Client Chip shop
Commenced Oct 2009
First accounts March 2010
First records brought in very late January 2011 and SAR completed just in time.
In February wrote to client advising that it would appear that they were very close to vat limit and advised them to monitor and register if necessary.
Records for March 2011 brought in 27th January 2012. I couldnt get return in so accounts completed last week in advance of increased filing penalties.
Turnover £72k so should have registered.
Sent accounts for approval with advce that the client should assess when he should have registered then make full disclosure to HM R&C and register. Also advised that if they were only trading at marginally above the limit they may consider reducing opening hours to get back below and deregister.
Client brought accounts back early this week despondent and kicking himself because he was looking at the limit from April 2011 £73k so he'd "got it wrong".
He asked if he could not "have made a mistake in his takings". I stopped him and told him this was out of the question. There followed a lot of silence and mutterings then he said he would have another look at the records and he had a friend who was an accountant and he may be able to help. He took everything away and said he would get back to me. He didnt.
I just rang him and he said "its ok its going in today".
Well what do I do? I've no proof of what has happened but it has a very bad smell.
- Directors Remuneration 2014/15 and NIC Allowance and Excel Spreadsheet 285 4
- saturday staff 30 1
- Apologies for reposting this but first post was on Friday afternoon! 428 3
- Employee becoming shareholder - can salary be reduced with compensating dividends? 101 2
- Incorporation and goodwill 152 3
- Payroll Software Recommendations 60 2
- Can a small company buy a painting as an investment? 265 3
- Industrial & Provident Societies 373 3
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,330 47
- Self assesment losses 357 9
- Disposal of an opted property 207 3
- Fee protection 978 19
- Payroll systems 438 8
- View on Absolute Accounts Integrated vs PTP vs IRIS 189 3
- dividend 289 12
- overdrawn directors loan 295 6
- Irish Taxation 181 6
- RTI and s18 ITEPA 206 3
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 287 4
- What happens to the director's loan if the company was to go into liquidation? 159 1
- Xtuple 568
- Qtac payroll for bureau 388
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 345
- Domain name sale and limited company 240
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 215
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 213
- Tax on damages received 187
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 185
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 152
- Accounts consolidation spreadsheet 144