Motorcycle Clothing - an allowable expense?
I have a client who is a subcontractor under CIS etc. He has a motorbike which he uses solely for work and would prefer to claim running costs and not mileage. No problem with this and as there is no private use it makes it nice and straightforward.
What about his protective clothing for the bike though? Can we claim this as an expense? There is no private use as it is all in connection with riding a bike safely.
My inclination is to allow it as it would be foolhardy to ride a bike without adequate protection and as there is no private use of the bike it follows that there is no private use of the clothing.
What do ppl think?
- which accounts package for busy hairdressers? 102 1
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 628 9
- Anyone else experiencing issues with sage 50 payroll 83 3
- Company Share Buy Back 100 2
- Charitable Payment 204 4
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 919 15
- Unpaid share capital 244 3
- Company car in the LLP 168 2
- Physiotherapy 336 4
- Time to react ? ? ? 227 1
- New build property to be rented 156 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,873 52
- Hello 355 2
- Sage 200 question 104 1
- Spanish Assets taxation - UK Residence 98 2
- Ltd Co and Fully Paid Shares 162 5
- RTI and Advances to Employees 165 3
- Sorry - another PPR question 212 4
- Private company division 312 5
- Outstanding Loans 219 3