My accountant has been lying
To cut a long story short my accountant has been representing the firm he worked for to us doing our companies books but in reality was doing them on the side and pocketing payment himself. His firm found out and suspended/sacked him and he fled abroad. Since then several irregularites have come to light and I know he has cost his firm a fair amont in charges.
We have received fines from HRMC for non filing of returns now totalling over 3K which they are demanding payment. We had already paid him to file them but he didnt.
Is his company liable for allowing him to represent them? Its also come to light he had a CCJ which he had lied to his employer about, and I think this was the basis for his sacking/suspension.
Should he have been allowed to practise?
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,641 49
- Allocation of income from property 365 11
- Inputting previous months data into PAYE tools 99 1
- bookkeeping system 295 5
- Outstanding Loans 68 1
- Unqualified accountants filing SATR, VAT returns etc for clients 868 21
- HELP...historic SSP query! 162 5
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 678 8
- Business trips - director and family 96 1
- Company van paid by director 179 2
- Private company division 191 2
- TAX CERTIFICATES- DO THEY NEED TAXPAYER'S NAME? 224 2
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 374 9
- US share sale - income or capital 96 2
- What do young accountants know that you don't? 2,402 12
- flat rate scheme 1,038 30
- Capital allowances on residential property? 151 1
- Sage Cheque Printing - Still in the dark ages! 242 2
- Before I call employers helpline 339 2
- Accountants reference for me?? 330 1