Need to charge VAT on sale of van?? Not claimed on purchase
It's so easy so please confirm a schoolboy question.
Client - a mechanic - purchased a van from a private individual, so not VAT charged/claimed.
Van now up for sale.
I told my client that VAT will need to be accounted for out of his sale proceeds / he'll need to charge VAT on sale. I can't see any reason not to can you??
I don't suppose he can use 2nd hand margin scheme for one transaction??
- What is wrong with HMRC? 356 4
- Glass-half-full member of the year? 316 13
- Boffin of the Year 495 16
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 684 3
- SATR won't match P14 - what would you do? 76 3
- Vat on digital download of music 23 1
- equipment rental 135 6
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 3,253 64
- Help needed.... 99 2
- Claiming salary pre incorporation 59 1
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 415 7
- Freight Forwarders - VAT 119 4
- Non sequitur 368 4
- The complete uselessness of the British banking system 346 6
- HMRC website error 179 1
- Fixed asset registers 173 7
- Has anyone got copies of the Tolley's CTA study manual pdfs from last year? 179 3
- Entrepeneurs Relief 96 1
- Opening balance and suspense account on sage line 50 41 1
- Incorrect Generic non-filing notice 304 10
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,328
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 428
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 345
- Alphabet shares 227
- Agent fees to sell business 223
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 214
- Office recharges 175
- How to reclaim VAT for a non-EC UK visitor 160
- Charge out rates in London 151
- which entity 144