Client Chip shop
Commenced Oct 2009
First accounts March 2010
First records brought in very late January 2011 and SAR completed just in time.
In February wrote to client advising that it would appear that they were very close to vat limit and advised them to monitor and register if necessary.
Records for March 2011 brought in 27th January 2012. I couldnt get return in so accounts completed last week in advance of increased filing penalties.
Turnover £72k so should have registered.
Sent accounts for approval with advce that the client should assess when he should have registered then make full disclosure to HM R&C and register. Also advised that if they were only trading at marginally above the limit they may consider reducing opening hours to get back below and deregister.
Client brought accounts back early this week despondent and kicking himself because he was looking at the limit from April 2011 £73k so he'd "got it wrong".
He asked if he could not "have made a mistake in his takings". I stopped him and told him this was out of the question. There followed a lot of silence and mutterings then he said he would have another look at the records and he had a friend who was an accountant and he may be able to help. He took everything away and said he would get back to me. He didnt.
I just rang him and he said "its ok its going in today".
Well what do I do? I've no proof of what has happened but it has a very bad smell.
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 324 6
- Can Excel sheets be imported into Digita Accounts Production Posting Sheets? 71 1
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 317 11
- Starting up in practice - safety net 145 3
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 206 4
- Rental property company 105 1
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 299 7
- Payroo Employer allowance query 252 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 382 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 153 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 192 2
- Comapny valuation qualifications 146 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 489 5
- Director's tax return 399 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 181 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,136 34
- Flat rate vat 238 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 195 5
- Coming in from the cold 390 3
- Splitting the tax year 192 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 818
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 568
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 436
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 315
- Free Tax Legislation? 291
- Director Loan account operation 270
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 258
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 256
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 235
- Paye procedures for CVA 178