MS Office / Hosted solutions / Office 365
We are looking to simplify/renew our entire IT and communications structure.
We currently have a file server, and a terminal server, but only 2 users due to downsizing, so our current system is more than overkill. MS Exchange is currently hosted.
Two users, but 3 PC's, as we have one in our meeting room. If I understand correctly, we would need to buy 3 version of MS Office, one for each PC. If we obtained hosting we would need only 2 licences, as the meeting room PC could be logged on as an additional PC by one of the two users.
While full hosting has it's attractions, I am wondering if it will bring disadvantages, eg. we currently use Outlook and Excel add-ons eg. for filing emails outside Outlook, and VT Accounts. I believe these add-ons would have to be hosted, too.
Would hosting restrict our ability to use MS Office add-ons, trial new software, create/amend our own Access databases, etc? I have contacted the company that hosts MS Exchange for us, but I am not really sure what questions to ask them. I have looked at Office 365, but I don't really understand that either.
Any tips or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
- Joint arrangement but not an entity (JANE) ?? 79 2
- Travel expenses for director - flight 86 2
- Sole Director Limited Company and Childcare..hat is most tax efficient way to do it? 377 5
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 399 10
- Repayment of Share Capital 65 1
- Self employed care worker 520 12
- Builing a gin palace but wants to rent out for a year first 203 1
- Over VAT threshold but now ceased trading 201 1
- Auto enrolment 438 8
- Audacity 942 17
- Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings 389 7
- Late registration for MOSS 246 5
- Revaluation of Brands etc 271 5
- Client right to working papers 376 3
- Seeking advice: Paying Funeral Costs 549 6
- Professional Clearance 1,066 24
- Self Assessment statement credit balances unallocated and getting repayment 285 5
- Illegal share transfer 461 5
- Uk vat on supply of training services to South African Airline? 179 2
- Company Strike off 1,852 30
- NHS finance professionals 535
- VAL231 408
- Mother and son property ownership 381
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 360
- Foreign Pension Contribution 332
- Fines for late submission of the RDR 307
- vat gross profit percentage margins 286
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 285
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 259
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 226