Have an unusual situation that I don't quite know which way to go with.
I am engaged for accountanct services for Company A. Run by Mr A although his brother is the director and owner.
Mr A used to be involved in another Company in the same industry - Company B - but I never acted for them.
When doing the Accounts for year 2 of trade to 31 May 11 I noticed there were no longer any wages in the accounts. There was a small amount last year but I know the business has grown and they have at least 3 members of staff.
Upon asking the question of where have the wages gone I am told that they have been out through Company B. Company B however was dissolved in August 2010. My suspicion is there is potentially un-declared income and an SAR is required.
Under tipping off I believe I can still make enquireies such as asking the director if he knew the company was dissolved I just can't tell him about reporting him if I do.
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 407 6
- Client RTI Shows payments not his 102 1
- Why should I retain membership? 2,679 46
- Recharge for private use of a company car 175 3
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 327 5
- Funding Circle Servicing Fee 134 2
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,255 12
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,466 18
- Vat 247 4
- CT/CIS offset 122 2
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 179 4
- Trade name 176 3
- Musician - Allowable Travel expenses 131 1
- New business - journal entries 312 20
- B2B vat in the EU 116 2
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 314 18
- VAT on deposits 207 2
- VAT clearance for determining the correct rate to apply 133 1
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 412 12
- option to tax 205 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 800
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 709
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 390
- Social investment tax relief 207
- Digita Hosted Software 202
- Call Centre Data Costs 193
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 162
- Travel costs and contractors 152
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 147
- Certificates of tax deposit 139