MS Office / Hosted solutions / Office 365
We are looking to simplify/renew our entire IT and communications structure.
We currently have a file server, and a terminal server, but only 2 users due to downsizing, so our current system is more than overkill. MS Exchange is currently hosted.
Two users, but 3 PC's, as we have one in our meeting room. If I understand correctly, we would need to buy 3 version of MS Office, one for each PC. If we obtained hosting we would need only 2 licences, as the meeting room PC could be logged on as an additional PC by one of the two users.
While full hosting has it's attractions, I am wondering if it will bring disadvantages, eg. we currently use Outlook and Excel add-ons eg. for filing emails outside Outlook, and VT Accounts. I believe these add-ons would have to be hosted, too.
Would hosting restrict our ability to use MS Office add-ons, trial new software, create/amend our own Access databases, etc? I have contacted the company that hosts MS Exchange for us, but I am not really sure what questions to ask them. I have looked at Office 365, but I don't really understand that either.
Any tips or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
- Sole Trader using Tax Losses 216 10
- Company name change question... 157 3
- Companies House late filing penalties 2,152 73
- anyone using Office365 for practice management 856 23
- Tax return filed on time but payment late 147 2
- Writing down allowance / AIA 159 6
- What is Tronk System of payroll ? 59 1
- Non-SA client with large capital gain 432 14
- Help needed- Unable to fill CT600 form using HMRC software- service issue 261 4
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,312 23
- how to reduce student loan payments - taxfiler 169 5
- Consolidation IFRS 70 1
- White van man 441 20
- Worried over stock value 227 4
- foreign income 131 2
- Window Comb Binder Cover 309 5
- STUDENT LOAN 114 1
- Bookkeeping question 606 6
- wave software 234 2
- Directors Pension Contribution 364 8
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 834
- Copy Wanted 556
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 512
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 491
- Latest phishing scam 352
- Entrepreneurs' relief 326
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 297
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 286
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 283
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 187