Have an unusual situation that I don't quite know which way to go with.
I am engaged for accountanct services for Company A. Run by Mr A although his brother is the director and owner.
Mr A used to be involved in another Company in the same industry - Company B - but I never acted for them.
When doing the Accounts for year 2 of trade to 31 May 11 I noticed there were no longer any wages in the accounts. There was a small amount last year but I know the business has grown and they have at least 3 members of staff.
Upon asking the question of where have the wages gone I am told that they have been out through Company B. Company B however was dissolved in August 2010. My suspicion is there is potentially un-declared income and an SAR is required.
Under tipping off I believe I can still make enquireies such as asking the director if he knew the company was dissolved I just can't tell him about reporting him if I do.
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 272 11
- Where to start to get any of jobs in Finance and Accounting Industry 698 9
- How much did you pay for your website 1,400 25
- Dress code 245 11
- What would you do in this situation? 564 13
- Help Required 354 10
- directors control and tax problems 196 5
- Fastest Software 773 13
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 939 28
- What's in a name ? 317 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 247 4
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 437 15
- Bulk Invoicing 177 6
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 157 3
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 249 2
- ATED Penalties 277 1
- late second payment on account 180 2
- US royalties 98 2
- Project being run jointly 141 2
- Reclaiming overpaid employer NI contributions 184 2
- CTA study material 703
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 427
- Employment related securities question 268
- AIM Stocks and IHT 246
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 201
- Trust for Employee 188
- Expat pension contributions? 186
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 181
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 159
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax consultancy 2014 159