bus. accounting software with departments 195 5
- Subsistence Exclusions 137 3
- Insurance Claims - Legal Services 94 1
- CT600 282 9
- VAT Office Grimsby 224 4
- signature required 924 34
- i want to get the reserves below 25K 210 1
- Can you help me spot errors? 348 4
- WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON AT HMRC? 176 2
- Form VAT 600 FRS 95 1
- Dividend Waiver and Settlement Legislation 160 2
- Supply of service to EU community body exempt from VAT 107 1
- Lease 158 4
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,312
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 860
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 560
- Credit where credit's due....... 344
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 264
- TheTax Donut 237
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 196
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 188
- Director's business mileage 156
- Sole trader CPD 149