Need to charge VAT on sale of van?? Not claimed on purchase
It's so easy so please confirm a schoolboy question.
Client - a mechanic - purchased a van from a private individual, so not VAT charged/claimed.
Van now up for sale.
I told my client that VAT will need to be accounted for out of his sale proceeds / he'll need to charge VAT on sale. I can't see any reason not to can you??
I don't suppose he can use 2nd hand margin scheme for one transaction??
- Lunches 79 3
- Mortgage Adviser's request 336 8
- VAT on non-denominated postage 98 3
- Generic notification message 244 6
- Property Expenses 194 7
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 676 21
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 792 39
- Auto Enrolment (sorry) 68 1
- Tax relief for networking day out? 483 13
- Swiching tax 480 14
- Accrued salary unpaid 237 4
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 4,164 18
- Basis periods 72 1
- P&L Treatment of property assets 90 2
- CGT on spouse's death 294 11
- Starting Again 301 11
- CT101 Completion 137 1
- Non resident pension withdrawal 154 2
- P11D Software 787 9
- PAYE Dashboard inconsistency 207 4
- Construction CIS LLP Company 597
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 584
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 384
- Pensions Regulator 349
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 287
- Using the correct forms 263
- SA penalty proposals 254
- RTI - duplicate employee record 246
- Accelerated payment notices 230
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 221