New client, awful quality from outgoing accountant
Have just taken on a new small limited company client.
On handover, old accountant has included expensive personal car as a company asset and a personal bank account as a company one.
My confidence in the rest of the numbers as such that I want to tell the client the previous year's accounts will need to be done again from scratch. Not a great start to what I hope will be an enduring relationship.
When have you said, 'Last year's accounts will have to be redone' or alternatively, do you think I am over-reacting?
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 492 18
- Paper tax return 107 4
- Start up allowance? 348 12
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 74 2
- Will I need to resign? 97 1
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,336 41
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 230 3
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 164 1
- AIA or IFA 427 7
- Surely not? 428 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 629 9
- Running two businesses from the same premises 361 3
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 351 7
- Late Registration for VAT 348 11
- Old CGT loss 172 2
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 262 5
- Nominal Ledger 350 10
- Share structures 145 5
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 2,152 19
- Meal Allowance - Limited Company 345 5