MS Office / Hosted solutions / Office 365
We are looking to simplify/renew our entire IT and communications structure.
We currently have a file server, and a terminal server, but only 2 users due to downsizing, so our current system is more than overkill. MS Exchange is currently hosted.
Two users, but 3 PC's, as we have one in our meeting room. If I understand correctly, we would need to buy 3 version of MS Office, one for each PC. If we obtained hosting we would need only 2 licences, as the meeting room PC could be logged on as an additional PC by one of the two users.
While full hosting has it's attractions, I am wondering if it will bring disadvantages, eg. we currently use Outlook and Excel add-ons eg. for filing emails outside Outlook, and VT Accounts. I believe these add-ons would have to be hosted, too.
Would hosting restrict our ability to use MS Office add-ons, trial new software, create/amend our own Access databases, etc? I have contacted the company that hosts MS Exchange for us, but I am not really sure what questions to ask them. I have looked at Office 365, but I don't really understand that either.
Any tips or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
- VAT on services to EC customer 138 3
- Delayed option to tax 151 3
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 111 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 796 23
- Share disclosure re- Power of Attorney 82 2
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 290 3
- Cloud backups – know what you are getting … 391 7
- Redundancy Pay 274 4
- question about merging two companies... 184 1
- Latest repayment email =interesting paragraph 413 3
- CG on Spanish property disposal 216 7
- Entertaining - am I missing something or is my client taking the mickey 392 5
- VAT charged on non-VAT Invoice 281 6
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 464 11
- Do I need to see receipts ? 569 8
- Stand alone practice management software 1,223 20
- Submit P11D for 2014 2015 with no Paye Scheme in place 209 3
- Summarise excel cashbook by month 258 5
- SA1 forms 308 11
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,133 25
- Sainsbury's mangement 812
- Avanti Accounts 672
- Have I done the right thing? 633
- Continuity Agreement 625
- Calling franchise accountants 625
- Consolidated accounting software (or cloud based) 481
- Sage One Reports - do they add up? 356
- Scammers 314
- Advice please! 223
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 202