Motorcycle Clothing - an allowable expense?
I have a client who is a subcontractor under CIS etc. He has a motorbike which he uses solely for work and would prefer to claim running costs and not mileage. No problem with this and as there is no private use it makes it nice and straightforward.
What about his protective clothing for the bike though? Can we claim this as an expense? There is no private use as it is all in connection with riding a bike safely.
My inclination is to allow it as it would be foolhardy to ride a bike without adequate protection and as there is no private use of the bike it follows that there is no private use of the clothing.
What do ppl think?
- Late VAT registration penalty 68 2
- VAT 38 1
- Tax treatment on the sale of a business 352 18
- Company incorrectly marked 'dormant' by HMRC 96 1
- VAT on “Reimbursement” from third parties 71 2
- Pricing 196 8
- Sage error message 34 1
- VAT on converted property having opted to tax 203 8
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 150 3
- Auto-Enrolment 3,100 158
- Money laundering POCA 207 4
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 95 1
- P11d mistake 119 1
- Place of Supply or these two contracts walk into a German Bar 186 2
- Accountants who provide tech/IT advice 477 1
- CLG exempt under s60 128 2
- Improvement expenses allowable against rental income 156 4
- Alternative to CIS 424 9
- Can I become a self employed bookkeeper?? 405 4
- Supplier 1,274 13
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 500
- Skandia using wrong address 446
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 266
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 240
- Employee rewards 236
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 208
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 203
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 186
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 183
- Etax Australian 152