Multi level Marketing People
I bumped into a rather odd person at a networking meeting this morning who told me she could help other people earn part-time income. It all seemed rather vague so I immediately assumed something dodgy, particularly as the spiel she gave me was so slick and well prepared. I said "Do you mean multi-level marketing?" She didn't say yes and she didn't say no. I kept probing "What is being sold?" she told me it was a range of products used by "all of us". The idea would be that she would recruit people to do the selling for her and they would recruit people underneath them and so on. I commented that multi-level marketing had had a rather bad press from what I remembered. "Ah, but it's different now" she smartly replied.
Feeling exhausted I said that I still found it difficult to know exactly what her business was all about. If she was going to give a short presentation of her business to our group she would need to be clearer to ensure people understood. At that point she got quite annoyed with me and said she was very happy with her presentation thankyou very much.
Her actual presentation was a statement about anyone becoming wealthy with her help and to ask her later for more detail. (Best of luck, there, I thought!)
When someone else gave a presentation on goal setting and working out how much you wanted to earn in 5 years time and working towards that Ms MLM nodded significantly. I presume she is going to be charging other poor souls up front for lots of product that most of them won't be able to sell and that's how she's going to become a millionnaire.
Am I being unfair? Is this how the MLM system works?
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 121 3
- flat rate scheme 1,923 38
- Time to react ? ? ? 268 2
- which accounts package for busy hairdressers? 127 1
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 635 9
- Anyone else experiencing issues with sage 50 payroll 139 3
- Company Share Buy Back 135 2
- Charitable Payment 207 4
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 939 15
- Unpaid share capital 258 3
- Company car in the LLP 191 2
- Physiotherapy 344 4
- New build property to be rented 187 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,886 52
- Hello 362 2
- Sage 200 question 125 1
- Spanish Assets taxation - UK Residence 119 2
- Ltd Co and Fully Paid Shares 195 5
- RTI and Advances to Employees 197 3
- Sorry - another PPR question 229 4