Is the mortgage interest allowable if.....
Mr & Mrs buy a house and move into it.
Mrs dies and Mr doesn't want to live there anymore so he buys another house and lets out the first house.
When he does this he takes out a mortgage which is secured on the second house.
So whilst the mortgage is actually used to buy house two it is raised (partly) in order to enable house one to be let.
Can he claim the interst on this mortgage against the rent on the first house?
If not, would he be able to if the mortgage was secured on the first house?
- Telephone call from "Xero" 414 5
- Error on SA Tax Return 114 3
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,171 46
- dividend 147 10
- Purchase of shares in a Limited Company 112 5
- Repairs or Improvement? 251 5
- Credit Card Payment - What are we required to do? 170 3
- Irish Taxation 140 4
- Now the phishers have baited their hooks with SAGE 307 2
- Self assessment tax arrears 512 6
- Drector renting room to company 94 1
- Off site storage 151 5
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 599 6
- Anyone know about Cloud-Based Practice Management Software? 249 7
- Industrial & Provident Societies 349 1
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 237 3
- Auto-enrolment - Fees 329 4
- Self assesment losses 323 8
- RTI and s18 ITEPA 175 3
- Garden studio - tax and VAT deductible? 189 1
- Xtuple 565
- Qtac payroll for bureau 387
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 342
- Domain name sale and limited company 232
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 211
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 209
- Investment 205
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 181
- Tax on damages received 180
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 151