Need to charge VAT on sale of van?? Not claimed on purchase
It's so easy so please confirm a schoolboy question.
Client - a mechanic - purchased a van from a private individual, so not VAT charged/claimed.
Van now up for sale.
I told my client that VAT will need to be accounted for out of his sale proceeds / he'll need to charge VAT on sale. I can't see any reason not to can you??
I don't suppose he can use 2nd hand margin scheme for one transaction??
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 278 11
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 275 6
- Dress code 863 22
- How much did you pay for your website 1,562 27
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax Consultancy 2014 530 4
- Interest relief before property is rented out 131 2
- Dividend 335 6
- FRS and Debtors 159 2
- What's in a name ? 545 6
- Helping out a friend 435 8
- Problem with CT600 return boxes AC229 & AC230 (Accelerated capital allowances) 230 7
- Use of Home for Sole Trader 410 5
- ACCA practice certificates 333 4
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 1,278 36
- Umbrella Companies 261 3
- Tax on grant a lease - no proceeds 175 2
- What would you do in this situation? 823 15
- Accounts submitted to a the charities comission 327 5
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 597 16
- Project being run jointly 264 3
- CTA study material 739
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 458
- Employment related securities question 294
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 293
- AIM Stocks and IHT 265
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 240
- Expat pension contributions? 228
- Trust for Employee 222
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 215
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 139