new class shares to employee
We are all fairly familiar with the concept that any shares gifted to an employee at undervalue is subject to income tax and potentially NIC.
We have the situation whereby a company has been trading for 10 years, it is moderately profitable and the ordinary shares are valued on an earnings basis at £1m.
The company would like to incentivise a senior manager with shares on the basis that he participates in the future earnings and capital growth of the company.
They propose to issue ordinary B shares to the employee which have a right to dividend, zero rights to vote and rights to assets should the value of the shares exceed £1m in the future.
Any tax problems?
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 253 15
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 456 10
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 540 6
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 164 7
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 286 4
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 105 2
- Limited company buying a car 134 3
- ACCA practice certificates 492 5
- Limited company buying director's car 286 10
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 72 1
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 86 1
- WC's and capital allowances 172 3
- Entrepeneurs relief 300 13
- Dress code 1,545 36
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 475 13
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 255 6
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 376 4
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 471 23
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 181 4
- Loan Repayment on Invoice 105 3
- CTA study material 767
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 477
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 396
- Employment related securities question 308
- AIM Stocks and IHT 279
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 257
- Expat pension contributions? 255
- Trust for Employee 233
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 174
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 147