New Business Start up question
Quite new here so I hope you can help me.
I am looking to start a web design business. I have some associates over-seas who are web designers.
I wish to market and sell their services to web design companies in the UK and also from a small company I form.
I already have a full time job here in the UK, therefore paying tax, NI etc.
I want to start as a sole trader, maybe even a partnership (this is still in discussion).
I highly doubt I will be meeting the VAT threshold, for the first year anyway. I am aware that I need to pay tax etc, but how would this work considering im already working full time?
I have never owned/started a company before.
What would my steps need to be to put this in place?
Register as sole trader? (if so do I still need to register business name?)
Open business bank account?
How would I pay taxes etc, how much would I pay? - this is the part which confuses me the most.
In other words, can you provide me with step by step instructions on what I need to do legally to start trading?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards, and thank you in advance for your advice,
- Investment property? 522 4
- error on companies house accounts 885 20
- Director's personal expenses paid by the Company 154 3
- Quote for client 183 4
- Do you get your clients to sign their EOY EPS submission? 982 13
- ATT Exam tips and study help 89 2
- Reversal of Warranty Provision 256 9
- Can a company act like a charity, without being a registered charity? 243 5
- Client's company struck off 1,762 21
- Separate Pay runs for salary and commission 74 1
- Refurbised Pub 148 4
- Amend this years FPS's - any HMRC penalties? 163 4
- Directors obligation to notify 377 6
- Tax relief in respect of rental property/withdrawing of capital 74 2
- ATED on a hotel that isn't in use? 96 1
- Tax and children 315 2
- Moneysoft update problem 246 4
- HMRC stupidity of the day 568 4
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 830 7
- QROP pension input amounts 531 1
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 512
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 452
- EPS and CIS deductions 318
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 301
- Construction CIS LLP Company 293
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 274
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 219
- SAGE winforecast 212
- Overdrawn director account 199
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 199