This might be cheeky, what do you think?
I'm of the awkward generation who studied under IFRS but trades within the UK GAAP regime and I am unsure if I may be confusing the two here. I have checked the FRSSE (briefly) re the below scenario to no avail.
I have a client purchased a building with some rather nice credit terms; £250k in £500/wk instalments with only £35k down. Repayment is 8.26923077 years.
Of course, to recognise the building and corresponding loan amount and subsequent payments would be straightforward enough. But we're accountants; that's not good enough!
My plan/ploy is the time value of money over that 8 year period.
My question is:
If I effectively "Fair Value" that liability, assuming 3.5% inflation pa for example (which I calculate as £161,768.24 starting point) and subsequently recognise the unwinding of the liability as interest income... Is this then a legitimate deductible finance expense under any head of tax?
If you need reference material see p. 161 Appendix 3 of the FRSSE which details the above scenario as applied to a provision.
Any input whatsoever would be gratefully received.
- Tax - Paying Yearly 135 7
- Entrepreneur's Relief Query 112 1
- When is commencing trading not commening trading 156 3
- Income tax: Interaction between new marriage allowance and new nil band on savings interest 174 1
- charities 205 3
- Anyone using PracticePA? 221 3
- How do I correct a previous accountants major mistake on PAYE/SA? 421 4
- How to find difference in Sage bank rec 271 6
- Auto enrollment. What's the basis for contribution ? 95 1
- Seeking advice: CGT after divorce when house sold and neither party was resident 171 2
- New company uses old Bank Account 213 2
- converting garage to use as office 277 2
- recommended auto-enrolment pension scheme providers 646 13
- HOW is anyone obtaining an EORI number prior to shipment? 124 2
- Sage Drive Queue.dta file lock out 327 7
- How best to split income on a Buy To Let - married. How do you decide beneficial ownership 1,180 11
- Strike off 434 9
- Contracting, Subcontracting and Agency Worker Regs 144 2
- auto enrolment 284 1
- Shortening an Accounting Reference Date 330 6
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 375
- Any thoughts on Capium? 331
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 292
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 267
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 252
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 228
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 176
- French ConnectionUK 164
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 158
- APN's 154