MOT tests - can someone help with VAT treatment?
Strange how so many posts start with 'a new client'. As so often happens, this one has been done no favours by his previous, erm 'bookkeeper'. I'm having to backtrack over a number of years to find when he should have registered for VAT, but the MOT test question is making it more difficult.
He is not an approved MOT centre, so has tests done elsewhere. He charges more than he pays the approved centre, so he is not an agent under VTTAXPER3900, so I don't see how he can treat the cost to him as a disbursement. However, I am reading VTTAXPER48000 incorrectly, as I find two of the VAT treatments conflict. One paragraph says that any amount charged over and above the amount paid is taxable at the standard rate. Yet the next option says that if he does not treat the exact amount that he is charged as a disbursement he must account for VAT on the full invoiced amount.
So, if he only accounts for VAT on the 'profit' under the 1st option, does that mean he has some exempt sales which lead us in to partial VAT calculations?
Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
- Builing a gin palace but wants to rent out for a year first 151 1
- Over VAT threshold but now ceased trading 164 1
- Auto enrolment 424 8
- Audacity 921 17
- Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings 382 7
- Late registration for MOSS 238 5
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 368 8
- Revaluation of Brands etc 265 5
- Self employed care worker 484 10
- Client right to working papers 327 3
- Seeking advice: Paying Funeral Costs 538 6
- Sole Director Limited Company and Childcare..hat is most tax efficient way to do it? 343 4
- Professional Clearance 1,048 24
- Self Assessment statement credit balances unallocated and getting repayment 271 5
- Illegal share transfer 448 5
- Uk vat on supply of training services to South African Airline? 170 2
- Company Strike off 1,842 30
- Soca or not to soca 2,145 34
- How to deal with an employee's at work car parking cost, paid for by the company 393 3
- Estate admin practicalities 225 1
- NHS finance professionals 533
- VAL231 408
- Mother and son property ownership 377
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 359
- Foreign Pension Contribution 331
- Fines for late submission of the RDR 306
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 285
- vat gross profit percentage margins 273
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 255
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 225