Have an unusual situation that I don't quite know which way to go with.
I am engaged for accountanct services for Company A. Run by Mr A although his brother is the director and owner.
Mr A used to be involved in another Company in the same industry - Company B - but I never acted for them.
When doing the Accounts for year 2 of trade to 31 May 11 I noticed there were no longer any wages in the accounts. There was a small amount last year but I know the business has grown and they have at least 3 members of staff.
Upon asking the question of where have the wages gone I am told that they have been out through Company B. Company B however was dissolved in August 2010. My suspicion is there is potentially un-declared income and an SAR is required.
Under tipping off I believe I can still make enquireies such as asking the director if he knew the company was dissolved I just can't tell him about reporting him if I do.
- Closing down - who should buy whom? 281 13
- VAT flat rate scheme 224 4
- Unpaid Fee's 433 8
- IHT on offshore settlement 109 1
- Subcontracting accountancy work 111 2
- Client information from previous accountant 251 5
- Tax and NI on payment to overseas employee 177 2
- Tax relief for backdated pension contributions 311 10
- Liability account to deal with loans from owner 202 9
- A very basic T9 or T0 Question... 247 5
- Corporation Tax DTR 923 9
- PAYE NI 198 4
- break even point 1,040 31
- Tasbook email configuration 214 3
- Client cash balances, on or off-balance sheet for full service brokerage firm 245 4
- How long do legal aid take to pay? 136 1
- Two questions re client meetings and TR Fees 410 5
- Personal Pension Withdrawal 232 2
- Failure to operate PAYE 1,699 31
- quote for winding down two companies and file accounts 168 1
- Possible Partnership? 519
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 499
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 470
- New Fangled Penalties 314
- Clubs and Taxable Income 264
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 261
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 259
- Loans to other companies 198
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 173
- English Company Owning Property in Scotland 165