MS Office / Hosted solutions / Office 365
We are looking to simplify/renew our entire IT and communications structure.
We currently have a file server, and a terminal server, but only 2 users due to downsizing, so our current system is more than overkill. MS Exchange is currently hosted.
Two users, but 3 PC's, as we have one in our meeting room. If I understand correctly, we would need to buy 3 version of MS Office, one for each PC. If we obtained hosting we would need only 2 licences, as the meeting room PC could be logged on as an additional PC by one of the two users.
While full hosting has it's attractions, I am wondering if it will bring disadvantages, eg. we currently use Outlook and Excel add-ons eg. for filing emails outside Outlook, and VT Accounts. I believe these add-ons would have to be hosted, too.
Would hosting restrict our ability to use MS Office add-ons, trial new software, create/amend our own Access databases, etc? I have contacted the company that hosts MS Exchange for us, but I am not really sure what questions to ask them. I have looked at Office 365, but I don't really understand that either.
Any tips or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
- Would this save hours of your time? 369 9
- Wrong career 424 18
- Laptop purchase 1,352 20
- PTP software disaster 224 2
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 157 4
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 204 2
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 91 2
- Director's tax return 195 3
- Tricky VAT question 138 1
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 102 2
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 230 6
- VT accounts licence key 237 5
- Weely paid employees 211 2
- Splitting the tax year 84 1
- FPS Submission 136 2
- Value pricing 640 20
- non resident receiving UK dividends 205 3
- P11d & Medical Ins 131 1
- vat return 221 1
- Underpaid National Insurance 175 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 789
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 546
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 409
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 291
- Free Tax Legislation? 253
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 235
- Director Loan account operation 234
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 233
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 228
- Paye procedures for CVA 159