Is the mortgage interest allowable if.....
Mr & Mrs buy a house and move into it.
Mrs dies and Mr doesn't want to live there anymore so he buys another house and lets out the first house.
When he does this he takes out a mortgage which is secured on the second house.
So whilst the mortgage is actually used to buy house two it is raised (partly) in order to enable house one to be let.
Can he claim the interst on this mortgage against the rent on the first house?
If not, would he be able to if the mortgage was secured on the first house?
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 642 5
- See you all on the other side 692 6
- 12Pay 458 2
- dividends 609 2
- R&D 317 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,181 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 440 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 414 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 373 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 545 5
- Seeking a tax case 642 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 505 4
- Companies house strike off 550 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 429 2
- Moving to the cloud 745 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 216 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 904 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 210 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,092 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 501 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 562
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 420
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 373
- IRIS and FRS 102 354
- Capitalising Finance Lease 327
- USA help 317
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 297
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 293
- Marginal rates of tax 293
- Class 2 NI 277