Is the mortgage interest allowable if.....
Mr & Mrs buy a house and move into it.
Mrs dies and Mr doesn't want to live there anymore so he buys another house and lets out the first house.
When he does this he takes out a mortgage which is secured on the second house.
So whilst the mortgage is actually used to buy house two it is raised (partly) in order to enable house one to be let.
Can he claim the interst on this mortgage against the rent on the first house?
If not, would he be able to if the mortgage was secured on the first house?
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,323 14
- IR35 deemed payment and dividends - practical considerations 166 3
- VAT on Hire Purchase 183 2
- "Audit Report" 81 1
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 483 13
- Coding Notice 232 6
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 247 6
- New business - journal entries 416 22
- Is CGT roll over relief available for let property 226 3
- Payroll software 653 16
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 274 5
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 401 10
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 735 18
- B2B vat in the EU 192 4
- Samadian effect on self employed student support workers 203 4
- Changes to class 2 NIC's 236 3
- Client RTI Shows payments not his 200 4
- LLP as member of LLP 142 1
- Why should I retain membership? 2,847 48
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 523 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 874
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 722
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 415
- Social investment tax relief 220
- Digita Hosted Software 215
- Call Centre Data Costs 204
- accounting for this transaction 197
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 174
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 171
- Travel costs and contractors 170