Need to charge VAT on sale of van?? Not claimed on purchase
It's so easy so please confirm a schoolboy question.
Client - a mechanic - purchased a van from a private individual, so not VAT charged/claimed.
Van now up for sale.
I told my client that VAT will need to be accounted for out of his sale proceeds / he'll need to charge VAT on sale. I can't see any reason not to can you??
I don't suppose he can use 2nd hand margin scheme for one transaction??
- Can you use dividends to pay off interest charged on Directors Loan Accounts 72 3
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 309 8
- Autumn statement 90 4
- How much detail should you put on CT600A 33 1
- Has this payroll data been created retrospectively? 294 3
- VAT - Check on clients business 974 40
- Barrister "M25 Patch"? 97 1
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,631 26
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 598 23
- Is cloud accounting actually pretty pants? 2,171 38
- Sale of business assets 115 3
- Moneysoft error 495 8
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,731 40
- Auto Enrol with Salary exchange 135 2
- GRNI - Normal Balance 162 5
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 227 2
- Compare 2 lists 1,749 32
- Voluntary dissolution of company 216 1
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,364 25
- Digita Accounts Production Advanced - general perception 189 1