Changing my mindset on fee increases
There is already a great thread on fee increases - here it is.
Apologies some of my questions are covering old ground
I have difficulty with this one and I am not sure where to start.I would be grateful for pointers in overcoming my own barriers and fears. For this to happen I need to justify the fee increases to myself first. This to some extent can be achieved by addressing the questions below..
- My own insecurity of fee increases. What if they leave? How do I handle objections? How should I handle this?
- How do I inform clients of fee increases- email?
- A large number of my clients are now on Direct Debits that should make things easier
- I have a client who is struggling - I am just do not feel comfortable increasing his fees
- It is never a good time to increase fees- I am waiting for a good time.
- Increase fee by inflationary amount? I have not incrased by fees since I started. Though my fees are high in comparision to others in the area.
Any pointers would be gratefully received.