New Business Start up question
Quite new here so I hope you can help me.
I am looking to start a web design business. I have some associates over-seas who are web designers.
I wish to market and sell their services to web design companies in the UK and also from a small company I form.
I already have a full time job here in the UK, therefore paying tax, NI etc.
I want to start as a sole trader, maybe even a partnership (this is still in discussion).
I highly doubt I will be meeting the VAT threshold, for the first year anyway. I am aware that I need to pay tax etc, but how would this work considering im already working full time?
I have never owned/started a company before.
What would my steps need to be to put this in place?
Register as sole trader? (if so do I still need to register business name?)
Open business bank account?
How would I pay taxes etc, how much would I pay? - this is the part which confuses me the most.
In other words, can you provide me with step by step instructions on what I need to do legally to start trading?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards, and thank you in advance for your advice,
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 967 47
- New starter error how to correct 100 2
- Tax implication giving money to friend (not family) 241 4
- Summer house for business only 224 2
- Taxi Plate & Car 194 5
- Dividends out of profit where P&L bfwd is in deficit 151 4
- SA316s 250 4
- Director with lots of personal expenses 109 2
- Does a UK LTD pay Corporation Tax before sending dividend to Holding Company? 123 2
- LEL and PAYE registration 131 2
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 597 13
- Filing amended tax return 137 1
- Tier One Tribunal 229 11
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 841 26
- Prompt Payment Discount (PPD) Vat 2015 - CREDIT PRIOR INVOICE 124 1
- Pooled cars legislation unfairly punitive 142 2
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 265 5
- Working in Iraq, how to treat the income 170 2
- Another transfer of property 164 2
- VAT on non-denominated postage 231 7
- Construction CIS LLP Company 614
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 600
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 390
- Pensions Regulator 360
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 297
- Using the correct forms 272
- RTI - duplicate employee record 268
- SA penalty proposals 260
- Accelerated payment notices 241
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 238