Have an unusual situation that I don't quite know which way to go with.
I am engaged for accountanct services for Company A. Run by Mr A although his brother is the director and owner.
Mr A used to be involved in another Company in the same industry - Company B - but I never acted for them.
When doing the Accounts for year 2 of trade to 31 May 11 I noticed there were no longer any wages in the accounts. There was a small amount last year but I know the business has grown and they have at least 3 members of staff.
Upon asking the question of where have the wages gone I am told that they have been out through Company B. Company B however was dissolved in August 2010. My suspicion is there is potentially un-declared income and an SAR is required.
Under tipping off I believe I can still make enquireies such as asking the director if he knew the company was dissolved I just can't tell him about reporting him if I do.
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,281 13
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 561 7
- How can a childcare facility mitigate vat 162 2
- Dividends allowed on ordinary shares transferred during the year?? 150 3
- HMRC Postal Delays 281 8
- Termination Payment 469 15
- Company Share Buy Back 327 8
- P11D Car Value 88 2
- Business lending another business money (UK) 236 6
- Stand alone practice management software 1,969 30
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 285 5
- bookkeeping system 674 9
- Legal advisor recommendation please 184 3
- Landing clients 703 21
- Signed accounts for bank 526 10
- Non-Taxable Expenses Reimbursement 130 3
- Time to react ? ? ? 672 6
- Dividends 151 3
- Closure of PAYE scheme 143 1
- cash the returned VAT cheque 336 3