Need to charge VAT on sale of van?? Not claimed on purchase
It's so easy so please confirm a schoolboy question.
Client - a mechanic - purchased a van from a private individual, so not VAT charged/claimed.
Van now up for sale.
I told my client that VAT will need to be accounted for out of his sale proceeds / he'll need to charge VAT on sale. I can't see any reason not to can you??
I don't suppose he can use 2nd hand margin scheme for one transaction??
- Is there anything I should know about Northern Irish companies? 157 2
- Payroll Operation post Trading Cessation 97 1
- Companies House 228 4
- When does my Property business start 292 5
- On line petition re HMRC grabbing money from taxpayer bank accounts 895 20
- Gross Profit Percentage 295 6
- How to change credit note allocation in Sage 236 10
- Who would you nominate for a Practice Excellence Award? 159 1
- How to Value a Business 485 9
- can a CGT transfer be legally cancelled in the future if 167 5
- Simple Ltd company accounts service 569 13
- How much did you pay for your website 513 13
- HMRC repayment issued, how long till it hits account? 130 1
- Sage Payroll & NIC 389 7
- Company Pension Contributions 277 6
- Expenses allowable 202 3
- Let Property Campaign 397 6
- Self employment trap - pension 357 3
- Awkward IP 627 9
- ESC A19 144 2
- CTA study material 604
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 598
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 369
- Employment related securities question 227
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 200
- ATED Penalties 197
- AIM Stocks and IHT 179
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 139
- Expat pension contributions? 133
- Trust for Employee 126