MOT tests - can someone help with VAT treatment?
Strange how so many posts start with 'a new client'. As so often happens, this one has been done no favours by his previous, erm 'bookkeeper'. I'm having to backtrack over a number of years to find when he should have registered for VAT, but the MOT test question is making it more difficult.
He is not an approved MOT centre, so has tests done elsewhere. He charges more than he pays the approved centre, so he is not an agent under VTTAXPER3900, so I don't see how he can treat the cost to him as a disbursement. However, I am reading VTTAXPER48000 incorrectly, as I find two of the VAT treatments conflict. One paragraph says that any amount charged over and above the amount paid is taxable at the standard rate. Yet the next option says that if he does not treat the exact amount that he is charged as a disbursement he must account for VAT on the full invoiced amount.
So, if he only accounts for VAT on the 'profit' under the 1st option, does that mean he has some exempt sales which lead us in to partial VAT calculations?
Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
- Non-compete agreement 178 1
- Expenses claim for non employee 194 1
- Any views 736 1
- Using a Business broker to sell a clients Company.....??? 84 1
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 203 6
- IRIS Practice Management 142 2
- Non Registered trader selling to Malta 101 2
- Need qualification back due to clients' banks needing my references 266 8
- Pre- trading Expenses 82 1
- Was I rude 777 19
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 182 5
- Dividend payments and shareholdings 169 3
- Corporation tax due date confusion 303 4
- You cannot be Serious!!! 254 1
- Top slicing relief question 232 2
- Valuation of PET on death 113 2
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 272 6
- Share swap 291 8
- Online filing 167 5
- Payment for goods received on last day of quarter but refunded the next - what options are open here? 330 13
- Skandia using wrong address 1,479
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 814
- International interest certificate 446
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 418
- Sale of business 392
- NOVA 287
- IRIS Open Books problem 282
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 199
- Bonus Bonds 170
- Management expenses for investment company 169