My accountant has been lying
To cut a long story short my accountant has been representing the firm he worked for to us doing our companies books but in reality was doing them on the side and pocketing payment himself. His firm found out and suspended/sacked him and he fled abroad. Since then several irregularites have come to light and I know he has cost his firm a fair amont in charges.
We have received fines from HRMC for non filing of returns now totalling over 3K which they are demanding payment. We had already paid him to file them but he didnt.
Is his company liable for allowing him to represent them? Its also come to light he had a CCJ which he had lied to his employer about, and I think this was the basis for his sacking/suspension.
Should he have been allowed to practise?
- Xerocon 2016 820 13
- Personal Tax 202 3
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,865 41
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 240 2
- Mortgage Reference 173 2
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 157 3
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,178 45
- Practical experience 851 15
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 434 9
- VAT 307 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 221 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 189 1
- last minute request 296 3
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 81 1
- Cash gift from India 503 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 86 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 465 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 131 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 282 6
- Maternity and claining expenses 670 6