Need to charge VAT on sale of van?? Not claimed on purchase
It's so easy so please confirm a schoolboy question.
Client - a mechanic - purchased a van from a private individual, so not VAT charged/claimed.
Van now up for sale.
I told my client that VAT will need to be accounted for out of his sale proceeds / he'll need to charge VAT on sale. I can't see any reason not to can you??
I don't suppose he can use 2nd hand margin scheme for one transaction??
- Enforcing A CCJ 305 7
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 122 4
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 305 6
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 151 2
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 272 5
- Comapny valuation qualifications 108 2
- Director's tax return 360 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 166 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,096 34
- Flat rate vat 192 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 181 5
- Coming in from the cold 348 3
- Splitting the tax year 169 2
- P11d & Medical Ins 206 2
- Should design costs be capitalised? 172 4
- Submitting tax return 185 1
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 266 8
- Sage Payroll 319 11
- Payroo Employer allowance query 212 6
- vat return 272 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 805
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 557
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 426
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 306
- Free Tax Legislation? 275
- Director Loan account operation 260
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 253
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 248
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 232
- Paye procedures for CVA 170