I client I have taken on in the last year has advised me has has / had over the last 15 years invested some £50k (or more??) in shares of his former employer Nortel. Who are still in administration/nearly gone....!
I have never done a negligble value claim before and was wondering on two counts if a) anyone knew if we could succesfully claim for Nortel, and b) advise if a CG34 to HMRC now is the best way to go.
As far as I can see Nortel are still in existence but only to tidy up its affairs so value is nil.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- Unqualified accountants filing SATR, VAT returns etc for clients 248 8
- PPR relief - deemed residence? 12 1
- flat rate scheme 686 20
- How to reward a long standing employee 170 2
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 251 5
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,513 43
- New intermediaries reporting requirements 187 2
- Windows 7 to 8 should I go Excel or Office 365 191 3
- Special dividends & CGT 286 2
- Attachment of Orders 125 1
- Sage instant account codes 268 2
- Allocation of income from property 256 7
- Protocol to be followed for professional clearance 189 2
- Turnover on a tax return 721 13
- UK tax exposure 402 7
- Companies House Presenter Account 190 3
- regulated mortgage work? 238 3
- Employer Making Employee Calculate own Holiday Pay 201 1
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 303 8
- What do young accountants know that you don't? 2,316 11