Have an unusual situation that I don't quite know which way to go with.
I am engaged for accountanct services for Company A. Run by Mr A although his brother is the director and owner.
Mr A used to be involved in another Company in the same industry - Company B - but I never acted for them.
When doing the Accounts for year 2 of trade to 31 May 11 I noticed there were no longer any wages in the accounts. There was a small amount last year but I know the business has grown and they have at least 3 members of staff.
Upon asking the question of where have the wages gone I am told that they have been out through Company B. Company B however was dissolved in August 2010. My suspicion is there is potentially un-declared income and an SAR is required.
Under tipping off I believe I can still make enquireies such as asking the director if he knew the company was dissolved I just can't tell him about reporting him if I do.
- first year company tax return for a limited company 169 5
- Real names 1,243 37
- Dissolve a Ltd Company - How much do you charge? 399 7
- reliable alternative to registered ofice required 96 1
- Expenses Apps 155 2
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 167 4
- Quick Easy Quote 243 4
- What are options for non CA firm 1,792 29
- Solicitor accounts 60 1
- Unallocated client money 237 7
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 202 2
- change of office address 129 4
- Hive up - accounting and notes to financial statements 229 3
- Incorporation Relief 130 4
- Letting income or partnership income? 104 2
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 357 4
- Furniture Rental Business 101 2
- Client Death 554 9
- Accounts formation/ speculative advertising 198 4
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 357 2
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 605
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 482
- Sorry ignore me 382
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 367
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 281
- Cancelled 244
- Cancelled 217
- Bartercard 175
- C79 Discrepancy 169
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 162