Motorcycle Clothing - an allowable expense?
I have a client who is a subcontractor under CIS etc. He has a motorbike which he uses solely for work and would prefer to claim running costs and not mileage. No problem with this and as there is no private use it makes it nice and straightforward.
What about his protective clothing for the bike though? Can we claim this as an expense? There is no private use as it is all in connection with riding a bike safely.
My inclination is to allow it as it would be foolhardy to ride a bike without adequate protection and as there is no private use of the bike it follows that there is no private use of the clothing.
What do ppl think?
- General tax book with planning 139 2
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,193 69
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 273 11
- Gift of property & improvements 108 2
- Error in past Corporate tax return 336 5
- VAT Invoice 124 4
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 799 32
- IHT and Swiss Property 124 1
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 209 3
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 171 7
- Vat code for journal entries of director's expenses 143 2
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 443 10
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 368 8
- Help with tax codes on Sage 251 1
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 180 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 258 4
- Accounting for a finance lease 159 4
- SA302's anyone?? 533 16
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,643 41
- Renting for military reasons 192 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,620
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 901
- International interest certificate 509
- NOVA 368
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 292
- Management expenses for investment company 263
- Bonus Bonds 261
- tax on apprenticeship income 172
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 172
- P11D benefit received by widow 148