New Business Start up question
Quite new here so I hope you can help me.
I am looking to start a web design business. I have some associates over-seas who are web designers.
I wish to market and sell their services to web design companies in the UK and also from a small company I form.
I already have a full time job here in the UK, therefore paying tax, NI etc.
I want to start as a sole trader, maybe even a partnership (this is still in discussion).
I highly doubt I will be meeting the VAT threshold, for the first year anyway. I am aware that I need to pay tax etc, but how would this work considering im already working full time?
I have never owned/started a company before.
What would my steps need to be to put this in place?
Register as sole trader? (if so do I still need to register business name?)
Open business bank account?
How would I pay taxes etc, how much would I pay? - this is the part which confuses me the most.
In other words, can you provide me with step by step instructions on what I need to do legally to start trading?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards, and thank you in advance for your advice,
- HMRC filing meltdown? 634 19
- Anybody Use Brightpay 731 20
- Why do I do this every year 492 11
- File Abbreviated LLP accounts online? 35 2
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 220 4
- Self assesment online 1,042 12
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 255 11
- client can't/won't pay 1,977 42
- Tax Credit Office opening hours 130 1
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 130 4
- Payment of tax due on 2014/15 Self Assessment tax return 147 2
- Non resident income. 483 21
- UKBA financial requirements for spouse visa 297 22
- Hobby Horse 822 8
- What sectors to target? 626 30
- FYAs on second-hand vans 285 7
- Rent a room scheme query. 201 3
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 315 5
- closing limited company 219 2
- VAT when selling on Amazon 142 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 939
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 656
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 606
- Latest phishing scam 585
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 422
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 317
- Scratch Head 249
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 241
- Sabbatical payments 207
- Negligible Value Claim 182