Motorcycle Clothing - an allowable expense?
I have a client who is a subcontractor under CIS etc. He has a motorbike which he uses solely for work and would prefer to claim running costs and not mileage. No problem with this and as there is no private use it makes it nice and straightforward.
What about his protective clothing for the bike though? Can we claim this as an expense? There is no private use as it is all in connection with riding a bike safely.
My inclination is to allow it as it would be foolhardy to ride a bike without adequate protection and as there is no private use of the bike it follows that there is no private use of the clothing.
What do ppl think?
- How to purchase business premises? 56 1
- Childcare vouchers 74 2
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 285 6
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 196 5
- VAT avoidance? 161 4
- Can S455 tax repaid 143 3
- PAYE coding out 126 3
- Follower cases 560 2
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 326 3
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 717 23
- LIVE chat, starting now 440 2
- Late Registration for VAT 433 12
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 393 5
- TheTax Donut 1,127 1
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 331 6
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 698 10
- How to explain this to someone 391 2
- Register for self assessment again as LLP member? 81 2
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 706 5
- TaxCalc Accounts production 322 4
- Hive up 459
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 424
- corporate hierarchy 410
- Advice - 235
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 208
- Amortisation of Goodwill 200
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 191
- WWOOFers 185
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 168
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 167