Motorcycle Clothing - an allowable expense?
I have a client who is a subcontractor under CIS etc. He has a motorbike which he uses solely for work and would prefer to claim running costs and not mileage. No problem with this and as there is no private use it makes it nice and straightforward.
What about his protective clothing for the bike though? Can we claim this as an expense? There is no private use as it is all in connection with riding a bike safely.
My inclination is to allow it as it would be foolhardy to ride a bike without adequate protection and as there is no private use of the bike it follows that there is no private use of the clothing.
What do ppl think?
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 126 5
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 315 7
- Enforcing A CCJ 310 7
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 153 2
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 274 5
- Comapny valuation qualifications 109 2
- Director's tax return 360 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 167 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,096 34
- Flat rate vat 192 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 181 5
- Coming in from the cold 348 3
- Splitting the tax year 169 2
- P11d & Medical Ins 207 2
- Should design costs be capitalised? 173 4
- Submitting tax return 187 1
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 266 8
- Sage Payroll 319 11
- Payroo Employer allowance query 212 6
- vat return 272 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 806
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 557
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 426
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 307
- Free Tax Legislation? 275
- Director Loan account operation 260
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 253
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 248
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 232
- Paye procedures for CVA 170