Is the mortgage interest allowable if.....
Mr & Mrs buy a house and move into it.
Mrs dies and Mr doesn't want to live there anymore so he buys another house and lets out the first house.
When he does this he takes out a mortgage which is secured on the second house.
So whilst the mortgage is actually used to buy house two it is raised (partly) in order to enable house one to be let.
Can he claim the interst on this mortgage against the rent on the first house?
If not, would he be able to if the mortgage was secured on the first house?
- The stupidity continues 613 23
- transactions after account have been closed 162 4
- Can I claim Vat on solicitors invoices? 160 5
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 527 10
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 218 6
- Calculating capital gains tax for non-residents UK residential property 120 1
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,340 25
- New Employers Helpline 205 4
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 221 3
- Software recommendations 276 1
- Share transfer question 376 17
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 326 7
- qualifying for 1/9th tax credit on foreign dividend 181 2
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,454 19
- Overlap relief 759 19
- What is IRIS World like? 368 8
- Pension contributions 381 10
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 510 11
- Do you use sign up lists on your website 207 1
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 285 8
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 439
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 434
- WIP Software 299
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 291
- No payroll scheme in place 234
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 231
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 207
- Is there anything wrong with this? 203
- Small Part Disposal of Property 189
- Uncommercial property business 181