I client I have taken on in the last year has advised me has has / had over the last 15 years invested some £50k (or more??) in shares of his former employer Nortel. Who are still in administration/nearly gone....!
I have never done a negligble value claim before and was wondering on two counts if a) anyone knew if we could succesfully claim for Nortel, and b) advise if a CG34 to HMRC now is the best way to go.
As far as I can see Nortel are still in existence but only to tidy up its affairs so value is nil.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 150 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 185 3
- Xerocon 2016 1,223 35
- Mortgage Reference 537 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 242 7
- Insovent companies 883 19
- New Build 197 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,295 48
- BrightPay quirks 211 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 805 20
- Website Content 168 1
- Personal Tax 629 12
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 187 1
- USA Tax Query 307 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 439 5
- last minute request 655 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 357 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 394 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,740 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 988 6