Have an unusual situation that I don't quite know which way to go with.
I am engaged for accountanct services for Company A. Run by Mr A although his brother is the director and owner.
Mr A used to be involved in another Company in the same industry - Company B - but I never acted for them.
When doing the Accounts for year 2 of trade to 31 May 11 I noticed there were no longer any wages in the accounts. There was a small amount last year but I know the business has grown and they have at least 3 members of staff.
Upon asking the question of where have the wages gone I am told that they have been out through Company B. Company B however was dissolved in August 2010. My suspicion is there is potentially un-declared income and an SAR is required.
Under tipping off I believe I can still make enquireies such as asking the director if he knew the company was dissolved I just can't tell him about reporting him if I do.
- Enquiry into tax return - how co-operative would you be? 338 8
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 1,403 47
- Interest on HMRC contract settlement 162 3
- Goodwill gesture for providing work 431 12
- Share premium or Directors Loan 732 30
- VAT reconciliation and VAT return on Sage 107 3
- What would you do in this situation? 143 5
- Filing a P87 (professional fees) before year end. 134 2
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 603 13
- More HMRC on gov.uk 636 11
- Rollover relief - when does gain crystallise in this situation? 88 1
- Offshore company transferring assets to a UK individual. 341 14
- Interest Free Loan - Salay Sacrifice? 244 4
- Research and development - repayment timescale 220 5
- Sole trader hid directorships. 391 6
- NOVA 555 1
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 275 10
- Regional Development Grant 125 4
- Problem ex client...again.. 2,417 21
- Company car without a salary 234 2
- Bonus Bonds 391
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 378
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 289
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 258
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 187
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 179
- Finance Lease 157
- Company Car Lease 154
- Form 42 149
- Demerger Reserve 132