Is the mortgage interest allowable if.....
Mr & Mrs buy a house and move into it.
Mrs dies and Mr doesn't want to live there anymore so he buys another house and lets out the first house.
When he does this he takes out a mortgage which is secured on the second house.
So whilst the mortgage is actually used to buy house two it is raised (partly) in order to enable house one to be let.
Can he claim the interst on this mortgage against the rent on the first house?
If not, would he be able to if the mortgage was secured on the first house?
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,730 21
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 542 11
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 368 5
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 199 3
- Incorporation of gp practise 127 1
- Love is in the air 384 5
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 247 9
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,997 46
- Very large share capital by mistake 284 3
- Client Paperwork Retention? 530 13
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 554 7
- Tax Overlap Reporting 303 4
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 325 2
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 372 9
- Reimbursing director travel costs 425 6
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 428 8
- Sage 50 VAT Return 260 2
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 523 1
- Paying Son 680 18
- HMRC accounting 413 3
- DTA tie-breaker issue 295
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 279
- CGT for NOn UK residents 278
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 273
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 249
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 235
- Apprenticeship Levy 232
- Capital Gains personal representatives 217
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 210
- Mandating Rental income or dividend income to a company 190