Motorcycle Clothing - an allowable expense?
I have a client who is a subcontractor under CIS etc. He has a motorbike which he uses solely for work and would prefer to claim running costs and not mileage. No problem with this and as there is no private use it makes it nice and straightforward.
What about his protective clothing for the bike though? Can we claim this as an expense? There is no private use as it is all in connection with riding a bike safely.
My inclination is to allow it as it would be foolhardy to ride a bike without adequate protection and as there is no private use of the bike it follows that there is no private use of the clothing.
What do ppl think?
- Early repayment of CIS deductions - sole trader 63 3
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 255 5
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,474 35
- Software to use 68 1
- Is there is a tax neutral way of splitting a company? 82 4
- Rental Property on Self Assessment 89 1
- Discretionary trust reporting 83 1
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 628 15
- Partnership profit share - tax efficient for husband and wife 84 1
- Client change of address for VAT - can't do it online?! 388 7
- Benchmark Scale Rates 62 1
- Rollover relief and private use 98 2
- Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) 217 3
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 868 12
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,820 72
- SAGE con 352 7
- Filed CT600 using Taxcalc 121 2
- Which software for practice books? 564 20
- Related Parties Note 784 10
- Dazed & confused 408 5
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,059
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 565
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 376
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 283
- Charge out rates in London? 229
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 218
- Personal consumption by landlord 194
- Interest on Loan to a Company 181
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 161
- Agent fees to sell business 150