new class shares to employee
We are all fairly familiar with the concept that any shares gifted to an employee at undervalue is subject to income tax and potentially NIC.
We have the situation whereby a company has been trading for 10 years, it is moderately profitable and the ordinary shares are valued on an earnings basis at £1m.
The company would like to incentivise a senior manager with shares on the basis that he participates in the future earnings and capital growth of the company.
They propose to issue ordinary B shares to the employee which have a right to dividend, zero rights to vote and rights to assets should the value of the shares exceed £1m in the future.
Any tax problems?
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 1,359 51
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 40 1
- Virus Alert - VERY realistic aimed at acountants 281 4
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 221 9
- Company dividends 771 27
- Warning! Cannot pay SA tax at Post Office 797 21
- White van man 959 28
- Client forgot to sign paper return and has gone on holidays 419 13
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 69 3
- Charities and VAT 53 3
- How to value a business asset? 201 5
- FHL Expenses 76 2
- Has anyone experience of BPRA? 91 2
- how much to charge 149 4
- Do I pay VAT back to employer for my training?? 212 5
- FYAs on second-hand vans 135 5
- VAT Margin Schemes 99 1
- Anybody received an Employer Payment Booklet for 2015-2016? 145 4
- Investment from Friend 302 11
- VAT registration transfer 91 2
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 896
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 591
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 562
- Latest phishing scam 507
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 365
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 335
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 267
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 186
- Capital allowances in first basis period 169
- Sabbatical payments 166