New Business Start up question
Quite new here so I hope you can help me.
I am looking to start a web design business. I have some associates over-seas who are web designers.
I wish to market and sell their services to web design companies in the UK and also from a small company I form.
I already have a full time job here in the UK, therefore paying tax, NI etc.
I want to start as a sole trader, maybe even a partnership (this is still in discussion).
I highly doubt I will be meeting the VAT threshold, for the first year anyway. I am aware that I need to pay tax etc, but how would this work considering im already working full time?
I have never owned/started a company before.
What would my steps need to be to put this in place?
Register as sole trader? (if so do I still need to register business name?)
Open business bank account?
How would I pay taxes etc, how much would I pay? - this is the part which confuses me the most.
In other words, can you provide me with step by step instructions on what I need to do legally to start trading?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards, and thank you in advance for your advice,
- Excel query 23 1
- Payment on account penalties 49 3
- Tax on free shares 94 5
- Flat Rate Vat 14.5% and 5% reduced rate VAT 171 3
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 165 8
- Capital allowances on sale and puchase of business assets 107 1
- Audit 447 14
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 373 8
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 101 3
- Buying a horse?? 384 12
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 179 2
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 733 21
- PITA ex-client 208 9
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 237 6
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 347 9
- Can I contribute to SIPP if I pay no salary/dividend from ltd company 320 5
- How to complain about HMRC 1,663 19
- New supplier 141 3
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 824 22
- Capital allowances on a 3G Pitch 250 13
- CTA study material 798
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 490
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 451
- Employment related securities question 317
- AIM Stocks and IHT 303
- Expat pension contributions? 276
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 273
- Trust for Employee 252
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 219
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 157