New Business Start up question
Quite new here so I hope you can help me.
I am looking to start a web design business. I have some associates over-seas who are web designers.
I wish to market and sell their services to web design companies in the UK and also from a small company I form.
I already have a full time job here in the UK, therefore paying tax, NI etc.
I want to start as a sole trader, maybe even a partnership (this is still in discussion).
I highly doubt I will be meeting the VAT threshold, for the first year anyway. I am aware that I need to pay tax etc, but how would this work considering im already working full time?
I have never owned/started a company before.
What would my steps need to be to put this in place?
Register as sole trader? (if so do I still need to register business name?)
Open business bank account?
How would I pay taxes etc, how much would I pay? - this is the part which confuses me the most.
In other words, can you provide me with step by step instructions on what I need to do legally to start trading?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards, and thank you in advance for your advice,
- Failure to operate PAYE 1,885 32
- Telemarketing 72 3
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 412 10
- Budget 2015 predictions 67 1
- Pass-through costs - show gross or net under UK GAAP / IFRS? 86 1
- Non domicile swiss bank 113 2
- New tax codes for ex-employees 98 1
- Husband Wife let property 66 1
- Tennants in Common - Changing % Share 67 1
- Gift between companies 94 2
- Physiotherapy And Vat 103 2
- Vat reclaim on invoice payable over 4 years 445 6
- Directors loan - no longer a director 252 2
- Why .... 686 8
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 924 9
- NI Contributions in order to claim state pension 534 12
- We contribute a percentage of employees' salaries to a pension scheme set up by them - do we need to get involved in auto-enrolment? 427 5
- PPR for non-residents after 05 Apr 2015 271 6
- Relevant life plan 299 7
- Flat Rate Job Expenses 151 2
- Possible Partnership? 586
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 495
- New Fangled Penalties 399
- Clubs and Taxable Income 321
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 291
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 245
- Loans to other companies 239
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 207
- Outsource Data Entry 197
- Moving away from CCH software 194