Is the mortgage interest allowable if.....
Mr & Mrs buy a house and move into it.
Mrs dies and Mr doesn't want to live there anymore so he buys another house and lets out the first house.
When he does this he takes out a mortgage which is secured on the second house.
So whilst the mortgage is actually used to buy house two it is raised (partly) in order to enable house one to be let.
Can he claim the interst on this mortgage against the rent on the first house?
If not, would he be able to if the mortgage was secured on the first house?
- Unallocated client money 423 10
- What is going on with VAT applications?? 2,010 41
- Errors in prior year accounts 884 24
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,450 26
- Expenses Apps 256 5
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 2,694 25
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 550 10
- VAT & capitalising 154 3
- Final year's accounts 182 1
- Do I Need A Balance Sheet? 361 5
- Self Assessment Tax Return Penalties 323 5
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 324 7
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 287 15
- Have we a distribution when we reduced our capital but it hadn't been registered? & tax implications in winding up 166 2
- What are options for non CA firm 1,998 36
- Invoice Help 266 7
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 207 3
- Employee overpaid who has left 275 4
- Limited Company keeping receipts 257 3
- Sorry ignore me 932 24
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 627
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 534
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 299
- Cancelled 285
- Cancelled 246
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 195
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 193
- Probiz 180
- Married woman dies owning marital home 175
- What's the market like for temps? 169