MOT tests - can someone help with VAT treatment?
Strange how so many posts start with 'a new client'. As so often happens, this one has been done no favours by his previous, erm 'bookkeeper'. I'm having to backtrack over a number of years to find when he should have registered for VAT, but the MOT test question is making it more difficult.
He is not an approved MOT centre, so has tests done elsewhere. He charges more than he pays the approved centre, so he is not an agent under VTTAXPER3900, so I don't see how he can treat the cost to him as a disbursement. However, I am reading VTTAXPER48000 incorrectly, as I find two of the VAT treatments conflict. One paragraph says that any amount charged over and above the amount paid is taxable at the standard rate. Yet the next option says that if he does not treat the exact amount that he is charged as a disbursement he must account for VAT on the full invoiced amount.
So, if he only accounts for VAT on the 'profit' under the 1st option, does that mean he has some exempt sales which lead us in to partial VAT calculations?
Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
- Musician deductible expenses 73 1
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there....accountants need to help other accountants out :) 369 17
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 78 4
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 563 17
- Invoice or journal for inter-company transactions 84 1
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 276 8
- Tax Return Deadlines 136 2
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 531 11
- Flat rate vat error 332 7
- EC VAT 215 9
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 534 13
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 289 14
- can I claim a per diem 274 5
- s.755 ITA 2007 Gains on transactions in land 141 2
- Who picks up the slack? 1,385 8
- VAT on part of a closed pub 249 14
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 118 1
- HMRC corporation tax software - how to enter negative expense 303 8
- Dispensation pointless ? 541 14
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 869 19
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 844
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 509
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 322
- How to format a stock book 292
- Tax efficient holding company structure 234
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 230
- Investment property company accounts template 220
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 214
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 186
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 182