New Business Start up question
Quite new here so I hope you can help me.
I am looking to start a web design business. I have some associates over-seas who are web designers.
I wish to market and sell their services to web design companies in the UK and also from a small company I form.
I already have a full time job here in the UK, therefore paying tax, NI etc.
I want to start as a sole trader, maybe even a partnership (this is still in discussion).
I highly doubt I will be meeting the VAT threshold, for the first year anyway. I am aware that I need to pay tax etc, but how would this work considering im already working full time?
I have never owned/started a company before.
What would my steps need to be to put this in place?
Register as sole trader? (if so do I still need to register business name?)
Open business bank account?
How would I pay taxes etc, how much would I pay? - this is the part which confuses me the most.
In other words, can you provide me with step by step instructions on what I need to do legally to start trading?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards, and thank you in advance for your advice,
- VAT registration for self employed dentist??? 16 1
- App recommended by HMRC for record keeping 1,173 11
- Outsourcing iXBRL Tagging 144 8
- Use of home for storage 177 4
- Negativer Payslip Request 83 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 8,700 328
- Anyone out there with charity accounts experience 197 10
- Late filing penalty for personal tax return. Reasonable excuse 168 7
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 437 12
- Mortgage deposit Gift 325 16
- Amending Share Capital 162 6
- Family loan 973 13
- Getting VAT right for a sole trader pilot 97 4
- FIFA game and making money 1,035 10
- Loan to a related company 325 14
- Being Tax relevant 530 7
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 977 4
- What should I do for 'free' 440 5
- planning to be self employed bookkeeper what do i need to do before i start? 505 7
- Payroll provider 327 6
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,162
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 386
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 303
- National Insurance 293
- Payments on account coded out?? 256
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 249
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 227
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 219
- Non Resident 203
- Franchise income and costs 190