Is the mortgage interest allowable if.....
Mr & Mrs buy a house and move into it.
Mrs dies and Mr doesn't want to live there anymore so he buys another house and lets out the first house.
When he does this he takes out a mortgage which is secured on the second house.
So whilst the mortgage is actually used to buy house two it is raised (partly) in order to enable house one to be let.
Can he claim the interst on this mortgage against the rent on the first house?
If not, would he be able to if the mortgage was secured on the first house?
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 763 11
- Am i Liable? 223 7
- RTI 123 3
- Giving a seminar 551 31
- directors overdrawn loan account 96 1
- Does buying a block of fees qualify as goodwill 134 1
- Tax deductable portion of home rental cost 219 10
- Incorrect Generic non-filing notice 99 1
- Added years superannuation 77 2
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 207 1
- JIEB Exams 143 1
- Christmas party 136 1
- Checking a contract 306 8
- Flat Rate Scheme 314 15
- Altered PAYE cheque 251 5
- deleting customers on Sage 50 169 7
- VAT on garage rent 332 14
- Value-shifting 90 1
- Pattern for CTA 219 4
- Debiting private use proportion to directors loan account 459 18
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,222
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 610
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 410
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 316
- Agent fees to sell business 193
- Alphabet shares 193
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 188
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 185
- VAT codes In Sage. Am I correct? 167
- Office recharges 150