Need to charge VAT on sale of van?? Not claimed on purchase
It's so easy so please confirm a schoolboy question.
Client - a mechanic - purchased a van from a private individual, so not VAT charged/claimed.
Van now up for sale.
I told my client that VAT will need to be accounted for out of his sale proceeds / he'll need to charge VAT on sale. I can't see any reason not to can you??
I don't suppose he can use 2nd hand margin scheme for one transaction??
- planning to be self employed bookkeeper what do i need to do before i start? 106 1
- Disclosure of pending convertible loan notes? 209 10
- Standard 'email' template system 855 14
- New Client in dispute with old accountant 431 9
- Any Scottish members out there? 7,556 283
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,010 14
- How to complete annual VAT return online? 202 4
- Irish VAT Deferred payment 72 1
- Circular shareholding 210 6
- Starting as sole trader from abroad 178 6
- business card address 275 8
- VAT relief eligibilty for charity buying minibus 208 2
- Declined for business bank account 189 4
- Loan to a related company 89 1
- Artificially reducing profits by bonus accrual 642 26
- Repairs after a rental business ends 326 10
- Can anyone recommend a good document scanner? 252 8
- property rental income split 120 1
- Expenses of overseas employment 133 2
- UK RESIDENT IN RECEIPT OF USA PENSION 103 1
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,112
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 364
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 300
- National Insurance 269
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 239
- Payments on account coded out?? 228
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 220
- Non Resident 186
- Franchise income and costs 175
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 172