Misposted pension payments
I have just taken on a limited company client.
On reviewing the various documents and working papers I have discovered that the employers contributions to the directors Individual Pension Plan have been debited to his directors current account for the past three years.
I have always believed that employers contributions are deductible for CT purposes and therefore no relief has been claimed in the accounts in this case.
Can any readers advise on the best way to claim the relief ?
I was thinking of preparing a summary for HMRC restating the adjusted profits and overpaid CT Tax and then making a prior year adjustment in this years accounts for the pension payments that have been debited to the directors current account in the past.
- Directors taking money out of business, how to record in sage instant accounts. 97 2
- Nominal Ledger of Company Accounts 24 1
- Registering a company late 301 11
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,053 27
- Director taking salary, dividends and consultancy fees? 178 1
- Tax on income from discretionary trust in SATR 110 6
- Deferred Tax 248 5
- Late Registration for VAT 206 6
- Personal pension 251 4
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,271 17
- How much of your work is admin? 371 2
- Legal fees selling rental property 193 3
- physiotherapy clinic 603 4
- Running two businesses from the same premises 209 2
- VAT Registration for locum Doctors 325 8
- hMRand Customs Powers of Arrest 2,824 23
- Can someone help me please I don't know how to correct an error regarding an intercompany bank transfer on sage 295 4
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 1,984 18
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 123 2
- Preference shares treated as liabilities 124 1
- TheTax Donut 1,015
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 681
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 624
- Follower cases 489
- Limited company purchase of property 418
- Hive up 417
- corporate hierarchy 383
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 380
- LIVE chat, starting now 331
- AIA or IFA 216