New Business Start up question
Quite new here so I hope you can help me.
I am looking to start a web design business. I have some associates over-seas who are web designers.
I wish to market and sell their services to web design companies in the UK and also from a small company I form.
I already have a full time job here in the UK, therefore paying tax, NI etc.
I want to start as a sole trader, maybe even a partnership (this is still in discussion).
I highly doubt I will be meeting the VAT threshold, for the first year anyway. I am aware that I need to pay tax etc, but how would this work considering im already working full time?
I have never owned/started a company before.
What would my steps need to be to put this in place?
Register as sole trader? (if so do I still need to register business name?)
Open business bank account?
How would I pay taxes etc, how much would I pay? - this is the part which confuses me the most.
In other words, can you provide me with step by step instructions on what I need to do legally to start trading?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards, and thank you in advance for your advice,
- Deleted question? 718 19
- Accounts Question 81 4
- What are options for non CA firm 3,160 67
- Do I need a smartphone? 1,925 69
- MAAT vs ACCA 689 13
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 1,384 24
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,913 46
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 640 3
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 428 4
- VAT Return Errors 164 2
- Adjustment to previous self assessments 113 5
- inflation rate year on year 139 3
- Yorkshire Day 592 38
- Company valuation for IHT purposes 178 4
- Principal Private Residence relief on two semis knocked together 177 4
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 378 16
- Entrepreneurs relief sale of business to two different buyers?? 143 3
- SMP reclaimable by employer 290 7
- Agent help line - long queues? 236 4
- the umbrella scheme for PAYE 150 1
- Cancelled 468
- Cancelled 385
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 375
- Probiz 356
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 260
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 235
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 229
- More spam 183
- Does anyone have SCI unit contact details? 161
- Employee Benefit Trust 151