Have an unusual situation that I don't quite know which way to go with.
I am engaged for accountanct services for Company A. Run by Mr A although his brother is the director and owner.
Mr A used to be involved in another Company in the same industry - Company B - but I never acted for them.
When doing the Accounts for year 2 of trade to 31 May 11 I noticed there were no longer any wages in the accounts. There was a small amount last year but I know the business has grown and they have at least 3 members of staff.
Upon asking the question of where have the wages gone I am told that they have been out through Company B. Company B however was dissolved in August 2010. My suspicion is there is potentially un-declared income and an SAR is required.
Under tipping off I believe I can still make enquireies such as asking the director if he knew the company was dissolved I just can't tell him about reporting him if I do.
- I've not operated a payroll - will i get charged on late PAYE payments? 368 7
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 15 1
- How much of your work is admin? 27 1
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 1,839 16
- HMRC Let Property Campaign 1,767 19
- Goodwill complications 105 2
- Personal pension 189 3
- Practical Courses - Accounts Prep 107 1
- VAT Registration for locum Doctors 275 7
- IRIS Accounts Production - Dividends shown in P&L? 227 6
- Late Registration for VAT 105 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 984 25
- Gov.UK - can we have HMRC.gov.uk back? 960 26
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,140 12
- property development 262 8
- Registering a company late 179 5
- Business rates consultancy 113 2
- sale of house 631 18
- Corporation tax penalty 1,513 9
- Part Disposal of Freehold 323 13
- TheTax Donut 996
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 656
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 612
- Follower cases 475
- Hive up 399
- Limited company purchase of property 399
- corporate hierarchy 372
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 368
- LIVE chat, starting now 305
- AIA or IFA 202