Misposted pension payments
I have just taken on a limited company client.
On reviewing the various documents and working papers I have discovered that the employers contributions to the directors Individual Pension Plan have been debited to his directors current account for the past three years.
I have always believed that employers contributions are deductible for CT purposes and therefore no relief has been claimed in the accounts in this case.
Can any readers advise on the best way to claim the relief ?
I was thinking of preparing a summary for HMRC restating the adjusted profits and overpaid CT Tax and then making a prior year adjustment in this years accounts for the pension payments that have been debited to the directors current account in the past.
- Contract worker paying Employers NI 30 1
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 562 16
- RTI submission different to HMRC 1,604 28
- Unemployed Accounting Graduate - Need Advice - Small Firms 403 8
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,356 15
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,630 19
- "Audit Report" 192 3
- Free invoicing software 244 3
- When are ltd companies "associated" for Vat and tax purposes? 137 2
- IR35 deemed payment and dividends - practical considerations 216 4
- IR35 Low, medium or high risk 120 1
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 769 19
- Terminal Losses - Online filing 214 4
- VAT on Hire Purchase 240 2
- Coding Notice 264 6
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 280 6
- New business - journal entries 439 22
- Is CGT roll over relief available for let property 249 3
- Payroll software 674 16
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 305 5
- Auto enrolment excuses 914
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 730
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 418
- Social investment tax relief 225
- Digita Hosted Software 224
- accounting for this transaction 216
- Call Centre Data Costs 210
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 192
- Incorporating Sole Trade and bringing in spouse 187
- Travel costs and contractors 180