Motorcycle Clothing - an allowable expense?
I have a client who is a subcontractor under CIS etc. He has a motorbike which he uses solely for work and would prefer to claim running costs and not mileage. No problem with this and as there is no private use it makes it nice and straightforward.
What about his protective clothing for the bike though? Can we claim this as an expense? There is no private use as it is all in connection with riding a bike safely.
My inclination is to allow it as it would be foolhardy to ride a bike without adequate protection and as there is no private use of the bike it follows that there is no private use of the clothing.
What do ppl think?
- Company formation and bank account 195 7
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 628 8
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,520 44
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 481 9
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 386 8
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 169 2
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 390 8
- OneNote is fantastic 461 11
- VAT Direct Debit 350 7
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 434 8
- Self Assessment Software 681 21
- Share capital - death of a shareholder 431 13
- Self-assessment statistics 2,348 55
- Director started half way through the year no previous income. Pro rate NI 238 11
- Owning overseas property 226 1
- Fees to charge for Auto enrolment Pension for small Employers 335 3
- What's happened to Smith's Taxation 280 1
- Expedia say that they can't give me a VAT invoice 688 13
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,146 21
- PPR on a development? 237 4
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 649
- VAT on Export Outside EU and Conditional Sale 399
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 399
- Property letting & CAs 387
- 2015 tax year end 382
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 380
- FCA regulated company in a small group 339
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 256
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 236
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 230