Need to charge VAT on sale of van?? Not claimed on purchase
It's so easy so please confirm a schoolboy question.
Client - a mechanic - purchased a van from a private individual, so not VAT charged/claimed.
Van now up for sale.
I told my client that VAT will need to be accounted for out of his sale proceeds / he'll need to charge VAT on sale. I can't see any reason not to can you??
I don't suppose he can use 2nd hand margin scheme for one transaction??
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,894 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 238 4
- Turnover on a tax return 177 7
- incorrect old p60 388 9
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 226 3
- VAT refund 129 1
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 207 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 258 3
- Missing tax return 372 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,100 30
- Inflation and fees 1,395 24
- Sage Priority Support 181 3
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 835 24
- Micro-entity accounts 268 1
- Related party disclosure 224 3
- Company reconstruction 156 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 243 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 165 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 185 1
- Advice please! 431 2