MS Office / Hosted solutions / Office 365
We are looking to simplify/renew our entire IT and communications structure.
We currently have a file server, and a terminal server, but only 2 users due to downsizing, so our current system is more than overkill. MS Exchange is currently hosted.
Two users, but 3 PC's, as we have one in our meeting room. If I understand correctly, we would need to buy 3 version of MS Office, one for each PC. If we obtained hosting we would need only 2 licences, as the meeting room PC could be logged on as an additional PC by one of the two users.
While full hosting has it's attractions, I am wondering if it will bring disadvantages, eg. we currently use Outlook and Excel add-ons eg. for filing emails outside Outlook, and VT Accounts. I believe these add-ons would have to be hosted, too.
Would hosting restrict our ability to use MS Office add-ons, trial new software, create/amend our own Access databases, etc? I have contacted the company that hosts MS Exchange for us, but I am not really sure what questions to ask them. I have looked at Office 365, but I don't really understand that either.
Any tips or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
- Payment plans for clients 283 4
- How a company director can keep paying £833 72 4
- Community awards 2014 - first category 189 7
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 474 14
- Employee steeling client data 116 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,356 23
- Small bus. accounting software with departments 189 5
- Subsistence Exclusions 131 3
- Insurance Claims - Legal Services 92 1
- CT600 274 9
- VAT Office Grimsby 212 4
- signature required 913 34
- i want to get the reserves below 25K 191 1
- Can you help me spot errors? 337 4
- format cell to exclude decimals 330 17
- WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON AT HMRC? 154 2
- Form VAT 600 FRS 89 1
- Dividend Waiver and Settlement Legislation 153 2
- Supply of service to EU community body exempt from VAT 96 1
- Lease 148 4
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,307
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 853
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 548
- Credit where credit's due....... 339
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 261
- TheTax Donut 232
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 188
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 180
- Director's business mileage 151
- Sole trader CPD 145