Is the mortgage interest allowable if.....
Mr & Mrs buy a house and move into it.
Mrs dies and Mr doesn't want to live there anymore so he buys another house and lets out the first house.
When he does this he takes out a mortgage which is secured on the second house.
So whilst the mortgage is actually used to buy house two it is raised (partly) in order to enable house one to be let.
Can he claim the interst on this mortgage against the rent on the first house?
If not, would he be able to if the mortgage was secured on the first house?
- Change PAYE agent address 165 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 86 4
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 161 8
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 35 1
- Claiming for breach of contract 220 4
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 120 2
- AccountingWEB survey 344 4
- An IT question 345 8
- Maintenance company for buy to let 108 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,108 38
- Disengagement Help! 1,401 21
- Is it possible to link documents into transactions in Sage? 77 1
- Accounting for stolen van? 210 3
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 1,158 21
- Capital losses on foreign property 156 1
- Creative Auto Enrolment 688 10
- self employed losses 174 1
- Unpaid fees 470 9
- Vat payable on van 310 2
- Accounting for corporation tax 588 13