Is the mortgage interest allowable if.....
Mr & Mrs buy a house and move into it.
Mrs dies and Mr doesn't want to live there anymore so he buys another house and lets out the first house.
When he does this he takes out a mortgage which is secured on the second house.
So whilst the mortgage is actually used to buy house two it is raised (partly) in order to enable house one to be let.
Can he claim the interst on this mortgage against the rent on the first house?
If not, would he be able to if the mortgage was secured on the first house?
- 31 Jan Procrastination Question: Computer Monitors 593 18
- Disclosure requirements for Directors Loan Accounts in Credit 508 20
- Tax relief on accommodation costs 25 1
- Director or self-employed 278 2
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 1,366 25
- Anybody still doing returns? 1,007 37
- BVI registered 190 4
- Closing a limited company 393 6
- Self assessment for directors 187 2
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 279 10
- Tax Penalty overreaction 2,617 17
- A little knowledge 422 6
- Digita in the cloud 181 2
- Tax relief when working away 96 1
- Tax relief when working away 212 3
- Designated sole Residence 260 5
- Scratch Head 361 1
- Year end 278 2
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 335 13
- Clothing 650 19
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 970
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 691
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 634
- Latest phishing scam 616
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 459
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 338
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 270
- Still Christmas at HMRC? 240
- Sabbatical payments 232
- Negligible Value Claim 215