New Business Start up question
Quite new here so I hope you can help me.
I am looking to start a web design business. I have some associates over-seas who are web designers.
I wish to market and sell their services to web design companies in the UK and also from a small company I form.
I already have a full time job here in the UK, therefore paying tax, NI etc.
I want to start as a sole trader, maybe even a partnership (this is still in discussion).
I highly doubt I will be meeting the VAT threshold, for the first year anyway. I am aware that I need to pay tax etc, but how would this work considering im already working full time?
I have never owned/started a company before.
What would my steps need to be to put this in place?
Register as sole trader? (if so do I still need to register business name?)
Open business bank account?
How would I pay taxes etc, how much would I pay? - this is the part which confuses me the most.
In other words, can you provide me with step by step instructions on what I need to do legally to start trading?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards, and thank you in advance for your advice,
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 252 2
- Termination Payment 319 13
- Business lending another business money (UK) 157 4
- Signed accounts for bank 373 8
- flat rate scheme 2,124 40
- How can a childcare facility mitigate vat 76 1
- Landing clients 511 16
- Opening a Quick books file 178 2
- What are my legal responsibilities 493 15
- P11D Benefits - Accountancy fee for Directors personal tax 265 2
- cash the returned VAT cheque 232 1
- Remote subcontractors - due diligence 248 1
- Confict of Interest 348 1
- dividend date - whose income is it? 274 4
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 354 5
- P11d query 287 5
- Rental expenses 135 1
- Intercompany Payroll Journals 165 5
- No more tax returns... 1,573 13
- How much state pension will client lose out if drops salary 441 6