Misposted pension payments
I have just taken on a limited company client.
On reviewing the various documents and working papers I have discovered that the employers contributions to the directors Individual Pension Plan have been debited to his directors current account for the past three years.
I have always believed that employers contributions are deductible for CT purposes and therefore no relief has been claimed in the accounts in this case.
Can any readers advise on the best way to claim the relief ?
I was thinking of preparing a summary for HMRC restating the adjusted profits and overpaid CT Tax and then making a prior year adjustment in this years accounts for the pension payments that have been debited to the directors current account in the past.
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,780 72
- Rollover relief and private use 79 1
- SAGE con 308 7
- Filed CT600 using Taxcalc 74 2
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 423 12
- Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) 166 2
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 699 11
- Which software for practice books? 543 20
- Related Parties Note 657 10
- Dazed & confused 361 5
- Law Shipping/Odeon related question 115 2
- Goerge fixes PAs for long period 147 2
- Are HMRC getting it right? 325 7
- trading or dormant 246 6
- Is Hold over relief available? 188 6
- Payroll Liabilities 111 2
- Dormant company owns shares in another company 143 4
- Charity reserves 264 5
- Part-time work - advice please? 156 2
- Aggressive HMRC 1,682 18
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,050
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 565
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 372
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 281
- Charge out rates in London? 222
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 218
- Personal consumption by landlord 192
- Interest on Loan to a Company 179
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 156
- Agent fees to sell business 149