New client - fraudulent expenses
I have recently set up my own practice, I have managed to secure quite a few clients already. However I took on a new client a couple of weeks who had been with his previous accountant for 3yrs. He works as a subcontractor on the roads. When I reviewed this years expense receipts I was quite shocked at what he was trying to put through for example gift cards for toy shops, clothes, take away receipts from the local take away even a receipt for a bracelet.
I did explain that the expenses had to relate solely to the business in which he told my they did, his previous accountant put everything through so he wants me to them through. I'm not happy with this, it goes against me ethics.
has anyone else come across this with clients?
- UK Pension Income For Non-Residents 116 2
- Limited company purchase of property 486 3
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 998 15
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 271 17
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 252 6
- Goodwill complications 279 6
- Tax relief for VAT assessment 35 1
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 149 1
- How much of your work is admin? 704 9
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 221 4
- Will I need to resign? 447 7
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 324 5
- Trade creditor journal 122 2
- . 500 12
- The declaration on the VAT return is wrong ??? 190 1
- Old CGT loss 244 4
- Bulk submissions to Companies House 485 2
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 412 9
- HMRC Distraint 160 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 175 2