MOT tests - can someone help with VAT treatment?
Strange how so many posts start with 'a new client'. As so often happens, this one has been done no favours by his previous, erm 'bookkeeper'. I'm having to backtrack over a number of years to find when he should have registered for VAT, but the MOT test question is making it more difficult.
He is not an approved MOT centre, so has tests done elsewhere. He charges more than he pays the approved centre, so he is not an agent under VTTAXPER3900, so I don't see how he can treat the cost to him as a disbursement. However, I am reading VTTAXPER48000 incorrectly, as I find two of the VAT treatments conflict. One paragraph says that any amount charged over and above the amount paid is taxable at the standard rate. Yet the next option says that if he does not treat the exact amount that he is charged as a disbursement he must account for VAT on the full invoiced amount.
So, if he only accounts for VAT on the 'profit' under the 1st option, does that mean he has some exempt sales which lead us in to partial VAT calculations?
Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
- Husband Wife let property 325 9
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 473 12
- Output tax for retailer 297 8
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 237 3
- 13-14 Payroll return needs to be filed 94 2
- Payroll Software & Auto Enrolement 86 1
- CT600 Advice 30 1
- Goodie bag 1,409 51
- Fair Value Accounting 45 1
- Client incurring expenses on company car 73 4
- can I approach clients ? 319 8
- Companies House Penalties 53 2
- Apostille documents 80 2
- Budget 2015 predictions 516 13
- AE - employees making different contributions 58 1
- Transfer of properties to a limited company stamp duty 319 14
- Classic cars investment 551 15
- Why .... 805 9
- Awkward shareholder (sister) 521 5
- BrightPay 900 26
- Possible Partnership? 633
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 512
- New Fangled Penalties 440
- Fuming! 365
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 315
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 253
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 232
- Outsource Data Entry 229
- Moving away from CCH software 221
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 172