New Business Start up question
Quite new here so I hope you can help me.
I am looking to start a web design business. I have some associates over-seas who are web designers.
I wish to market and sell their services to web design companies in the UK and also from a small company I form.
I already have a full time job here in the UK, therefore paying tax, NI etc.
I want to start as a sole trader, maybe even a partnership (this is still in discussion).
I highly doubt I will be meeting the VAT threshold, for the first year anyway. I am aware that I need to pay tax etc, but how would this work considering im already working full time?
I have never owned/started a company before.
What would my steps need to be to put this in place?
Register as sole trader? (if so do I still need to register business name?)
Open business bank account?
How would I pay taxes etc, how much would I pay? - this is the part which confuses me the most.
In other words, can you provide me with step by step instructions on what I need to do legally to start trading?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards, and thank you in advance for your advice,
- How to change credit note allocation in Sage 232 10
- Companies House 201 3
- Gross Profit Percentage 272 5
- Who would you nominate for a Practice Excellence Award? 155 1
- How to Value a Business 483 9
- can a CGT transfer be legally cancelled in the future if 154 5
- Simple Ltd company accounts service 563 13
- How much did you pay for your website 503 13
- HMRC repayment issued, how long till it hits account? 126 1
- Sage Payroll & NIC 389 7
- Company Pension Contributions 276 6
- Expenses allowable 194 3
- Let Property Campaign 394 6
- Is there anything I should know about Northern Irish companies? 145 1
- Self employment trap - pension 355 3
- Awkward IP 623 9
- ESC A19 139 2
- When does my Property business start 279 4
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 1,543 43
- On line petition re HMRC grabbing money from taxpayer bank accounts 881 19
- CTA study material 604
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 598
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 369
- Employment related securities question 227
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 200
- ATED Penalties 197
- AIM Stocks and IHT 179
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 139
- Expat pension contributions? 130
- Trust for Employee 126