New Business Start up question
Quite new here so I hope you can help me.
I am looking to start a web design business. I have some associates over-seas who are web designers.
I wish to market and sell their services to web design companies in the UK and also from a small company I form.
I already have a full time job here in the UK, therefore paying tax, NI etc.
I want to start as a sole trader, maybe even a partnership (this is still in discussion).
I highly doubt I will be meeting the VAT threshold, for the first year anyway. I am aware that I need to pay tax etc, but how would this work considering im already working full time?
I have never owned/started a company before.
What would my steps need to be to put this in place?
Register as sole trader? (if so do I still need to register business name?)
Open business bank account?
How would I pay taxes etc, how much would I pay? - this is the part which confuses me the most.
In other words, can you provide me with step by step instructions on what I need to do legally to start trading?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards, and thank you in advance for your advice,
- Tax return software for remote working 417 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 412 9
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 751 24
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 260 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 375 9
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 424 9
- How to purchase business premises? 101 2
- Will I need to resign? 759 10
- Childcare vouchers 107 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 257 5
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 285 6
- VAT avoidance? 189 4
- Can S455 tax repaid 162 3
- PAYE coding out 147 3
- Follower cases 567 2
- LIVE chat, starting now 447 2
- Late Registration for VAT 442 12
- TheTax Donut 1,135 1
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 702 10
- How to explain this to someone 411 2
- Hive up 464
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 429
- corporate hierarchy 411
- Advice - 239
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 209
- Amortisation of Goodwill 207
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 195
- WWOOFers 187
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 170
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 169