Motorcycle Clothing - an allowable expense?
I have a client who is a subcontractor under CIS etc. He has a motorbike which he uses solely for work and would prefer to claim running costs and not mileage. No problem with this and as there is no private use it makes it nice and straightforward.
What about his protective clothing for the bike though? Can we claim this as an expense? There is no private use as it is all in connection with riding a bike safely.
My inclination is to allow it as it would be foolhardy to ride a bike without adequate protection and as there is no private use of the bike it follows that there is no private use of the clothing.
What do ppl think?
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 139 3
- Lloyds bank ... 395 6
- Do I need to pay my accountant 220 4
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 229 5
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 347 18
- Limited company buying a car 195 5
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 472 10
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 575 6
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 231 7
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 299 4
- ACCA practice certificates 509 5
- Limited company buying director's car 312 10
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 96 1
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 131 1
- WC's and capital allowances 183 3
- Entrepeneurs relief 320 13
- Dress code 1,560 36
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 485 13
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 267 6
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 394 4
- CTA study material 772
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 484
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 401
- Employment related securities question 311
- AIM Stocks and IHT 282
- Expat pension contributions? 260
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 260
- Trust for Employee 239
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 187
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 149