New client, awful quality from outgoing accountant
Have just taken on a new small limited company client.
On handover, old accountant has included expensive personal car as a company asset and a personal bank account as a company one.
My confidence in the rest of the numbers as such that I want to tell the client the previous year's accounts will need to be done again from scratch. Not a great start to what I hope will be an enduring relationship.
When have you said, 'Last year's accounts will have to be redone' or alternatively, do you think I am over-reacting?
- flat rate scheme 168 4
- Director's Earnings when Drawing from Goodwill profit from Sole Trading Company sale to Ltd Company 212 2
- What do young accountants know that you don't? 1,964 9
- Company limited by guarantee having only 1 member 128 3
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 472 5
- capital allowances - Demolition of a building 162 2
- Limited by Guarantee - Members 94 1
- VAT refund 320 3
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,284 37
- Turnover on a tax return 550 12
- incorrect old p60 565 15
- Company to buy shareholder land 139 4
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 183 1
- Posting Corp Tax to Sage Line 50 160 1
- Special dividends & CGT 205 1
- Networking 370 5
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 281 2
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 306 4
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 340 5
- Professional coaching claimable? 298 2