MS Office / Hosted solutions / Office 365
We are looking to simplify/renew our entire IT and communications structure.
We currently have a file server, and a terminal server, but only 2 users due to downsizing, so our current system is more than overkill. MS Exchange is currently hosted.
Two users, but 3 PC's, as we have one in our meeting room. If I understand correctly, we would need to buy 3 version of MS Office, one for each PC. If we obtained hosting we would need only 2 licences, as the meeting room PC could be logged on as an additional PC by one of the two users.
While full hosting has it's attractions, I am wondering if it will bring disadvantages, eg. we currently use Outlook and Excel add-ons eg. for filing emails outside Outlook, and VT Accounts. I believe these add-ons would have to be hosted, too.
Would hosting restrict our ability to use MS Office add-ons, trial new software, create/amend our own Access databases, etc? I have contacted the company that hosts MS Exchange for us, but I am not really sure what questions to ask them. I have looked at Office 365, but I don't really understand that either.
Any tips or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
- Accountancy Career 337 5
- Accounts Software 174 6
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 2,364 22
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,702 39
- Holiday Pay whilst on Mat Leave 103 1
- HMRC Agents Line 220 4
- calculation DTR restriction 95 1
- Company Director In Prison 466 11
- SMP reclaimable by employer 90 1
- AWeb - download file 186 3
- Charity work 251 11
- Help with HMRC investigation 271 6
- Director Drawings 195 5
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 278 13
- Managing Employee Expenses 241 7
- Collection or business assets 118 1
- Incorporated when they should not have 277 8
- Tax position re this lease? 372 9
- Do I need a smartphone? 734 23
- Is compensation for surrender of a lease subject to VAT 110 2
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 685
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 523
- Cancelled 428
- Cancelled 366
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 362
- Probiz 338
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 329
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 244
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 218
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 204