MS Office / Hosted solutions / Office 365
We are looking to simplify/renew our entire IT and communications structure.
We currently have a file server, and a terminal server, but only 2 users due to downsizing, so our current system is more than overkill. MS Exchange is currently hosted.
Two users, but 3 PC's, as we have one in our meeting room. If I understand correctly, we would need to buy 3 version of MS Office, one for each PC. If we obtained hosting we would need only 2 licences, as the meeting room PC could be logged on as an additional PC by one of the two users.
While full hosting has it's attractions, I am wondering if it will bring disadvantages, eg. we currently use Outlook and Excel add-ons eg. for filing emails outside Outlook, and VT Accounts. I believe these add-ons would have to be hosted, too.
Would hosting restrict our ability to use MS Office add-ons, trial new software, create/amend our own Access databases, etc? I have contacted the company that hosts MS Exchange for us, but I am not really sure what questions to ask them. I have looked at Office 365, but I don't really understand that either.
Any tips or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 444 5
- See you all on the other side 609 6
- 12Pay 322 2
- dividends 435 2
- R&D 241 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,114 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 397 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 305 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 271 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 497 5
- Seeking a tax case 548 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 416 4
- Companies house strike off 389 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 310 2
- Moving to the cloud 694 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 195 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 839 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 186 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,061 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 441 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 541
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 409
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 360
- IRIS and FRS 102 341
- Capitalising Finance Lease 305
- USA help 304
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 276
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 265
- Capital gains on rental property 246
- Sage Coretime 226