This might be cheeky, what do you think?
I'm of the awkward generation who studied under IFRS but trades within the UK GAAP regime and I am unsure if I may be confusing the two here. I have checked the FRSSE (briefly) re the below scenario to no avail.
I have a client purchased a building with some rather nice credit terms; £250k in £500/wk instalments with only £35k down. Repayment is 8.26923077 years.
Of course, to recognise the building and corresponding loan amount and subsequent payments would be straightforward enough. But we're accountants; that's not good enough!
My plan/ploy is the time value of money over that 8 year period.
My question is:
If I effectively "Fair Value" that liability, assuming 3.5% inflation pa for example (which I calculate as £161,768.24 starting point) and subsequently recognise the unwinding of the liability as interest income... Is this then a legitimate deductible finance expense under any head of tax?
If you need reference material see p. 161 Appendix 3 of the FRSSE which details the above scenario as applied to a provision.
Any input whatsoever would be gratefully received.
- When to top-up pensions? 85 2
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 135 3
- Support / ticketing software 306 11
- Withdrawal of a quote 259 6
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 567 14
- Are Tax Agents designed out of online systems? 289 3
- Imported goods and VAT 100 1
- Annual Return for company for whom director/shareholder has died 418 15
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 566 11
- Stamp Duty 136 3
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,828 22
- Company Number 10000000 963 13
- Online accounting provider for multicompany with turnover £10m 351 5
- CGT on lost shares/scam 190 3
- Anyone else getting these HMRC letters? 437 3
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 1,821 29
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 433 9
- Where to follow court cases/rulings 211 3
- HMRC Funding for Employee PAYE refund 333 5
- Best software for small practice? 838 24
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 793
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 464
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 282
- DTA tie-breaker issue 279
- CGT for NOn UK residents 241
- Apprenticeship Levy 214
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 210
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 207
- Just checking re PSA 194
- Capital Gains personal representatives 187