Negligible value assets
I understand that where an assets has become worthless the buyer can claim loss relief by having sold and immediately required at market value (s 24(2) TCGA 1992) however i have had no experience in doing this claim.
I have been on the HMRC site to look at the list of quoted shares that they have http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/cgt/negvalist.htm and the company that i am interested in is not on there, the company is the well known enron.
A client of mine has a high number of enron shares and wishes to make a negligible value claim.
I have contacted HMRC and they have advised that i can either do this on the Self Assessment return or prior to this filling out a CG34 Form, by filling out the form they will provide if it is a negligible value claim and the supposed amount.
Has anyone had any experience they could offer me
If he makes a claim in the 2011/12 tax year will the loss carry forward forever or is there a time limit (if there is a time limit, it may be worth waiting a few years until he can relieve the loss against an expected gain in the future)
Any guidance on this would be very much appreciated.
- HMRC request for Sage Back Up 1,998 21
- Treatment of deferment duty in the correct accounting period 106 3
- Solar Panel Income - Taxable? 186 2
- Value pricing 2,175 95
- Accountancy software for an imac 169 4
- CVA guidance 79 1
- LLP members share of profits 367 20
- SDLT on land 106 4
- Payroll Charging too much Tax? 226 2
- Can UK ACCA Practice prepare accounts for Indian company? 137 2
- why prior period posting will be single entry transaction and it wont have any balance transaction 220 3
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 574 15
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 413 13
- PAYE Coding Notices 457 7
- March RTI Submission 143 1
- VT accounts licence key 547 9
- SDLT implications on an informal lease 86 1
- Renewable Heat Incentive Income - Taxable? 114 1
- VAT Option to tax 250 1
- From Ireland. Self-Employed or Foreign Income? 110 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 880
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 614
- Free Tax Legislation? 362
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 356
- Director Loan account operation 354
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 312
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 299
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 284
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 272
- Paye procedures for CVA 203