New Business Start up question
Quite new here so I hope you can help me.
I am looking to start a web design business. I have some associates over-seas who are web designers.
I wish to market and sell their services to web design companies in the UK and also from a small company I form.
I already have a full time job here in the UK, therefore paying tax, NI etc.
I want to start as a sole trader, maybe even a partnership (this is still in discussion).
I highly doubt I will be meeting the VAT threshold, for the first year anyway. I am aware that I need to pay tax etc, but how would this work considering im already working full time?
I have never owned/started a company before.
What would my steps need to be to put this in place?
Register as sole trader? (if so do I still need to register business name?)
Open business bank account?
How would I pay taxes etc, how much would I pay? - this is the part which confuses me the most.
In other words, can you provide me with step by step instructions on what I need to do legally to start trading?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards, and thank you in advance for your advice,
- Unusual Self Employment Expense Claims? 448 6
- Sage Instant cash based flat rate 65 2
- Loan notes payment of principal and interest 54 2
- HMRC VAT misstatement disclosure 190 2
- How to account fot Cross-border vat. 202 5
- are receipts needed? 212 7
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 457 27
- Sage 50 181 2
- New accountant 223 5
- sole trader - operating under cis 224 7
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,954 65
- Tax case refeence request 109 1
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 786 28
- Sage Payroll with 'employees' not having tax or NI deducted 228 4
- Auto enrolment for one or two director companies 1,908 29
- PayPal Transaction Analysis 243 5
- Working out a daily rate 181 5
- Auto enrolment 1,250 13
- Payroll dates 143 5
- VAT reports on trade debtors and trade creditors 288 8
- Skandia using wrong address 1,575
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 872
- International interest certificate 483
- NOVA 338
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 260
- Management expenses for investment company 230
- Bonus Bonds 229
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 228
- Help with tax codes on Sage 173
- Capital reduction 165