New client - fraudulent expenses
I have recently set up my own practice, I have managed to secure quite a few clients already. However I took on a new client a couple of weeks who had been with his previous accountant for 3yrs. He works as a subcontractor on the roads. When I reviewed this years expense receipts I was quite shocked at what he was trying to put through for example gift cards for toy shops, clothes, take away receipts from the local take away even a receipt for a bracelet.
I did explain that the expenses had to relate solely to the business in which he told my they did, his previous accountant put everything through so he wants me to them through. I'm not happy with this, it goes against me ethics.
has anyone else come across this with clients?
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,882 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 222 4
- Turnover on a tax return 136 7
- incorrect old p60 379 9
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 223 3
- VAT refund 112 1
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 195 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 255 3
- Missing tax return 363 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,095 30
- Inflation and fees 1,389 24
- Sage Priority Support 179 3
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 833 24
- Micro-entity accounts 263 1
- Related party disclosure 222 3
- Company reconstruction 154 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 240 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 162 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 182 1
- Advice please! 428 2