Is the mortgage interest allowable if.....
Mr & Mrs buy a house and move into it.
Mrs dies and Mr doesn't want to live there anymore so he buys another house and lets out the first house.
When he does this he takes out a mortgage which is secured on the second house.
So whilst the mortgage is actually used to buy house two it is raised (partly) in order to enable house one to be let.
Can he claim the interst on this mortgage against the rent on the first house?
If not, would he be able to if the mortgage was secured on the first house?
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 323 9
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 187 5
- 27,000 Really? 1,166 38
- What are options for non CA firm 2,842 60
- Legal title not in the company name 801 23
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 352 4
- Opening Balances 212 2
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 593 7
- Tax Credits for Self Employed 130 1
- FRS12 Redundancy and notice period provision 98 1
- This is getting boring 627 12
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 270 7
- pension paid by company? 129 3
- inheritance tax 432 12
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 354 9
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 233 4
- State pension 305 3
- Accountancy Career 151 1
- CIC Company 661 13
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,827 22
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 642
- Cancelled 396
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 355
- Cancelled 340
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 311
- Probiz 306
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 282
- How not to compose an email 272
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 259
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 224