Is the mortgage interest allowable if.....
Mr & Mrs buy a house and move into it.
Mrs dies and Mr doesn't want to live there anymore so he buys another house and lets out the first house.
When he does this he takes out a mortgage which is secured on the second house.
So whilst the mortgage is actually used to buy house two it is raised (partly) in order to enable house one to be let.
Can he claim the interst on this mortgage against the rent on the first house?
If not, would he be able to if the mortgage was secured on the first house?
- OMG HMRC !!!! Employ some ppl!! 466 9
- Spousal transfer and PPR 830 34
- Keeping disastrous accounts 210 2
- Payroll question 78 2
- Where has Portia gone? 4,691 106
- Moneysoft or Sage payroll with auto enrolment? 232 5
- In pratice using part time accountants 155 1
- Warning - "Central Register of Companies" con 162 3
- Overlap profit 221 4
- Goodwill On Incorporation 96 1
- CT600 for first year UK company trading abroad 168 13
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 332 5
- micro entity balance sheet query 272 6
- What are other accountants having for lunch? 625 19
- RTI Payroll ID 935 21
- VAT flat rate scheme 544 9
- Computations in HMRC accounts software 125 2
- EIS 3 Processing Delays at HMRC 182 2
- Unwarranted VAT assessments 149 1
- Virtual Assistants 138 1
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 836
- Pensions Regulator 473
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 439
- Sanzar 335
- How do you do it 328
- Digital marketing focus group 309
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 283
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 201
- new investor structure 194
- Fit for purpose 191