Have an unusual situation that I don't quite know which way to go with.
I am engaged for accountanct services for Company A. Run by Mr A although his brother is the director and owner.
Mr A used to be involved in another Company in the same industry - Company B - but I never acted for them.
When doing the Accounts for year 2 of trade to 31 May 11 I noticed there were no longer any wages in the accounts. There was a small amount last year but I know the business has grown and they have at least 3 members of staff.
Upon asking the question of where have the wages gone I am told that they have been out through Company B. Company B however was dissolved in August 2010. My suspicion is there is potentially un-declared income and an SAR is required.
Under tipping off I believe I can still make enquireies such as asking the director if he knew the company was dissolved I just can't tell him about reporting him if I do.
- IHT dilemma 1,239 19
- How to filter to show only rows with 'Total' in description? 166 4
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 1,585 15
- Micro Entity Accounts 262 3
- SA -2012_13 return - worth changing? 118 2
- Aweb tracking ... 167 3
- PAYE 1,177 16
- Entrepreneurs Relief 535 24
- Self Assessment - Declaring Pension Lump Sum on Tax Return 81 1
- Gifts from limited companies 139 2
- Construction Industry Allowable expenses 349 8
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 332 2
- VAT 89 1
- RTI overpayments gap 228 3
- Can a once active Limited company become dormant? 200 5
- Sage payroll alternatives 551 11
- Call Centre Data Costs 276 1
- Authorised share capital 131 4
- international employer please help!! 185 4
- Capital gain? 298 6
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,122
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 785
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 471
- Digita Hosted Software 301
- Credit where credit's due....... 240
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 217
- Director phone costs 193
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 167
- DAILY PENALTIES / APPEALS 166
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 144