MOT tests - can someone help with VAT treatment?
Strange how so many posts start with 'a new client'. As so often happens, this one has been done no favours by his previous, erm 'bookkeeper'. I'm having to backtrack over a number of years to find when he should have registered for VAT, but the MOT test question is making it more difficult.
He is not an approved MOT centre, so has tests done elsewhere. He charges more than he pays the approved centre, so he is not an agent under VTTAXPER3900, so I don't see how he can treat the cost to him as a disbursement. However, I am reading VTTAXPER48000 incorrectly, as I find two of the VAT treatments conflict. One paragraph says that any amount charged over and above the amount paid is taxable at the standard rate. Yet the next option says that if he does not treat the exact amount that he is charged as a disbursement he must account for VAT on the full invoiced amount.
So, if he only accounts for VAT on the 'profit' under the 1st option, does that mean he has some exempt sales which lead us in to partial VAT calculations?
Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
- What taxes must employers pay in Continental Europe? e.g. Germany and France 103 1
- Setting up direct debit on Clients bank accounts to collect monthly payments 335 10
- Travel costs and contractors 273 3
- vat help for catering concession 145 3
- Employee works in UK paid by Denmark and uses company car from another business 58 1
- RTI and Directors' salaries 148 2
- Is there capital gains tax for selling a church? 212 3
- Importers 111 1
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 280 4
- Tax free threshold on person receiving gifts 252 4
- dfgd fget 134 1
- More AE! 236 6
- New business - journal entries 612 27
- US Citizen but never resident in US 221 4
- LLP Tax Allocation Prior Year Amendment 74 1
- aia 126 1
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 449 10
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 460 16
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 267 5
- Form 17 Joint tenancy v tenants in common 269 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 992
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 746
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 432
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 253
- Digita Hosted Software 251
- Social investment tax relief 244
- Call Centre Data Costs 230
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 184
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 150
- Petrol station franchise and VAT 138