Motorcycle Clothing - an allowable expense?
I have a client who is a subcontractor under CIS etc. He has a motorbike which he uses solely for work and would prefer to claim running costs and not mileage. No problem with this and as there is no private use it makes it nice and straightforward.
What about his protective clothing for the bike though? Can we claim this as an expense? There is no private use as it is all in connection with riding a bike safely.
My inclination is to allow it as it would be foolhardy to ride a bike without adequate protection and as there is no private use of the bike it follows that there is no private use of the clothing.
What do ppl think?
- Recommendations for online payroll software 170 1
- . 138 1
- Accountant Specialization. 240 2
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 201 4
- Rectify overpaid childcare vouchers, how? 151 2
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 155 6
- Claiming VAT on car lease 429 27
- Capital Gains Tax on property with multiple uses 72 1
- Returning papers to ex-clients 585 7
- How to network with other Accountants? 672 5
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 110 2
- Freelance/Employee 626 15
- Agent Authorisation Issue 172 2
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 319 6
- Is it just me ... 261 5
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 279 4
- CIS registration when already registered for PAYE 111 4
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 337 10
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 217 1
- Directors exempt from AE? 1,516 18
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 745
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 405
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 352
- Electric Car 288
- S222 Charge 237
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 185
- IP trans to holding company 182
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 170
- AIA 164
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 160