Misposted pension payments
I have just taken on a limited company client.
On reviewing the various documents and working papers I have discovered that the employers contributions to the directors Individual Pension Plan have been debited to his directors current account for the past three years.
I have always believed that employers contributions are deductible for CT purposes and therefore no relief has been claimed in the accounts in this case.
Can any readers advise on the best way to claim the relief ?
I was thinking of preparing a summary for HMRC restating the adjusted profits and overpaid CT Tax and then making a prior year adjustment in this years accounts for the pension payments that have been debited to the directors current account in the past.
- Tax treatment on the sale of a business 189 7
- No Tax Returns submitted for last 16 years 884 19
- Companies house dissolved my company. What do I do now? 459 9
- Can I become a self employed bookkeeper?? 157 1
- VAT on converted property having opted to tax 176 7
- tagging in Iris accounts production for non standard item 118 1
- Place of Supply or these two contracts walk into a German Bar 98 1
- Auto-Enrolment 2,860 155
- How to account for VAT on a newbuild that has been let 104 1
- 'Find an accountant' 208 2
- PI insurance for Auto Enrolment 105 1
- Withholding Tax - Invoicing Ecuador 86 1
- Depreciation on property improvements 108 1
- Construction Industry Funding 112 5
- CGT advice on amicable divorce settlement 104 1
- How important are Journals? 331 9
- QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and ClearBooks 723 15
- Company trading loss relief 271 4
- National Insurance 602 1
- Social Worker limited Co 131 1
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 492
- Skandia using wrong address 434
- Accountants who provide tech/IT advice 389
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 266
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 236
- Employee rewards 228
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 207
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 203
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 180
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 180