New Business Start up question
Quite new here so I hope you can help me.
I am looking to start a web design business. I have some associates over-seas who are web designers.
I wish to market and sell their services to web design companies in the UK and also from a small company I form.
I already have a full time job here in the UK, therefore paying tax, NI etc.
I want to start as a sole trader, maybe even a partnership (this is still in discussion).
I highly doubt I will be meeting the VAT threshold, for the first year anyway. I am aware that I need to pay tax etc, but how would this work considering im already working full time?
I have never owned/started a company before.
What would my steps need to be to put this in place?
Register as sole trader? (if so do I still need to register business name?)
Open business bank account?
How would I pay taxes etc, how much would I pay? - this is the part which confuses me the most.
In other words, can you provide me with step by step instructions on what I need to do legally to start trading?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards, and thank you in advance for your advice,
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 188 4
- SA302 280 6
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 236 4
- Go Cardless 327 9
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 216 3
- Hmrc software 226 3
- Mehjoo 266 1
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 112 1
- Hosted email exchange 173 5
- South African Government Pension 180 1
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 166 3
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 288 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 309 13
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 245 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 149 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 288 7
- New Email Extensions 201 1
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 319 2
- Dental practice incorpration 156 1
- Audit rules 183 4
- Xtuple 510
- Qtac payroll for bureau 349
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 293
- Industrial & Provident Societies 284
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 227
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 179
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 178
- Domain name sale and limited company 172
- CIS schemes 162
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 147