MS Office / Hosted solutions / Office 365
We are looking to simplify/renew our entire IT and communications structure.
We currently have a file server, and a terminal server, but only 2 users due to downsizing, so our current system is more than overkill. MS Exchange is currently hosted.
Two users, but 3 PC's, as we have one in our meeting room. If I understand correctly, we would need to buy 3 version of MS Office, one for each PC. If we obtained hosting we would need only 2 licences, as the meeting room PC could be logged on as an additional PC by one of the two users.
While full hosting has it's attractions, I am wondering if it will bring disadvantages, eg. we currently use Outlook and Excel add-ons eg. for filing emails outside Outlook, and VT Accounts. I believe these add-ons would have to be hosted, too.
Would hosting restrict our ability to use MS Office add-ons, trial new software, create/amend our own Access databases, etc? I have contacted the company that hosts MS Exchange for us, but I am not really sure what questions to ask them. I have looked at Office 365, but I don't really understand that either.
Any tips or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
- 100% Xero practice 2,161 38
- Mortgage deposit Gift 478 23
- Were you asked to pay to sign off your ACCA PCTR by your Principle? 150 2
- Company Accounts 231 5
- Any Scottish members out there? 9,272 345
- Shadow director or alternative? 485 5
- Umbrella Company 177 3
- UTR reallocated by HMRC 176 1
- Vat treatment of charity business income 139 6
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 931 18
- Getting VAT right for a sole trader pilot 203 6
- Donations (to a school!) 454 11
- Vat on Royalites 93 1
- Outsourcing iXBRL Tagging 458 24
- Payroll YTD info on Operaii 91 1
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 183 5
- Profitable company wanting to buy an office 203 3
- property rental income split 268 3
- Does my client qualify for CGT Loss? 178 1
- EIS/SEIS capital gains exemption 119 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,191
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 411
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 316
- National Insurance 311
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 261
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 239
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 237
- Non Resident 226
- Franchise income and costs 205
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 181