Is the mortgage interest allowable if.....
Mr & Mrs buy a house and move into it.
Mrs dies and Mr doesn't want to live there anymore so he buys another house and lets out the first house.
When he does this he takes out a mortgage which is secured on the second house.
So whilst the mortgage is actually used to buy house two it is raised (partly) in order to enable house one to be let.
Can he claim the interst on this mortgage against the rent on the first house?
If not, would he be able to if the mortgage was secured on the first house?
- cost of moving out for a few weeks 80 3
- OBK 393 16
- Flat Rate Scheme - Joining date 61 1
- Auto-Enrolment 3,644 175
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,721 26
- Sage error message 129 2
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 68 1
- Partially exempt? 142 5
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 468 5
- Withholding Tax - Invoicing Ecuador 134 3
- Mileage claim 214 9
- Proof of Delivery 231 8
- What is 'an asset' for A/A+B CGT? 89 4
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 523 1
- Difference of Sales Invoices and Bank receipts for Sales 335 8
- VAT on converted property having opted to tax 228 9
- Property expense - legal fees 154 3
- Research expenses for authors 277 6
- Investor exit 83 1
- Tax question about small group and how to set up 132 3
- Skandia using wrong address 460
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 268
- Employee rewards 247
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 246
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 215
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 205
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 200
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 187
- Etax Australian 160
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 148