MS Office / Hosted solutions / Office 365
We are looking to simplify/renew our entire IT and communications structure.
We currently have a file server, and a terminal server, but only 2 users due to downsizing, so our current system is more than overkill. MS Exchange is currently hosted.
Two users, but 3 PC's, as we have one in our meeting room. If I understand correctly, we would need to buy 3 version of MS Office, one for each PC. If we obtained hosting we would need only 2 licences, as the meeting room PC could be logged on as an additional PC by one of the two users.
While full hosting has it's attractions, I am wondering if it will bring disadvantages, eg. we currently use Outlook and Excel add-ons eg. for filing emails outside Outlook, and VT Accounts. I believe these add-ons would have to be hosted, too.
Would hosting restrict our ability to use MS Office add-ons, trial new software, create/amend our own Access databases, etc? I have contacted the company that hosts MS Exchange for us, but I am not really sure what questions to ask them. I have looked at Office 365, but I don't really understand that either.
Any tips or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
- Overdrawn DLA 87 6
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 2,997 30
- Companies House incorporation service 440 14
- CIS monthly declaration 97 7
- Auto-enrolment - Fees 47 1
- Self assesment losses 144 4
- Electronic v printed payslips 90 1
- Where to advertise for staff 173 5
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 862 36
- Personal investment trading company 59 1
- CIS schemes 253 1
- Form 2.8b notice of intention to appoint administrator 90 1
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 112 2
- Excel formula 514 11
- Ltd company or sole trader 525 13
- Self assessment tax arrears 446 4
- overdrawn directors loan 159 4
- P35 and Service Company questions 295 7
- Should the Report of the Director be included in the interim financial statements of a small company 152 2
- Fee protection 715 12
- Xtuple 558
- Qtac payroll for bureau 379
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 329
- Industrial & Provident Societies 319
- Domain name sale and limited company 214
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 198
- Investment 198
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 197
- Tax on damages received 160
- Is an apprenticship classed as another job for PAYE RTI rules 139