Misposted pension payments
I have just taken on a limited company client.
On reviewing the various documents and working papers I have discovered that the employers contributions to the directors Individual Pension Plan have been debited to his directors current account for the past three years.
I have always believed that employers contributions are deductible for CT purposes and therefore no relief has been claimed in the accounts in this case.
Can any readers advise on the best way to claim the relief ?
I was thinking of preparing a summary for HMRC restating the adjusted profits and overpaid CT Tax and then making a prior year adjustment in this years accounts for the pension payments that have been debited to the directors current account in the past.
- Bereavment payment 92 2
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 481 18
- Double tax treaty Italy and UK 98 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 1,107 7
- Can anyone advise on the best VAT Scheme to change to? 273 4
- Apologies for reposting this but first post was on Friday afternoon! 346 2
- CT600 Computations - Company Tax Return help 1,295 14
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 150 2
- Companies House incorporation service 349 12
- Factors affecting tax charge FRS 19 (marginal rate) 78 1
- P35 and Service Company questions 151 3
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 193 6
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 206 1
- Long period of account for Corporation Tax 267 7
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 143 3
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 153 3
- VAT, vans, sole traders and business use. 1,598 12
- Share Capital 133 2
- Trading income or not? 199 1
- Charge HMRC 428 3
- Xtuple 549
- Qtac payroll for bureau 376
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 320
- Industrial & Provident Societies 314
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 293
- CIS schemes 223
- Domain name sale and limited company 205
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 187
- Investment 187
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 178