MS Office / Hosted solutions / Office 365
We are looking to simplify/renew our entire IT and communications structure.
We currently have a file server, and a terminal server, but only 2 users due to downsizing, so our current system is more than overkill. MS Exchange is currently hosted.
Two users, but 3 PC's, as we have one in our meeting room. If I understand correctly, we would need to buy 3 version of MS Office, one for each PC. If we obtained hosting we would need only 2 licences, as the meeting room PC could be logged on as an additional PC by one of the two users.
While full hosting has it's attractions, I am wondering if it will bring disadvantages, eg. we currently use Outlook and Excel add-ons eg. for filing emails outside Outlook, and VT Accounts. I believe these add-ons would have to be hosted, too.
Would hosting restrict our ability to use MS Office add-ons, trial new software, create/amend our own Access databases, etc? I have contacted the company that hosts MS Exchange for us, but I am not really sure what questions to ask them. I have looked at Office 365, but I don't really understand that either.
Any tips or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 2,640 25
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 493 10
- Errors in prior year accounts 847 23
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,348 18
- What is going on with VAT applications?? 1,984 39
- VAT & capitalising 132 3
- Final year's accounts 159 1
- Do I Need A Balance Sheet? 310 5
- Self Assessment Tax Return Penalties 303 5
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 312 7
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 254 15
- Have we a distribution when we reduced our capital but it hadn't been registered? & tax implications in winding up 144 2
- What are options for non CA firm 1,980 36
- Invoice Help 255 7
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 189 3
- Employee overpaid who has left 260 4
- Limited Company keeping receipts 246 3
- Sorry ignore me 912 24
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 598 5
- Free Shares ? 251 2
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 625
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 534
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 298
- Cancelled 285
- Cancelled 245
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 195
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 192
- Probiz 180
- Married woman dies owning marital home 170
- What's the market like for temps? 167