MS Office / Hosted solutions / Office 365
We are looking to simplify/renew our entire IT and communications structure.
We currently have a file server, and a terminal server, but only 2 users due to downsizing, so our current system is more than overkill. MS Exchange is currently hosted.
Two users, but 3 PC's, as we have one in our meeting room. If I understand correctly, we would need to buy 3 version of MS Office, one for each PC. If we obtained hosting we would need only 2 licences, as the meeting room PC could be logged on as an additional PC by one of the two users.
While full hosting has it's attractions, I am wondering if it will bring disadvantages, eg. we currently use Outlook and Excel add-ons eg. for filing emails outside Outlook, and VT Accounts. I believe these add-ons would have to be hosted, too.
Would hosting restrict our ability to use MS Office add-ons, trial new software, create/amend our own Access databases, etc? I have contacted the company that hosts MS Exchange for us, but I am not really sure what questions to ask them. I have looked at Office 365, but I don't really understand that either.
Any tips or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 291 11
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 280 6
- Dress code 905 22
- How much did you pay for your website 1,571 27
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax Consultancy 2014 560 4
- Interest relief before property is rented out 144 2
- Dividend 351 6
- FRS and Debtors 174 2
- What's in a name ? 558 6
- Helping out a friend 457 8
- Problem with CT600 return boxes AC229 & AC230 (Accelerated capital allowances) 237 7
- Use of Home for Sole Trader 413 5
- ACCA practice certificates 351 4
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 1,291 36
- Umbrella Companies 264 3
- Tax on grant a lease - no proceeds 179 2
- What would you do in this situation? 841 15
- Accounts submitted to a the charities comission 333 5
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 601 16
- Project being run jointly 269 3
- CTA study material 739
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 458
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 302
- Employment related securities question 294
- AIM Stocks and IHT 266
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 240
- Expat pension contributions? 228
- Trust for Employee 224
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 216
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 139