New Business Start up question
Quite new here so I hope you can help me.
I am looking to start a web design business. I have some associates over-seas who are web designers.
I wish to market and sell their services to web design companies in the UK and also from a small company I form.
I already have a full time job here in the UK, therefore paying tax, NI etc.
I want to start as a sole trader, maybe even a partnership (this is still in discussion).
I highly doubt I will be meeting the VAT threshold, for the first year anyway. I am aware that I need to pay tax etc, but how would this work considering im already working full time?
I have never owned/started a company before.
What would my steps need to be to put this in place?
Register as sole trader? (if so do I still need to register business name?)
Open business bank account?
How would I pay taxes etc, how much would I pay? - this is the part which confuses me the most.
In other words, can you provide me with step by step instructions on what I need to do legally to start trading?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards, and thank you in advance for your advice,
- Company formation and bank account 198 7
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 628 8
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,520 44
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 483 9
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 386 8
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 171 2
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 390 8
- OneNote is fantastic 463 11
- VAT Direct Debit 350 7
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 435 8
- Self Assessment Software 681 21
- Share capital - death of a shareholder 431 13
- Self-assessment statistics 2,348 55
- Director started half way through the year no previous income. Pro rate NI 239 11
- Owning overseas property 228 1
- Fees to charge for Auto enrolment Pension for small Employers 337 3
- What's happened to Smith's Taxation 280 1
- Expedia say that they can't give me a VAT invoice 688 13
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,146 21
- PPR on a development? 237 4
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 649
- VAT on Export Outside EU and Conditional Sale 399
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 399
- Property letting & CAs 387
- 2015 tax year end 382
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 380
- FCA regulated company in a small group 339
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 258
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 236
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 230