Misposted pension payments
I have just taken on a limited company client.
On reviewing the various documents and working papers I have discovered that the employers contributions to the directors Individual Pension Plan have been debited to his directors current account for the past three years.
I have always believed that employers contributions are deductible for CT purposes and therefore no relief has been claimed in the accounts in this case.
Can any readers advise on the best way to claim the relief ?
I was thinking of preparing a summary for HMRC restating the adjusted profits and overpaid CT Tax and then making a prior year adjustment in this years accounts for the pension payments that have been debited to the directors current account in the past.
- Property income in different capacities 116 2
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 192 6
- Contract Hire of Vans for Limited Company 64 1
- Recharge for private use of a company car 410 10
- SATR - ommission of capital gains 116 1
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 2,297 19
- Scanners 180 4
- Overdrawn Directors Loan Account 126 1
- Solar panels - VAT and Capital allowances 237 3
- Payment plans for clients 145 2
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 235 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 265 7
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 395 2
- Should I move back home away from my office? 456 9
- P60 or payslips? 107 1
- IHT dilemma 1,388 21
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 196 1
- IT advisory questions? 187 5
- Entrepreneurs Relief 800 44
- Has anyone else come across VAT account suspensions? 162 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,166
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 799
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 494
- Digita Hosted Software 322
- Credit where credit's due....... 276
- Director phone costs 240
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 229
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 208
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 161
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 141