Negligible value assets
I understand that where an assets has become worthless the buyer can claim loss relief by having sold and immediately required at market value (s 24(2) TCGA 1992) however i have had no experience in doing this claim.
I have been on the HMRC site to look at the list of quoted shares that they have http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/cgt/negvalist.htm and the company that i am interested in is not on there, the company is the well known enron.
A client of mine has a high number of enron shares and wishes to make a negligible value claim.
I have contacted HMRC and they have advised that i can either do this on the Self Assessment return or prior to this filling out a CG34 Form, by filling out the form they will provide if it is a negligible value claim and the supposed amount.
Has anyone had any experience they could offer me
If he makes a claim in the 2011/12 tax year will the loss carry forward forever or is there a time limit (if there is a time limit, it may be worth waiting a few years until he can relieve the loss against an expected gain in the future)
Any guidance on this would be very much appreciated.
- Recomendations for a purchase order management book please? 109 1
- Instant CPD offer 276 4
- Cash basis 509 13
- Income from rent charged to business 112 2
- payroll software 361 3
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 434 5
- Statutory sick pay 299 4
- Dividend in specie 362 9
- Complicated Company car purchase 217 2
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 174 3
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 145 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 269 1
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 293 1
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 163 3
- Fee base v staff ratio 375 6
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,853 27
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 328 3
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 254 2
- Gift in kind to charity by company: services 105 1
- Investor exit 196 3
- Skandia using wrong address 568
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 306
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 303
- Employee rewards 288
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 245
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 226
- Etax Australian 186
- LLP in Construction Industry 151
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 131
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 130