Need to charge VAT on sale of van?? Not claimed on purchase
It's so easy so please confirm a schoolboy question.
Client - a mechanic - purchased a van from a private individual, so not VAT charged/claimed.
Van now up for sale.
I told my client that VAT will need to be accounted for out of his sale proceeds / he'll need to charge VAT on sale. I can't see any reason not to can you??
I don't suppose he can use 2nd hand margin scheme for one transaction??
- Treatment of private ambulances on introduction to business 46 2
- Voluntary Disclosure 353 8
- Gift to son by parents 58 1
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 1,043 32
- valuation of vehicles 479 19
- How to revise RTI for Moneysoft 267 4
- Director Salaries - Sole Director Limited Company who is also employed elsewhere 126 1
- Ethical Issues / Conflict of Interest 375 3
- Mortgage Interest - Tax Deductible 448 4
- BTC is slow 292 3
- Director registration for SA question 517 17
- Issues with freelancer taking zero salary from limited company 443 6
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 513 22
- Business only use of company car 725 26
- Dormant company late with their CH submission 524 14
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 353 4
- New Company reviews please 581 13
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 345 4
- VAT with Russia 272 2
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 241 4
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 312
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 255
- Any thoughts on Capium? 251
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 247
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 226
- auto enrolment 199
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 185
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 167
- How to account for investment in JV? 164
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 152