MOT tests - can someone help with VAT treatment?
Strange how so many posts start with 'a new client'. As so often happens, this one has been done no favours by his previous, erm 'bookkeeper'. I'm having to backtrack over a number of years to find when he should have registered for VAT, but the MOT test question is making it more difficult.
He is not an approved MOT centre, so has tests done elsewhere. He charges more than he pays the approved centre, so he is not an agent under VTTAXPER3900, so I don't see how he can treat the cost to him as a disbursement. However, I am reading VTTAXPER48000 incorrectly, as I find two of the VAT treatments conflict. One paragraph says that any amount charged over and above the amount paid is taxable at the standard rate. Yet the next option says that if he does not treat the exact amount that he is charged as a disbursement he must account for VAT on the full invoiced amount.
So, if he only accounts for VAT on the 'profit' under the 1st option, does that mean he has some exempt sales which lead us in to partial VAT calculations?
Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
- reporting salary? 22 1
- Multiple PAYE Schemes 92 2
- Childcare Vouchers 119 2
- Sale of shares and ER 80 3
- Enforcing A CCJ 172 4
- Quarterly PAYE 47 1
- Value pricing 452 15
- SDLT - transfer of land into newco 108 4
- Personal Service Company 94 2
- Employment Allowance - Doctors Private Secretaries 91 1
- SA Return issued after P800 received 115 5
- More than one Employment Allowance ? 113 1
- Auto enrolment 260 4
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,179 25
- Sage Payroll 191 8
- Laptop purchase 1,161 19
- VAT on Gaming Machines 245 1
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 132 3
- VAT 100 1
- Auto enrolment 336 5
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 753
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 513
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 384
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 361
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 271
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 209
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 209
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 190
- Director Loan account operation 182
- vat return 156