Need to charge VAT on sale of van?? Not claimed on purchase
It's so easy so please confirm a schoolboy question.
Client - a mechanic - purchased a van from a private individual, so not VAT charged/claimed.
Van now up for sale.
I told my client that VAT will need to be accounted for out of his sale proceeds / he'll need to charge VAT on sale. I can't see any reason not to can you??
I don't suppose he can use 2nd hand margin scheme for one transaction??
- Closing down - who should buy whom? 234 10
- Corporation Tax DTR 914 9
- PAYE NI 184 4
- Client information from previous accountant 215 4
- Subcontracting accountancy work 64 1
- Liability account to deal with loans from owner 179 6
- break even point 1,027 31
- Tasbook email configuration 211 3
- Unpaid Fee's 412 7
- VAT flat rate scheme 211 3
- Tax relief for backdated pension contributions 290 8
- Client cash balances, on or off-balance sheet for full service brokerage firm 245 4
- How long do legal aid take to pay? 127 1
- Two questions re client meetings and TR Fees 403 5
- Personal Pension Withdrawal 231 2
- Failure to operate PAYE 1,689 31
- quote for winding down two companies and file accounts 159 1
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 838 14
- How much to charge? 719 10
- Trustee in Bankruptcy 201 5
- Possible Partnership? 518
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 499
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 470
- New Fangled Penalties 314
- Clubs and Taxable Income 264
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 261
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 256
- Loans to other companies 198
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 173
- English Company Owning Property in Scotland 161