new class shares to employee
We are all fairly familiar with the concept that any shares gifted to an employee at undervalue is subject to income tax and potentially NIC.
We have the situation whereby a company has been trading for 10 years, it is moderately profitable and the ordinary shares are valued on an earnings basis at £1m.
The company would like to incentivise a senior manager with shares on the basis that he participates in the future earnings and capital growth of the company.
They propose to issue ordinary B shares to the employee which have a right to dividend, zero rights to vote and rights to assets should the value of the shares exceed £1m in the future.
Any tax problems?
- Personal Pension Relief in the Tax Code 153 2
- Auto enrolment confusion 2,044 47
- CGT on lost shares/scam 370 4
- Setting up a practice 398 5
- Very large share capital by mistake 507 7
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 473 4
- 24 month rule and expenses 288 1
- Love is in the air 555 6
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 656 17
- Stamp Duty 294 4
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 238 4
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,811 21
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 603 5
- Incorporation of gp practise 288 1
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 263 9
- Client Paperwork Retention? 574 13
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 586 7
- Tax Overlap Reporting 400 4
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 396 9
- Reimbursing director travel costs 459 6
- DTA tie-breaker issue 304
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 293
- CGT for NOn UK residents 281
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 276
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 254
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 240
- Apprenticeship Levy 239
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 225
- Capital Gains personal representatives 221
- Discretionary payment to sick employee 217