Have an unusual situation that I don't quite know which way to go with.
I am engaged for accountanct services for Company A. Run by Mr A although his brother is the director and owner.
Mr A used to be involved in another Company in the same industry - Company B - but I never acted for them.
When doing the Accounts for year 2 of trade to 31 May 11 I noticed there were no longer any wages in the accounts. There was a small amount last year but I know the business has grown and they have at least 3 members of staff.
Upon asking the question of where have the wages gone I am told that they have been out through Company B. Company B however was dissolved in August 2010. My suspicion is there is potentially un-declared income and an SAR is required.
Under tipping off I believe I can still make enquireies such as asking the director if he knew the company was dissolved I just can't tell him about reporting him if I do.
- Use of home deduction 496 15
- Copy Wanted 665 3
- Tax Relief on Bridging Loan 30 1
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 848 31
- Non resident income. 237 12
- Company dividends 392 12
- Self Assessment University Superannuation Scheme 60 1
- 11pm and having a blonde moment 83 2
- Losses B/F and Class 4 NIC 176 2
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 531 21
- Software 328 8
- Tax return filed on time but payment late 400 6
- SA late payment penalty 183 3
- Death of taxpayer - personal allowance 297 8
- No codes in Sage 50 Nominal List? 105 1
- Might income tax be payable on these gifts? 109 2
- How Long does it take to get an Agent ID 114 2
- Private Residence Relief after gift 122 3
- Companies House late filing penalties 2,419 81
- Buy to let property : Is parking bay tax deductible ? 264 5
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 853
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 547
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 514
- Latest phishing scam 402
- Entrepreneurs' relief 374
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 334
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 317
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 302
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 213
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 190