Money laundering questions
New client comes to see us and reveals a source of income which he has never told his existing accountant before and never reported to HMRC. This goes back at least 20 years.
We advise him to make full disclosure to HMRC which he agrees to do. This is now in progress. Do we need to report, given that he is 'owing up' anyway?
Also a similar scenario but the client decides not to appoint us so we don't know whether any disclosure was made. This one is surely reportable?
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 161 3
- Xerocon 2016 1,207 35
- Mortgage Reference 515 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 212 7
- Insovent companies 877 19
- New Build 178 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,293 48
- BrightPay quirks 189 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 799 20
- Website Content 141 1
- Personal Tax 621 12
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 127 1
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 170 1
- USA Tax Query 294 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 434 5
- last minute request 646 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 345 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 380 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,735 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 987 6