Motorcycle Clothing - an allowable expense?
I have a client who is a subcontractor under CIS etc. He has a motorbike which he uses solely for work and would prefer to claim running costs and not mileage. No problem with this and as there is no private use it makes it nice and straightforward.
What about his protective clothing for the bike though? Can we claim this as an expense? There is no private use as it is all in connection with riding a bike safely.
My inclination is to allow it as it would be foolhardy to ride a bike without adequate protection and as there is no private use of the bike it follows that there is no private use of the clothing.
What do ppl think?
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,529 71
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 5,279 19
- HMRC Scam 233 2
- Departments in Sage 50 79 1
- Where has Portia gone? 671 25
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 206 2
- Rogue Accountant 2,815 45
- HMRC, YouTube, ITTOIA... 318 4
- Capital Gains? 255 2
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 99 1
- Partial Exemption relating to a multi academy trust 70 1
- Is it possible to have an excel link to a different dated excel file 446 9
- Taxation of serviced offices 124 2
- AIA - new period 218 1
- Self assessment question 1,156 48
- Major Works Invoice to Rental Property 372 9
- What is the base cost of this asset for CGT? 264 3
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 854 20
- Dividend Tax Rate 441 8
- Ex Wives Club 544 13
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 772
- RTI - duplicate employee record 505
- Pensions Regulator 438
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 394
- Sanzar 296
- Sage Vat return box 2 296
- Digital marketing focus group 275
- How do you do it 263
- Report old income 226
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 226