New Business Start up question
Quite new here so I hope you can help me.
I am looking to start a web design business. I have some associates over-seas who are web designers.
I wish to market and sell their services to web design companies in the UK and also from a small company I form.
I already have a full time job here in the UK, therefore paying tax, NI etc.
I want to start as a sole trader, maybe even a partnership (this is still in discussion).
I highly doubt I will be meeting the VAT threshold, for the first year anyway. I am aware that I need to pay tax etc, but how would this work considering im already working full time?
I have never owned/started a company before.
What would my steps need to be to put this in place?
Register as sole trader? (if so do I still need to register business name?)
Open business bank account?
How would I pay taxes etc, how much would I pay? - this is the part which confuses me the most.
In other words, can you provide me with step by step instructions on what I need to do legally to start trading?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards, and thank you in advance for your advice,
- Wrong career 63 4
- Adjusting over-provision of Corporation Tax in previous year 167 5
- Newsletter 230 5
- RTI Filing 1,750 22
- Would this save hours of your time? 70 1
- Fee's for P11D's 290 5
- Agent with HMRC 236 10
- Quarterly PAYE 211 7
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 42 1
- reporting salary? 167 3
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 316 16
- CGT on Inherited Property 271 2
- Employment Allowance related companies 94 3
- Value pricing 579 19
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 386 1
- Childcare Vouchers 171 3
- Audit Report Query 185 5
- Coming in from the cold 221 2
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,311 26
- VAT Query re: Foreign VAT 97 1
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 768
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 523
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 390
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 275
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 216
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 216
- Director Loan account operation 204
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 203
- Free Tax Legislation? 166
- vat return 166