New client - fraudulent expenses
I have recently set up my own practice, I have managed to secure quite a few clients already. However I took on a new client a couple of weeks who had been with his previous accountant for 3yrs. He works as a subcontractor on the roads. When I reviewed this years expense receipts I was quite shocked at what he was trying to put through for example gift cards for toy shops, clothes, take away receipts from the local take away even a receipt for a bracelet.
I did explain that the expenses had to relate solely to the business in which he told my they did, his previous accountant put everything through so he wants me to them through. I'm not happy with this, it goes against me ethics.
has anyone else come across this with clients?
- Xerocon 2016 1,092 28
- New Build 77 1
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 66 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,228 43
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 693 15
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 76 1
- USA Tax Query 250 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 400 5
- last minute request 586 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 301 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 330 7
- Personal Tax 567 11
- Disengagement Help! 1,700 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 966 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 371 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 618 18
- Corrupt Excel File 687 10
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,996 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 295 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 446 7