MS Office / Hosted solutions / Office 365
We are looking to simplify/renew our entire IT and communications structure.
We currently have a file server, and a terminal server, but only 2 users due to downsizing, so our current system is more than overkill. MS Exchange is currently hosted.
Two users, but 3 PC's, as we have one in our meeting room. If I understand correctly, we would need to buy 3 version of MS Office, one for each PC. If we obtained hosting we would need only 2 licences, as the meeting room PC could be logged on as an additional PC by one of the two users.
While full hosting has it's attractions, I am wondering if it will bring disadvantages, eg. we currently use Outlook and Excel add-ons eg. for filing emails outside Outlook, and VT Accounts. I believe these add-ons would have to be hosted, too.
Would hosting restrict our ability to use MS Office add-ons, trial new software, create/amend our own Access databases, etc? I have contacted the company that hosts MS Exchange for us, but I am not really sure what questions to ask them. I have looked at Office 365, but I don't really understand that either.
Any tips or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
- Director started half way through the year no previous income. Pro rate NI 63 6
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,342 38
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 53 1
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 325 7
- Fees to charge for Auto enrolment Pension for small Employers 251 3
- What's happened to Smith's Taxation 254 1
- OneNote is fantastic 229 7
- Expedia say that they can't give me a VAT invoice 664 13
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,111 21
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 82 1
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 339 5
- PPR on a development? 231 4
- PAYE – Directors NI 359 7
- Do I walk away from these accounts? 905 19
- Private Residence Relief 1,796 15
- Cloud accounting package 201 1
- Incorporation after the start of trading 1,027 39
- Setting up offshore to avoid paying VAT 519 15
- Offshore company (Guernsey / Isle of Man) 206 3
- Next Move 422 12
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 637
- VAT on Export Outside EU and Conditional Sale 397
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 395
- Property letting & CAs 382
- 2015 tax year end 375
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 374
- FCA regulated company in a small group 336
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 229
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 226
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 207