MS Office / Hosted solutions / Office 365
We are looking to simplify/renew our entire IT and communications structure.
We currently have a file server, and a terminal server, but only 2 users due to downsizing, so our current system is more than overkill. MS Exchange is currently hosted.
Two users, but 3 PC's, as we have one in our meeting room. If I understand correctly, we would need to buy 3 version of MS Office, one for each PC. If we obtained hosting we would need only 2 licences, as the meeting room PC could be logged on as an additional PC by one of the two users.
While full hosting has it's attractions, I am wondering if it will bring disadvantages, eg. we currently use Outlook and Excel add-ons eg. for filing emails outside Outlook, and VT Accounts. I believe these add-ons would have to be hosted, too.
Would hosting restrict our ability to use MS Office add-ons, trial new software, create/amend our own Access databases, etc? I have contacted the company that hosts MS Exchange for us, but I am not really sure what questions to ask them. I have looked at Office 365, but I don't really understand that either.
Any tips or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 4,076 15
- CGT on spouse's death 242 11
- Tax relief for networking day out? 449 12
- VAT on non-denominated postage 45 2
- Starting Again 243 11
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 608 19
- CT101 Completion 124 1
- P&L Treatment of property assets 41 1
- Non resident pension withdrawal 143 2
- Mortgage Adviser's request 259 6
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 713 35
- P11D Software 771 9
- PAYE Dashboard inconsistency 197 4
- Why can't I paste into AccountingWeb? 265 5
- Can shareholders lend to their company at interest? 390 10
- Payroll software 186 4
- Company UTR numbers 302 6
- Summer house for business only 138 1
- Transfer of property to Limited Company 118 1
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 161 3
- Construction CIS LLP Company 596
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 581
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 381
- Pensions Regulator 346
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 284
- Using the correct forms 262
- SA penalty proposals 250
- RTI - duplicate employee record 240
- Accelerated payment notices 229
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 216