Have an unusual situation that I don't quite know which way to go with.
I am engaged for accountanct services for Company A. Run by Mr A although his brother is the director and owner.
Mr A used to be involved in another Company in the same industry - Company B - but I never acted for them.
When doing the Accounts for year 2 of trade to 31 May 11 I noticed there were no longer any wages in the accounts. There was a small amount last year but I know the business has grown and they have at least 3 members of staff.
Upon asking the question of where have the wages gone I am told that they have been out through Company B. Company B however was dissolved in August 2010. My suspicion is there is potentially un-declared income and an SAR is required.
Under tipping off I believe I can still make enquireies such as asking the director if he knew the company was dissolved I just can't tell him about reporting him if I do.
- Reregister for VAT 110 2
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 190 6
- Private residence relief with entrepreneur relief mix 263 3
- Weely paid employees 236 3
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 125 3
- Would this save hours of your time? 444 11
- Director's tax return 253 6
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 201 6
- Value pricing 676 23
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 81 2
- Wrong career 458 18
- Payroo Employer allowance query 132 1
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 273 7
- Laptop purchase 1,378 20
- PTP software disaster 265 2
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 224 2
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 99 2
- Tricky VAT question 177 1
- VT accounts licence key 267 5
- Splitting the tax year 113 1
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 793
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 548
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 413
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 292
- Free Tax Legislation? 264
- Director Loan account operation 244
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 238
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 236
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 229
- Paye procedures for CVA 159