Have an unusual situation that I don't quite know which way to go with.
I am engaged for accountanct services for Company A. Run by Mr A although his brother is the director and owner.
Mr A used to be involved in another Company in the same industry - Company B - but I never acted for them.
When doing the Accounts for year 2 of trade to 31 May 11 I noticed there were no longer any wages in the accounts. There was a small amount last year but I know the business has grown and they have at least 3 members of staff.
Upon asking the question of where have the wages gone I am told that they have been out through Company B. Company B however was dissolved in August 2010. My suspicion is there is potentially un-declared income and an SAR is required.
Under tipping off I believe I can still make enquireies such as asking the director if he knew the company was dissolved I just can't tell him about reporting him if I do.
- Associated companies - CT small profits relief 172 8
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 158 4
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 416 4
- sole trader - operating under cis 83 2
- What does it mean?? 370 11
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 289 13
- VAT on motor expenses 900 32
- Sage Payroll with 'employees' not having tax or NI deducted 81 1
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,714 22
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,318 40
- How to account fot Cross-border vat. 110 1
- Entrepreneurs' relief for trustees - receipt of rent 141 3
- Introduction of Goodwill 212 5
- PayPal Transaction Analysis 163 4
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 753 19
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 394 12
- Money transfers between companies owned by one person 216 9
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 342 11
- Sage 50 (2010) 123 2
- Recommendation of US tax adviser? 98 1
- Skandia using wrong address 1,550
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 853
- International interest certificate 472
- NOVA 329
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 238
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 225
- Management expenses for investment company 211
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 211
- Bonus Bonds 209
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 196