MS Office / Hosted solutions / Office 365
We are looking to simplify/renew our entire IT and communications structure.
We currently have a file server, and a terminal server, but only 2 users due to downsizing, so our current system is more than overkill. MS Exchange is currently hosted.
Two users, but 3 PC's, as we have one in our meeting room. If I understand correctly, we would need to buy 3 version of MS Office, one for each PC. If we obtained hosting we would need only 2 licences, as the meeting room PC could be logged on as an additional PC by one of the two users.
While full hosting has it's attractions, I am wondering if it will bring disadvantages, eg. we currently use Outlook and Excel add-ons eg. for filing emails outside Outlook, and VT Accounts. I believe these add-ons would have to be hosted, too.
Would hosting restrict our ability to use MS Office add-ons, trial new software, create/amend our own Access databases, etc? I have contacted the company that hosts MS Exchange for us, but I am not really sure what questions to ask them. I have looked at Office 365, but I don't really understand that either.
Any tips or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 132 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 163 3
- Xerocon 2016 1,207 35
- Mortgage Reference 517 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 218 7
- Insovent companies 878 19
- New Build 180 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,293 48
- BrightPay quirks 192 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 800 20
- Website Content 143 1
- Personal Tax 623 12
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 172 1
- USA Tax Query 296 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 434 5
- last minute request 648 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 346 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 383 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,736 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 987 6