MOT tests - can someone help with VAT treatment?
Strange how so many posts start with 'a new client'. As so often happens, this one has been done no favours by his previous, erm 'bookkeeper'. I'm having to backtrack over a number of years to find when he should have registered for VAT, but the MOT test question is making it more difficult.
He is not an approved MOT centre, so has tests done elsewhere. He charges more than he pays the approved centre, so he is not an agent under VTTAXPER3900, so I don't see how he can treat the cost to him as a disbursement. However, I am reading VTTAXPER48000 incorrectly, as I find two of the VAT treatments conflict. One paragraph says that any amount charged over and above the amount paid is taxable at the standard rate. Yet the next option says that if he does not treat the exact amount that he is charged as a disbursement he must account for VAT on the full invoiced amount.
So, if he only accounts for VAT on the 'profit' under the 1st option, does that mean he has some exempt sales which lead us in to partial VAT calculations?
Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
- Clothing 433 10
- Anybody still doing returns? 195 7
- no utr 70 2
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 183 7
- Interest on pre-letting? 85 4
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 50 1
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 1,660 44
- Will simplified micro entities accounts result in loss of business ? 1,684 22
- Rent a room scheme query. 223 4
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 304 13
- File Abbreviated LLP accounts online? 109 6
- Why do I do this every year 565 13
- HMRC filing meltdown? 718 24
- client can't/won't pay 2,022 45
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 314 5
- Self assesment online 1,070 13
- Xero sales report by customer - how? 128 1
- Anybody Use Brightpay 748 20
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 259 11
- Tax Credit Office opening hours 152 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 940
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 658
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 606
- Latest phishing scam 587
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 424
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 318
- Scratch Head 252
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 243
- Sabbatical payments 207
- Negligible Value Claim 184