Misposted pension payments
I have just taken on a limited company client.
On reviewing the various documents and working papers I have discovered that the employers contributions to the directors Individual Pension Plan have been debited to his directors current account for the past three years.
I have always believed that employers contributions are deductible for CT purposes and therefore no relief has been claimed in the accounts in this case.
Can any readers advise on the best way to claim the relief ?
I was thinking of preparing a summary for HMRC restating the adjusted profits and overpaid CT Tax and then making a prior year adjustment in this years accounts for the pension payments that have been debited to the directors current account in the past.
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,652 27
- Sole-trader renting commmercial property from himself & spouse. 263 6
- Child tax credits 187 4
- transitioning payroll 86 2
- Deduction from Salary 105 4
- Car leasing scheme 209 1
- One off meeting new client 1,337 12
- 12 Pay Problems 148 2
- PITA client 537 8
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 448 11
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 588 15
- Right to waive dividend 114 2
- Employed (by own company) and Self Employed - Tax Efficiency 114 1
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,433 34
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,739 29
- PPR CGT section 222 builds an extension 135 2
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 347 9
- R&D tax credit claim 297 7
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 671 10
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 1,287 20
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 615
- Cancelled 358
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 339
- Cancelled 298
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 272
- Probiz 261
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 225
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 211
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 196
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 162