Have an unusual situation that I don't quite know which way to go with.
I am engaged for accountanct services for Company A. Run by Mr A although his brother is the director and owner.
Mr A used to be involved in another Company in the same industry - Company B - but I never acted for them.
When doing the Accounts for year 2 of trade to 31 May 11 I noticed there were no longer any wages in the accounts. There was a small amount last year but I know the business has grown and they have at least 3 members of staff.
Upon asking the question of where have the wages gone I am told that they have been out through Company B. Company B however was dissolved in August 2010. My suspicion is there is potentially un-declared income and an SAR is required.
Under tipping off I believe I can still make enquireies such as asking the director if he knew the company was dissolved I just can't tell him about reporting him if I do.
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 548 12
- Personal Tax 443 11
- Xerocon 2016 947 19
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 144 4
- USA Tax Query 108 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,644 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 925 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 165 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 218 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 582 18
- Corrupt Excel File 670 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 338 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,960 43
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,166 39
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 282 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 378 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 137 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 255 4
- last minute request 469 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,246 46