Need to charge VAT on sale of van?? Not claimed on purchase
It's so easy so please confirm a schoolboy question.
Client - a mechanic - purchased a van from a private individual, so not VAT charged/claimed.
Van now up for sale.
I told my client that VAT will need to be accounted for out of his sale proceeds / he'll need to charge VAT on sale. I can't see any reason not to can you??
I don't suppose he can use 2nd hand margin scheme for one transaction??
- Partnership to LLP - Capital Contribution 127 2
- SA302's anyone?? 263 10
- Tax status of prizes 38 1
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,345 38
- RTI error - two of the same employer - what to do 289 6
- clg 81 2
- VAT errors 159 4
- Professional Clearance 455 15
- CIS Deductions 254 7
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 1,240 15
- Auto enrolment 1,323 14
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 99 2
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 217 6
- do i pay vat when buying a business 407 22
- Loss Relief 194 3
- *Urgent pls advise * filing dormant accounts to Companies House 640 19
- Cheque alternative - letter to HMRC re undeclared income 283 3
- Property Expenses - Allowable 309 4
- Introduction of Goodwill 889 15
- VAT & Landlords 272 7
- Skandia using wrong address 1,600
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 887
- International interest certificate 496
- NOVA 359
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 265
- Bonus Bonds 250
- Management expenses for investment company 250
- Help with tax codes on Sage 194
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 161
- Clogged Losses 154