New Business Start up question
Quite new here so I hope you can help me.
I am looking to start a web design business. I have some associates over-seas who are web designers.
I wish to market and sell their services to web design companies in the UK and also from a small company I form.
I already have a full time job here in the UK, therefore paying tax, NI etc.
I want to start as a sole trader, maybe even a partnership (this is still in discussion).
I highly doubt I will be meeting the VAT threshold, for the first year anyway. I am aware that I need to pay tax etc, but how would this work considering im already working full time?
I have never owned/started a company before.
What would my steps need to be to put this in place?
Register as sole trader? (if so do I still need to register business name?)
Open business bank account?
How would I pay taxes etc, how much would I pay? - this is the part which confuses me the most.
In other words, can you provide me with step by step instructions on what I need to do legally to start trading?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards, and thank you in advance for your advice,
- Accountants who provide tech/IT advice 494 2
- Research expenses for authors 177 3
- Tax question about small group and how to set up 63 2
- How to account for VAT on a newbuild that has been let 156 3
- VAT on “Reimbursement” from third parties 95 3
- Late VAT registration penalty 102 3
- HMRC website 76 1
- VAT 54 1
- Tax treatment on the sale of a business 366 18
- Company incorrectly marked 'dormant' by HMRC 109 1
- Pricing 213 8
- Sage error message 56 1
- VAT on converted property having opted to tax 209 8
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 194 3
- Auto-Enrolment 3,154 158
- Money laundering POCA 217 4
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 111 1
- P11d mistake 128 1
- Place of Supply or these two contracts walk into a German Bar 192 2
- CLG exempt under s60 130 2
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 501
- Skandia using wrong address 450
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 266
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 242
- Employee rewards 238
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 209
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 203
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 187
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 183
- Etax Australian 152