Need to charge VAT on sale of van?? Not claimed on purchase
It's so easy so please confirm a schoolboy question.
Client - a mechanic - purchased a van from a private individual, so not VAT charged/claimed.
Van now up for sale.
I told my client that VAT will need to be accounted for out of his sale proceeds / he'll need to charge VAT on sale. I can't see any reason not to can you??
I don't suppose he can use 2nd hand margin scheme for one transaction??
- Entrepreneur's Relief - Disposal over a period of time 176 3
- Late RTI filing re SMP 102 3
- Self Help Accountancy Book for Client 159 3
- VAT registration on digital services supplied outside UK within EU 96 6
- Additional information attached to accounts 186 2
- CIS Software 115 1
- Company assets 365 16
- Can anyone recommend a fax send/receive service which I can use via email? 223 6
- MoneySoft 170 2
- Best way to advise a limited company client 77 1
- How to convert a pdf file to.. 662 10
- Payroll cessation and missing overtime 146 2
- Self assessment 152 1
- Claiming VAT 128 2
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 1,124 15
- VAT on Acquisitions and Exempt Supplier 176 4
- Corporation tax on gains from one company to another 277 10
- HMRC website & Adobe Reader 272 5
- Basis period (2nd yr) for a partnership, please any suggestions would be really helpful 156 1
- Auto-enrolment - fact or fiction? 513 9
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 504
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 479
- Is there anything wrong with this? 281
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 267
- Uncommercial property business 244
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 204
- Registering online CWF1 184
- VAT - registration needed? 181
- Zoho software in small accounting and bookkeeping practice 180
- Accrued income scheme 179