MS Office / Hosted solutions / Office 365
We are looking to simplify/renew our entire IT and communications structure.
We currently have a file server, and a terminal server, but only 2 users due to downsizing, so our current system is more than overkill. MS Exchange is currently hosted.
Two users, but 3 PC's, as we have one in our meeting room. If I understand correctly, we would need to buy 3 version of MS Office, one for each PC. If we obtained hosting we would need only 2 licences, as the meeting room PC could be logged on as an additional PC by one of the two users.
While full hosting has it's attractions, I am wondering if it will bring disadvantages, eg. we currently use Outlook and Excel add-ons eg. for filing emails outside Outlook, and VT Accounts. I believe these add-ons would have to be hosted, too.
Would hosting restrict our ability to use MS Office add-ons, trial new software, create/amend our own Access databases, etc? I have contacted the company that hosts MS Exchange for us, but I am not really sure what questions to ask them. I have looked at Office 365, but I don't really understand that either.
Any tips or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
- New HMRC phone answering method ... 762 11
- Care to help a student out? 124 4
- Flat Rate Scheme 120 8
- Dazed & confused 1,186 8
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 1,910 29
- Is there a time limit on VAT claims on DIY barn conversions? 113 2
- Is there a legal obligation for the Inspector to hand over minutes of a meeting 264 5
- Contra entry in Sage Line 50 accounts professional 80 3
- Excel - protecting a cell 94 4
- Foreign Tax 98 2
- Writing off bad debts 94 2
- Starting an accountancy practice for bachelors? 488 6
- Giving a seminar 401 21
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,926 61
- Website - Should I upgrade? 240 7
- Debiting private use proportion to directors loan account 364 15
- Property scam victim 474 12
- General legal fees 137 3
- Entries on SATR for Non Dom with unremitted income < £2k 129 6
- Allowable charity donation? 119 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,165
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 593
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 400
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 301
- Interest on Loan to a Company 201
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 182
- Agent fees to sell business 181
- Alphabet shares 177
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 168
- Residency 91 day rule 161