new class shares to employee
We are all fairly familiar with the concept that any shares gifted to an employee at undervalue is subject to income tax and potentially NIC.
We have the situation whereby a company has been trading for 10 years, it is moderately profitable and the ordinary shares are valued on an earnings basis at £1m.
The company would like to incentivise a senior manager with shares on the basis that he participates in the future earnings and capital growth of the company.
They propose to issue ordinary B shares to the employee which have a right to dividend, zero rights to vote and rights to assets should the value of the shares exceed £1m in the future.
Any tax problems?
- transactions after account have been closed 157 4
- Can I claim Vat on solicitors invoices? 152 5
- The stupidity continues 593 22
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 523 10
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 212 6
- Calculating capital gains tax for non-residents UK residential property 116 1
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,339 25
- New Employers Helpline 204 4
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 216 3
- Software recommendations 273 1
- Share transfer question 376 17
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 322 7
- qualifying for 1/9th tax credit on foreign dividend 179 2
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,453 19
- Overlap relief 758 19
- What is IRIS World like? 364 8
- Pension contributions 381 10
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 510 11
- Do you use sign up lists on your website 202 1
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 282 8
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 438
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 434
- WIP Software 299
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 290
- No payroll scheme in place 234
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 228
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 206
- Is there anything wrong with this? 201
- Small Part Disposal of Property 188
- Uncommercial property business 180