MS Office / Hosted solutions / Office 365
We are looking to simplify/renew our entire IT and communications structure.
We currently have a file server, and a terminal server, but only 2 users due to downsizing, so our current system is more than overkill. MS Exchange is currently hosted.
Two users, but 3 PC's, as we have one in our meeting room. If I understand correctly, we would need to buy 3 version of MS Office, one for each PC. If we obtained hosting we would need only 2 licences, as the meeting room PC could be logged on as an additional PC by one of the two users.
While full hosting has it's attractions, I am wondering if it will bring disadvantages, eg. we currently use Outlook and Excel add-ons eg. for filing emails outside Outlook, and VT Accounts. I believe these add-ons would have to be hosted, too.
Would hosting restrict our ability to use MS Office add-ons, trial new software, create/amend our own Access databases, etc? I have contacted the company that hosts MS Exchange for us, but I am not really sure what questions to ask them. I have looked at Office 365, but I don't really understand that either.
Any tips or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
- Spam blocking 358 24
- Ex-gratia payments 262 6
- Can we learn from the financial services industry? 169 6
- Splitting PAYE tax code between two jobs both with variable hours 86 4
- Director needs to withdraw 45k lump sum from company 308 6
- A little silliness 195 2
- How long to process paper 64-8 (SA)? 83 1
- Just for fun. 791 26
- HMRC & daft penalty 603 6
- TOMS - the other side of the fence 126 2
- &^$%ing Mollom? 202 2
- Employment status 258 4
- Has auto-enrolment tipped the scales? 116 1
- P11D help 100 2
- VAT on purchase of plant from Germany 141 4
- Contract Hire Van, reclaiming input VAT 131 1
- P11DX: change of requirement by HMRC 1,710 12
- HMRC Email 382 6
- Landlord possible penalties for late registration for self assessment 259 10
- KPMG email campaign and impact on market 1,394 21
- Theatre Tax Relief 485
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 381
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 374
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 348
- Perkbox 313
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 308
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 273
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 271
- Document Management Systems 253
- WIP Software 236