This might be cheeky, what do you think?
I'm of the awkward generation who studied under IFRS but trades within the UK GAAP regime and I am unsure if I may be confusing the two here. I have checked the FRSSE (briefly) re the below scenario to no avail.
I have a client purchased a building with some rather nice credit terms; £250k in £500/wk instalments with only £35k down. Repayment is 8.26923077 years.
Of course, to recognise the building and corresponding loan amount and subsequent payments would be straightforward enough. But we're accountants; that's not good enough!
My plan/ploy is the time value of money over that 8 year period.
My question is:
If I effectively "Fair Value" that liability, assuming 3.5% inflation pa for example (which I calculate as £161,768.24 starting point) and subsequently recognise the unwinding of the liability as interest income... Is this then a legitimate deductible finance expense under any head of tax?
If you need reference material see p. 161 Appendix 3 of the FRSSE which details the above scenario as applied to a provision.
Any input whatsoever would be gratefully received.
- Rental Property on Self Assessment 127 2
- Partnership returns software 113 2
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 824 18
- Tasks for new trainees 174 4
- Capital Gains on Inherited Property 286 10
- VAT on garage rent 152 9
- Error or mistake claims (as was) 98 1
- Partnership profit share - tax efficient for husband and wife 171 3
- Property scam victim 326 5
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 253 6
- How to use importing procedure for Transfers between the bank accounts 68 1
- Have i messed up? 761 11
- Are HMRC getting it right? 429 8
- 10 year debentures and CT 64 1
- Is there a legal obligation for the Inspector to hand over minutes of a meeting 124 2
- Obvious Question but if NOT registered for VAT EU refunds as under minimum amounts, what does an expense get recorded as for UK VAT return? 84 1
- COMPANY DIRECTOR 93 1
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 583 15
- Offshore insurance bonds 112 2
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,661 46
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,101
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 579
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 387
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 291
- Charge out rates in London? 246
- Interest on Loan to a Company 191
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 176
- Agent fees to sell business 166
- Alphabet shares 164
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 157