Have an unusual situation that I don't quite know which way to go with.
I am engaged for accountanct services for Company A. Run by Mr A although his brother is the director and owner.
Mr A used to be involved in another Company in the same industry - Company B - but I never acted for them.
When doing the Accounts for year 2 of trade to 31 May 11 I noticed there were no longer any wages in the accounts. There was a small amount last year but I know the business has grown and they have at least 3 members of staff.
Upon asking the question of where have the wages gone I am told that they have been out through Company B. Company B however was dissolved in August 2010. My suspicion is there is potentially un-declared income and an SAR is required.
Under tipping off I believe I can still make enquireies such as asking the director if he knew the company was dissolved I just can't tell him about reporting him if I do.
- Boffin of the Year 237 9
- deleting customers on Sage 50 206 8
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 220 4
- Sage Depreciation 64 1
- Non sequitur 212 2
- Am i Liable? 850 21
- Sale of business being paid by deferred payments by buyer 157 1
- tax relief for the cost of trade marks 150 1
- Interest on main residence mortgage then lent to a company 59 1
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 460 10
- HMRC Accounts Office - waiting an hour! 67 1
- Very Difficult to type on Aweb again 83 2
- Giving a seminar 650 35
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 912 15
- What leverage do I have with accountants if any? 366 3
- Sole trader - bank statements 337 14
- PAYE versus Dividends 133 1
- Altered PAYE cheque 441 9
- equipment rental 75 1
- Flat Rate Scheme 384 16
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,286
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 634
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 418
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 326
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 247
- Alphabet shares 216
- Agent fees to sell business 208
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 203
- Office recharges 165
- Tax position on lease extension 160