Need to charge VAT on sale of van?? Not claimed on purchase
It's so easy so please confirm a schoolboy question.
Client - a mechanic - purchased a van from a private individual, so not VAT charged/claimed.
Van now up for sale.
I told my client that VAT will need to be accounted for out of his sale proceeds / he'll need to charge VAT on sale. I can't see any reason not to can you??
I don't suppose he can use 2nd hand margin scheme for one transaction??
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 229 6
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,542 42
- CIC Company 378 2
- What are options for non CA firm 2,647 57
- Is this a scam? 753 8
- Companies Made Simple Dashboard? 113 1
- Employment allowance (again) :( 324 2
- Mortgage to buy property in limited company 232 5
- New company - form a group? 154 2
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 172 4
- PITA client 206 3
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 362 9
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,311 33
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 739 15
- Dividend dates 487 8
- R&D tax credit claim 211 5
- CIS Deductions 271 3
- Estate agent and VAT registration 113 1
- is this fraud? 786 13
- Married woman dies owning marital home 495 5
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 598
- Cancelled 345
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 331
- Cancelled 282
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 254
- Probiz 241
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 185
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 176
- Car leasing scheme 175
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 153