Need to charge VAT on sale of van?? Not claimed on purchase
It's so easy so please confirm a schoolboy question.
Client - a mechanic - purchased a van from a private individual, so not VAT charged/claimed.
Van now up for sale.
I told my client that VAT will need to be accounted for out of his sale proceeds / he'll need to charge VAT on sale. I can't see any reason not to can you??
I don't suppose he can use 2nd hand margin scheme for one transaction??
- Off site storage 49 1
- Auto-enrolment - Fees 240 3
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,054 42
- Garden studio - tax and VAT deductible? 67 1
- CT treatment of staff entertainment for overseas staff 80 2
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 502 4
- Joint Property rent 140 3
- Self assesment losses 244 7
- Anyone know about Cloud-Based Practice Management Software? 182 6
- Now the phishers have baited their hooks with SAGE 219 1
- Fee protection 851 16
- Overdrawn DLA 244 9
- Disposal of an opted property 130 2
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 236 5
- Irish Taxation 90 1
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 3,120 31
- CIS monthly declaration 193 9
- Telephone call from "Xero" 363 4
- Form 2.8b notice of intention to appoint administrator 133 3
- Companies House incorporation service 472 14
- Xtuple 560
- Qtac payroll for bureau 382
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 333
- Industrial & Provident Societies 322
- Domain name sale and limited company 222
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 203
- Investment 202
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 202
- Tax on damages received 173
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 159