Need to charge VAT on sale of van?? Not claimed on purchase
It's so easy so please confirm a schoolboy question.
Client - a mechanic - purchased a van from a private individual, so not VAT charged/claimed.
Van now up for sale.
I told my client that VAT will need to be accounted for out of his sale proceeds / he'll need to charge VAT on sale. I can't see any reason not to can you??
I don't suppose he can use 2nd hand margin scheme for one transaction??
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 28 2
- How much of your work is admin? 1,130 10
- Cocaine anyone? 210 3
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,478 22
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 841 26
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 284 4
- ACCA - still making me laugh 474 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 259 1
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 335 11
- Tax return software for remote working 487 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 560 9
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 454 9
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 454 9
- How to purchase business premises? 183 2
- Will I need to resign? 843 10
- Childcare vouchers 196 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 279 5
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 301 6
- VAT avoidance? 247 4
- Can S455 tax repaid 199 3
- Hive up 477
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 440
- corporate hierarchy 417
- Advice - 250
- Amortisation of Goodwill 225
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 211
- WWOOFers 206
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 196
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 185
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 182