new class shares to employee
We are all fairly familiar with the concept that any shares gifted to an employee at undervalue is subject to income tax and potentially NIC.
We have the situation whereby a company has been trading for 10 years, it is moderately profitable and the ordinary shares are valued on an earnings basis at £1m.
The company would like to incentivise a senior manager with shares on the basis that he participates in the future earnings and capital growth of the company.
They propose to issue ordinary B shares to the employee which have a right to dividend, zero rights to vote and rights to assets should the value of the shares exceed £1m in the future.
Any tax problems?
- Personal pension 361 7
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 53 4
- How much of your work is admin? 1,168 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 863 27
- Cocaine anyone? 313 5
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 77 3
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,487 22
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 297 4
- ACCA - still making me laugh 491 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 267 1
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 348 11
- Tax return software for remote working 493 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 589 9
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 472 9
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 461 9
- How to purchase business premises? 196 2
- Will I need to resign? 868 10
- Childcare vouchers 210 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 283 5
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 309 6
- Hive up 477
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 441
- corporate hierarchy 419
- Advice - 252
- Amortisation of Goodwill 226
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 213
- WWOOFers 207
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 196
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 189
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 184