This might be cheeky, what do you think?
I'm of the awkward generation who studied under IFRS but trades within the UK GAAP regime and I am unsure if I may be confusing the two here. I have checked the FRSSE (briefly) re the below scenario to no avail.
I have a client purchased a building with some rather nice credit terms; £250k in £500/wk instalments with only £35k down. Repayment is 8.26923077 years.
Of course, to recognise the building and corresponding loan amount and subsequent payments would be straightforward enough. But we're accountants; that's not good enough!
My plan/ploy is the time value of money over that 8 year period.
My question is:
If I effectively "Fair Value" that liability, assuming 3.5% inflation pa for example (which I calculate as £161,768.24 starting point) and subsequently recognise the unwinding of the liability as interest income... Is this then a legitimate deductible finance expense under any head of tax?
If you need reference material see p. 161 Appendix 3 of the FRSSE which details the above scenario as applied to a provision.
Any input whatsoever would be gratefully received.
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 261 13
- Fee's for P11D's 244 4
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 370 1
- Childcare Vouchers 155 3
- Quarterly PAYE 153 6
- Audit Report Query 172 5
- Coming in from the cold 173 2
- Employment Allowance related companies 66 2
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,284 26
- VAT Query re: Foreign VAT 59 1
- Should design costs be capitalised? 122 3
- Issuing an invoice as an individual (non UK resident) 62 1
- Thats Better 248 6
- Value pricing 544 18
- reporting salary? 129 2
- apprentices 83 1
- Sage Payroll 250 10
- VAT 143 2
- Belated VAT Exception Application 222 7
- Enforcing A CCJ 251 6
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 762
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 519
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 389
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 273
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 213
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 212
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 195
- Director Loan account operation 193
- vat return 163
- Paye procedures for CVA 150