MS Office / Hosted solutions / Office 365
We are looking to simplify/renew our entire IT and communications structure.
We currently have a file server, and a terminal server, but only 2 users due to downsizing, so our current system is more than overkill. MS Exchange is currently hosted.
Two users, but 3 PC's, as we have one in our meeting room. If I understand correctly, we would need to buy 3 version of MS Office, one for each PC. If we obtained hosting we would need only 2 licences, as the meeting room PC could be logged on as an additional PC by one of the two users.
While full hosting has it's attractions, I am wondering if it will bring disadvantages, eg. we currently use Outlook and Excel add-ons eg. for filing emails outside Outlook, and VT Accounts. I believe these add-ons would have to be hosted, too.
Would hosting restrict our ability to use MS Office add-ons, trial new software, create/amend our own Access databases, etc? I have contacted the company that hosts MS Exchange for us, but I am not really sure what questions to ask them. I have looked at Office 365, but I don't really understand that either.
Any tips or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 947 29
- You know its over 332 4
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 486 9
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 216 13
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 169 2
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 156 2
- What is the amount of dividends received as a shareholder that requires registration for self assessment? 240 3
- Cocaine anyone? 506 8
- Late Registration for VAT 484 13
- EIS/SEIS 139 1
- Amortisation of Goodwill 274 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 413 5
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 420 12
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 715 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 551 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 587 4
- Personal pension 400 9
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 221 1
- How much of your work is admin? 1,217 11
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 170 3
- Hive up 490
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 457
- corporate hierarchy 436
- Advice - 271
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 224
- WWOOFers 217
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 206
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 199
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 180
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 174