MS Office / Hosted solutions / Office 365
We are looking to simplify/renew our entire IT and communications structure.
We currently have a file server, and a terminal server, but only 2 users due to downsizing, so our current system is more than overkill. MS Exchange is currently hosted.
Two users, but 3 PC's, as we have one in our meeting room. If I understand correctly, we would need to buy 3 version of MS Office, one for each PC. If we obtained hosting we would need only 2 licences, as the meeting room PC could be logged on as an additional PC by one of the two users.
While full hosting has it's attractions, I am wondering if it will bring disadvantages, eg. we currently use Outlook and Excel add-ons eg. for filing emails outside Outlook, and VT Accounts. I believe these add-ons would have to be hosted, too.
Would hosting restrict our ability to use MS Office add-ons, trial new software, create/amend our own Access databases, etc? I have contacted the company that hosts MS Exchange for us, but I am not really sure what questions to ask them. I have looked at Office 365, but I don't really understand that either.
Any tips or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
- Which address 941 11
- private to company car? 327 8
- Profit accruing in fiduciary or representative capacity 66 1
- Do I charge VAT for event I held in Paris 241 5
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 934 15
- VAT Cross Border Invoicing 74 1
- Car maintenance costs deductible against CT 230 6
- Best time software for small practice? 162 1
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 445 17
- Vat threshold issues 434 10
- Sale of an investment between group companies 156 7
- Your fondest calculator memories 1,106 41
- What is the reasoning behind HMRC letter re high income child benefit charge? 454 9
- Gift to employee 292 5
- Residents Association Corp Tax 295 12
- Investment property where tenant lives rent free 379 7
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 1,044 21
- Letter from HMRC telling me client passed away 1,973 27
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 315 1
- Unquoted company valuation multiples 116 1
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 467
- CTA study material 448
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 320
- Pre incorp expenses 299
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 257
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 247
- Slight twist on employment related securities 223
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 199
- Gift Aid after 5 April, before 31 Jan - Tax Credits 142
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR1) 130