Need to charge VAT on sale of van?? Not claimed on purchase
It's so easy so please confirm a schoolboy question.
Client - a mechanic - purchased a van from a private individual, so not VAT charged/claimed.
Van now up for sale.
I told my client that VAT will need to be accounted for out of his sale proceeds / he'll need to charge VAT on sale. I can't see any reason not to can you??
I don't suppose he can use 2nd hand margin scheme for one transaction??
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 604 5
- See you all on the other side 676 6
- 12Pay 437 2
- dividends 588 2
- R&D 308 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,166 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 433 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 394 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 363 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 538 5
- Seeking a tax case 636 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 495 4
- Companies house strike off 527 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 413 2
- Moving to the cloud 732 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 212 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 890 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 206 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,088 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 485 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 558
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 420
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 370
- IRIS and FRS 102 354
- Capitalising Finance Lease 320
- USA help 315
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 295
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 287
- Marginal rates of tax 276
- Class 2 NI 264