Have an unusual situation that I don't quite know which way to go with.
I am engaged for accountanct services for Company A. Run by Mr A although his brother is the director and owner.
Mr A used to be involved in another Company in the same industry - Company B - but I never acted for them.
When doing the Accounts for year 2 of trade to 31 May 11 I noticed there were no longer any wages in the accounts. There was a small amount last year but I know the business has grown and they have at least 3 members of staff.
Upon asking the question of where have the wages gone I am told that they have been out through Company B. Company B however was dissolved in August 2010. My suspicion is there is potentially un-declared income and an SAR is required.
Under tipping off I believe I can still make enquireies such as asking the director if he knew the company was dissolved I just can't tell him about reporting him if I do.
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 780 8
- Personal Pension Relief in the Tax Code 332 5
- Paying Son 765 19
- CGT on lost shares/scam 397 5
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 692 18
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 279 10
- Love is in the air 634 7
- Auto enrolment confusion 2,061 47
- Setting up a practice 576 5
- Very large share capital by mistake 568 7
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 514 4
- 24 month rule and expenses 435 1
- Stamp Duty 307 4
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 243 4
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,834 21
- Incorporation of gp practise 417 1
- Client Paperwork Retention? 597 13
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 593 7
- Tax Overlap Reporting 426 4
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 404 9
- DTA tie-breaker issue 306
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 296
- CGT for NOn UK residents 282
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 281
- Foreign domicile status 281
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 258
- Apprenticeship Levy 244
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 243
- Discretionary payment to sick employee 231
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 227