Client Chip shop
Commenced Oct 2009
First accounts March 2010
First records brought in very late January 2011 and SAR completed just in time.
In February wrote to client advising that it would appear that they were very close to vat limit and advised them to monitor and register if necessary.
Records for March 2011 brought in 27th January 2012. I couldnt get return in so accounts completed last week in advance of increased filing penalties.
Turnover £72k so should have registered.
Sent accounts for approval with advce that the client should assess when he should have registered then make full disclosure to HM R&C and register. Also advised that if they were only trading at marginally above the limit they may consider reducing opening hours to get back below and deregister.
Client brought accounts back early this week despondent and kicking himself because he was looking at the limit from April 2011 £73k so he'd "got it wrong".
He asked if he could not "have made a mistake in his takings". I stopped him and told him this was out of the question. There followed a lot of silence and mutterings then he said he would have another look at the records and he had a friend who was an accountant and he may be able to help. He took everything away and said he would get back to me. He didnt.
I just rang him and he said "its ok its going in today".
Well what do I do? I've no proof of what has happened but it has a very bad smell.
- Companies House 25 2
- can a CGT transfer be legally cancelled in the future if 61 3
- HMRC repayment issued, how long till it hits account? 84 1
- Sage Payroll & NIC 359 7
- Company Pension Contributions 232 6
- Gross Profit Percentage 120 4
- Expenses allowable 112 3
- How to Value a Business 439 8
- Let Property Campaign 364 6
- Simple Ltd company accounts service 482 11
- Is there anything I should know about Northern Irish companies? 106 1
- Self employment trap - pension 325 3
- Awkward IP 593 9
- ESC A19 114 2
- When does my Property business start 257 4
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 1,527 43
- On line petition re HMRC grabbing money from taxpayer bank accounts 862 19
- Preparing a consolidated TB 224 5
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 1,233 20
- SE sales person paid in cash and goods 103 1
- CTA study material 591
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 590
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 361
- Employment related securities question 221
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 193
- ATED Penalties 192
- AIM Stocks and IHT 174
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 129
- Trust for Employee 124
- Expat pension contributions? 123