Need to charge VAT on sale of van?? Not claimed on purchase
It's so easy so please confirm a schoolboy question.
Client - a mechanic - purchased a van from a private individual, so not VAT charged/claimed.
Van now up for sale.
I told my client that VAT will need to be accounted for out of his sale proceeds / he'll need to charge VAT on sale. I can't see any reason not to can you??
I don't suppose he can use 2nd hand margin scheme for one transaction??
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,802 43
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 423 16
- Time to ditch Sage? 281 5
- Losses carry forward to self employed 49 1
- Fees 315 3
- Agent Authorisation Issue 252 3
- HMRC Post 537 7
- Transactions with directors 451 3
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 290 9
- Non VAT invoices 217 4
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 213 2
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,398 32
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 261 5
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 232 2
- Form 17 Download 166 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 566 28
- Small hotel - food for personal use 386 4
- HMRC Information notice 1,000 24
- Recommendations for online payroll software 287 3
- Accountant Specialization. 402 5
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 765
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 415
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 366
- Electric Car 299
- S222 Charge 245
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 212
- IP trans to holding company 196
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 185
- AIA 181
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 180