Mileage Allowance for Home to Work
I have a new client who works as a small electrical contractor for just one firm. He thinks he can claim a daily meal and mileage allowance, as he says his colleagues claim this through an umbrella company. I have advised this is not an allowable tax deduction, and if he insists on claiming, he does so at his own risk. Client now does not communicate, I have completed his company accounts and need payment for my time, though he has not given me an authorisation code. I think he has not previuosly paid any Corporation tax as he did not even know what his correct UTR was. I feel I will have to issue a county court summons in order to get my money, as it does not appear likely he will meet me to sign off accounts.
I think I may have other clients claiming mileage for home to work. The point is I am worried about losing them as well. Another client is putting through what I think are may private transactions through their company bank account, I have queried this but no response. I lost my job once because directors were putting through large private transactions which I found unnacceptable.
The point I am making now is that you try to do the right thing by operating within the law and take the risk of losing clients - it is depressing. Do I just turn a blind eye or what?
- Day allowance working in Qatar 78 1
- S.455 Tax again 206 1
- Marriage Allowance 40 1
- Giving shares away 244 6
- Right To Manage Company 197 3
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 585 5
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 307 7
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 156 5
- HMRC having technical difficulties 580 15
- Closing down loss-making company 345 4
- Where to post pension on sa100 140 4
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 324 2
- IR 35 Company - Timing issue 261 2
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 711 5
- VAT disaggregation 229 3
- What are HMRC implying? 633 2
- Ltd Company CIS Repayments 128 2
- Unequal share tenant in common 111 1
- mortgages & SA302 - can Halifax really be this thick? 935 7
- Registering with HMRC for VAT cash accounting 205 3