Is the mortgage interest allowable if.....
Mr & Mrs buy a house and move into it.
Mrs dies and Mr doesn't want to live there anymore so he buys another house and lets out the first house.
When he does this he takes out a mortgage which is secured on the second house.
So whilst the mortgage is actually used to buy house two it is raised (partly) in order to enable house one to be let.
Can he claim the interst on this mortgage against the rent on the first house?
If not, would he be able to if the mortgage was secured on the first house?
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 86 3
- Scanners 142 3
- Payment plans for clients 60 2
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 210 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 195 7
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 382 2
- Should I move back home away from my office? 425 9
- P60 or payslips? 56 1
- Property income in different capacities 87 1
- IHT dilemma 1,369 21
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 177 1
- IT advisory questions? 160 5
- Entrepreneurs Relief 790 44
- Has anyone else come across VAT account suspensions? 119 1
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 511 7
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 459 8
- Sage payroll alternatives 627 12
- More AE! 647 14
- Moneysoft and People's Pension 140 4
- PAYE 1,648 17
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,152
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 794
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 482
- Digita Hosted Software 316
- Credit where credit's due....... 266
- Director phone costs 226
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 224
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 184
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 147
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 133